Elite British DJ Reviews

Elite British DJ 5
Elite British DJ 6
Elite British DJ 7

Charity · Married on 12/30/2012

Mick was our DJ at our reception, and he did an awesome job keeping the energy up all night long. The room looked great with his uplighting too. Having done numerous weddings previously, he also gives you suggestions as to what works and what doesn’t. He has an online client login page where you can input your song selections. The purpose isn’t for him to play every song on the list, but to give him a general idea of what music you like. If you hire Julie (his wife) as your wedding coordinator, this is the best deal out there as there is a discount for hiring both of them. She did a great job too (see separate review for her). Plus his “knee high special” was hilarious! If you have a sense of humor then you must try this at your wedding reception.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Cassandra · Married on 12/07/2012

There is not one bad thing we could say about Mick and his service! He responds almost immediately to phone calls and emails. He is all about making you happy! He knows his job well and he is amazing at it! He has the ability to read the crowd. My dance floor was not empty once!! There were people dancing I never thought would! He also did the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour and all of that went flawlessly as well! He is professional, extremely flexible (even with our couple last minute changes), and always aims to please! I would recommend him to everyone!!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Chris · Married on 11/10/2012

I can't say enough good things about Mick. He's professional, fun, knowledgeable, and affordable. He gave us great suggestions for songs and his vast library has more than a few awesome surprises. Besides being a great DJ, he's also a fantastic emcee and will provide your reception with witty but non-cheesy or intrusive banter throughout the evening's events. Beyond everything else, he's just a good guy and my wife and I would honestly love to get a pint with him sometime down the road. Can't recommend Elite British DJ enough!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Lindsay · Married on 11/03/2012

Mick was amazing! Made the evening so great and got the entire crowd excited and dancing! People were talking to me about how great the DJ was days after... We would highly recommend his services. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Richard · Married on 10/20/2012

The Elite British DJ

This guy can really work the crowd! From a wedding planning standpoint, I found choosing the music to be very difficult. While we were able to pick some of the major dance songs, some of the other types of songs to be played were hard to choose. However, Mick with his great personality and easy going attitude was able to help us focus on types of songs that we wanted to play.

During the wedding, Mick was a master with the crowd. He had a great sound system and great lighting that we utilized which made for a wonderful design. He was great with the microphone and steered with wedding though all of the perfunctory speeches. And then when it came time to dance, he had some great mixes that he put together that had people talking about even the next day. They could not believe the songs that he wove together. Everyone of all ages was on the dance floor which was great to see. Mick did a great job of getting our feedback about the type of crowd that was going to be there etc etc. Mick really does very hard work during the beginning phase so that by the time the wedding comes around, the music that is playing is seamless and attuned to the crowd.

He was such a joy to work with and I recommend him for all of your weddings and special events. He will truly elevate your event and make it a hit.

Thanks!
    R & K
    Married Fall 2012 San Diego

Sent on 03/06/2013

Mick and Elite British DJ did an amazing job at our wedding. We had at least a dozen guests comment on how much they loved the music. Mick definitely set a high energy tone for the wedding and got everyone up and moving from the start. We will recommend Mick to all our friends.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Awesome awesome awesome! Mick set the tone for our wedding reception! Everyone from a toddler to great grandma partied like rock stars.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Lindsay · Married on 10/06/2012

Mick was awesome! He was recomended to me by a colleague and I couldn't have been happier. He listened to what we wanted and also gave us suggestions on what did and didn't work in our venue. Our dance floor was full the entire night!!

If he's available for your wedding date, BOOK HIM!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Mike & Elisa · Married on 10/05/2012

Mick was the best!, He not only was able to guide us in the right direction for the music, but also had wonderful tips to get us through the night. He had everyone on the dance floor as soon as our first dance was over. The energy he created lasted throughout the night. He was able to read the crowd from our initial description, as well as on the night of our wedding from young to old. There was not a single person that did not enjoy the music! We highly recommend Mick and Elite British DJ for your special occasion!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Mick was the DJ at our wedding one week ago. He was great and fun to work with - he has a great website for you to put in your music preferences before the wedding, and he meets with you beforehand to discuss the actual wedding day, giving you his opinion. On the day of, he was funny and entertaining without being obtrusive. It was really great working with Mick - he was very flexible and accommodating, and we really couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend Mick for any event that you may have!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Lindsey · Married on 08/31/2012

Mick was so awesome! We were very impressed with all of the pre-wedding preparations and advise. He is very thorough and our wedding was a blast! Our guests also raved about how great he was!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Glenda · Married on 08/11/2012

While at a cousin's wedding my sister called me to inform me that she took the DJ's (which was Mick's Elite British DJ) business card because he was good, she forgot to give me though. My best friend was married last year and during her process the only thing she knew for sure was that she would be using Elite British DJ. During her wedding my sister came up to me excitedly and yelled "THIS IS THE DJ THAT DID OUR COUSIN'S WEDDING - BOOK HIM NOW!!". My best friend, her brother, & my cousin strongly suggested I book him as well. Needless to say at the end of the night I approached Mick to book him for mine. I think the fact that four people who did not promote Mick to each other and promoted him to me at different times said it all.

Mick was so helpful, not only with song type selections but with everything else. He had great contacts to put me in touch with. I was especially shocked to constantly hear Mick say "remember these are my suggestions but what you guys say goes" & "don't let those other vendors tell you how it goes, it's your day you say how it goes". He also was honest about any issues he thought of, the best part is he didn't only bring things to my attention but also had a few solutions to the problem. Peter and I liked that during our night he kept us informed of any changes he was making. My husband trusted Mick's skills that at one point he asked me "why does Mick keep telling us this and that- he can just do what he wants - that's why we hired him". I replied "b/c that's Mick & he disclosed that to us he lets his clients know everything. It's a way for him to check up and make sure we are happy with him & if there's anything we wanted." Everyone had fun and enjoyed Mick at our wedding. You can't go wrong when you book him.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Madison · Married on 08/05/2012

We hired Mick for our daughter's wedding at the Admiral Kidd Club on 5 August 2012 from 6 PM until midnight. As the dad of the bride I couldn't be happier with his professionalism, advice, control of the evening and selection of songs. I recorded a song at his house for our daddy/daughter dance and it was one of the most emotional memories I will have of the wedding. Mick knows his job very well, and his experience working at the Admiral Kidd Club made our evening very special. I strongly recommend him if you need a DJ for any event.

Sent on 08/09/2012

Kathy · Married on 08/04/2012

Mick is outstanding. If you are looking for a fun wedding, he is your guy! We had 150 people and most came up to me and commented on the DJ and said how great he was. They said it was one of the best weddings they had been too. (We had alot of partiers from NJ and PA so that is quite the compliment). He got the crowd up and dancing immediately and they danced all night.

Sent on 09/08/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2012

We could not have chosen anyone better! I have attended lots of weddings and hands down Mick is the best DJ I have ever witnessed. His ability to read the crowd, his flexibility and upbeat, funny attitude really made my wedding amazing. I had full confidence that he would play all the music I enjoyed while adding in his master remixes and mash-up songs at just the right time. Not only does he DJ; his package includes a recording of the entire reception - which he then mails to you - and awesome pictures taken by him which he then posts on his blog. I heard only great comments from all my guests and I am so happy with my choice. I wouldn't have changed a thing. :)

Sent on 08/17/2012

Tammy · Married on 07/14/2012

Mick is the best. He is very professional, everything he said he would do happened, the up lighting was fantastic and loved the monogram he did on the dance floor. My husband and I (parents of the groom) hired Mick for our sons wedding. Our son and daughter in law were so pleased with Mick. All our friends and realtives told us best wedding ever, they loved how the reception moved well through out the entire evening. Mick was able to get everyone up to dance and have a lot of fun. We hired his wife Julie as our wedding coordantor and they worked so well as a team. Rick and Tammy Mathis

Sent on 07/29/2012

Gary · Married on 07/07/2012

Wow! I am the father of the bride and wanted to make sure that everyone knew what a terrific job Mick did at our reception! Simply amazing...he elevated the quality of the evening with his work. An absolute professional...my recommendation is to listen to his suggestions, let him use his keen sense of the moment and you will no doubt experience what we did...an absolute great time and wedding reception that you and your guests will say was the best ever! Thank you Mick!!!

