Elizabeth Fogarty Reviews

Elizabeth Fogarty 7
  • Marilyn

Marilyn Procaccini · Married on 07/13/2019

Photographer - Extraordinaire! Outstanding Wedding and Engagement Photography

Liz Fogarty Photography is extraordinary. It started with a meeting in a cafe in Germantown, MD and it was an instant connection. Michelle had been following Liz and her work for almost a year and she knew she was who she wanted. She had looked at her work and said it was special. Then when I met her in person to work out details of a contract, I knew this was going to be one of the most important and best decisions that Michelle and I made for her wedding day. Liz and Gavin throughout the process were exceptional. Michelle and Andrew's engagement session in St. Michaels on a boat was perfection. Liz and Gavin captured every detail of their love and she shows up with the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers to enhance the pictures. She took a taxi out in the water to capture just the perfect moments of the sunset. We were hooked. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner getting to know both of them better and from that day on, we knew we had not only hired the best in the business, but we had added friends to our family! Michelle and Andrew's wedding day was nothing short of magnificant by both Liz, Gavin and their assistant. They captured unbelievable moments and they were everywhere. They brought such love, fun, compassion, calmness and beauty to the day. They shot for over 9 hours of photos and I can't even imagine how many they took, but by 9am the next morning we had 45 photos from night before that took our breath away. Wow is this team amazing and incredible. They allowed us to share the perfect day in pictures within 12 hours of the event ending. I can't imagine our day without them as a part of it and Liz is exceptional at what she does. I absolutely can say that both Liz and Gavin will forever be part of our family and while our work ended with the wedding (can't wait for babies with them :)....our friendship will last forever. I know the albums and rest of the pictures will be incredible. If you are looking for the best, you have found it in Liz and Gavin and don't hesitate. Worth the cost, they are exceptional!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Elizabeth Fogarty 21
  • Michelle

Michelle Yost · Married on 07/13/2019

Best photographers ever!

There are not enough words to adequately describe the quality of service you get from Liz and Gavin. They are without a doubt the best photographers in the DMV. For my husband and I, the most important vendor that we selected for our wedding was our photographer. We desired for our images to be authentic, timeless, and of course beautiful. That is exactly what we received and more. Not only are Liz and Gavin incredibly talented, but they are also world class people. They constantly made sure that we were taken care of. At one point, Gavin even brought my husband a drink. They were dedicated to serving us and making sure our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more. They captured such heartfelt emotions and raw, beautiful moments that we will cherish forever. I can't begin to explain how many times I have looked back through our photos. I love every single one of them!!! Not to mention, after tirelessly working nine plus hours, they delivered sneak peaks to us in less than 24 hours. To say I was speechless would be an understatement. It was such a gift to be able to share those photos with our family and friends the next day. Liz and Gavin are the best investment you can make for your wedding. I am still so honored that they were our photographers! We 110% recommend them!!

Sent on 09/27/2019
    Elizabeth Fogarty 22
    Elizabeth Fogarty 23
    Elizabeth Fogarty 24
    Elizabeth Fogarty 25
    Elizabeth Fogarty 26

Meghan · Married on 06/08/2019

Best Photographer Ever!

Liz was the perfect choice for our wedding. She was beyond professional, while still making us feel at ease and natural. That comfort level definitely translated into how well our photos turned out. For both our engagement and wedding photos, Liz and Gavin were a dream to work with. They navigated around the chaos seamlessly, while still getting all the shots we wanted (and more!). My husband and I honestly could not be happier with how every single photo turned out. Liz somehow managed to make us look like seasoned models! She has an incredible gift for capturing the joy and love between two people, even within a still photograph. We will treasure all of these photos for years to come. Now we just have to figure out how to display all the pictures on our walls - we just love them all so much! Thanks so much, Liz and Gavin. We cannot express just how blessed we are to have had you on our team!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 03/23/2019

Erica & George Lewis Wedding

Liz is an amazing photographer. Her attention to detail, knowledge of position, eye for composiition and creativity gave us the memories of a lifetime. Her ability to put us at ease and her team's great energy made the day effortless. She was a consummate professional yet personal and empathetic to the many changes that a wedding day can bring. I am so glad she chose to work with us and know we couldn't have had a better photographer to capture our wedding day.

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 02/09/2019

True Person with True Heart, Wedding Dream

She was so real in the sense of she bonded with us as a couple, was completely kind, thoughtful, fun and so accessible. Her and her husband make the best duo, truly captured us as a couple and what I wanted my wedding vision to be. Highly would recommend to anyone, just a truly real person, Liz is amazing.

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Elizabeth Fogarty 27
    Elizabeth Fogarty 28
    Elizabeth Fogarty 29

Katherine · Married on 01/26/2019

Best photographer a bride could ask for!

Our experience with Liz could not have been better! She was very organized, responsive, and friendly in the months leading up to our wedding (including phone calls, emails back and forth to ensure that I got all of the photos I wanted, site visits to ensure that she got the best shots, etc.). On the actual wedding day, she was amazing! She got along with everyone she came into contact with and was efficient yet did not make me or the groom feel overwhelmed at any point. And her photos from the wedding are AMAZING!!! She truly is a gifted photographer who captures all of the special moments of the day beautifully. Couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Guisela · Married on 10/27/2018

You just found the BEST!

Where to start... We are truly blessed to have found Liz and of course the bonus Gavin (her husband)! They became such a part of all the activities that lead up to my daughter's very special day! Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding, they are just amazing!! We loved working with them, so personable, professional, so unique in their approach, just fabulous!! All pictures are perfection!! We love them and hope that we have the opportunity to work with them again! Thanks Liz and Gavin!!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Austin · Married on 08/18/2018

Best quality photos & experience! We couldn't be happier

When I found Liz's portfolio online, I knew her work was leaps and bounds above any other photographer, and I'm so happy we made the decision to work with her. We invested in our wedding photography, and it was worth every penny. Every photo from our day is not only beautiful, but also truly captures the essence and the special moments from the day. Liz also did our engagement photos - she and her husband Gavin flew all the way out to our home city of San Diego to take them, and it was such an amazing experience! Throughout the planning process, Liz was personable, professional, and lovely. On the day of the wedding, her team was SO professional - the day went off without a hitch. They even helped out many of our other vendors by being so organized! We are so happy to have worked with Liz on our wedding day, and would recommend her to ANY bride in the DC/Maryland area (and beyond!)

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Elizabeth Fogarty 37
    Elizabeth Fogarty 38
    Elizabeth Fogarty 39

Alexandra · Married on 08/09/2018

Liz and Gavin were the highlight of our day! They arrived to our location early and were extremely accommodating, thorough and organized throughout the entire day. Every question was answered immediately prior to our wedding including recommending several other wonderful vendors that we used!! She was professional and captured all of the intimate moments before, during and after the ceremony. Her photos are soft and elegant which attracted me to her work and she definitely delivered on our day. She is extremely detail oriented and it's evident in every shot that she takes! Reviewing our photos was like reliving the best day of our lives, thank you so so much Liz!

Sent on 09/14/2018
    Elizabeth Fogarty 40
    Elizabeth Fogarty 41
    Elizabeth Fogarty 42
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 08/03/2018

The. Best. Wedding. Photographer. // hands. Down.

Are you looking for a wedding photographer that has an eye for organic moments? Someone who is genuine, creative and kind that you will feel comfortable with? Look no further -- Elizabeth Fogarty (and Gavin Fogarty!) are the best wedding photographers, hands down. From the very beginning, my husband and I both felt like Liz and Gavin were old friends! They have this incredible ability to make clients (even grooms!) feel comfortable in front of a camera. You honestly don't even realize you are getting your picture taken! Gavin is genuine, funny, easy going, and talented behind the lens. He makes grooms feel like they are old pals! Liz is creative, detail-oriented, professional, thoughtful and has a gift for capturing special moments. I cry every time I look through my wedding photos! I sincerely cannot recommend this duo enough - if you are looking for a wedding photographer - Elizabeth Fogarty is it!

Sent on 12/23/2018
    Elizabeth Fogarty 55
    Elizabeth Fogarty 56
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 07/07/2018

Working with Liz is getting a two in one- photographer and DC wedding expert. A lot of our family and friends are from overseas or deployed so from the start, photography was on the top of my list of importance. As soon as I came across Liz’s work I knew she was the one. Her photos are candid with a soft sweet touch and she made every bride, style, and venue look absolutely breathtaking. Right off the bat she asked me all the right questions to capture my vision. She not only exists in the industry but she takes the time to be a mentor and an influencer in the DC wedding industry! She introduced me to multiple vendors which I ended up using and made excellent recommendations on little detail items to include in my day to make it even more special. Whenever I would mention that Liz was my photographer, my vendors would light up with excitement that their work would be photographed by her. She is a true artist and comes in an adorable package deal with her husband and photography partner, Gavin. They are the perfect duo. My husband isn’t particularly into photoshoots and neither are his friends; however, Gavin fits in perfectly with “the boys” and made them feel like they could be themselves. The day of, Liz and her team arrived almost an hour early and was ready to go shooting details and getting ready candids. My hair and makeup ran over an hour late but she adjusted accordingly and seamlessly. Throughout the day, her team was so professional and charming with family and other vendors- everyone loved them (Seriously, if they weren’t working we would have wanted them as a guest!!) The photos were delivered weeks earlier than expected. She captured the most beautiful moments that I almost forgot about in the blur of the day. She also goes above and beyond to make sure her clients are 10000% satisfied. Throughout the day, my veil had slipped down my head and there was a handful of shots that were otherwise perfect but I just didn’t like how my veil looked. Liz didn’t

Sent on 08/27/2018

Abby · Married on 05/05/2018

Liz’s photos of our wedding day are truly stunning. It’s hard to believe that the people they captured were me and my husband — they are so perfect. Her vision for beautiful, romantic moments is uncanny. Liz is a sweetheart who has a strong sense of her style and it is stunning. She worked with my wedding planner and videographer to capture all the beautiful details of our wedding day, from getting ready in the hotel room to dinner and dancing. She and Gavin are an incredible pair. They know how to keep everyone relaxed and engaged in the picture taking. So many the people in our wedding party and families commented on how friendly and warm they were to work with. They are also efficient and know exactly what they want to accomplish so you can get back to enjoying your wedding. I highly recommend Liz if you’re looking for timeless, gorgeous photographs from one of the best fine art wedding photographer’s in DC.

Sent on 06/24/2018
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 04/28/2018

Truly magic in human form

Liz is truly magic in human form. From her ability to capture candid moments and turn them into pieces of art to her love of photography makes working with her a dream come true. Liz is everything you look for in a photographer; detail oriented, organized, talented, and personable. Each time we look through our wedding book or stare at the photos proudly on display in our home, we are taken on a journey of one of the best days of our life. I cannot recommend Liz enough, and to say were are over the moon with our photos and experience is an understatement.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Pilar

Pilar Veizaga · Married on 03/02/2018

Absolutely the BEST!

Liz is an amazing photographer and it was absolutely incredible to work with her and Gavin! Liz took our engagement pictures at the DC memorials and we instantly knew we could not do the rest of our journey without them! Liz and Gavin joined us for our destination wedding in Cartagena. Liz is tremendously talented, absolutely professional and a master of her profession. We were so grateful to have them capture priceless memories of the 3 days of events leading up to the our big day, and then being a constant positive light throughout the wedding day! Liz and Gavin made us feel so comfortable and were always able to offer the BEST advice- which we are still so grateful for to this day! I am blown away by the pictures every time I look at them, her ability to get to know you personally so that she can capture the intimate moments of your wedding day is extraordinary. Liz is hands down, in my opinion, the most talented photographer in the DMV- with a positive mindset and huge heart. Thank you!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Elisabeth · Married on 12/30/2017

