Ellie Asher Photography Reviews

25 Reviews for Ellie Asher Photography

Ellie Asher Photography 1
Ellie Asher Photography 2

Elise · Married on 08/12/2017

Stop, look no more. Do you want a wedding photographer that is going to go to extreme measures to get you unique, breathtaking photos all while making you feel like a rockstar? Ellie and Will are not only incredible photographers, they are stand up honorable and truly goodhearted people that will go the extra mile for you. They work seamlessly together and are able to capture the genuine emotion of couples that they photograph (even if you're nervous to have your picture taken, and usually freeze up awkwardly like I do.) During my engagement session with them, they were able to turn a somewhat high-pressure situation into some of my fiance and my favorite memories to date. They were able to give us just enough direction to capture amazing photos but kept us loose and relaxed, happy and laughing the entire time. Not to mention that since we received and shared our photos, countless people have approached us to say that they have never seen engagement photos of the same caliber and quality. Ellie and Will were able to create magazine quality work that we will cherish forever. They literally climbed cliffs on the Oregon Coast in a rainstorm to get shots of us that look like they are out of a fairytale. I'd been following Ellie and Will's work for years so when my fiance and I first got engaged- the one and only decision we made was to book Ellie Asher Photography. We knew that our photography package was going to be an essential investment in commemorating our most important day to date. We wouldn't trust anyone but Ellie and Will to be such an intimate and important part of our wedding, and we wouldn't want to share the day with anyone else. As much as I try not to be, I am a Type A, nervous bride and I have felt nothing but confidence in their abilities through this entire process.They researched a stunning location for our engagement shoot and have been available at all times to plan, discuss, and even just to chat and provide support.I cannot recommend them more!!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

I could not say enough great things about Ellie and Will that would fully capture how amazing they are!! We did our engagement shoot, rehearsal dinner, and entire wedding day with them and each experience was incredible. I feel as though their photos speak for themselves, but what I am most impressed by is their ability to capture more than just an image; I can feel the emotions and the mood in each of their photos and that is such an incredible thing to have. Aside from their beautiful photography, both Ellie and Will are just downright amazing people. They are so fun to be around, they make you feel like a model and that you are really great at taking photos (when let's be honestly, most of us feel incredibly awkward), they have an uncanny way of getting you into "posed" positions that don't actually feel posed and look extremely natural in the finished product. These two are people, that if they weren't photographing your wedding, you would want them as guests because they are just that awesome. Highly, highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 09/10/2016

There are truly not enough gold stars in the world that could even begin to explain how absolutely amazing Ellie and Will are. From the very first conversation we had, they went above and beyond for us to make sure our wedding was perfect. Ellie is one of the absolute kindest and most genuine people i've ever had the pleasure of meeting. It is so evident how much she loves what she does, and there is nothing she wouldn't do to make sure your wedding and the photos you receive are everything you could want. The only thing more stellar than her personality is her talent as a photographer. Leading up to my wedding, she answered any question I could possibly think of, and came prepared with her own to make sure everything was beyond ready. The day of was absolutely flawless. She and Will had a plan and they completely nailed every single thing we talked about. They are such a rockstar team together. Having her with me throughout the wedding felt like a friend that was there. I completely trusted every single idea and vision they had and I could not be happier with it. Our photos turned out better than I could have dreamed of. If you want to re-live the best day of your life with every single photo, these are your people. Every moment was truly captured in a way you wouldn't even believe. Ellie and Will's eye for photography and aesthetics will surpass anything you would've come up with yourself. I am so beyond thankful I found Ellie and Will. They kept me completely at ease throughout the entire planning process and the day of. I don't think anyone else could've created such beautiful images and truly captured my wedding like they did. I seriously love them.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Jayde · Married on 07/30/2016

Ellie Asher Photography allowed a great experience with great results. During our wedding we didn't want to think about pictures due to all the other obligations. Ellie Asher Photography managed to get amazing photos without us even realizing it. They were fun to be around and completely natural at capturing the beautiful moments. It was downright impressive their ability to be everywhere, snapping pictures and making our wedding even more special. If it weren't for the confidence in my marriage, I would hire them again!

