Elite Disc Jockeys Reviews

36 | Santa Barbara, CA

36 Reviews for Elite Disc Jockeys

36 Elite Disc Jockeys Reviews

Lindsay · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I got married in July at an estate in Santa Ynez. After reading A LOT of reviews and doing our research we hired Danny from Elite Disc Jockeys. Danny was AMAZING. He was extremely responsive, patient, helpful, and prioritized our wants/desires. I was a very hands on bride and Danny allowed me to be able to relax and not worry about any of the MC or sound logistics. Before even signing the contract Danny was willing to do a walkthrough of the venue and help us determine what equipment would be best, how we would be able to repurpose sound systems, and most importantly how we could have exactly what we wanted within our budget! Danny even spent time before our weeding to sit down with us face to face to talk about what vibe we wanted (PARTY), any must play songs, timing etc. We had an amazing dance floor/ party atmosphere at our wedding and it’s all attributed to Elite Disc Jockeys. Overall: HIGHLY recommend Elite Disc Jockeys!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Lindsay, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such an awesome review! It was such a pleasure to work with you, Ben and your family & friends! You all really know how to party, you all made it easy!

Muhammed · Married on 06/30/2018

Danny Vasquez was our DJ for our big night in Santa Barbara on July 1, 2018. From the first day we met to discuss his DJ services, Danny was ears wide open to listen to what we wanted for our wedding. He added his experience to the area we needed to fill in the gaps musically, and was very respectful and professional. Danny communicated the details clearly in plnning meetings and provided a great website to organize the playlist. Danny stuck to the plan we agreed on and didn’t try to take over the party with his mic and personality, which is exactly what we were worried about based on other DJs at weddings we’ve attended. This is not to say he didn’t feel out the crowd and play the right music at the right time. Danny was flawless in his transitions and song selections. We also had Danny uplighting which was very nice for our outside venue. We wouldn’t recommend anyone else for your music needs at a wedding!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Muhammed, thank you so much for your awesome review! It was an honor to work with you and Sarah, your family and friends were amazing! Loved how involved you were with your music requests.

Rhonda · Married on 06/01/2018

Danny was fantastic. Easy to work with, professional and very helpful.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you for your review Rhonda, It was such a pleasure to play for your families, they really know how to celebrate!

Christian · Married on 10/20/2017

Danny was great to work with throughout the entire pre-planning process. He was friendly, flexible and we felt he really cared about making our event a (fun) success. His website to select music was easy to use. During the event Danny was really good about keeping the energy going on the dance floor. We highly recommend using Elite Disc Jockeys!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you Christian for taking the time to leave such a great review, I really appreciate it! It was a pleasure to work with you, Jason and your family, I loved watching you all on the dance floor. All my best to you two on your new life together, Danny Vasquez

lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Danny of Elite Disc Jockey was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding. Both my husband and I are really into music and were nervous about having a DJ, but Danny made everything go smoothly. He listened to our recommendations and requests for songs, made some of his own based on what we had put together, and helped with the most epic recessional song. I plan to use them for any future events that we have. Thank you SO much Danny for making our wedding day a dream come true. The music tied the whole event together, and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you Lauren and Sam for taking the time to leave such a great review, I really appreciate it! It was a pleasure to work with you two, I loved that you we so into music details. I look forward to working with you two again! All my best, Danny Vasquez

Betsy · Married on 06/30/2017

Danny was awesome! All of our guests talked about how much they danced at our wedding - which is a huge compliment for Danny! He did a great job feeling the vibe and maintaining awesome music the whole night :). Thanks, Danny!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Betsy, thank you so much for such a great review! It was such a pleasure to work with you, Bret and your family and friends! Let's do it again on your 10th Anniversary!

Chip · Married on 05/27/2017

Danny of Elite Disc Jockeys was a wonderful wedding DJ. He's very professional, easy to communicate with and knows how to keep a crowd dancing all night. From our first phone call with him, we knew he was the DJ for our wedding. His website is super easy to use for music suggestions/requests and he has a huge database of music. Our wedding was a ton of fun and a big reason is because Danny kept the party going on the dance floor. It was packed the entire time. He also did audio for our ceremony, which was great and because he mixed the ceremony audio on his iPad, there was no equipment in the way of the photos for the ceremony. We also really really liked that he wasn't cheesy and did an excellent job as an MC of the wedding as well. We were so happy to work with Danny and would recommend him to anyone needing a DJ.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Chip and Ashley, Thank you for the kinds words, I really appreciate your praise and you taking the time to leave such a great review! You two and your family were so awesome to work with and I loved that you wanted to be so involved in all your music choices. Let's do it again next year! All the best to you two, Danny Vasquez

Allegra · Married on 05/20/2017

Danny is THE BEST. Music was so important to us, so being able to feel like we could collaborate with our DJ was crucial! He made himself available to us to discuss the mood and feel we wanted from the dinner to the last song. I dont think I left the dance floor once. We truly enjoyed every second with him!

Sent on 06/24/2017

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you for your praise Allegra! You and Kevin were such a pleasure to work with, I had so much fun at your wedding reception! I wish you two all the best.

Jack · Married on 03/18/2017

Danny was fantastic. My wife and I had a lot of opinions on what we wanted to hear during the ceremony and cocktail hour and especially on what we wanted to dance to during the reception, and Danny was as accommodating as possible. He did some great edits of songs for some our entrance music, and his online portal was a great touch for communicating with him as well as for picking music we wanted to hear (or not hear!). Our guests had a great time dancing, and a number of them commented on how well Danny did reading the crowd and playing just the right song at the right moment.

I would definitely work with Danny again.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Jack, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review! It was such a pleasure to work with you, Victoria and your family and friends! I would love to work with you again!

Leslie · Married on 10/01/2016

We were so happy to have Danny as our DJ for our wedding day. He was so professional and he has the wedding day down to a science! He really personalized our day exactly how we wanted it and delivered the best music! Our guests were literally on the dance floor 30 minutes past our intended end time craving more from him... He was PERFECT! He also provided the microphones and speakers for our outdoor ceremony and everyone commented how great it was to hear every detail of the ceremony <3

Sent on 11/09/2016

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Leslie, it was a pleasure to work with you, Matt and your family. We wish you all the best in your marriage!

Danny was wonderful! It was an absolute pleasure working with him -- he was professional, helpful and timely.

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2016

Danny is the BEST!! We didn't talk to any other DJs after our initial phone call with Danny. He was incredibly helpful, professional, and kind during the whole planning process. I was planning my wedding from a distance so I was very grateful Danny was so accommodating when it came to working with my schedule. He made sure to be available when I was in town and worked with me to set up phone meetings when I was unable to meet in person. He provided me with a lot of advice and input as far as music and even with layout/event flow during the site visit. It was comforting to have someone so experienced because my wedding was the first event I have every planned. When it came to most of the music all I had to say was "I trust you." My guests had so much fun dancing the night away! Danny really knows how to read a crowd. He also was able to make the processional song longer to ensure all the wedding party was able to make it down the aisle before the song ended. Overall, we are so happy we decided to book Danny and highly recommend him for anyone planning a special event.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review Samantha! It was such a pleasure to to work with you, Andrew and your family!
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2016

Danny Vasquez of Elite Disc Jockeys was our wedding ceremony and reception DJ and I would highly recommend him to anyone in the greater Santa Barbara area looking for an event DJ! He was referred to us by a friend so I was initially biased when talking to other local DJ’s. However, after a few phone screens it was apparent that Danny at Elite Disc Jockeys was hands-down the best choice beyond referral. Our phone conversations with him from the start were exciting, filled with collaboration between the both of us. Every time my husband and I had an idea for a song, we emailed it to Danny for advice and he always responded promptly. We wanted to walk down the aisle to violin-covers of rap songs and we could only find them on YouTube, but this was no issue at all for Danny. He found the exact versions we wanted and created perfectly sound audio files from them (now my Mom wants to listen to ‘Still D.R.E.’ violin-covers cause Danny made it sound so beautiful!). We also had several homemade audio tracks that our friends had recorded that we wanted to be used intermittently throughout the night. He not only mastered the tracks to make them sound as clean as possible, he found ways to sneak the songs in between modern music and made the surprise all the more exciting. Danny MC’ed our entire event flawlessly, remembering little touches that we spoke about here and there, and with complete professionalism. I can’t wait to tell everyone I know looking for a DJ in SB about Danny, and look forward to dancing the night away to his amazing DJ skills again.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Courtney, thank you so much for your praise and great review! It was so much fun playing for you, Josh and your family!

Danielle · Married on 06/04/2016

We loved Danny!! We spoke with a handful of other DJ’s prior to booking, but we liked the energy he brought to the conversation and instantly picked him. He understood that every wedding is as unique as the couple; he worked with us to ensure that the music and flow fit the overall vibe we were going for, and also kept guests going all night. More than that, Danny went above and beyond working with the vendors and our planner to ensure the entire wedding day went smoothly, including helping our family members get around the wedding site (he saved the day for Grandma!). We are thrilled with our choice in Danny and cannot say enough good things about him – we highly recommend him!!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you Danielle for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a special review. It was a pleasure to work with you, Patrick and your family. We wish you all the best in your marriage!

I am confident if you choose to work with Danny you will be happy you did. We had an all around excellent experience. Leading up to the event, our interactions were low touch, yet productive. Danny communicated clearly about what was happening and would be needed from us. He also had good suggestions for order of events and how to make the event flow smoothly. On the day of the event Danny was entirely self sufficient in getting everything setup. During the event Danny was perfect - kept things going, read the crowd perfectly and overall nailed it. Elite Disk Jockeys / Danny = no risk.

