Elite Entertainment Reviews

121 | San Jose, CA

121 Reviews for Elite Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Ross Hartman as the DJ for my wedding in mid-July. Ross is extremely professional, very reliable and punctual, very detail oriented, has an amazing knowledge of music, and has excellent anouncement skills. I can't imagine having anyone else DJ my wedding!

I wanted a very specific type of music for my wedding. The theme was 1920's/1930's vintage so I wanted a very specific selection of music played as my guests were arriving to set the tone, then playing during the cocktail hour and during dinner to set the 'atmosphere.' Ross was AMAZING. I was very impressed! I had at least half of my guests (of a 175 guest wedding) rave about how amazing the music was. Not only is Ross fantastic at music selection to get the perfect "atmosphere" at your wedding, but he is also a superb announcer. My officiant was a close friend and had never "officiated" before, so I relied heavily on Ross to keep my guests well informed of the events of the day and to keep my day moving/flowing seemlessly. He did a fantastic job. I requested many announcements throughout the day from getting people settled for the ceremony, to announcing cocktail hour, family photos, the grand entrance, dinner, toasts, first dance, and cake cutting.

When I first started planning for my wedding I thought I didn't need a DJ. I came full circle and realized what an important role the DJ plays in the overall flow of the wedding. I highly recommend Ross as a DJ. He arrived early, set up quickly, did an outstanding job in the music selection and announcements, was very friendly to my guests (very important!), was very professional and prepared. Do yourself a favor and let the professionals handle the music! You'll be so happy you did!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/30/2012

These guys are amazing! We had them for our wedding Reception and let me tell ya - They know their stuff and know what to do. They take care of everything and make sure to follow what you want. They have perfect attention to detail, will always ask for your opinion or what you would like, and they make your night the best one there is! You couldn't ask for a better dj then Elite!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Lorena · Married on 10/13/2012

We could have not found a better DJ than Robey! After a terrible experience with another DJ, it was so refreshing to find someone as professional and talented as Robey! Robey was a delight to work with. He was extremely professional throughout the night-- all while playing all of our favorite music. Our music selection consisted of a wide array of genres (Spanish rock, Jazz, R&B, easy listening, salsa, bachata, pop, and hip hop). We met with Robey before the wedding day, and he patiently listened to all of our wedding music requests and gave us suggestions along the way. We discussed different playlists for cocktail hour music, reception music, first dance music and dance party music. We loved every single minute of our reception and we have Robey to thank for that!

Sent on 10/27/2012

Tam · Married on 10/06/2012

Some facts:
    - Got married 10/6/12
    - Turner was our dj
    - Turner is awesome

I agree with all the other reviews in saying that Turner (and Elite Entertainment as a whole) did everything in his power to make sure our wedding went smoothly. Not only did he manage to keep people of all age ranges on the dance floor - at the same time mind you - but he also kept the wedding running smoothly from an operational perspective: letting us know where we were on time when doing table visits, mc'ing, getting us to the cake to cut it, and effectively ending the wedding on a high note.

Now that's all fine and good from a groom's perspective, but what really matters is what the guests think. Sometimes.... right? Unsolicited, I received many texts the next morning that read something like this:

1. OMG BEST DJ EVARRRRRR
    2. dude, your dj was awesome
    3. dj rocked!

And so forth.

Additionally, Turner has apparently done many of these wedding gigs, as it's his job and all, and other vendors - when they found out he was our dj - mentioned how great he was and showered kudos upon him.

If you need anymore arm twisting to hire Turner, and Elite Entertainment, here goes - One of my friends, not from CA, and also not engaged, went up to Turner during the middle of the night to ask for his card. Why? So if she ever got engaged, she could hire him for her wedding - in CA or not.

Sent on 10/28/2012

Elisabeth · Married on 08/05/2012

Tony was our DJ and he was fantastic at our wedding. He is such a friendly and positive person, and it comes through in the way that he deals with his customers and his positive attitude during the reception. He had great suggestions in terms of what to play during the cocktail hour, and gave great advise for things that I was unsure about.
    My new husband and I were also going back and forth over some of the designated songs, and he was so flexible and patient about that. In fact, there was this one song my husband wanted to hear, and during our pre-event meeting I told Tony about it, but the problem was there was no clean version of it available. I am pretty sure that he made a clean version himself, or looked really hard online to find one (because we sure couldn't) and it was a pleasant surprise to hear it at the wedding.
    Bottom line, this company is easy to work with, reliable, and clearly has a great DJ. I highly recommend Tony, he is a great guy and great at his job!