Sent on 05/09/2017
  • Siloh

Siloh · Married on 06/25/2016

Ellie Asher Photography is amazing in every sense of the word. Her and her partner in crime Will do fantastic work.

From the moment I contacted her as a possible photographer for my wedding I knew this was who I wanted, and trusted for my big day. Her style is what I would describe as whimsical and magical, somehow finding the perfect of incorporating natural surroundings and the people who are in the shot--making everything seem like something straight out on a PNW fairytale.

Before we officially booked with Ellie my fiance and I met her for coffee. We had a nice chat about what we thought was important to capture for our wedding. She completely understood what we wanted to focus on, and her vibe was one that put us at ease. Immediately we knew that if we booked with Ellie we wouldn't have to worry about anything. Business-wise Ellie is very responsive. She got back to me right away every time I had a question about anything. For engagement photos she sent me a email that had helpful suggestions and hints in terms of ideas to wear, and what to expect for day. She also walked the venue with us and got the input of a few different locations that we would like to have pictures taken at. Working with both Ellie and Will have been fantastic and I can honestly refer them to anyone needing photography of any kind.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Liz · Married on 06/16/2016

Ellie took my wedding photos in 2013. My husband and I were looking for a photographer who was talented and flexible, and we found that and more with Ellie Asher Photography. She was incredibly responsive when we contacted her, met with us for about an hour to talk about what we wanted out of our wedding photos, and was very organized. When it came time for our wedding, Ellie felt like a part of our family and made our big day so much less stressful than it could have been had we hired someone else. She took beautiful photos that hang in our home. Even three years later, we are still incredibly happy and satisfied with our choice in a wedding photographer and would do it all over again with Ellie Asher Photography!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Carri · Married on 04/16/2016

Ellie and Will are beyond wonderful! From our engagement photos to our wedding day, my husband and I were blown away with how hard they both worked to make the day run smoothly. Promt, professional, they kept in close touch with us, they helped with a timeline, so personable, kind and funny, their photography skills are literally the best I've ever seen..... The list goes on. I would HIGHLY recommend them! It was such a wonderful experience with Ellie and Will, I wish I could replay my wedding day because it was perfect!

Xo, Carrie + Carl

Sent on 04/29/2016

Maggie · Married on 12/12/2015

Ellie & her husband Will are real salt of the earth people. Their talent and artistic eye is unparalleled, and even though there are a plethora of talented photogs in the PDX area, I want to shout from the rooftops how great these two are. They make ordinary people feel comfortable and look like supermodels in their photos, and are able to capture an incredible amount of emotion. Can't say enough good things. Hire them! It will be the best investment you make.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Bradley · Married on 10/17/2015

Ellie Asher Photography, Ellie & Will, husband & wife duo, will give you everything you want and more. The quality of their work and artistic flare will blow you away. They are simply amazing. I wouldn't choose anyone else, no one else compares.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/16/2015

I cried when my daughter sent me the pictures Ellie took of her wedding. I knew she was good at what she did and I knew I would be happy with the pictures she took. What took me off-guard was how amazingly perfect she captured the beauty of the day. We felt that by far the most important thing that day was to have the perfect photographer...........after the wedding is over the cake is gone, the decorations are gone, the food is gone, but the pictures that are taken last a lifetime. Looking at all the beautiful shots she got, I was in awe of how expertly she captured all the love and emotion of the day. She was so easy to work with and so sweet. The best thing we did for our daughter's wedding, hands-down, was hire Ellie to take her photos. The second best thing we did was give Ellie total control. By letting her do what she does best, by letting her exercise creative control, we now have the most perfect gift to give our daughter and son-in-law: gorgeous photos that they (and us) can treasure for a lifetime. On top of all that, the pre-wedding pics she took of them, their bridal shots, are STUNNING! They literally look like something out of a high fashion magazine.
    I have nothing but the highest praise for her.
    Thank you, thank you Ellie!!!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Maggie · Married on 09/27/2015

