Elizabeth Solaka Photography Reviews

Elizabeth Solaka Photography 5
Elizabeth Solaka Photography 6
Elizabeth Solaka Photography 7

Corinne · Married on 08/06/2011

Elizabeth was easy to work with and very responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process. Going into our wedding day, we had no doubt that we would get the shots we wanted and capture our special day. Elizabeth really excels at the candid shots, catching emotion in its rawest form. We had so much fun reliving our wedding day through her pictures and would recommend her to any couple.

Sent on 10/06/2011

marina · Married on 07/01/2011

Elizabeth did a wonderful job on our wedding pics!She captured the moments that i wil treasure forever..I would highly recommend her for your wedding.

Marina

Sent on 08/07/2011

Lewis · Married on 05/28/2011

We love our photos, and really enjoyed having Elizabeth at the wedding. My sister tells me that the best pictures she has of _her_ husband and children are from our wedding photos. My wife's side of our family is Japanese, and we had a mixed-tradition ceremony with Japanese elements like a change of clothes and a "kagami-biraki" sake drum. Elizabeth did a wonderful job of capturing all of these moments as well as the personality and celebratory spirit of the event.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2011

Elizabeth was the most amazing photographer I could have asked for! I came across her randomly on this website and she was the first and only photographer I met with. I could not have been happier with the photos from my wedding - for someone who is usually completely unphotogenic, Elizabeth captured how beautiful I felt.

I was also thrilled that she managed to take such unique and non-"cookie cutter" photos. She would take our picture in unlikely places in New York where I couldn't envision how the picture would turn out, but they were amazing. She has such a good eye for how to make a wedding picture both beautiful and also interesting.

Finally, I have to say how genuine and sweet Elizabeth was - I only spoke with her a few times before my wedding but I felt like she truly cared about making my pictures special and she felt like a friend by the time the day was over. Wedding pictures can be a little funny if you aren't used to being photographer, but she made sure to quickly put me at ease so I could look my best.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Rachel · Married on 06/14/2010

Elizabeth Solaka photographed my wedding at the New York Botanical Garden and I cannot sing enough praises of her creative talent, professionalism and personal approach. My (now) husband and I immediately felt comfortable with her and never felt as if we were being “sold”—a common occurrence in the “business” of weddings. She was willing to be flexible with her photography packages to accommodate our budget and never compromised on quality. On the day of the wedding, Elizabeth knew instinctively how to direct my family for the best pictures, but also when to step back to capture many special spontaneous moments. Elizabeth’s turn-around with getting the pictures back to us was nothing short of astonishing (and there were more than 2,000 images!) and her eye for personal and beautiful moments has made reviewing the photos so much fun. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Nikki · Married on 04/23/2010

As an English girl getting married in NYC finding vendors for my wedding was quite daunting, but I saw Elizabeth's art work and completely fell in love with it. She didn't let me down. Her photos were beautiful. We worked together to make sure
    we got just the right feel to the day. The photos are stunning. I would highly recommend Elizabeth.

Sent on 05/25/2010
  • W

William · Married on 01/14/2010

Elizabeth is a wonderful photographer with amazing professional skills. Her knowledge in the field enabled her to capture perfect pictures of us and the moments of our wedding day,we found her through our friends and we were assured our choice was right. She came very early on the venue, managed to do all the chores so there was nothing we had to worry about. The photographing session was enjoyable and we felt never bored. The photos came out very romantic and whenever my friends looked at it, they would glow with wonder and surprises.

Sent on 03/21/2010

Sherry · Married on 10/03/2009

Elizabeth was our wedding photographer and the entire experience from start to finish was a complete joy. The quality and style and beauty of the photos way exceeded our expectations. Elizabeth captured the spirit of the event and the personality of our guests and the joy we felt!

It would have been enough that the photos were so amazing, but here's the other thing about Elizabeth: she is such a delight to have as part of the event! She truly brought a peacefulness and calm with her! Sometimes when I'd be feeling nervous or over-excited, just seeing her made me feel at ease! My guests told me they felt the same way.

