Elite British DJ Reviews

Elite British DJ 5
Elite British DJ 6
Elite British DJ 7

Nanette · Married on 08/31/2014

Absolutely could not have been happier with Mick as the DJ at our daughter's wedding. We wanted our guests to have a good time and enjoy dancing and that is exactly what we got. I am still in shock that my 79yr old mother was up dancing most of the night and was even up at midnight for the last dance. Mick was not shy about letting us know that some of our music selections might not have worked. We ended up going with his suggestions and I have to admit that he was right. I am quite certain that we could not have chosen better.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Karina · Married on 08/31/2014

We have all been to weddings where the DJ was horrible, and it was a big fear of mine when diving into wedding planning. My mom found out about Mick and Julie (his wife who coordinated our wedding) and we were so excited to meet them! My first impression was that they were so organized, which relieved a lot of stress! Mick was already familiar with our venue which was a plus because he explained exactly where/how he would set up. We had several conversations with Mick before the wedding, all of which were great because he had so many good suggestions. He told us how he likes to set the tone of the night by starting the dancing right away! Not only was perfect, but we literally had compliments from our guests! We decided to give him a lot of freedom with the song selection as I was not sure what people would be in the mood to dance to. He definitely knows how to read the vibe of the party and keep it going! Not only did we dance until the very last song, my grandmother did too! He did such a wonderful job and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Robin · Married on 08/30/2014

We hired Mick to DJ our daughter's wedding. From our first meeting we knew he would do a great job, and he did, he was amazing! He kept the party going all night, he was very professional and knew what to play when. As an added bonus he sent us a video collage of the evening the very next day. It was a very unexpected surprise. The photos were great! I would highly recommend Mick and his wife Julie (wedding planner). They make a great team! I would give 10 stars if I could!
    Robin W.
    Mother of the bride

Sent on 11/10/2014

Jamie · Married on 08/22/2014

My husband and I recently got married at beautiful Paradise Point in San Diego CA, and hired Mick of Elite British DJ as our musical conductor for the event. During our planning process, we only met with one DJ… and that’s all we needed; there was no need to look any further. For us, the DJ was the most important aspect of our wedding as we LOVE to dance and wanted to have an epic dance party at our wedding. Mick walked us through every aspect of what to expect from a musical standpoint for our wedding, and sold us instantly. Everything from subtle cocktail hour music to an eclectic mix of dance floor jams that kept everyone loose and on their feet.

Working with Mick was very easy – his online platform for creating your ideal wedding playlist was a huge help, and he kindly offered us some excellent suggestions on ways to incorporate some added “fun” into the normal wedding traditions (i.e. bouquet/garter toss)… I would suggest asking Mick about his little garter “trick”… trust me you won’t be disappointed.

During the actual wedding, the reception was everything and more. Mick knows he knows what hes doing! He evolved into more of an MC than just your standard DJ – he expertly dictated the pace of the reception to ensure everyone was having an amazing time. It was perfect and made for a wonderful atmosphere throughout the evening. He made our wedding so memorable for not only myself and fiancé but we've heard nothing but amazing things from all our friends and family. When I said we wanted an epic dance party, he delivered!

Finally, much to our surprise, we woke a day after our wedding to a wonderful photo slideshow, put together by Mick, of images he personally took throughout the wedding. We couldn’t have been happier with Mick and the Elite British DJ experience. I would highly recommend him to anyone that will soon say their “I Do’s”.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Raj + Aman · Married on 08/07/2014

It was our pleasure to have Mick as our DJ at our wedding and reception. All of our guests had a wonderful time and he was spot on with the music. His website made it really easy for music selection. We also provided a short list of songs for him that he didn't have on his website and he was able to find all of them.. even the tough ones! Beyond that he took care of the rest of the music and his suggestions were great. Mick was absolutely effortless to work with and was able to handle our rowdy crowd with a smile! He was also amazing enough to put together a slideshow of some pictures that he took and sent it to us only a few days after the event! Would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Kristen · Married on 07/18/2014

Mick and Julie were referred to us by friends and we could not be happier with their work. It was such a pleasure working with both of them! The creative touch Mick puts towards the wedding really shows how much he loves what he does. I have had so many people tell me what a great wedding it was and how awesome the DJ/music was. The dance floor was always full! Even when we had a power outage, Mick handled it with humor and still kept the positive flow going. The next day, I received a 4 minute video of pictures they took during the wedding and it was put to our wedding song. It's really a nice touch, especially since we have to wait weeks before we get our video and pictures. You will be in such good hands with this wonderful duo. Book them!!!!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Megan · Married on 07/12/2014

Mick was an amazing DJ and not just the night of our wedding, but through all the planning of finding the perfect music for your wedding, he is the MAN!!!!! My husband and I could not have been happier with his services and Julie, his wife is a super rad wedding coordinator if your in need of one of those, which I highly recommend having one, she is PERFECT!!!! Love them both and will recommend them to anyone we come across needed their services!!!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Joanne · Married on 06/14/2014