Ellie is a phenomenal photographer and hiring for our wedding was hands down one of the best choices we made. She is totally professional and extremely talented. We were thrilled with how our pictures turned out. Not to mention, she is so much fun to work with and made taking pictures a breeze. I really can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 12/15/2015
  • LayDJade

Jade · Married on 09/26/2015

If you are looking for a photographer who understands the nuances of "being in love" and how to evoke that in pictures then Ellie Asher photography is for you! Husband and wife, Ellie and Will, bring a deep and beloved connection to the art of photography. Some of our favorite moments of our wedding journey was being in front of their lenses and somehow losing ourselves in the process. Ellie and Will just know how to create a space that makes everything else disappear. I wanted dark, moody, romantic pictures and that's what we got. Memories to last a lifetime, both in our minds and on film. It doesn't hurt either that they are both exceptional human beings! We cherish them and the journey we took together.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Kenzi · Married on 09/12/2015

Ellie and Will were, in a word, amazing. Amazing photographers who captured our day so beautifully and with such attention to detail. Amazing people, I instantly felt like I'd known Ellie for years, she is so kind and personable and just plain fun! Amazing quality of work, Ellie couldn't take a bad picture if she tried, her work is timeless and beautiful and she made us feel so comfortable. If I had to do it all over again I'd pick Ellie Asher every time!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Nicole · Married on 08/29/2015

Words cannot express what a joy it was to work with Ellie! My husband and I moved out of state shortly after we hired Ellie, so we had to do everything long-distance, but she was more than adaptive. During our day, even when a few things didn't go quite as planned, she and her hubby/photo partner, Will were so sweet and professional. My husband and his groomsmen loved hanging out with Will while getting ready too! We just received our image gallery, and can I just say "Wow"! She made the best of the rainy day and our indoor wedding by taking full advantage of the 10 minutes of sunshine we had. The photos are beautiful, romantic, and everything we hoped for.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Ellie is incredible in every way. Not only are her images just as romantic and beautiful as you could ever hope, she is a true professional. Responsive, flexible, imaginative and a joy to be around- you could not hope to find a better photographer.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Danielle · Married on 07/23/2015

Ellie Asher Photography was so easy to work with! My husband and I both felt comfortable taking pictures and she made the experience very fun and relaxing. Our wedding day was a bit of a rush due to the venues timing of setting up and Ellie had so much patience when it came to waiting for different shots or even waiting for us to arrive and get ready at the venue. The photos came back quickly and turned out beautifully! I would highly recommend Ellie Asher for your wedding day photography!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Brenna · Married on 12/12/2014

I've known and worked with Ellie in and out of the wedding industry for more years than I can count. Being a Photographer is the air she breathes. Her work takes my breath away. When it came time for my wedding, there was one thing I knew for certain, I had to have her. I designed my wedding around having Ellie as our photographer. That's how extraordinary she is. When she gets behind a lens, beautiful emotion provoking magic happens. She was delightful to work with and made posing feel like a breeze. She helped make our day everything we could have ever dreamed. And then, we got our images back... we were both in tears. She captured it all, the emotion, the love, the nervous giggles. Her work is framed all over our home and still makes me tear up. There is no other photographer quite like Ellie. I would hire her again and again!

