174 Reviews for Elite British DJ

One Event Per Day (1)
Video Projection (1)
Projector (1)
174 Elite British DJ Reviews

Mick was so amazing! I 100% recommend hiring him. My husband and I are very picky, and we were worried we'd end up hiring a cheesy DJ that did all the basic old fashioned wedding stuff (Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle, blah blah). But after our first meeting with him, we were so wowed right away, and it made us even more excited about our upcoming wedding -- because let's be honest, having a good DJ is key to having a successful/fun wedding!

Mick was so incredibly helpful in advance of the wedding -- he gave us advice on our timeline, what types of songs work best, and he just had so many fun ideas in general. For example, the pre-dinner "Shout" dance where you get every guest on the dance floor. We were a little skeptical about this, but it was SO FUN and he was so right -- it's the only time of the night that you will have literally every person on the dance floor, so you get some great pics. And it's just a unique thing that never happens at most weddings, so people totally ate it up.

This guy definitely knows what he is doing. He has obviously been doing this long enough to know his stuff, which is so helpful when planning a wedding. It's a stressful time, and he eased some of that stress by providing us with so much advice and insight. AND after the wedding was over, he sent us the most awesome slideshow of pics he took during the reception. Just so thoughtful from start to finish. We definitely made the right decision by hiring him!

Profile Picture Maureen, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Mick was the best choice (besides my husband ;)) I made for our wedding!! He was the perfect DJ, kept everything running on time, had everyone up dancing the entire night, and was wonderful to work with! If you need a DJ, Mick is you perfect go to!

Profile Picture User6464200, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hiring mick was one of the best decisions we made! He was so helpful and responsive the entire year leading up to our wedding. We live out of state and couldn't meet with him until the monday before our wedding. He was more than accommadating when we planned our final meeting. He had the best recommendations for every part of our ceremony and reception. Our guests couldn't stop raving about our music choices and the dj. Thanks mick!

Profile Picture Leigh, 8/2/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mick is absolutely INCREDIBLE! What a joy to work with him as our Wedding DJ - his attention to detail, responsiveness and communication, and support throughout our planning of the music portion of our wedding defines his 5-star rating. My now-husband and I enjoyed hearing his perspective on how to make the dancing and lighting fun for our guests, and trusted him completely - we had an absolute blast during our wedding, as our guests and my husband and I barely left the dance floor! His sense of humor and music selection made the evening so much fun, and I definitely recommend checking out his Blog as well to see evidence of how impactful his work is in making your wedding a true party. We're so grateful for Mick's help in making our wedding the best ever, and plan on keeping his music playlist a special part of the rest of our married lives together.

Profile Picture Ali, 7/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection

Mick is creative, fun, and brings a great level of excitement and ideas. He goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding goes even better than planned. We could not recommend him enough!! If you go with any other DJ, you will regret it, as there is only one Elite British DJ :)

Profile Picture Eric, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you're looking for a DJ in the San Diego area, look no further. We used Mick (and his wife Julie, a coordinator) for our wedding at Scripps Seaside forum. Mick did an outstanding job with the preparation of our songs and had several fun ideas to incorporate into our night. He was very organized and responsive to emails and texts. Everyone had such a fun time at our wedding and we got many compliments from guests about Mick's fun personality! The day after the wedding, we also received dozens of pictures he took throughout the night and also a slide show. We were not expecting this at all and it was so nice of him to do this for us as we await pictures from our photographer. I recommend Mick very highly!

Profile Picture Allan, 6/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hello, my name is Travis and my new wife Megan and I would like to thank Mick for all the things he did to make our special day so memorable. Let me begin by saying I am a HUGE music fan (Megan not as much) and a bit of a control "enthusiast", so hiring the right DJ for our wedding was important to me. Within 5 minuets of meeting Mick all my worry and doubt had subsided and I was able to put complete trust in his knowledge, passion and experience. What stood out for me was his "read the crowd" approach to selecting what music to play for our wedding reception. Being able to "let go" of the details and trust in him to play the right song at the right time was so awesome, I was able to enjoy the night and not wonder what song was next. Another great moment came spontaneously when one of Megan's family members requested that Mick play the "12 Days of Christmas" song. Playing and dancing to this song is a tradition at weddings for Megan's side of the family, and while it may seem odd to some people, Mick pulled it off flawlessly. Thank You, Mick! We will definitely be giving your name to all our friends looking to have an awesome wedding!

Profile Picture Travis, 3/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick and Julie were absolutely wonderful. They made my daughter's wedding the best wedding ever. Julie was our wedding coordinator for the day. She was great and allowed me to just enjoy the day without having to worry about anything. The music was very important to my daughter and husband and Mick was excellent in working with them to make it just the way they wanted. I super highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Connie, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great DJ and good selection of music. Mick made for a happy and fun wedding.

Profile Picture Randy, 9/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick was one of the key people that made our special day amazing. He's the perfect combo of professional and fun. All our guests I talked to had raving reviews about him, saying he was one of the best DJs they've experienced at any wedding they've been to. And many thank you, thank you, thank you's to him for all the other behind the scenes/coordinating with me, the bridal party, and the photographers/videographers that really made the night run smoothly. Mick knows what he is doing. He's been doing this a while and has definitely mastered it. I HIGHLY recommend him to my family, friends, anyone! He is one of the best in the industry. Hands down. Hire him. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Jaimee, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Mick is the best! My wedding guests wanted to dance all night! He's so entertaining and so funny! I loved working with him....He puts his heart and soul into every moment from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick is amazing and took great care of both me and my husband. We came across Mick at my cousin Parker's wedding and immediately knew he was a great fit for our event as well. From his first meeting with you through creating an awesome photo montage for you after the event, his service is A+. He is very personable and knows how to take his clients personalities and make an event that fits them perfectly. He even went as far as to take our taste in music and find acoustic versions of the songs for our dinner time music. Thanks for helping to make our night perfect Mick!

