169 Reviews for Elite British DJ

Sound/PA System (13)
Uplighting (8)
Liability Insurance (5)
169 Elite British DJ Reviews

Mick was the best choice (besides my husband ;)) I made for our wedding!! He was the perfect DJ, kept everything running on time, had everyone up dancing the entire night, and was wonderful to work with! If you need a DJ, Mick is you perfect go to!

Profile Picture User6464200, [Private], 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Hello, my name is Travis and my new wife Megan and I would like to thank Mick for all the things he did to make our special day so memorable. Let me begin by saying I am a HUGE music fan (Megan not as much) and a bit of a control "enthusiast", so hiring the right DJ for our wedding was important to me. Within 5 minuets of meeting Mick all my worry and doubt had subsided and I was able to put complete trust in his knowledge, passion and experience. What stood out for me was his "read the crowd" approach to selecting what music to play for our wedding reception. Being able to "let go" of the details and trust in him to play the right song at the right time was so awesome, I was able to enjoy the night and not wonder what song was next. Another great moment came spontaneously when one of Megan's family members requested that Mick play the "12 Days of Christmas" song. Playing and dancing to this song is a tradition at weddings for Megan's side of the family, and while it may seem odd to some people, Mick pulled it off flawlessly. Thank You, Mick! We will definitely be giving your name to all our friends looking to have an awesome wedding!

Profile Picture Travis, 3/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Planning a wedding reception can be overwhelming, but it just got a lot easier. Here’s why: you can now stop looking for a DJ. You’ve just found the greatest DJ in San Diego / SoCal: Elite British DJ.

Mick Scrivener of Elite British DJ exceeded ALL our expectations as our reception DJ. He was prompt, responsive, and had a great personality. Everyone loved him because not only is he a pro, but he’s funny on the mic!

Mick is incredibly helpful in the planning process. One of the best things about Mick is his innovative ideas (EX: he recommended having the first dance after the grand entrance, followed by all the guests doing “shout” on the dance floor – one of the biggest hits of the night). He’ll also help you make so many of those pesky decisions easier (ex: like should you have a photo booth, should you have sparklers at a grand exit, etc.). He met with us in person prior to the reception to go through our many questions. He was on-time, professional, knowledgeable, and did a lot to set our minds at ease. We walked out of that meeting feeling much better about all of the details and confident that Mick would take care of everything. He was responsive to our emails and his online portal is great to put in our song requests in terms of importance to us.

Finally -- and perhaps most importantly – Mick killed it when he was DJ'ing during the reception. Nobody wants one of those DJ's that just plays one song after another with no mixing or beat-matching. Mick was as far from that as possible. He mixed songs together (with some unique combinations that I still remember now) and kept the party going. I even saw my dad doing a handstand on the dancefloor – he doesn’t even dance! He had everyone on their feet anticipating what was coming next. He made our day phenomenal and we could not have asked for a better person for our reception!

So cross of finding a DJ from your list – Mick is the best. You’ll be lucky if you can get him for your event!

Profile Picture Will, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mick and Julie were absolutely wonderful. They made my daughter's wedding the best wedding ever. Julie was our wedding coordinator for the day. She was great and allowed me to just enjoy the day without having to worry about anything. The music was very important to my daughter and husband and Mick was excellent in working with them to make it just the way they wanted. I super highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Connie, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great DJ and good selection of music. Mick made for a happy and fun wedding.