If you're looking for the same-ole, same-ole event shots, don't hire Elizabeth. Sure, she can take great posed shots as well as anyone. But if you want original, full-of-soul, spirited shots that truly convey the heart of the event, than she is the photographer for you!

I never ever tire of looking at the photos from our wedding because they are still so alive, even now, years later!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Karla · Married on 08/22/2009

My husband and I feel very lucky to have found Elizabeth; she was the perfect person to take our wedding photos (in August 2009). Elizabeth has a really nice demeanor and got really great close ups of our wedding guests without them even noticing her. I don't know how she manages to be so unobtrusive. She also really captures people on camera; we have a wonderful collection of photographs of our family and friends (as well as ourselves). Elizabeth is very dependable and punctual; I cannot recommend her more highly. We absolutely love our wedding photos!

Sent on 11/07/2009

Laura · Married on 05/21/2009

We highly recommend Elizabeth Solaka; she fully understood the type of pictures we wanted and was at the same time discreet and present at all times. She not only captured moments of emotions between my husband and I, but also took amazing pictures of our guests. Her assistant Carl was very nice and helpful and together they left us with beautiful memories!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Djamila · Married on 11/02/2008

Elizabeth and her assistant, Karl, were such a wonderful addition to our wedding. From the beginning of the planning process, we felt that she really saw us as the people we are. She was able to catch so many exquisite moments on that day and every photo seems to have a life of it's own- magic and energy in everyone's faces. She was extremely accommodating and generous with her time- coming all the way to Brooklyn to hand deliver the photos. Many guests commented on how wonderful our photographer was (both looking at the photos and just her presence on that day.) She was professional and very reasonably priced- even correcting an oversight after the fact, which was greatly appreciated. I highly recommend Elizabeth. We were so fortunate to find her!

Sent on 12/11/2008

Katherine · Married on 10/30/2008

I have utilized Elizabeth's services personally (headshots) and professionally (I work for an advertising agency). What makes Elizabeth's photography so wonderful is her ability to truly capture the essence and personality of her subjects. If I were getting married, I could not imagine hiring anyone else but Elizabeth. She's just that good. I've worked with many photographers throughout my 20 years in the ad business and Elizabeth is by far the most talented photographer I've had the pleasure of working with. She's professional - an absolute joy to work with - a true collaborator.

Sent on 10/30/2008

Chris · Married on 08/12/2008

The pictures came out great. They took them at good angles, and gave us a wedding book that looked very professional.

Sent on 01/10/2009

beth · Married on 04/30/2008

Elizabeth was the last photographer that I interviewed. As soon as I met her and viewed her book, there was no doubt in my mind that she was the one. She captured the day exactly the way I had asked. I did not want a lot of posed shots. Our wedding was small and I wanted her photos to tell the story of our marriage and family celebration. I could not have been happier with the outcome. I look at the photos and they take me back to that day.

To give you an idea of her character and commitment. She personally flew to Michigan to photograph our wedding. I wish Elizabeth lived in Michigan as she would be my first choice for photos of my children and of our family as we grow older. I would not hesitate to refer her to a friend.

Sent on 11/05/2008

Pamela · Married on 12/18/2007

Excellent pictures and a ton of them to choose from. Our photographer kept us all at ease and having fun! There were so many pictures and I didn't even realize he was in the room! Absolutely great!

Sent on 05/30/2010

Neha · Married on 09/09/2007

Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with. She is extremely talented. That coupled with her kindness made her great to work with. She was on time, took wonderful pictures and was great with the guests. The portrait shots she took are amazing.

Sent on 02/19/2009

Mark · Married on 05/05/2007

Elizabeth was referred to us through a friend, and we could not have been more pleased with both her professionalism and good cheer while working the wedding itself, and the quality of her work and follow-thru - looking thru proofs, ordering prints, etc. - afterwards.

Sent on 12/10/2008
  • F

Fabiana · Married on 07/14/2006

We were thrilled with our photos. I would recommend Elizabeth to any friend getting married.

Sent on 10/09/2008

Missy · Married on 04/24/2004

Elizabeth photographed our wedding 10 years ago, and we couldn't be happier with our photos. She truly captured the "feel" of our wedding day, & of course, the photos of my husband and I are gorgeous, but my favorite part was how she blended in with our guests and captured them looking so relaxed and happy... candid, but still the most beautiful (& REAL!) versions of themselves. We still have our wedding photos hanging throughout our home & people still stop to look at them & compliment is on them. I wish Elizabeth lived closer to our family so she could photograph our kids, now, too! Excellent photographer, very professional, with a friendly, laid-back personality. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Kate · Married on 12/27/2003

My husband and I were married over five years ago. I still LOVE looking at our wedding photos.
    We had a Christmas wedding, so there weren't opportunities for outdoor shots, but Elizabeth did a fantastic job of taking gorgeous indoor shots.
    My favorite thing about her was that she followed us throughout the day, capturing the day, without distracting us from enjoying ourselves. I really didn't want to spend my wedding day talking to a photographer and posing for photos, and she truly respected that wish. My only regret is that I didn't let her take more posed shots of just the two of us. She was so kind, fun, and friendly.
    The quality of her work is wonderful and I wish she was still in Michigan to photograph our children!

Sent on 07/07/2009

shannon · Married on 09/06/2003

Elizabeth photographed my Wedding in 2003
    A caveat: I hate being photographed, and tend to make strange faces when I even see a camera. I have a bad habit twisting my face up in a strange way when I see a camera.

My wedding photos look like magazine photos, Elizabeth Solaka is an extremely talented Professional photographer. I loved my photos so much that I had her do family portraits- which were also fantastic.
    The volume of wonderful candid photos was incredible, and she let me keep the negatives. Elizabeth has the special gift of taking photographs of folks in tender moments without their knowledge, in fact there were so many lovely moments I wondered if she had a lovely moment meeter that told her when and where something touching was happening. When people do notice her at work, she has an incredible way of putting people at ease, she just knows how to make people look great on film.
    What was unexpected was that I looked amazing an so pretty in the photographs, both in the staged photos and the candids. This is where experience counts, she is intuitive and she had my number, and she hit the shutter when I was looking like my happy relaxed self, no faces.
    I was happy to have someone outwit my natural inclination to give the camera the stink-eye!
    If Elizabeth is avaliable, you will be lucky to have her photograph your wedding, everyone who looks at my wedding book comments on the amazing photography.
    She has over 10 years of experience , and loads of talent and intuition.
    Top Marks!

Sent on 10/08/2008

Anne Alexander · Married on 07/10/2003

Elizabeth was professional throughout the entire day and gave us literally hundreds of beautiful pictures. My favorites though were when she managed to capture really loving moments between my husband and I when we thought no one was paying attention. She is not your run of the mill photographer. Her pictures tell a story and showcase her beautiful, unique perspective. She had great suggestions for making some of the posed pictures seem more natural which also made them more flattering to both of us. I hope to never marry again but if I do - I will be booking Elizabeth to photograph it.

Sent on 12/15/2012

Jonathan · Married on 06/22/2003

We could not possibly give a higher recommendation for Elizabeth. Not only is she an amazingly talented photographer, she was always professional, prompt and a pleasure to share our most special days with. No need to look any further. You've found your wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/06/2008

Susan · Married on 09/05/2002

Elizabeth provided beautiful photographs of my wedding. She has a wonderful eye- from finding the special detail to composing a large group shot. She also showed her artistic touch in the editing and composition of my album. She has a lovely quiet presence and was a joy to work with.

Sent on 08/19/2012

Melanie · Married on 07/03/2017

Working with Elizabeth was an absolute dream. She has a very unique and artistic eye for taking beautiful pictures. Our wedding photos exceeded our best expectations! I have gotten so many compliments, people are so impressed. I don't usually love photos of myself so I was pretty nervous. She was so easy to work with, I felt really comfortable with her. She really captured the joyfulness of the day and the beauty of the spot we chose. I highly recommend her! I couldn't be happier with the results!

Sent on 07/20/2017