Profile Picture jeff, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mick was incredibly awesome!! We all had a blast, music was awesome and just his personality made it all more perfect. He was perfect for our wedding!! You won’t regret choosing Mick as your DJ!!!

Profile Picture Yanina , 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our photographer recommended Mick to us and we are so thankful we took her advice- Mick is an amazing DJ who clearly knows his business. He got every single person at our wedding reception (and we're talking almost 180 people) out on the dance floor immediately after the grand entrance, which set the stage for a phenomenal party! Not only is he professional, timely, and an excellent communicator, but he also has wonderful suggestions and advice he can offer to make the reception exactly as you want it (and he does not get offended if you decide not to take his advice). We have had wedding guests contact us since the wedding to tell us how wonderful the DJ was....I'd highly recommend him for any DJ needs!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Best DJ Ever! Mick walked us through the whole process of the wedding. He gave us great ideas, and he KNOWS how to please the crowd.

We met with him 2 months before the wedding, then one week before the wedding, and he was very responsive and personable.

He gave us some really cool ideas to make our wedding unique and entertaining. If we wasn't for Mick, our wedding would have been just another boring wedding ceremony, BUT, Mick knows how to run the show!

Don't waste your money on a "part time" DJ! Pay up - your guests will thank you for it!

Jady & I LOVED the photos and videos you took! THANK YOU MICK!

Profile Picture Zach, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

The best DJ!! My fiancé and I lived in different states, and Mick Skyped us, so we could discuss things all together! Mick offered a lot of great ideas - most of which we used! He is awesome, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jayme, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mick was great. Total pro. Personable on the mic and made great music choices for us. He came highly recommended to us and did not disappoint. Mick even gave us some great ideas to fill unplanned reception time. We lived him and our guests loved him. Thanks Mick!

Profile Picture David, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mick was the DJ for our wedding on 06/10/2017 and he did not disappoint, nor did his reviews. Mick was able to keep the crowd lively and did a great job using our suggested songs along with those he knew were good for the moment. He also has a great sense of humor that is very appreciated. I had many people ask me who the DJ was and for his info...not a single person had any negative comment --- which if you've been to a lot of weddings --- you know how rare that really is. Thanks Mick!

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot begin to recommend Mick highly enough. Our wedding was a big one, with 250 friends and family members from every corner of the country and every walk of life, and from the moment that the music started playing, EVERYONE was on the dance floor! Mick's help started long before the dancing began...in the months leading up to the event, he gave us great recommendations for music selections and general logistical decisions. On the evening fo the wedding, he made the room look beautiful with the addition of uplighting, and helped facilitate a seamless transition from one part of the evening to the next. His crowning accomplishment was a set list that had everyone on their feet all night! Mick is your man if you want a DJ who can really read a crowd.

Profile Picture Brigid, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick was amazing!! Not only was he was our DJ he was also our emcee. He is very passionate on what he does and has a lot of great recommendations for different types of music during the timeline of your wedding. He is also a great listener and played the songs we wanted. He can even customize certain songs for your ceremony. Our wedding was a few months ago and some of our guests are still raving about the music. After the wedding, he writes about your day on his blog along with a video of photos with your first dance song playing in the background. I LOVED our playlist that he put together and sent us a list of songs that were played. He provided uplights in our reception room and it made a huge difference in the mood lighting. We also had his wife, Julie, as our wedding planner. These duo are the simply the best! Don't look no further and sign on with Mick!

Profile Picture Bernadette, 4/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick is AMAZING! I was referred to him by a family friend who had him at their wedding. I actually had both Mick and his wife Julie (she is a wedding planner) for my wedding. Luckily I snatched them up before they got booked as i know they are in high demand.
I have been to many weddings and Mick is honestly the best in his field. He knows what music will keep people dancing all night and that is what i wanted at my wedding. He went above and beyond to make the night memorable and fun. He also makes himself available for any changes up until the last minute. The night before the wedding I emailed him a song i wanted to make sure was played during dinner and he responded right away and made sure the song was played.
The day after the wedding Mick sent me a video of our wedding reception with pictures him and Julie had taken and had our first dance song as the background music. He also sent a list of all the songs played at our wedding. That was such a special treat and something I did not expect.
Mick is worth every penny and if you are able to book him for your wedding you are in for a treat!

Profile Picture andrea, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick went above and being to create a perfect wedding for us. His attention to detail, thought into every song, and help with lighting and the overall event flow, helped make this a wedding that our guests uniformly called the best they'd ever been to.

He is timely, considerate, and knows music AND wedding dancing better than anybody you will ever meet. Thank you Mick!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick was awesome! I come from a family of dancing people- and he kept them on the dance floor all night! Mick provided great suggestions for both ceremony and reception music. He has a great attitude and is a great DJ! If you are looking for someone who is great at getting and keeping the party going then Mick is your guy.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

From the moment we met Mick he got us excited and pumped and had many great ideas on how to get our guests active and dancing all night long. Come the wedding day everything went perfect from the cocktail hour music to the music ending the night everyone told us how much they loved the music and were dancing all night long. Highly recommend Mick, and the bonus was the special video he sent us with highlights from our wedding right before our honeymoon.

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews