Elite British DJ Reviews

Elite British DJ 6
Elite British DJ 7
  • W

William Amador · Married on 11/17/2018

Bloody brilliant disc jockey from across the pond.

My wife and I married in November of 2018 and Mick was all we could have asked for in a DJ. He came recommended by the great folks at the El Cortez. We met with Mick several times leading up to the wedding to hash out the right plan for our special day. What I personally loved about him - aside from his courteous, professional and fun personality - is that he took the time to listen to what my wife and I envisioned hearing at our wedding. Both my wife and I like a variety of music, from Pearl Jam and Metallica to Luis Miguel and Marc Antony and he was able to provide that to make our night unforgettable. Once you book Mick, if indeed you're able to for your event, you'll be happy you did but even happier once its all said and done because Mick will not disappoint.

Ben Reed · Married on 10/13/2018

Elite British DJ Review

Kara and I were married in October of 2018 in La Jolla and could not have hoped for a better reception experience, largely thanks to what Mick provided. If you’re reading this review then you’ve obviously found the right person and need look no further for your wedding DJ. My wife and I have had very strong ties to music throughout our relationship, and it was very important that the music played be to our tastes and incorporate the songs of special significance to us. We met with Mick several times before the wedding which gave him time to explain his approach to deejaying, and us time to express our intent for the musical experience. Throughout the entire process he was courteous, professional, and accommodating. During our first meeting he introduced us to an easy to use website that he utilizes to submit song requests for each specific moment of the ceremony or reception, as well as any miscellaneous requests for the cocktail hour, dinner, or dance floor. Later as we approached the wedding date, he again met with us to discuss the requests we had made and our thought to the event overall. We discussed in detail our timeline and when specific events should occur and to what music. From that point forward I had no concerns about the planned flow during the reception, which was executed perfectly. Song selections, transitions, mashups, genre and beat variation were on point for the entire evening. I received numerous compliments on the music from the beginning of the cocktail hour until weeks after the wedding, and once dancing begun, there was never a vacancy on the dance floor. Mick made an incredible day even better, and he did so in a low stress, fun and easy way. I couldn’t give him a higher recommendation.

• Stephanie

Stephanie Romeo · Married on 09/16/2018

Mick is your only choice for a DJ!

I had asked my FB friends to recommend a DJ for my wedding and got several responses. Elite British DJ (Mick) was the only one I gravitated toward the most when reading all the different websites my friends sent me to. I got some initial pieces of info from Mick via email (quick response!) and we booked a meeting at his house. He was truly so pleasant to meet with and you can just tell he'd make any wedding so much fun! He's great at what he does and I'm sure he's done so so many weddings, but he does really make you feel special on your wedding day! He had some great and unique ideas when it comes to music and even had a CD that you can listen to about some of his suggestions, music choices and just ways he can enhance your wedding. (I don't want to give all his secrets away so you'll just have to book him!) My now husband and I loved him and booked him as our DJ and his wife as our wedding planner. Mick did the music for our ceremony as well as our reception and boy was he a hit. We've gotten so many compliments about our wedding and Mick was definitely a hit amongst all our friends. I cannot recommend him enough to anyone. He was a great MC also! I've been to numerous weddings and I'm not biased because it's my wedding...I'm just so thankful we found Mick who helped make our wedding so wonderful and memorable. He even sent a fun video collage of pictures he took throughout the day to us within the next few days too! So....No need to look any further, you are in GREAT hands when it comes to Mick/Elite British DJ!!

Elite British DJ 11
    Elite British DJ 12
    Elite British DJ 13
    Elite British DJ 14

Maureen · Married on 09/02/2018

Mick was so amazing! I 100% recommend hiring him. My husband and I are very picky, and we were worried we'd end up hiring a cheesy DJ that did all the basic old fashioned wedding stuff (Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle, blah blah). But after our first meeting with him, we were so wowed right away, and it made us even more excited about our upcoming wedding -- because let's be honest, having a good DJ is key to having a successful/fun wedding!

Mick was so incredibly helpful in advance of the wedding -- he gave us advice on our timeline, what types of songs work best, and he just had so many fun ideas in general. For example, the pre-dinner "Shout" dance where you get every guest on the dance floor. We were a little skeptical about this, but it was SO FUN and he was so right -- it's the only time of the night that you will have literally every person on the dance floor, so you get some great pics. And it's just a unique thing that never happens at most weddings, so people totally ate it up.

This guy definitely knows what he is doing. He has obviously been doing this long enough to know his stuff, which is so helpful when planning a wedding. It's a stressful time, and he eased some of that stress by providing us with so much advice and insight. AND after the wedding was over, he sent us the most awesome slideshow of pics he took during the reception. Just so thoughtful from start to finish. We definitely made the right decision by hiring him!