Liz is absolutely the very best. Her photos are stunning. We truly felt that she captured our love and the joy we felt on our wedding day. Having a very small wedding, we were concerned that having a team of photographers with us might feel awkward, but this was absolutely not the case. Liz and Gavin immediately became part of the celebration--everyone from our groomsmen to our parents loved them. They put up with super cold temperatures, a behind-schedule timeline and challenges with church restrictions in shooting the ceremony, all while making us feel at ease for the photos. If we had to plan our wedding again, Liz would be the first vendor we booked all over again! We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Heather · Married on 10/14/2017

As a bride and business person I couldn’t have picked a better photographer to work with. Professionally Liz is detailed, precise, timely, and responsive; her process is organized, contracts are clear, online payments are easy to use and the picture gallery is spectacular when finished. Personally and more importantly she is so sweet and so incredibility talented. Liz was able to capture every ( and I mean every) moment of our day with spectacular detail! Her work is nothing short of AMAZING. One thing that really stood out to me was her team and the intricate role they played throughout the day. Liz is not only capturing the day’s events, but she’s keeping the timeline moving at the right pace, sometimes having to think on the fly and improvise as needed. Even when we were running behind all her experience with photographing weddings really paid off; she was so sweet and reassuring that we were OK and we would make it on time! Everyone from her team was enjoyable and professional, they made us laugh a lot! I would highly recommend Liz to any future brides and would most certainly retain her services again in the future.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Kathleen · Married on 09/22/2017

Liz and her team, Gavin and Winny, are amazing. Seriously....book Liz! You will not regret it. I did months of research including countless hours trolling instagram so I can confidently say Liz is the best out there. Her prices are competitive among the DC metro area. From beginning to end Liz was extremely professional. She is very personable and friendly which made the entire process even better. We thought out engagement photos (featured on stylemepretty) were amazing but when we got our wedding photos, we were floored. She was able to capture all the special moments of our big day with such detail and class. I could look at the photos all day every day. We would highly recommend Liz. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Elizabeth Fogarty 57
    Elizabeth Fogarty 58
    Elizabeth Fogarty 59
    Elizabeth Fogarty 60
    Elizabeth Fogarty 61

Meredith · Married on 09/09/2017

We are beyond thrilled with our choice to book Elizabeth Fogarty Photography for our wedding day! Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Liz was extremely responsive, friendly, nice, professional, and helpful. On our wedding day, both Liz and Gavin were absolutely amazing. They kept us (and our bridal party) laughing through all the photos, and they even managed to shoot the photos so quickly that we made our entire cocktail hour (which we were not expecting to do). In addition to how amazing they were on our wedding day, we could not believe that we received nearly 1,000 incredible photos in just three short weeks! The photos are absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier. Booking Elizabeth Fogarty Photography was easily one of the absolute best wedding planning decisions we made, and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! We love them!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Mana · Married on 08/26/2017

During the wedding planning process, I spent a lot of time researching different wedding photographers in the area. I can say with full confidence that Liz is quite simply the best. She is incredibly talented, detail oriented, thoughtful and a true professional. On the day of the wedding, Liz and Gavin were so pleasant to be around and such a calming force They were both incredibly respectful of moments, but somehow captured every moment from start to finish. I have been in weddings where the picture process felt stressful and long, but with them everything was so quick, seamless, and enjoyable, which really set the tone for the day. ​

When my husband and I saw our pictures (which Liz got to us so quickly), we were speechless. The pictures exceeded our expectations in every way. We set aside a Friday night to go through all of the pictures together and, admittedly, we were both in tears. She captured all of our special moments from the day, and we were able to feel and remember all of our emotions and all of our moments with our family/wedding party. We are so thankful that we will always be able to relive our wedding day through her beautiful pictures.

Also, on the wedding day, Liz/Gavin were such a help. My husband told me numerous times that Liz/Gavin were the glue for him and the groomsmen. While they took incredible pictures, they also went above and beyond by making sure to keep him on point and to have him where he needed to be, when he needed to be there, and he had a blast doing it with them.

My husband and I cannot recommend Liz and her team enough. We are so happy we got to work with them.