Profile Picture Randy, 9/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick was one of the key people that made our special day amazing. He's the perfect combo of professional and fun. All our guests I talked to had raving reviews about him, saying he was one of the best DJs they've experienced at any wedding they've been to. And many thank you, thank you, thank you's to him for all the other behind the scenes/coordinating with me, the bridal party, and the photographers/videographers that really made the night run smoothly. Mick knows what he is doing. He's been doing this a while and has definitely mastered it. I HIGHLY recommend him to my family, friends, anyone! He is one of the best in the industry. Hands down. Hire him. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Jaimee, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Mick is the best! My wedding guests wanted to dance all night! He's so entertaining and so funny! I loved working with him....He puts his heart and soul into every moment from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick is amazing and took great care of both me and my husband. We came across Mick at my cousin Parker's wedding and immediately knew he was a great fit for our event as well. From his first meeting with you through creating an awesome photo montage for you after the event, his service is A+. He is very personable and knows how to take his clients personalities and make an event that fits them perfectly. He even went as far as to take our taste in music and find acoustic versions of the songs for our dinner time music. Thanks for helping to make our night perfect Mick!

Profile Picture jeff, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mick was incredibly awesome!! We all had a blast, music was awesome and just his personality made it all more perfect. He was perfect for our wedding!! You won’t regret choosing Mick as your DJ!!!

Profile Picture Yanina , 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our photographer recommended Mick to us and we are so thankful we took her advice- Mick is an amazing DJ who clearly knows his business. He got every single person at our wedding reception (and we're talking almost 180 people) out on the dance floor immediately after the grand entrance, which set the stage for a phenomenal party! Not only is he professional, timely, and an excellent communicator, but he also has wonderful suggestions and advice he can offer to make the reception exactly as you want it (and he does not get offended if you decide not to take his advice). We have had wedding guests contact us since the wedding to tell us how wonderful the DJ was....I'd highly recommend him for any DJ needs!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Best DJ Ever! Mick walked us through the whole process of the wedding. He gave us great ideas, and he KNOWS how to please the crowd.

We met with him 2 months before the wedding, then one week before the wedding, and he was very responsive and personable.

He gave us some really cool ideas to make our wedding unique and entertaining. If we wasn't for Mick, our wedding would have been just another boring wedding ceremony, BUT, Mick knows how to run the show!

Don't waste your money on a "part time" DJ! Pay up - your guests will thank you for it!

Jady & I LOVED the photos and videos you took! THANK YOU MICK!

Profile Picture Zach, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

The best DJ!! My fiancé and I lived in different states, and Mick Skyped us, so we could discuss things all together! Mick offered a lot of great ideas - most of which we used! He is awesome, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Jayme, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mick was great. Total pro. Personable on the mic and made great music choices for us. He came highly recommended to us and did not disappoint. Mick even gave us some great ideas to fill unplanned reception time. We lived him and our guests loved him. Thanks Mick!

Profile Picture David, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mick was the DJ for our wedding on 06/10/2017 and he did not disappoint, nor did his reviews. Mick was able to keep the crowd lively and did a great job using our suggested songs along with those he knew were good for the moment. He also has a great sense of humor that is very appreciated. I had many people ask me who the DJ was and for his info...not a single person had any negative comment --- which if you've been to a lot of weddings --- you know how rare that really is. Thanks Mick!

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot begin to recommend Mick highly enough. Our wedding was a big one, with 250 friends and family members from every corner of the country and every walk of life, and from the moment that the music started playing, EVERYONE was on the dance floor! Mick's help started long before the dancing began...in the months leading up to the event, he gave us great recommendations for music selections and general logistical decisions. On the evening fo the wedding, he made the room look beautiful with the addition of uplighting, and helped facilitate a seamless transition from one part of the evening to the next. His crowning accomplishment was a set list that had everyone on their feet all night! Mick is your man if you want a DJ who can really read a crowd.

Profile Picture Brigid, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick was amazing!! Not only was he was our DJ he was also our emcee. He is very passionate on what he does and has a lot of great recommendations for different types of music during the timeline of your wedding. He is also a great listener and played the songs we wanted. He can even customize certain songs for your ceremony. Our wedding was a few months ago and some of our guests are still raving about the music. After the wedding, he writes about your day on his blog along with a video of photos with your first dance song playing in the background. I LOVED our playlist that he put together and sent us a list of songs that were played. He provided uplights in our reception room and it made a huge difference in the mood lighting. We also had his wife, Julie, as our wedding planner. These duo are the simply the best! Don't look no further and sign on with Mick!