• User6202087 · 2+ years ago

Danny DJ'd for our wedding and it was all perfect. His website beforehand where we could pick all of the photos was so easy to use and ensured we had all the songs we wanted played. At the event Danny was the best. He got everyone up and dancing and created a great feeling and mood for the whole night. I highly recommend him for any event.

Taylor · Married on 10/17/2015

Danny was FANTASTIC! All of the communication prior to our wedding was incredibly quick, and he has fantastic taste in music! He is also very reasonably priced, and offers five star service. I also really love that he posts pictures from his weddings on Instagram... You can tell that he is really passionate about his job! The website form for building your wedding music is so easy to use and helpful, and there is no song he can't get! He did a wonderful job from the ceremony all the way through the end of the night--truly a seamless job. He read the crowd very well and made sure to balance what we requested with what was ultimately keeping everyone on the dance floor. Our guests all had a fabulous time, and we really could have partied for another few hours with the great music Danny played. I 100% recommend Elite Disc Jockeys :)

Sent on 11/04/2015

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your special day! I really appreciate your awesome review, this is so sweet of you! I had so much fun playing for you, your friends and family! I loved the energy from your friends and family, I especially loved watching you two on your first dance and exchanging vows at the ceremony. I wish you two all the best and many years of love and marriage!

Brenda · Married on 10/10/2015

We hired Danny at Elite Disc Jockeys to be our DJ for our October 10th wedding in Santa Barbara and could not be happier with the service we received! Danny was such a pleasure to work with from the moment we spoke on the phone to the wedding day. He made everything so easy, responded to us very quickly when we had questions, gave us lots of ideas and suggestions and is just a very friendly, easy going guy who is fun to be around. He played background music during dinner, made announcements and kept the party going on the dance floor all night. He helped make everything flow smoothly on the wedding day and we didn't have to worry about anything. He is a true professional and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!

Ryan · Married on 06/20/2015

Danny was an excellent DJ for our wedding. Very easy-going but still well organized and professional. He made sure to consult with us a few times (once over the phone and a twice in person) and was always quick to respond to any questions we had via email. He matched the vibe of the wedding perfectly with his playlists and incorporated our requests and our guests requests in a way that made everyone very happy. He was incredibly versatile with his music selection and had both young and old on the dance floor. My wife and I had an incredible wedding and Danny was a big part of making it happen...thanks Danny!

BEST. DECISION. EVER. Danny was one of the most important parts of our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I can't begin to describe how amazing his skills and services were. He was wonderful to work with, and collaborated brilliantly with our amazing coordinator. He read the crowd perfectly, and there was not one dull moment during our entire reception. He knows his stuff both artistically and technically, and was such an asset to our big day. I would recommend him to anyone.

• F

Fabi · Married on 05/23/2015

Danny exceeds ratings and expectations in all categories. Everything about our wedding was incredible and the music set the tone for each event (Ceremony, Cocktail, Reception). He was so attentive to our needs and I would recommend anyone and everyone to hire him for your next event!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and rave review! I'm so glad to hear you and Thomas liked my DJ services!

We had the pleasure of having Danny as our DJ for our wedding this past weekend. Danny was such an amazing and professional DJ! He was such a nice guy, very responsive, and very sensitive to our requests and desires for wedding music. We could not have asked for a better DJ. Danny was great at really knowing the vibe of the room and played the perfect songs for the crowd that we had. Everything was phenomenal. The ceremony set up and music, the music for dancing, the lighting, the photo booth...everything! Thank you so much for making our wedding so special. I would highly recommend Danny as a DJ for your event!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, we really appreciate your detailed review! We are so glad to hear you liked our disc jockey, photobooth and lighting services! We hope you two have a great honeymoon!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/23/2014

Elite Disc Jockeys Dj’d our wedding this past August 2014 at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum. Danny did an amazing job. He was extremely professional, and was wonderful to work with. Not to mention our dance floor was PACKED the entire night from the moment open dancing started. I would highly recommend him for your wedding or event!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you so much for the praise Whitney! It was a pleasure to play for you and Tyler's big day, you two were so fun to work with! Best wishes to you both!

Crystal · Married on 08/01/2014

Danny was so amazing!!! Everyone loved the music and it was perfect!!!
    Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Elite Disc Jockeys's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm so glad to hear you liked our disc jockey services! I hope you and Michael had a great honeymoon.

We really enjoyed working with Danny. He was really friendly and easy going right from the start. His website was great, and allowed us ( and our friends ) to log on beforehand and choose different songs for the different parts of the reception. We threw a great party and people danced the whole time.