Sent on 08/22/2012

This was the feedback we gave our wonderful DJ for our wedding:

Dear DJ Paul,

I will post my feedback publicly, but we wish to personally thank you for the above-and-beyond services that you provided on our wedding day!! If it weren't for your taking initiative to rectify the many setbacks in our timeline and to do so in such a classy, calm, friendly manner, I'm afraid the whole thing would have gone mayhem! I knew we'd need the additional help that Elite Entertainment offers, being that we had no wedding coordinator and our caterer had little experience with weddings and none at Hakone, but you definitely exceeded our expectations! I remember seeing the caterer freak out about the timeline and feeling at a loss about what to do, but you totally stepped in with a calmness and leadership that made me feel confident again that everything would be fine. I can't tell you how much we appreciated this!! Also, you came to the rescue ensuring that our toast-givers had their champagne glasses at hand and that we had what we needed to cut our cake. Alex and I blanked out at first with the cake-cutting and not really knowing what we were doing - and you took care of it so graciously. We had many compliments about you and our guests seemed to be having a such a great time out on the dance floor, thanks to you! I heard that my niece was quite entertained with your DJ'ing as well, and I'm so grateful for that, as she is so special to me!! I am sure that there is so much more that went unnoticed by us that you did in the hurried craziness of a day that it was for us, and for all of that we are super grateful as well. I am so SO (so so) glad that we chose YOU to DJ our special day!! I will definitely and happily share my enthusiasm for your services with the web and with anyone I know who's looking for the perfect DJ.

Thanks again,

Sent on 07/31/2012

Brian · Married on 07/15/2012

Our wedding photographer probably said it best when she said that our reception was an "epic dance part," which of course would not have happened without Ross. A great DJ from a great company. Guests are still talking about how fun the wedding was, all thanks to Ross.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Bethany · Married on 07/07/2012

Turner was the DJ for our wedding and he did a fabulous job. He is attentive and a good communicator, exactly what we wanted from the person responsible for keeping the pace of the reception running smoothly. Overall, we had a very positive experience and would most definitely hire Turner again. Elite Entertainment's open air photo booth was a great value and addition to our event as well.

Sent on 07/13/2012
  • I

Irene · Married on 06/29/2012

My now husband and I got married in Mountain View this last June and were really fortunate to have Tony Villalobos as our DJ. We were looking for a DJ who was bilingual in Spanish, well spoken, creative, and could make our vision into reality - and he did! Also, my husband and I are a young couple and were looking for a DJ who could relate to us and the same energy we have when it comes to music. A few days prior to our event, Tony met with the groom and I to go over our music selection, add suggestions of awesome mixes that our guests may like (really great ones by the way), and finalize the day of time line with us. As for the day of, Tony was a rockstar! He communicated with the wedding coordinator, photographers, and everyone else to make sure everything was on point.... There were a few inevitable events that couldn't be controlled & threw us off task a bit but Tony got the groom & I to get the show back on the road and everything went beautifully.

If you need an amazing DJ who is lively, creative, bilingual, and organized -- DJ Tony Villalobos is the one for you!

Thank you again Tony for your spectacular work and help to make my wedding day go perfect, you are the best!

- The Garivays

Sent on 07/06/2012

Samantha · Married on 06/23/2012

My now-husband and I were fortunate enough to have DJ Turner as our DJ/MC for our wedding just a few weeks ago, and we could not have chosen a better DJ for our event! When we first met with Turner, we knew he would be perfect for the job. We were looking for a DJ that was energetic and fun, yet someone who wouldn't steal the show. Someone who would know when to liven up the crowd with what music, and someone who would also be organized enough to run the events according to plan. Turner could not have been any better! He was very professional throughout all of our correspondences, and his response time was incredible. He never left one detail hanging and made sure that he went through everything with us long before the wedding so that we could relax, feeling confident that he knew what he was doing and how we wanted it personalized for our wedding. There were several last-minute changes in our wedding (especially in our bridal party!), and Turner was all over those. We also had a lot of personalization for our wedding - for example, instead of a traditional father/daughter dance, my father and I put together a 14-track medley of various songs. Turner sat down with us for about three hours several weeks before the wedding to go through each song with us, determine what part of the song we wanted in the medley, figure out how we wanted them to fade in and out of each other...and it turned out perfectly!! Throughout the night, we got dozens of compliments on how great the music the DJ was playing was and what a great character Turner was - he was smooth, professional, organized, and a total blast!