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Mick was the best choice (besides my husband ;)) I made for our wedding!! He was the perfect DJ, kept everything running on time, had everyone up dancing the entire night, and was wonderful to work with! If you need a DJ, Mick is you perfect go to!

Leigh · Married on 08/02/2018

Hiring mick was one of the best decisions we made! He was so helpful and responsive the entire year leading up to our wedding. We live out of state and couldn't meet with him until the monday before our wedding. He was more than accommadating when we planned our final meeting. He had the best recommendations for every part of our ceremony and reception. Our guests couldn't stop raving about our music choices and the dj. Thanks mick!

Ali · Married on 07/20/2018

Mick is absolutely INCREDIBLE! What a joy to work with him as our Wedding DJ - his attention to detail, responsiveness and communication, and support throughout our planning of the music portion of our wedding defines his 5-star rating. My now-husband and I enjoyed hearing his perspective on how to make the dancing and lighting fun for our guests, and trusted him completely - we had an absolute blast during our wedding, as our guests and my husband and I barely left the dance floor! His sense of humor and music selection made the evening so much fun, and I definitely recommend checking out his Blog as well to see evidence of how impactful his work is in making your wedding a true party. We're so grateful for Mick's help in making our wedding the best ever, and plan on keeping his music playlist a special part of the rest of our married lives together.

Eric · Married on 06/30/2018

Mick is creative, fun, and brings a great level of excitement and ideas. He goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding goes even better than planned. We could not recommend him enough!! If you go with any other DJ, you will regret it, as there is only one Elite British DJ :)

Elite British DJ 15
    Elite British DJ 16
    Elite British DJ 17

Allan · Married on 06/03/2018

If you're looking for a DJ in the San Diego area, look no further. We used Mick (and his wife Julie, a coordinator) for our wedding at Scripps Seaside forum. Mick did an outstanding job with the preparation of our songs and had several fun ideas to incorporate into our night. He was very organized and responsive to emails and texts. Everyone had such a fun time at our wedding and we got many compliments from guests about Mick's fun personality! The day after the wedding, we also received dozens of pictures he took throughout the night and also a slide show. We were not expecting this at all and it was so nice of him to do this for us as we await pictures from our photographer. I recommend Mick very highly!

Travis · Married on 03/23/2018

Hello, my name is Travis and my new wife Megan and I would like to thank Mick for all the things he did to make our special day so memorable. Let me begin by saying I am a HUGE music fan (Megan not as much) and a bit of a control "enthusiast", so hiring the right DJ for our wedding was important to me. Within 5 minuets of meeting Mick all my worry and doubt had subsided and I was able to put complete trust in his knowledge, passion and experience. What stood out for me was his "read the crowd" approach to selecting what music to play for our wedding reception. Being able to "let go" of the details and trust in him to play the right song at the right time was so awesome, I was able to enjoy the night and not wonder what song was next. Another great moment came spontaneously when one of Megan's family members requested that Mick play the "12 Days of Christmas" song. Playing and dancing to this song is a tradition at weddings for Megan's side of the family, and while it may seem odd to some people, Mick pulled it off flawlessly. Thank You, Mick! We will definitely be giving your name to all our friends looking to have an awesome wedding!

Connie · Married on 09/30/2017

Mick and Julie were absolutely wonderful. They made my daughter's wedding the best wedding ever. Julie was our wedding coordinator for the day. She was great and allowed me to just enjoy the day without having to worry about anything. The music was very important to my daughter and husband and Mick was excellent in working with them to make it just the way they wanted. I super highly recommend them.

Randy · Married on 09/29/2017

Great DJ and good selection of music. Mick made for a happy and fun wedding.

Jaimee · Married on 09/23/2017

Mick was one of the key people that made our special day amazing. He's the perfect combo of professional and fun. All our guests I talked to had raving reviews about him, saying he was one of the best DJs they've experienced at any wedding they've been to. And many thank you, thank you, thank you's to him for all the other behind the scenes/coordinating with me, the bridal party, and the photographers/videographers that really made the night run smoothly. Mick knows what he is doing. He's been doing this a while and has definitely mastered it. I HIGHLY recommend him to my family, friends, anyone! He is one of the best in the industry. Hands down. Hire him. You won't regret it.

Anna · Married on 09/16/2017

Mick is the best! My wedding guests wanted to dance all night! He's so entertaining and so funny! I loved working with him....He puts his heart and soul into every moment from beginning to end!

jeff · Married on 08/19/2017

Mick is amazing and took great care of both me and my husband. We came across Mick at my cousin Parker's wedding and immediately knew he was a great fit for our event as well. From his first meeting with you through creating an awesome photo montage for you after the event, his service is A+. He is very personable and knows how to take his clients personalities and make an event that fits them perfectly. He even went as far as to take our taste in music and find acoustic versions of the songs for our dinner time music. Thanks for helping to make our night perfect Mick!

