Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist Reviews

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 7
  • Allison

Allison Grosenbaugh · Married on 11/03/2018

An amazing experience

Lizzy did both me and my family’s makeup for my wedding day. She is incredible at listening to what each individual desires and delivering on their vision. I felt stunning on our day and am so grateful for all that she did. My sister is incredibly difficult when it comes to her hair and both she and her assistant were so kind, patient and supportive while they made sure my sister got exactly what she envisioned. Lizzy even trimmed my mother in law’s lashes so that they fit comfortably against her glasses. We all looked like ourselves, just perfected! She is such a sweetheart and makes you feel so comfortable. I couldn’t be happier I was lucky enough to have her there for the big day.

Briana Zawistowski · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Wedding Hair & Makeup

Outatanding Job ! Lizzy and her crew went above and beyond my expectations and made me and my bridal party and family feel gorgeous from startstart to finish !

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 8
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 9
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 10
  • Kat

Kat · Married on 09/15/2018

Lizzy and her crew were absolutely amazing! I didn't do a pre-wedding trial and as a bride that definitely made me a little nervous. I gave her pictures of my hair and make-up and she did EXACTLY what the photos looked like. My bridesmaids and I kept saying how I was a Pinterest bride because she did such an amazing job. Aside from her and the other stylists amazing work, we have SO much fun. We laughed all morning which was so awesome for it being such a busy, high anxiety day. If I could do everything all over again I would choose Lizzy and her staff a million times over!

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 11

Allison · Married on 09/15/2018

Lizzy and her team did such an amazing job on the hair and make up for my bridesmaids and I at their salon on the morning of my wedding. My bridesmaids have been in many weddings and they all thought their hair and make up was on another level of quality! All the girls hair and makeup looked gorgeous and lasted the whole day and night. The hairstyles all looked just like the pictures we showed the team-but even better! My photographer couldn't stop raving about how when hair is done at the salon, it makes a big difference in pictures. The atmosphere was very fun yet relaxing. They let us bring in breakfast and play our own music.
    The salon itself is beautiful, and a great backdrop for getting ready pictures.

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 12
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 13
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 14
  • Zoe

Zoe · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing experience with Salon Elizabeth!

I'm not sure if "WOW" can even cover it! I am so grateful to Salon Elizabeth for getting me ready for my wedding this past September. Not only did they do an incredible job, but their commitment to your vision is unparalleled.

I had never heard of Salon Elizabeth until I went to a bridal "trunk show" at Hotel Henry, but when I saw all of the Buffalo Spree awards Salon Elizabeth had received over the years, I knew I had to check them out (they also came highly recommended by my wedding planner). Lizzy, the owner, was so sweet and accommodating in all of our email correspondence - she managed to squeeze in both makeup AND hair trials for my maid of honor, my mom, and I during their busiest season (my maid of honor lives out of town so this was extremely appreciated). It put my mind at ease to do a trial run, but I definitely could've just gone in the day of and trusted Salon Elizabeth to capture what I wanted to a tee! Jodi, who did my trial run and day-of hair, is a very talented hair stylist (and also so sweet, as is the norm at Salon Elizabeth) and captured exactly what I wanted for my special day. It was very "me," and I couldn't be more thankful. I really liked that she suggested certain things to do (during the trial, she suggested placing some flowers in my hair - I ended up doing this for my wedding and it looked amazing). Lizzy as well is a very talented makeup artist. I don't typically wear much makeup, so I consulted with Lizzy and told her I was a little worried that having my makeup done would make me look crazy (I've seen some scary wedding makeup). She definitely listened, understood exactly what I meant, and gave me just a very fresh, natural, slightly "glowed up" look. My now husband told me that the day of, he was so happy that I looked like myself (as was I, haha).
    Lizzy, Jodi and the rest of the Salon Elizabeth ladies came out to Knox Farm on my wedding day to do 5 makeups and 6 hairs for my bridal party. It was a HOT DAY but wow, they worked so hard and did a heck of an amazing job on us. Everyone was so happy with how everything turned out, including me! I HIGHLY recommend Salon Elizabeth! Thank you Lizzy, Jodi, and the rest of the Salon Elizabeth ladies for making me feel my best on my special day :)

(Should I also mention that I could live at their salon? It is GORGEOUS. )
    *I don't have pictures yet but will post when I do!!