Mick was really great to work with from the first phone calls to the big day. We planned our wedding from out of state and he made it to every requested meeting at our venue and walked us through tons of music selections, lighting options and recommendations until we had everything figured out. He helped us choose our bridal party processional song (which we have received so many compliments on) and provided the lighting, as well... which was stunning. His suggestions for the reception were a hit, including making a 'do not request' song montage with a special nod to the best man which got a LOT of laughs. Thank you again, Mick!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Marvie · Married on 05/31/2014

Mick is Amazing! We got so many compliments from our guests on how great our DJ was! He is full of energy and so much fun. From the moment we met him we knew he was our DJ. My husband is so much more into music than I am so I left a lot of that aspect of the wedding to him. We met with Mick twice prior to the wedding and he was receptive and responsive to our thoughts and ideas. We got married in Coronado on May 31 and hired Mick for our cocktail hour and reception. He also made our monogram and did our blue uplighting. The room looked absoluetly amazing! The lighting and monogram really put the finishing touches to our beautiful ballroom.
    Not only was the music and lighting perfect but Mick continued to amaze us after the wedding. The next day he posted a video on FB from personal pictures he took of the wedding with our first dance song playing in the background. That was such a pleasant suprise! And to top that, when we got home from our honeymoon we had a package in the mail with a copy of that video, the pictures and audio of the bridal/grand entrance and toasts. Oh and before the wedding he gave us a copy of what he would play during the cocktail hour since we'd miss it. He really went above and beyond our expectations. He was so much fun to work with. We highly reccommend Mick!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Joshua · Married on 05/03/2014

Could not ask for a better person or a DJ to be at my wedding. From planning to the actual event, Mick was the most professional and informative person ever and helped us out throughout the entire event. Would thoroughly recommend every time and to anyone looking for a DJ for any situation.

Sent on 05/23/2014
  • F

Frank · Married on 04/26/2014

Both Mick and Julie (Mick's wife, also a coordinator :) and I feel that she is worth mentioning here, since they worked so great together) truly earned and deserve top marks, for building and executing such an outstanding framework for our wedding reception.

My wife and I had our Wedding in Downtown San Diego - with a ceremony at a church off site, and our reception at the El Cortez Don Room. We recognized a chemistry immediately with Mick (and Julie) during our initial meeting, as he provided an outline of the songs we should be considering, and overall flow of the event for our big day. Following that meeting, we provided our proposed set list a few weeks prior to the event and met with him to review. Mick was respectfully honest about certain song selections and provided feedback on which would more so cater to a fun environment for our guests - while still playing the songs we genuinely wanted.

As a side note - often overlooked, Mick did a masterful job ensuring the sound quality was superb for the duration of the evening. The hexagonal shape of the dining room would seemingly create a challenge for acoustics, but the sound quality was perfect throughout the night for both cocktail, dinner and dancing.

Ultimately, we would highly recommend Mick (and Julie) for their professionalism, preparation, experience, and ability to read the crowd effectively. Like so many reviewers before, a ton of our guests have told us that ours was one of the best weddings they had ever been to, and the DJ/overall flow deserved a lot of credit for the experience. We can't say enough good things about them, we could not have envisioned our wedding going any better, and Mick and Julie deserve a lot of praise! Stellar job, Mick and Julie!!!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Christine · Married on 04/19/2014

We were referred to Mick by friends who hired him for their own wedding a few years ago. Upon meeting him, we knew we would hire Mick immediately. He is professional, helpful, creative, and humorous.

Additionally, his pricing is extremely competitive. We highly recommend the packages combining his services with his wife, Julie's services at The Best Wedding For You. They are an efficient team that kept our big day running smoothly throughout.

Mick helped us to plan the music for our wedding ceremony and reception. He offered song, timing, and floor plans suggestions that proved extremely helpful.

He arrived to our venue in a timely manner, dressed professionally, and worked seamlessly with our other vendors and flexible timeline. He played a terrific variety of music-- every guest made it out to the dance floor at least once! While not every guest is a "dancer," he kept a solid group out there all night. He was responsive to requests and even initiated a dance off between guests!

We could go on and on about Mick. Bottom line: HIRE HIM!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Megan · Married on 04/05/2014

Mick was an amazing wedding DJ. He provided an online music selection program to help us choose our special wedding day songs. He made suggestions about what works well and we discussed a timeline for big night. Mick was organized and kept the party going all night long. He dressed professional and was considerate to all guests. Everyone was on the dance floor and did not want to stop dancing. He played a variety of music to keep all age groups involved. They loved his British accent and energetic personality. Thanks again for a wonderful wedding and we will recommend you to anyone needing a DJ!