• Y

Yanina · Married on 08/12/2017

Mick was incredibly awesome!! We all had a blast, music was awesome and just his personality made it all more perfect. He was perfect for our wedding!! You won’t regret choosing Mick as your DJ!!!

Amanda · Married on 07/29/2017

Our photographer recommended Mick to us and we are so thankful we took her advice- Mick is an amazing DJ who clearly knows his business. He got every single person at our wedding reception (and we're talking almost 180 people) out on the dance floor immediately after the grand entrance, which set the stage for a phenomenal party! Not only is he professional, timely, and an excellent communicator, but he also has wonderful suggestions and advice he can offer to make the reception exactly as you want it (and he does not get offended if you decide not to take his advice). We have had wedding guests contact us since the wedding to tell us how wonderful the DJ was....I'd highly recommend him for any DJ needs!!

• Z

Zach · Married on 07/16/2017

Best DJ Ever! Mick walked us through the whole process of the wedding. He gave us great ideas, and he KNOWS how to please the crowd.

We met with him 2 months before the wedding, then one week before the wedding, and he was very responsive and personable.

He gave us some really cool ideas to make our wedding unique and entertaining. If we wasn't for Mick, our wedding would have been just another boring wedding ceremony, BUT, Mick knows how to run the show!

Don't waste your money on a "part time" DJ! Pay up - your guests will thank you for it!

Jady & I LOVED the photos and videos you took! THANK YOU MICK!

Jayme · Married on 07/02/2017

The best DJ!! My fiancé and I lived in different states, and Mick Skyped us, so we could discuss things all together! Mick offered a lot of great ideas - most of which we used! He is awesome, highly recommended!

David · Married on 06/30/2017

Mick was great. Total pro. Personable on the mic and made great music choices for us. He came highly recommended to us and did not disappoint. Mick even gave us some great ideas to fill unplanned reception time. We lived him and our guests loved him. Thanks Mick!

Daniel · Married on 06/10/2017

Mick was the DJ for our wedding on 06/10/2017 and he did not disappoint, nor did his reviews. Mick was able to keep the crowd lively and did a great job using our suggested songs along with those he knew were good for the moment. He also has a great sense of humor that is very appreciated. I had many people ask me who the DJ was and for his info...not a single person had any negative comment --- which if you've been to a lot of weddings --- you know how rare that really is. Thanks Mick!

Brigid · Married on 04/29/2017

I cannot begin to recommend Mick highly enough. Our wedding was a big one, with 250 friends and family members from every corner of the country and every walk of life, and from the moment that the music started playing, EVERYONE was on the dance floor! Mick's help started long before the dancing began...in the months leading up to the event, he gave us great recommendations for music selections and general logistical decisions. On the evening fo the wedding, he made the room look beautiful with the addition of uplighting, and helped facilitate a seamless transition from one part of the evening to the next. His crowning accomplishment was a set list that had everyone on their feet all night! Mick is your man if you want a DJ who can really read a crowd.

Bernadette · Married on 04/23/2017

Mick was amazing!! Not only was he was our DJ he was also our emcee. He is very passionate on what he does and has a lot of great recommendations for different types of music during the timeline of your wedding. He is also a great listener and played the songs we wanted. He can even customize certain songs for your ceremony. Our wedding was a few months ago and some of our guests are still raving about the music. After the wedding, he writes about your day on his blog along with a video of photos with your first dance song playing in the background. I LOVED our playlist that he put together and sent us a list of songs that were played. He provided uplights in our reception room and it made a huge difference in the mood lighting. We also had his wife, Julie, as our wedding planner. These duo are the simply the best! Don't look no further and sign on with Mick!

andrea · Married on 03/25/2017

Mick is AMAZING! I was referred to him by a family friend who had him at their wedding. I actually had both Mick and his wife Julie (she is a wedding planner) for my wedding. Luckily I snatched them up before they got booked as i know they are in high demand.
    I have been to many weddings and Mick is honestly the best in his field. He knows what music will keep people dancing all night and that is what i wanted at my wedding. He went above and beyond to make the night memorable and fun. He also makes himself available for any changes up until the last minute. The night before the wedding I emailed him a song i wanted to make sure was played during dinner and he responded right away and made sure the song was played.
    The day after the wedding Mick sent me a video of our wedding reception with pictures him and Julie had taken and had our first dance song as the background music. He also sent a list of all the songs played at our wedding. That was such a special treat and something I did not expect.
    Mick is worth every penny and if you are able to book him for your wedding you are in for a treat!