Michelle · Married on 08/11/2018

I booked Liz and her team for my wedding two weeks ago to do hair and makeup. I can't say enough kind words about how professional, kind, and amazing they are!!! Her team came to the hotel i was staying at and really made my morning perfect. My girls and I all looked AMAZING and we received so many compliments. They listened to what each of us wanted and then conceptualized it perfectly. I definitely recommend Liz and her team to everyone!

Caitlin · Married on 08/11/2018

Lizzy and her assistant did the hair for myself and bridesmaids on location for my wedding. All the hair styles were more beautiful than the sample pictures we provided! Both Lizzy and her assistant were very personable and wonderful to work with. Highly recommend this salon for your big day!

Maria · Married on 08/08/2018

My wedding was a low-key affair with 12 guests. Lizzy and Jocelyn did hair and makeup for my mom and I and we couldn't have been happier with our results. We both felt beautiful without feeling overdone, which was exactly what we were hoping for! The relaxed and fun atmosphere in the salon was the perfect start to my wedding day. I can't thank Salon Elizabeth enough for their professionalism, patience, and high quality services. They are the best in the business. Do not hesitate to book your wedding services with them!

Molly · Married on 08/03/2018

I can't say enough about Elizabeth and her amazing team. From answering questions, to the trial, to the day of experience they make you feel like you are their only client. I had Salon Elizabeth come to my hotel room for hair and make-up for myself, my 5 bridesmaids, mother, and mother in law for my wedding day. They worked with all the ladies to find the styles that worked best for them. When they needed a smaller barrel iron for my MIL hair there was no hesitation to go out and buy one. They wanted everyone to feel and look beautiful. Everyone loved their hair and make-up! They truly are the best and I can't thank them enough for making me and my ladies feel so beautiful on my wedding day.

Angela · Married on 07/27/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Liz and her team! I had a very big bridal party and they showed up that day to our hotel with smiles on their face and got everyone through everyone seamlessly. All the girls hair and makeup looked absolutely fabulous. I even have difficult hair so I was worried picking the right salon for the day but Liz made me feel so beautiful and made me look like I had the thickest and most beautiful hair on the wedding day and the makeup was spot on! Everything from the trial in her beautiful salon (and using her accessories vault) to everything they did the day of the wedding I would highly recommend Liz and her team!! My friends and I will be back in her salon for those gel pedis!

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 15
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 16
  • W

Wendy · Married on 07/20/2018

This will be a little bit of a biased review because Liz has been my stylist for over 10 years now. BUT, this review is about her bridal services in particular. I was pretty excited for her to take care of my bridal needs when it was my turn to be the bride. I’ve seen her work for years and was so excited that I was going to have that experience. I had a general idea of what I wanted to do. I even used one of the pictures she posted of her work as an example. Obviously, she’s gotten to know me over the years, so she knew exactly what would look good on me. The thing with her, is you don’t really have to know her for several years in order for her to get a good sense of what you want and what will fit your personality. She really takes the time to listen to and get to know her clients before making recommendations. She will make you look spectacular without making you look like a Glamour Shot (unless that’s what you want!). And she has a knack for putting you at ease as soon as you start working with her. I’ve read other reviews from people who may not frequent any salons who were intimidated by trying to find a place for their special day. And as soon as they met Liz their concerns were eased because she is open and down to earth and very easy to work with. She also has an assistant, Jocelyn, who has been with her for a few months. Jocelyn did my mother’s hair and she looked great. Jocelyn was patient with her and listened to her feedback. She has been a great addition to Liz’s team! If you’re in the market for bridal hair/makeup, start by checking out Liz’s portfolio. It is extensive and amazing! After a conversation with her, you’ll realize that she is the best at what she does and you will love working with her!

Vanessa · Married on 07/14/2018

Salon Elizabeth was truly amazing! Lizzy and her team are the best! From initial consult to trial to wedding day - all was flawless. Lizzy listened and created my vision - she is truly an artist. The salon is modern, beautiful and clean with a vintage vibe. We had a group of 16 including 5 flower girls- they accommodated us all. We spent the morning getting ready at the salon - the atmosphere and attitude was positive, calming and fun - a true reflection of Lizzy and her business! Everyone was happy and I am forever grateful!

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 17
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 18
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 19
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 20

Jessica · Married on 06/29/2018

Every element of my wedding experience with Salon Elizabeth was absolute perfection.

The salon is honestly one of the most beautiful spaces I have ever been in! All the decor is so unique and elegant. My grandma has issues with asthma, but the ventilation was top of the line and she didn’t cough once, through nail polish, airbrush makeup or hairspray! The bridal suite is beautiful and also allowed us a space to have some snacks and mimosa station!!

Lizzy and her team are some of the nicest and most professional people I’ve ever met! They somehow strike the perfect balance of feeling like a lifetime friend yet providing amazing services! All of our hair, makeup and nails were stunning!!

I can go on and on, but I think this review is already long enough! I will do my best to convince every future bride I know to book salon Elizabeth for their wedding morning, I could not think of a better way to start the most important day of my life!

Kathryn · Married on 06/10/2018

I could not have asked for more! Lizzy did my hair and makeup for my Sunday wedding (even though she's closed on Sunday) and it was absolutely amazing. In the lead up to the wedding she was quick with communication and so kind- I'm always worried that hair and makeup people are going to judge me because it's not my thing, but it seems like there is not an ounce of judgment in her body! I don't live in Buffalo, so I decided not to do a trial. So many people told me this was a horrible idea, and maybe it would be with some MUA's, but not Lizzy. She took exactly what I asked for and offered suggestions to make it even better. She didn't bat an eye when I said I didn't want to wear any lip color and what she did to my hair was beyond even my Pinterest dreams. If you are thinking about booking Lizzy, stop hesitating and just do it!

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 21

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2018

Lizzy is amazing! She did both my hair and makeup for my wedding in May. I was so nervous when I went in for a trial, but she knew exactly how to make me feel great! Everything came out wonderful and she put me at ease. She even was able to accommodate a blow-out for my mom the morning of my wedding with very little notice. She is the best! You will not regret booking her!

Tracy · Married on 04/21/2018

Lizzy and her team along with her salon are absolutely amazing! Salon Elizabeth was a great place to get ready and provided a beautiful opportunity for pictures. Lizzy did a great job on my hair and makeup and was able to create the exact look that I had imagined for my wedding day. She was friendly and very accommodating. My friends and family were also very happy with their hair and makeup. I would highly recommend Lizzy and her team to any bride and I look forward to going back to Salon Elizabeth for future updos and makeup needs!

• Jenessa

Jenessa · Married on 04/07/2018

I chose Lizzy to do my bridal hair and make up after reading all of the glowing reviews of her salon and provided services. Lizzy was professional, prompt, and informative during our email exchanges and trial. On the day of my wedding, Lizzy and her associate acted as a calming force. They were on time and efficient (so much so that they finished the services I requested ahead of schedule) and put me at ease like we were a bunch of old friends catching up and sharing a few laughs together. When Lizzy finished working her magic and I looked in the mirror, I felt the most beautiful I have ever felt in my entire life. I am so happy that I chose Salon Elizabeth for my special day!

Kristen · Married on 03/31/2018

Salon Elizabeth provided make up services for my wedding this past March and I could not have been happier! The salon was highly recommended to me by my husband, Andy Buscemi, who is a local wedding photographer and has worked alongside Lizzy Dugan and her incredible staff at many weddings. I initially met Lizzy for my make up trial in her gorgeous salon located just south of Buffalo, and she perfectly recreated the same stunning look on my wedding day a few months later! Lizzy and her staff were timely and incredibly kind, patient and accommodating in terms of creating the make up look that my wedding party and I desired. Thank you, Salon Elizabeth for your talent and for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. -Kristen Buscemi

Kate · Married on 12/31/2017

After hearing about the amazingness that comes out of Salon Elizabeth and months of checking out photos of clients, I decided to book appointments with Lizzy and her team for my New Year's Eve '17 wedding.

During my trial, I immediately knew I made the right decision. All I brought with me was a tiny photo of the type of hair style I liked and Lizzy just got it. We built my entire hair and makeup style around that tiny photo.

The day of our wedding, Lizzy and her team were all business. They arrived at the hotel suite early, prepared with all of their beautifying tools and got to work. I was amazed that they were able to complete hair and makeup for 6 bridesmaids, me, my mom and flower girl in just a few short hours! Everyone looked spectacular with the styles that they wanted, and the best part - hair and make up stayed ALL NIGHT LONG!

It's clear that Lizzy loves making people feel their absolute best, regardless of what the occasion is. I enjoy her work so much that I'm a regular client! Relaxing at Salon Elizabeth is now one of my new favorite things. I highly recommend Lizzy and her fabulous, talented team for any special event!

Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 22
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 23
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 24
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 25
    Elizabeth Dugan Hairstylist and Makeup Artist 26

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2017

Salon Elizabeth is a hidden gem! Beautiful salon and great people. I had my trial here first, and they did an amazing job. I was uncertain of what I wanted for my wedding hairstyle but they gave me some suggestions, starting curling and pinning and it came out like a Pinterest picture! They even had the perfect hair piece to complete the look. It was more than I could ask for- the makeup was flawless, and eyelashes lasted all night. No scary makeup runs with tears either! My bridesmaids had their hair done as well- and everyone looked absolutely amazing. We used the beautiful bridal suite as well for "getting ready photos" and I can't wait to see how the pictures came out. If you're lucky you might meet Ruby - Elizabeth's mastiff and she is so much fun! Our bridal party absolutely loves dogs so it was a great time to relax and have fun before the party started. Highly recommend!

• shanns934

Shannon · Married on 10/28/2017

Lizzy and the ladies of Salon Elizabeth are truly exceptional and a cut above the rest. Lizzy and her crew are all very professional and accommodating. I had my hair & makeup trial with Lizzy several months before my wedding and by the time the day rolled around, I had completely changed my mind about what I wanted; she had no issues taking and working with my new requests to give me exactly what I wanted. We all had a great time the morning of my wedding, listening to music, munching on snacks and drinking mimosas (us, not them). They were efficient and what they did with mine and my girls' hair and makeup can only be described as magic! We all looked stunning (not to brag) and my only regret is that I will never look that good again! Lizzy is worth every penny and if you're considering anyone other than Salon Elizabeth--just don't.

Samantha · Married on 10/27/2017

I am going to keep this short and simple. Lizzy and her girls are beyond fantastic. I am so glad I booked them for my wedding. The salon was beautiful and the perfect atmosphere to start my wedding day off. All 3 ladies made myself and my group feel beautiful and relaxed. I seriously could not have asked for anything better!

• MrsOtoBe

Heather · Married on 10/21/2017

Everyone at Salon Elizabeth was INCREDIBLE! They were very responsive with all my questions and concerns. They travel to you or you can get ready at their salon which is gorgeous. They came to my home but after seeing the salon at my trial I almost changed all my plans! On the wedding day they showed up on time, were professional and personable and had all of us ready to go ahead of schedule! I can’t recommend them enough!

Christine · Married on 10/14/2017

Salon Elizabeth provided wonderful, professional service for my wedding two weeks ago. Laurie did my hair and makeup trial in June, and was very open to everything I wanted for my wedding day image. The day of the wedding, Laurie did hair and makeup for myself and a few of my bridesmaids, coming to the Adam's Mark to help us get ready right in our hotel suite. She spent all morning (about 4 hours) with us, and she even gave suggestions and help to my bridesmaids who did not choose to get their hair and makeup done. I was very happy with how my hair and makeup looked all day and night, my hair holding all night long, and the makeup staying despite it being a warm day. The makeup looked very natural, even with fake eyelashes. I would recommend Salon Elizabeth to anyone getting married!