Profile Picture Bernadette, 4/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick is AMAZING! I was referred to him by a family friend who had him at their wedding. I actually had both Mick and his wife Julie (she is a wedding planner) for my wedding. Luckily I snatched them up before they got booked as i know they are in high demand.
I have been to many weddings and Mick is honestly the best in his field. He knows what music will keep people dancing all night and that is what i wanted at my wedding. He went above and beyond to make the night memorable and fun. He also makes himself available for any changes up until the last minute. The night before the wedding I emailed him a song i wanted to make sure was played during dinner and he responded right away and made sure the song was played.
The day after the wedding Mick sent me a video of our wedding reception with pictures him and Julie had taken and had our first dance song as the background music. He also sent a list of all the songs played at our wedding. That was such a special treat and something I did not expect.
Mick is worth every penny and if you are able to book him for your wedding you are in for a treat!

Profile Picture andrea, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick went above and being to create a perfect wedding for us. His attention to detail, thought into every song, and help with lighting and the overall event flow, helped make this a wedding that our guests uniformly called the best they'd ever been to.

He is timely, considerate, and knows music AND wedding dancing better than anybody you will ever meet. Thank you Mick!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick was awesome! I come from a family of dancing people- and he kept them on the dance floor all night! Mick provided great suggestions for both ceremony and reception music. He has a great attitude and is a great DJ! If you are looking for someone who is great at getting and keeping the party going then Mick is your guy.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

From the moment we met Mick he got us excited and pumped and had many great ideas on how to get our guests active and dancing all night long. Come the wedding day everything went perfect from the cocktail hour music to the music ending the night everyone told us how much they loved the music and were dancing all night long. Highly recommend Mick, and the bonus was the special video he sent us with highlights from our wedding right before our honeymoon.

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mick is a total professional which was the primary reason we decided to go with him, and we are so happy we did! We had been to a wedding with him a couple of years ago and had a great time, so he definitely came to mind when looking at all of our options. He has tremendous experience and even offered his input and advice in other areas of the planning and timing things throughout the evening. We had SO many compliments from our guests on the energy and music at our event. People absolutely loved our grand entrance and Mick was the mastermind behind how we kicked off the reception. It totally set the tone for a fun and lively reception. He offers his opinions based on his experience and what he has seen work or not work musically at events over the years and he is also very accommodating of your song preferences. For us, one of the most important aspects of hiring vendors was finding people that we knew we would not have to worry about or babysit. Because Mick is so organized and experienced, we knew that was one part of the wedding planning that was off our plates as soon as we hired him. He infused a wonderful energy into our event and we are happy to recommend him to anyone that is looking to throw a really fun party!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Uplighting

Mick is awesome! Everyone said our wedding had the best music. Mick has been in the business for a long time and gave us a lot of helpful advice for our wedding. He did such a great job keeping the fun vibe and everyone on the dance floor! Thank you mick!!

Profile Picture User7491566, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

So we learned about Mick through a friend referral. We had our initial meeting with him and knew on the spot that we wanted to hire him. He knew exactly what songs to play to make our guests dance and we completely relied on his song choices other than the important first dance, etc. Our wedding guests are still talking about how amazing he was as a DJ. He was fun, entertaining and our dance floor was full so we were happy. Not to mention that we had the most amazing time at our wedding and we wouldn't do anything differently. Absolutely recommend hiring Mick as your DJ, he is the best.

Profile Picture Zoe, 9/2/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

I have hired Mick for all my wedding and event parties and at this time he has already hosted three of them. He is absolutely wonderful! He knows how to encourage guests on to the dance floor and they always have so much fun. I will continue to ask him to host my functions and I very highly recommend him to host your event. Elly

Profile Picture Elly , 8/21/16, 1 Review