Elite British DJ Reviews

195 | San Diego, CA

195 Reviews for Elite British DJ

• Claire

Claire S. · Married on 06/12/2021

Mick really is that good!

You know those DJs that seem to be magic? They just seem able to get everyone to dance and have a good time? That's Mick. He just made the whole evening gel, using the music to create an incredible atmosphere that kept folks mingling and dancing all night. The pre-wedding experience was brilliant to; Mick provided an easy to use website to upload our favorite songs and even a list for songs not to play (which turned out to be longer than we expected (hello ex-break-up songs!?). He has so much energy and enthusiasm for what he does, we truly felt like he was committed and excited to be part of our celebration. Thank you Mick.

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Megan

Megan G. · Married on 11/05/2020

Best dj around

Words can’t even begin to express how awesome mick is! He was so supportive during this whole covid rearrange. We’d call and say we can’t do this or this and he came right back with fun game suggestions and it was perfect! We finally got to have our dream wedding and Micks music selection was perfect he listened to what we wanted and didn’t want played. Everyone is still talking about how he kept the party going !
    If you’re looking for an honestly amazing DJ look no further than elite British Dj. Thank you times a million mick for all your help and support you offered us ! You’re the best!!

Sent on 12/15/2020
  • I

Ian B. · Married on 11/05/2020

Legendary DJ

Mick was so legendary, hands down the best DJ I have ever had the pleasure of having. His style was nostalgic to me, he played all kinds kept the music playing non stop and took time to do it your way. He was very fun and professional and helped me and my wife through this COVID crisis. Thank you Mick!!

Sent on 12/16/2020
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 10/22/2020

Beautiful Safe/Intimate Wedding Ceremony (during pandemic)

Mick was really there for us during our crazy pandemic wedding plans! Things were so uncertain and changing constantly but we knew we could depend on Mick to be there for us while of course taking safety for everyone into consideration. Mick was so easy to work with and fun! Even though our October 2020 wedding turned into a small ceremony only with immediate family we were still able to have beautiful music to capture the moment including our first dance which was so special to us. Mick also provided great audio including a microphone so that our family and friends from across the United States could clearly hear our entire ceremony via our live stream! We could not have had such a beautiful wedding ceremony without him! He also put together some super fun mixes, you should hear them! My husband and I highly recommend Mick! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 12/18/2020
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline G. · Married on 10/10/2020

Couldn't have picked a better DJ!!

Elite British DJ (Mick) was fantastic and we couldn't have been happier with hiring him for our wedding. He was recommended to us by a friend and we were sold on hiring Mick after just the first phone call with him. From start to finish, Mick was personable, professional, and so much fun.

On the planning side, neither my wife or I knew much about how a wedding should flow, but Mick's online planning tool basically gave us a step-by-step idea of what the evening would look like, on top of Mick guiding us through it. We basically went from zero to HERO and felt comfortable and confident in how the night would flow, when the dances would be, when we would cut the cake, etc.

We gave him our list of "must play" songs and he used those as a guide of what to play the rest of the evening. All of our guests loved the music and his services as MC were absolutely on-point.

If you've been looking for a DJ, look no further than Elite British DJ!

Sent on 12/16/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa B. · Married on 09/25/2020

An Elite Experience with Mick!

Our first time chatting with Mick, we could tell right off the bat that he is passionate about what he does and has A LOT of experience in the industry. Not only does he give suggestions about the music and the DJ aspect of your wedding day, but he whole heartedly wants your wedding day to be an experience that you want as a couple. He gave us suggestions on what he has seen worked successfully at the weddings he’s worked at, but of course is not pushy about his suggestions and understands that each couple and wedding is different!

We used Mick’s online platform to select some songs that would play during the pre-ceremony. The online process was straightforward and easy to use! Unfortunately, since we had to modify our wedding day to a ceremony only, we only got to have Mick’s services for that portion. We are hoping to have a celebration at a later date when it is safe for larger gatherings and cannot wait to witness Mick’s energy and passion during a reception / party!

We went with Mick and Julie’s combo package for DJ and Day-of Coordinator and were very pleased with their team work and dynamic. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience working them and would not have it any other way. We only wished we could give them both a big thank you hug after our ceremony for being flexible and supportive through out our planning process!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Daniel

Daniel A. · Married on 08/04/2020

What a beautiful surprise!!

Mick made us very comfortable from the beginning offering many suggestions as to how to make our wedding reception most enjoyable. Our friends and family were on the dance floor from beginning to end. He put us at ease knowing that everything flowed smoothly. He played many of the songs that we selected in advance. He got everyone involved. His suggestion for our Grand Entrance truly got everyone into the spirit of our wedding. An unexpected surprise was a short slideshow video made by Mick for our wedding memories. Mick, we are eternally grateful for the excellent job that you did to make our wedding very special.

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Max

Max · Married on 02/21/2020

Thank you elite british dj!

Mick is the Elite British DJ, and his skills came into full force at our wedding!

He is a fantastic resource. My sweetheart (and now-wife!) found his advice and suggestions extremely valuable, his ability to respond to LIVE situations is impeccable, his organizational software is grade A, and he has vast experience of being a Wedding DJ - which is huge.

Our ceremony had top-notch professional sound and music, which was a big deal for us. And our reception was everything we dreamed for and more!

Thanks Mick for being a wonderful announcer, event lighting expert, music-mixer, consultant, and friend. You rock!

Sent on 04/09/2020

Molly M. · Married on 11/08/2019

100% Positive Experience with Mick!

Mick was the best DJ we could’ve chosen for our wedding! He is so easy to work with and has fantastic fresh ideas to make the ceremony and reception one to remember! He has a very user-friendly web-based tool to outline your ceremony and reception music and he has thousands of songs to pick from. We had a couple songs that weren’t in his database, but he was able to download them right away for us. I also wanted specific parts of a particular song for when I walked down the aisle, and he worked with me to piece that together and it sounded so perfect!! He has great mash-ups too that kept everybody on the dance floor all night long! We heard great things from our guests about how great the music was! Mick does a nice job of reading the room to make sure everybody is enjoying the music playing. Mick is such a nice guy and we LOVED working with him! He has been in the wedding industry for a while now and has great insight and ideas to make your wedding so memorable!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Erika J. · Married on 09/27/2019

Best DJ around

Hiring Mick and his wife Julie for our wedding was a no brainer. We actually had them picked out for our DJ & coordinator prior to booking our venue. After attending 4 weddings done by them we knew we had to have them for our wedding. They went above in meeting our expectations and made the day flow so smoothly, they also already knew half our guests which made it that much more fun. Hiring them as a team for you wedding would make your day that much better, you cannot go wrong with Mick & Julie!!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Dana H. · Married on 06/30/2019

Mick is elite

MICK IS THE BEST. It is clear from the first meeting with him that he is an experienced professional who knows exactly what he is doing. He brings all of the fun without going too over the top. He was able to work with any and all requests we had, like cutting out bits of the Father Daughter Dance song, and he was absolutely amazing at keeping the energy up on the dance floor! He was incredibly kind and easy to work with, and was awesome at sharing some of his great ideas while still being totally on board with whatever direction we wanted to go. (He suggested a "cake money jar" that covered a couple of really fun excursions on our honeymoon- we definitely wouldn't have had those funds if it wasn't for Mick!) My husband and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Professional, kind, and fun. What more could you want from a DJ? :)

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia V. · Married on 06/22/2019

He's perfect!

Mick made our wedding day PERFECT! He helped me edit an mp3 and set things up so that I can sing as I walked down the aisle. He put together 4 snippets of songs that we liked and sent us the mp3 so that we could use it to choreograph and practice our first dance! He's super responsive and I so very much appreciate that!!!! Thank you Mick!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 06/08/2019

Look No Further for Your DJ!

We used Mick as our DJ for our wedding, and we could not be happier with our selection! Mick was attentive, fun and creative, and was 100% professional. We planned our San Diego wedding from the east coast, and Mick was so helpful during the long-distance planning process. We spoke over the phone before we booked him for our wedding and he sent an easy-to-use online music form so that we could customize our playlist (including our must-plays, the music we wanted to play pre-ceremony, the song for cake-cutting, etc.). He had such a wide selection of music and was even able to find obscure songs for us, including a beautiful Celtic version of Cannon-in-D. We also purchased up-lighting through Mick and we were incredibly happy with how the up-lights transformed our ballroom. Before the wedding, Mick spent the time to go over our music selection, make recommendations, and nail down the final details.

So many of our guests complemented the music selection and everyone had so much fun. Thank you Mick for making our night fun and memorable :)

Sent on 06/15/2019

Maggie S. · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect choice!

Mick is absolutely incredible! My husband and I were about to settle on another DJ because we were tired of looking, but we are so happy we didn't! Every time we spoke with him, it further cemented the fact that we made the right choice. Any DJ can pick a playlist and just let it run, but Mick is a full service MC! He was hilarious and engaging and had many unique tips and tricks to make the night extra special! The absolute topper to the whole vendor experience was the blog he posted the very next day! He took photos of the event and caught special moments that happened after the photographers and videographers left. My husband and I were so grateful for the entire experience and would pick Mick again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Chris · Married on 04/12/2019

Would definitely recommend

Really enjoyed having Mick DJ at our wedding. In the lead up to the day communication was very prompt and even encouraged. His online tools were very useful for personal music preferences but when it came down to how not just the music but the evening as a whole would flow, Mick was excellent.

He even met us at the venue days in advance so we got a good chance to talk through the outdoor setup of not only his equipment, but the food and lighting too.

When the evening came, he did more than DJ, he made sure the evening went to the plan we had discussed previously, which was a great help.

It was a pleasure to deal with Mick, he is extremely enthusiastic about his work and also very professional, which is a great combination.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Stephanie L. · Married on 12/30/2018

Top of the Charts

Would recommend this DJ for any type of event. He is always updating his set list, offered and executed many great songs and song transitions, and made the guests at our wedding dance until we couldn't dance any longer. Thanks Mick, we had a blast.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Maureen B. · Married on 12/16/2018

Mick was the perfect choice for a December Wedding

Wow, Mick was just as amazing as we had heard! My Daughter's December 2018 wedding was the event of the season. (I am not the bride, I am the mother of the bride)Mick had so many great ideas we had not even thought about or dreamed of. His shout song had everyone on their feet dancing from the start and the fun continued. He played the perfect songs and made great recommendations including the song choice for the precession and the first dance. I would absolutely recommend Mick for any party or event you are planning, he will not disappoint!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • W

William A. · Married on 11/17/2018

Bloody brilliant disc jockey from across the pond.

My wife and I married in November of 2018 and Mick was all we could have asked for in a DJ. He came recommended by the great folks at the El Cortez. We met with Mick several times leading up to the wedding to hash out the right plan for our special day. What I personally loved about him - aside from his courteous, professional and fun personality - is that he took the time to listen to what my wife and I envisioned hearing at our wedding. Both my wife and I like a variety of music, from Pearl Jam and Metallica to Luis Miguel and Marc Antony and he was able to provide that to make our night unforgettable. Once you book Mick, if indeed you're able to for your event, you'll be happy you did but even happier once its all said and done because Mick will not disappoint.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Ben R. · Married on 10/13/2018

Elite British DJ Review

Kara and I were married in October of 2018 in La Jolla and could not have hoped for a better reception experience, largely thanks to what Mick provided. If you’re reading this review then you’ve obviously found the right person and need look no further for your wedding DJ. My wife and I have had very strong ties to music throughout our relationship, and it was very important that the music played be to our tastes and incorporate the songs of special significance to us. We met with Mick several times before the wedding which gave him time to explain his approach to deejaying, and us time to express our intent for the musical experience. Throughout the entire process he was courteous, professional, and accommodating. During our first meeting he introduced us to an easy to use website that he utilizes to submit song requests for each specific moment of the ceremony or reception, as well as any miscellaneous requests for the cocktail hour, dinner, or dance floor. Later as we approached the wedding date, he again met with us to discuss the requests we had made and our thought to the event overall. We discussed in detail our timeline and when specific events should occur and to what music. From that point forward I had no concerns about the planned flow during the reception, which was executed perfectly. Song selections, transitions, mashups, genre and beat variation were on point for the entire evening. I received numerous compliments on the music from the beginning of the cocktail hour until weeks after the wedding, and once dancing begun, there was never a vacancy on the dance floor. Mick made an incredible day even better, and he did so in a low stress, fun and easy way. I couldn’t give him a higher recommendation.

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie R. · Married on 09/16/2018

Mick is your only choice for a DJ!

I had asked my FB friends to recommend a DJ for my wedding and got several responses. Elite British DJ (Mick) was the only one I gravitated toward the most when reading all the different websites my friends sent me to. I got some initial pieces of info from Mick via email (quick response!) and we booked a meeting at his house. He was truly so pleasant to meet with and you can just tell he'd make any wedding so much fun! He's great at what he does and I'm sure he's done so so many weddings, but he does really make you feel special on your wedding day! He had some great and unique ideas when it comes to music and even had a CD that you can listen to about some of his suggestions, music choices and just ways he can enhance your wedding. (I don't want to give all his secrets away so you'll just have to book him!) My now husband and I loved him and booked him as our DJ and his wife as our wedding planner. Mick did the music for our ceremony as well as our reception and boy was he a hit. We've gotten so many compliments about our wedding and Mick was definitely a hit amongst all our friends. I cannot recommend him enough to anyone. He was a great MC also! I've been to numerous weddings and I'm not biased because it's my wedding...I'm just so thankful we found Mick who helped make our wedding so wonderful and memorable. He even sent a fun video collage of pictures he took throughout the day to us within the next few days too! So....No need to look any further, you are in GREAT hands when it comes to Mick/Elite British DJ!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Maureen · Married on 09/02/2018

Mick was so amazing! I 100% recommend hiring him. My husband and I are very picky, and we were worried we'd end up hiring a cheesy DJ that did all the basic old fashioned wedding stuff (Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle, blah blah). But after our first meeting with him, we were so wowed right away, and it made us even more excited about our upcoming wedding -- because let's be honest, having a good DJ is key to having a successful/fun wedding!

Mick was so incredibly helpful in advance of the wedding -- he gave us advice on our timeline, what types of songs work best, and he just had so many fun ideas in general. For example, the pre-dinner "Shout" dance where you get every guest on the dance floor. We were a little skeptical about this, but it was SO FUN and he was so right -- it's the only time of the night that you will have literally every person on the dance floor, so you get some great pics. And it's just a unique thing that never happens at most weddings, so people totally ate it up.

This guy definitely knows what he is doing. He has obviously been doing this long enough to know his stuff, which is so helpful when planning a wedding. It's a stressful time, and he eased some of that stress by providing us with so much advice and insight. AND after the wedding was over, he sent us the most awesome slideshow of pics he took during the reception. Just so thoughtful from start to finish. We definitely made the right decision by hiring him!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Mick was the best choice (besides my husband ;)) I made for our wedding!! He was the perfect DJ, kept everything running on time, had everyone up dancing the entire night, and was wonderful to work with! If you need a DJ, Mick is you perfect go to!

Sent on 03/14/2017
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 08/02/2018

Hiring mick was one of the best decisions we made! He was so helpful and responsive the entire year leading up to our wedding. We live out of state and couldn't meet with him until the monday before our wedding. He was more than accommadating when we planned our final meeting. He had the best recommendations for every part of our ceremony and reception. Our guests couldn't stop raving about our music choices and the dj. Thanks mick!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Ali · Married on 07/20/2018

Mick is absolutely INCREDIBLE! What a joy to work with him as our Wedding DJ - his attention to detail, responsiveness and communication, and support throughout our planning of the music portion of our wedding defines his 5-star rating. My now-husband and I enjoyed hearing his perspective on how to make the dancing and lighting fun for our guests, and trusted him completely - we had an absolute blast during our wedding, as our guests and my husband and I barely left the dance floor! His sense of humor and music selection made the evening so much fun, and I definitely recommend checking out his Blog as well to see evidence of how impactful his work is in making your wedding a true party. We're so grateful for Mick's help in making our wedding the best ever, and plan on keeping his music playlist a special part of the rest of our married lives together.

Sent on 08/01/2018