Sent on 08/03/2012

You cannot go wrong in choosing Mick to be your DJ. Everyone loved everything he did, and were still commenting days later about all of the little things he does to make your wedding special. Our wedding was amazing, and we couldn't have asked for anything more. Our guests were saying the wedding was so much fun they would have wanted to be at the wedding even if they didn't know us!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Rachel · Married on 06/21/2012

Everything was absolutely PERFECT. We had a ton of compliments on Mick from our guests. From the ceremony, to the grand entrance, to the first dances, to the very last dance Mick was involved yet not overpowering. He had couples dancing that hadn't danced for years. We've been told our wedding was a blast and the funnest wedding people have ever been to and it would not have been that way without Mick as our DJ! Very affordable, very accommodating to busy schedules, especially military, and extremely worth it.

Sent on 07/04/2012
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/12/2012

Mick was Amazing!!! He was professional and not cheesy; and so many of our guests have commented on what an amazing job he did with our ceremony and reception. I would highly recommend him to anyone! You will be so happy with your choice.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Liza · Married on 04/21/2012

Mick was the DJ at our daughter's wedding at the US Grant on 4/21/12!! He was absolutely fabulous,and we received many comments about how great of a job he did, and how great the music was! He also provided the up lighting for the reception, and the room looked amazing! I'm secretly hoping daughter #2 wants to get married in San Diego as well, so we can book Mick (and his wife, Julie) all over again!!

Sent on 05/03/2012

Jake · Married on 01/07/2012

Mick was awesome. Fun, funny, experienced and professional. I am in the wedding business myself. I knew djs were important, but I still never really realized how involved they really were with each part of the ceremony and reception. So, believe me if you want somebody you can trust to do an awesome job, Mick is the man. And take it from me because I’ve seen a lot of djs. Thank again Mick!

Sent on 03/02/2012

Heather · Married on 12/30/2011

BEST. DJ. EVER.
    Mick is absolutely perfect! My biggest fear as a bride was having a terrible DJ...I have been to weddings before where the DJ was cheesy or obnoxious, or just didn’t know how to keep the party going, and to me, your DJ makes or breaks your event. From the very first time I spoke with Mick on the phone, I KNEW he would be our DJ as he had none of these negative characteristics. He listened to and catered to our every request, and gave his expert opinion and advice when needed (like helping us choose songs for special events). He understood our personalities and what type of wedding we were hoping to have and he gave it to us! He was so easy to work with and incredibly responsive. Our guests LOVED him...from the soundtracks he played, to his personality, to the funny spur-of-the moment (or planned) things we had going on. EVERYONE was coming up to me and telling me how awesome he was. He also sent us a DVD of pictures he and his wife, Julie (also amazing...wedding planner) took throughout the night, as well as created a slideshow for us and sent us the audio of the speeches our friends gave. Our wedding was a total party and we have Mick to thank for that!

Sent on 01/19/2012

Meryl · Married on 11/05/2011

Mick is awesome! So easy to work with and has so many great tips that will lead to such a memorable night! He kept the dance floor on FIRE!!!

Sent on 11/14/2011

David · Married on 10/30/2011

Mick sets a new standard for professionals in the entertainment industry. His attention to detail, quick responses, and warm hearted nature make him very easy and comfortable to work with. If it wasn't for Mick on the day of the wedding I am certain we would have missed out on certain aspects that we did not think to consider but he caught at the last moment like making sure we fit in our cake cutting before our photographer left :)

Thank you Mick for helping make our wedding run so smoothly!

Sent on 11/12/2011