Sent on 04/16/2014

MICK IS THE GREATEST! If I could give him a million stars I would. He has been awesome from the very beginning and remained awesome all the way through. He is super easy to work with, funny, personable, and completely knows what he is doing. He had great suggestions for us, and every suggestion he offered, we used, and couldn't have been happier with the outcome. It's nice to know you can completely trust him. He also keeps everything very well organized. But most importantly, he had EVERYONE dancing the whole night. I mean, it was a GREAT party, and Mick was by far the reason. He injects a lot of fun energy into the entire night. We received many compliments from people, stating its the best wedding they've ever been to, and I can't help but think that a large part of that is Mick's talent. If you are going to splurge on ONE thing at your wedding, splurge on a great dj, and in my opinion, Mick is the greatest. I can't imagine it going any better with someone else. Thanks, Mick, a million times over. We had the time of our lives!!

Sent on 04/11/2014

Mick's enthusiasm for DJ'ing is amazing! My husband and I had no doubt who we were going to hire for our wedding DJ after talking to Mick. Because we do not live in San Diego, we had our first meeting via Skype. About 2 minutes in to the meeting, it was obvious that he loves what he does and puts 110% in to every event.

Mick has a ton of knowledge about music, San Diego wedding venues, the best way to set up rooms, weddings in general, etc. We were totally confident that he was going to make our event a success and we didn't worry about a thing! As for the music, Mick has an online system where you can request songs for your event, which makes planning a breeze. He gives suggestions as needed, but totally respects your ideas.

The day of the wedding, Mick provided the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. Everything was seamless! We hired Mick along with his wife Julie (Wedding Coordinator @ The Best Wedding for You) for our wedding. They made an amazing team! You can't go wrong having Mick as your wedding DJ!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Barbara · Married on 10/05/2013

Mick was so easy to work with. He did a phenomenal job reading the crowd, making the flow smooth as the customary rituals were transitioning. He had great ideas for the parents of the bride both prior to and during the event. He was easily accessible to the bride and groom most importantly! I would give you a 10 Mick. Have anyone contact me for any off line info. The crowd wanted more.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/28/2013

Mick DJ'd our wedding last Saturday and was AMAZING! We wanted all of our guests to dance and have a great time and Mick provided the perfect playlist for this! Everyone was up and dancing BEFORE dinner and the dance mix was played during dinner. We couldn't have asked for a more amazing night and Mick was awesome. He also took photos of memorable moments and helped the night run smoothly. We highly recommend Mick and look forwards to keeping in touch and using him in the future!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 09/21/2013

Mick is such an amazing DJ! He really knows how to read the crowd to keep the dance floor packed. He has very unique ideas to really make your wedding memorable and unique. We got so many compliments on the day of and we are still getting compliments from friends and family (the wedding was 9/21/13). He adds so many cool touches ... if you let him. My advice is ... Listen to his advice ... he more than knows what he is doing!!! Mick introduced us to some artists we had never heard of before and we loved their addition to the wedding. Mick also has a lot of unique mixes that take the good parts of the songs we like and really emphasizes them. Mick was also able to keep my husband dating the whole night ... I can't even get him on the dance floor usually!! It was great! I can't emphasize enough how unique Mick is and that his ideas are! They really add so much to a wedding and the memories made!! Mick is super easy to work with and super fun to work with. Mick also posted (before we woke up at 8 AM the Sunday after our wedding) a blog and posted a video on vimeo that had our first song playing and showing pictures he took. Our guests greatly appreciated it as well as us. It was so cool to get to see some of the pictures so quickly after the wedding since the day flew by (as everyone says it will). I highly recommend hiring Mick!! Also if you are looking for a wedding planner, Mick's wife (Julie from The Best Weddings for You) is an amazing planner! We hired her as a month-of planner along with hiring Mick and they are such an amazing team! They both made our wedding day stress-free and a blast!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/14/2013

Mick was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad! We used Mick for our ceremony and reception and everything was great. He is very experienced, has a lot of cool ideas and it really easy to work with. He has a great personality as MC and everyone had an awesome time. He reads the crowd well and plays music that gets everyone dancing.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Jeff · Married on 08/31/2013

Mick was incredible! Before our wedding we had no idea just how important having the right DJ was, and how big an impact the DJ can have on the event. He kept everything moving along at the right times, kept the guests informed, hit every cue for every song perfectly, set up the speakers for the best sound, kept the volume right where it should be, and so much more. Everything was perfect, leading up to and of course on the big day. He was incredible fun and easy to work with. His web link was fun and really user friendly. He had lots of great ideas and recommendations, but made sure to stick to our agenda, not his.
    Most importantly, the dance music was great – we had lots of preferences for other songs throughout the day – cocktail hour, first dance, parent dances, processional, etc, but for the dancing portion we just told him to do what he did best, and people raved about him all next week. The dance floor was packed with people of all ages. Most of our wedding was people in their 20’s and 30’s, but not only did they love it, so did all the adults, and even the grandparents! And my grandma is impossible to please! He has great custom mixes, he feels out and senses the crowd’s mood, and he’s incredibly fun! Mick was a pleasure to work with and we will recommend him to everyone! Thanks Mick!