Sent on 09/27/2017
  • Sheariah

Sheariah · Married on 08/10/2017

Words cannot express how amazing Liz and her team, Gavin and Winny, were. They were, quite simply, the BEST. When we were photographer shopping, it was a bit daunting given how specific our taste was and trying to make sure whomever we picked matched that taste. When we came across a feature that Liz and her team had shot, we were blown away; they were EXACTLY what we were looking for and we were so excited to have found them. Liz's attention to detail and capturing the little aspects that make the day so special were exactly what we were looking for and let us tell you, she delivered in a big way. We LOVED having them shoot our wedding and would highly highly recommend them to any couple looking for the best in the business. They are well worth every penny plus more and we promise you will not only love working with them but will be in love with the beautiful images Liz captures.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2017

From day one I knew that Liz was absolutely amazing. She is beyond professional and is interested in you as a couple. We had so much fun with her and her team, they made everything feel so natural. Also, many times we forgot they were even there to capture the moment. The photographs are absolutely gorgeous and I cannot stop looking at them. Her ability to capture our love story was beyond talented. We know how much love we share but to actually visually see it from her lens is an incredible gift she has given us.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Brittany · Married on 07/08/2017

HIGHLY RECOMMEND Liz and her team! They were not only SO fun to work with but extremely professional and made our family and friends feel very comfortable! I have always admired Liz's work and was overjoyed when I saw our finished product!!! Our pictures were a dream come true :) Liz and her team's personalities make you feel like a rockstar and that you have known them for ages, we love that about them! Not to mention, they are very flexible and open to new concepts. We were shocked to have received our photos so quickly with outstanding quality. You won't be dissapointed!

Sent on 08/17/2017
  • abaum

Alexandra · Married on 05/28/2017

My husband and I knew that although we were on a tight wedding budget, we wanted to hire the best photographer we could find, because at the end of the day, the photos are what you go back to time and again to relive your magical day. The fact is, with Elizabeth Fogarty and her team, you get all the bang for your buck and then some. Hiring Liz as your photographer is one of the best investments you'll ever make, and perhaps the best one you'll make for your wedding. From day one, Liz was warm, approachable, direct, professional, and flexible with us. My husband's a videographer/video editor, and my dad's a photographer, so they were picky about photo quality when choosing whom to hire. Personality was an important factor, too, as you want someone who meshes well with your family and friends on such a special day. We video-chatted with Liz before hiring her, and not only did she know what she was talking about, but she was also very easy to talk to. On the big day, Liz, her assistant Kate, and her husband/second shooter Gavin arrived early and got started right away. Gavin bonded so well with the groomsmen that my husband still raves about how he was a "cool dude." Liz is ON IT; she didn't miss a beat, and she knew how to get the most stunning photographs within the time frame we had. We received our gallery a month after the wedding (so fast!) and we were in awe of how lovely they turned out. We had previously mentioned to Liz that my husband's uncle is sick, and were surprised to find several beautiful, candid photos of him in our photo gallery, which has made our family so happy. The bottom line: Liz Fogarty exemplifies the difference between a regular photographer and a FINE ART photographer. Her work is TIMELESS, and we're so grateful and proud to forever have our wedding photos be Liz Fogarty masterpieces! Thank you so much, Liz & team!

Sent on 07/03/2017
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 05/05/2017

There is not enough room allowed here that will allow us to express how much we LOVE Liz and Gavin - best duo EVER. We had an instant connection with them both and they made us feel super comfortable! Great personalities, wonderful images, receptive, funny, professional, understanding, helpful, adorable...we can go on and on and on. You get what you pay for and them some with their photography and if we could start over and pick our photographer, we would pick them over and over an over again! In fact, we will most likely continue to use them for all kinds of photo shoots we want to have through life : )

Sent on 07/10/2017

Tiffany · Married on 12/31/2016

Liz was far and away one of the most talented photographers that I have ever worked with. Her attention to detail, respect for moments, and her passion for her work shine in the images she captured from our wedding. She's meticulous and fun. Energetic and extremely focused. She flexible and steadfast. Working with her was a pure joy and her photos of our day were more than I could have ever hoped! I highly recommend working with her. I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 02/12/2017