Sent on 07/05/2018
    Ellie Asher Photography 3
    Ellie Asher Photography 4

Tina · Married on 10/18/2014

Ellie Asher Photography was absolutely amazing! The owner, Ellie, really took the time to get to know us as a couple through personal phone calls and emails. She made us feel very comfortable leading up to our wedding day. Ellie brings out the best in her couples in her photos. She has a vision that is one of a kind!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Andee · Married on 07/22/2014

As I know the ins and outs of photography, I was going to be VERY picky about who I chose. Then I found Ellie Asher. I had a list of three photographers to show Andrew. As we looked through them all, I remember telling Andrew, “I just love Ellie, she has this edge to her. I feel like she would be adventurous and do anything to get an epic shot.” He agreed. We loved her style, and so I emailed her. It’s amazing to me how you can become instant friends with someone without ever meeting them. She had me call her to discuss what it was that I was envisioning–we clicked right then. I knew she had to be my photographer. Last night, Andrew and I were able to see our gallery from Ellie Asher Photographer. I tried to think of the exact words to describe how those photos made me feel. There just aren’t words which adequately described what she and her husband Will were able to do. We cried, well I cried, we laughed, and we cherished every.single.one. Everything I required in a photographer above, was completed ten-fold. Not to mention, it was a pleasure to work with both Ellie and Will. They had fresh ideas that made it apparent they had put a lot of thought into beforehand. They shot from all angles, they got wet, they got scratched up, they did EVERYTHING in their physical power to get a shot which radiated creativity and uniqueness. They did everything THEY could to make OUR photos one of a kind. Better yet, my mom during that day, could not stop talking about how great they were.

Sent on 07/05/2018

Kalie · Married on 06/20/2014

I love love love Ellie! She was so professional, and was so easy to work with. She was so accommodating to our hectic schedule, and was so kind and helpful to our families and guests. Ellie really took the time to figure out what style of photos we wanted, and definitely gave us the pictures we were hoping for (and so much more!). She has also been helpful in the years since our wedding, and has been a wonderful resource to my family! I truly can't say enough good things about Ellie and her abilities; I recommend her to all family members and friends looking for a photographer!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Cristin · Married on 09/14/2013

Not only was she professional, and fun, but the pictures are amazing and I couldn't be more satisfied! She spoke with me about my expectations, and the things I was hoping to receive--then she exceed those things.

No matter what the occasion, you will look and feel like a million bucks working with Ellie.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Kindra · Married on 08/30/2013

Words cannot express how amazing Ellie Asher is. Her work is phenomenal. She captures the emotion perfectly. She went above and beyond to get that perfect shot I was wanting. Her passion for her work shows in everything she does. Thank you thank you for being so wonderful! We will cherish our pictures forever!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Valerie · Married on 07/28/2012

Amazing photographer that produced incredible photos! I wouldn't recommend anyone else. She will be my photographer of choice for every life event from here on out!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Shannon · Married on 08/23/2014

Professional and personal. If you are interested in unique, creative, artistic wedding images, Ellie Asher is the photographer for you. I hope she is still in business when our daughter gets married!

Sent on 10/30/2014

3.0

Ellie is one of the most exciting and upbeat vendors I had the pleasure of working with. Had I written this before I gotten my pictures, she would have all five stars, and even now I still recommend ANYONE to work with her. That being said, post production I had the feeling that I wasn't a "pretty" bride in comparison to her other weddings. She tends to share pictures of weddings on social media and we even bought a package with a blog post- but nothing was posted. At this point; I'm totally over it. And I had a fabulous time at my wedding and with Ellie shooting us, but for a while it really hurt my feelings.

The other thing I found in post production is that I felt because I paid for two photographers that I would have a more diverse range of photos- that wasn't really the case. Most of the views were all from the same angle.

In all: the pre-production, and day of production was incredibly worth the value. Ellie is only going to get better, and her attitude was fantastic. On a very positive note- she was an absolute gem to my family, and wedding party. She also took some fabulous pictures that my husband and I will cherish forever. :)

I'd totally recommend Ellie. I feel that the small issues I had are issues that come from working with someone new, and I highly doubt that would happen with anyone else. I'm recommending her to my friends :)

Sent on 11/25/2014

Ellie Asher Photography's reply:

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to review us, what you wrote was extremely well crafted and hit on both highs and lows that I need to use to improve my overall customer experience. Communication and editing is always something that I can strive to do even better on, and because of you it will be that much better moving forward!

E