Sent on 09/07/2013

My son recently hired this company for his wedding. I highly recommend this DJ in the San Diego area. It's difficult to find a DJ that encompasses more than a body behind the music. Mick IS the entire package. Not only does he play music, he makes suggestions prior to the wedding & makes sure he executes the event flawlessly until the event is over.
    His energy is abundant & he carefully orchestrates his moves to get the crowd engaged.
    I have had the opportunity to work with many DJ companies, he is the best of the best.
    I wouldn't look at anyone else.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Erin · Married on 08/10/2013

Elite British DJ (Mick) rocks!! Our wedding was an absolute blast and the most memorable day of our lives! Mick is wonderful to work with and makes every part of the wedding reception special! Mick is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and dedicated to making your day unique and super fun! We highly recommend Elite British DJ and we will forever be grateful to him for helping to make our day incredible!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Mick was truly extraordinary as DJ at our daughter's recent wedding and reception. Music is enormously important to her and her new husband, and they worked it into all aspects of their wedding celebration. They worked closely with Mick for weeks in advance to get it just right, and Mick was incredible. He has an unbelievable knowledge of all styles and schools of music, listens very well, and does an amazing job of delivering his clients' wishes and letting them flower rather than imposing his own preferences. He had clearly put in a lot of work assembling and organizing the playlist. More than the music, though, he presented a warm and caring personality which led the evening through all of the customary events with wit, warmth, obvious caring for the celebrants, and embracing a real sense of community. He was able to reach the young rockers in the crowd and the older relatives, all with affection and a sense of involvement, no arrogance or condescension, and pulled everyone into a real sense of participation.

We cannot recommend Mick highly enough -- if there were ten stars on this rating he would get ten stars in all categories, and we will engage him in a heartbeat for whatever future celebrations may lie ahead.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Valerie · Married on 07/20/2013

Elite British DJ is exactly that, ELITE!

We ran across Mick/Elite British DJ at a Bridal Bazaar at the Del Mar Fairgrounds in San Diego Sept 2012. Mick was friendly and simply handed us some CD's to listen to. We thought nothing of it. Other DJ's were at the event, talked to almost all of them. On our ride home we popped the CD's in and they blew us away. Right away we booked Mick. From day one he was friendly and super helpful. Every meeting was helpful and fun. Jump to the wedding day, Mick did above and beyond what we could have ever asked for. From the lighting, to the music, the DJ'ing, the monogram, the ceremony and reception. Everything was A++ Perfect! We received so many compliments of how awesome Mick was and how fun our wedding was! Everyone loved him. Mick is a really awesome guy, super friendly, and really easy and fun to work with. I am so glad we chose him. Do yourself a favor, if you're having a wedding or any sorta event that calls for a DJ, call Mick and Elite British DJ. He will do all he can to make it perfect and amazing! You may even make a friend out of it, that's how awesome he is! Thanks so much Mick!

- Val and Randy - 7/20/2013

Sent on 09/23/2013

Jackie · Married on 06/14/2013

The main goal of our wedding reception was for all of our family and friends who had come together for our ceremony to have as much fun as possible in celebration of our marriage. If your guests having as much fun as possible is a goal of yours, wedding related or otherwise, then Mick is the DJ who will make that happen.

We first met Mick at a wedding bazaar and he immediately set himself apart from the rest of the DJs we had interacted with at the event. While Mick is very professional he does not treat DJing as his "job", it is his passion and his personal excitement for what he does and his desire to make our event as incredible as possible began to shine through from the very start.

We had a couple of meetings with Mick prior to the wedding day and were impressed throughout the entire prep process. In addition to his passion Mick's experience had him bringing us one brilliant suggestion after another. While Mick shared his wealth of knowledge and a wide-ranging repertoire of ways to engage and excite our guests we never once felt an ounce of pressure to go one way or another - we were always in the driver's seat.

Day of the event? "Nailed it" is an understatement. Mick worked the entire reception expertly. As the bride and groom we were able to enjoy our night while Mick executed the essentials, read the crowd, and drove the energy of our group throughout the entire evening.

In the two months post-wedding as we have touched base with our guests it is great to hear over and over, unsolicited, how much our guests loved Mick - from how hysterical he was to the unbelievable music he played throughout the night (3 requests for full reception playlists and counting!).

But...the most telling compliment we have received from friends and family alike in abundance - "That was the best wedding reception I've ever been to." That sums it up quite well.

Sent on 11/16/2013