Honestly, there are so many things that could go wrong on your wedding day that are out of your control, yet choosing your DJ is in your control. Go with Elite, and you won't have any regrets - in fact, you'll be looking for another chance to host a huge event simply so that you can have Elite on the job once again! Thank you so much, Turner - our day wouldn't have been the same without you.

Sent on 07/07/2012

Gabriela · Married on 06/23/2012

Working with Elite Entertainment was truly a pleasure. From the beginning to end, the entire process was extremely easy. Turner was our initial contact and never gave up on us. His responsiveness and unending follow-up made him them the clear choice.

We were then working with Robey, who selected the right DJ for us after getting to know what style of music we were looking into having played at our wedding.

Robey selected Kevin for our special day. When I met with Kevin, he was a young guy that I wouldn't have expected to know the music of someone our age. He did have a lot of background, he had a wide array of music knowledge and he matched us perfectly.

Kevin was punctual and responsive. He was very hard working and our reception was really great. We had so much fun.

I would recommend Elite Entertainment to everyone everywhere. Use them, they're the best.

They help you at every step and the prices are reasonable and they never recommend something you do not need.

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • W

william · Married on 06/22/2012

excellent job from planning to incorperating our songs to just generally creating a great vibe to dance to !! Highly recommend !!kevin was great !

Sent on 07/03/2012

Adrianna · Married on 05/26/2012

I had the absolute pleasure of having Aaron DJ my wedding. I cannot say enough great things about him. First off, he was very responsive to all my emails, we had a few phone conversations since I was planning my wedding from out of state, and was great to work with. On our wedding day, he kept the reception running smoothly and flawlessly. Many of my guests even commented on how smoothly the reception went. He played great music and has a terrific MC voice. He even announced and honored all of our military guests (since I had a military wedding) in honor of Memorial weekend which I thought was very respectful and sweet. Thank you for doing that. I would highly reccomend Elite Entertainment, ESPECIALLY Aaron to DJ your event!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Jenny · Married on 05/19/2012

DJ Ross was phenomenal!!! Everything from grand entrance, to toasts, to first dance, games, slideshow, and etc went smoothly. We had a small technical issue with the projector, but it was quickly fixed. DJ Ross also took over a huge role in directing each table to buffet dinner. The uplights color and settings were perfect. Even though guests started to leave around 10:30pm, DJ Ross stayed til the very end of the service, which showed us his great commitment. We couldn't be happier with Elite Entertainment as our DJ. THANK YOU.

Sent on 05/22/2012

Kevin · Married on 04/29/2012

My wife and I were married at Cinnabar Hills Golf Club back on April 29th and were fortunate to have Robey Saylors from Elite Entertainment as our DJ. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, and we recommend him highly for any couple looking for a fun, professional, and experienced DJ.

As Cristina and I began planning our wedding, one of our most important tasks was choosing the right DJ. This is definitely a big issue for many couples given that a DJ can do a lot to either enhance or diminish the wedding experience. We read a number of online reviews for different companies and met personally with a few DJ’s during our search. In the end we chose Elite Entertainment based on a combination of competitive pricing, their professionalism, and our initial meeting with Robey which needless to say was fun and informative. Even though we hadn’t committed to Elite yet in our initial Q&A session Robey made us feel comfortable and patiently answered all of our questions. He offered some great advice even knowing we could easily turn around and go with another company.

Once we decided to go with Elite, Robey provided a thorough questionnaire form that really helped us plan our wedding day and list out some of the music that we wanted to have played. One thing we appreciated about Robey, besides his amazing breadth of music knowledge, was his easy going nature and willingness to work to accommodate some of our special requests - he didn’t try to steer us towards certain music or a certain style of reception. He was also accommodating to some of our last minute requests including trying to find a particular Filipino song that my wife wanted for our last dance as well as talking with my Dad about playing various Persian songs (he managed to mix those into the reception flawlessly).

During the wedding & reception Robey was great at keeping the reception flow going and providing some funny commentary during special moments such as toasts, cake cutting, and an anniversary dance that we planned. He kept us informed on how things were going schedule-wise and even was able to react quickly and play our last song when it was apparent that things were wrapping up a bit early.

Definitely consider checking out Elite Entertainment and at least talking with Robey when you are looking at DJ’s.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Marlene · Married on 04/28/2012

The one thing I cared most about at my reception was a dance floor full of guests and excellent music. Robey from Elite Entertainment made sure this happened. I was pretty picky about what would be played, and he was accepting and inviting of my requests. The pre-dancing music was exactly what I asked for, and we danced all night. Robey also did an excellent job of keeping the pace of the wedding going, always checking with my husband and I to see if we were ready for the next thing (first dance, cake cutting, etc.). I can't say enough good things about my experience with Robey and Elite Entertainment.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Amber · Married on 03/31/2012

Our Dj Ross was absolutely amazing, played every song I picked out, kept the wedding going and just made it a fun day!

Sent on 04/12/2012

Sharie · Married on 03/09/2012

Me and my husband were extremely pleased with the services that were provided with Elite Entertainment. I couldnt have had a better time the night of my wedding. The music was excellent and we were very happy!!!! Thank you Tony V. for making our night special.

Sent on 03/13/2012

Emily · Married on 09/03/2011

We interviewed 3 DJs: Turner Hayes of Elite Entertainment, Ron Grandia (too pricey and sale-sy) and a friend's referral with Aim 2 Pleez (slow to respond), we gave the business to Elite Entertainment. Turner was professional, had a radio voice, presence, and was very pleasant to work with. He was also honest. For our date and hours needed, it was about $1200.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Sade · Married on 04/16/2011

We used DJ Turner from Elite Entertainment for our wedding. He was friendly and flexible from day one when we met with him about 18 months before our wedding. I love that he offered to help as an extra hand should we need help on the wedding day moving things our getting things settled at the wedding site. He was extremely professional and made sure the day flowed smoothly.

He made sure to note things that were important to my husband and I and announced them as the day progressed t o our guests. People are still talking about our wedding as one of the best the have been to. The music was great and the flow was amazing. Everything that the guests needed to know was announced to them at the right time.

We had such an awesome time at our wedding1 It was the best wedding I have ever attended. The music and timing was well planned and executed! I also loved the fact that Turner seemed like he was having a great time at the wedding. He was dancing at his DJ booth and that made my Husband and I smile! We absolutely love it and felt accomplished that even our DJ who is responsible for making people dance was also getting down and having fun!!

And how can I forget the amazing pictures he took of all the details from the wedding and the CD he gave to us at the end of the night of all the songs played! Awesomeness!! If you are in the bay area you need to hire DJ Turner of Elite Entertainment for all your DJ needs! Thank you DJ Turner!

Sent on 05/08/2011

ERIN · Married on 02/26/2011

Everyone was great to work with at Elite. We were matched with a great DJ that fit the personality of our wedding very well. I would definatly recomend them to anyone.

Sent on 03/15/2011

Danielle · Married on 02/04/2011

They did a wonderful job. They are nice and friendly!! I would so recommend them for any event! Thanks Elite Team!!

Sent on 02/19/2011

Hazel · Married on 09/05/2010

Elite rocks! They kept it LIVE at my wedding I truly had a great time at my own wedding. Aaron Dalugdug was flecible, professional and it was a pleasure dealing with them. We didnt stress with them at all.

Sent on 09/10/2010

Michelle · Married on 08/14/2010

They were able to play some cultural music and made the wedding even more personal.

Sent on 09/07/2010
  • X

Gerardo · Married on 07/10/2010

Where do I start? DJ Robey was PERFECT!! He made our wedding reception much more memorable. He has a commanding voice where people would like to listen to. He even actually planned out our wedding reception timeline. Everything was great. I only can say great things about him. If you brides (or grooms), need a great DJ, DJ ROBEY is the one you NEED to get. And Robey if you are reading this, THANK YOU for a GREAT wedding reception. It would have been dull without you as our DJ, LoL.

Sent on 07/28/2010