Eleven Courses Catering Reviews

Eleven Courses Catering 5
  • Susan

Susan · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Wonderful Tasting Experience

I had contacted Eleven Courses for my fiance and I's wedding for next year and Staci was able to fit us in for a tasting that same day due to some scheduling conflicts on my fiance and I's part in not being able to come in sooner.

The food we had for the tasting was absolutely delicious and Jim the owner, as well as Staci answered all of our questions and concerns that we may have had about or potential menu. They made us feel confident about having them host food for our wedding and we booked them on the spot.

I couldn't recommend them enough! Their food, as well as customer service has been nothing short of amazing.

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Cook · Married on 09/21/2019

Incredible

Eleven courses is INCREDIBLE. Their passion for food and genuine care for their clients was evident at every second of our tasting, wedding day and everything in between. They were so flexible- they put us at ease when we had to find a new caterer, always willing to call us despite the CA time difference and even drove to our location 2 hours away on a holiday. GENUINE NICE PEOPLE. Janae was AMAZING every second of planning she even helped the events run smoothly the day of and actually made sure we ate the day of. I get compliments on our wedding food and creative late night snack every day! Thank you SO much, we will continue to recommend them for every future event!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Lori Rush · Married on 09/14/2019

Delicious Food and Great Customer Service

My daughter had chosen the Maryland Zoo in’s Baltimore for her wedding and we were handed a list of caterers. My other daughter who happens to be in this line of work said we needed to go with Eleven Courses. We are so happy that we did. The food was delicious and the experience was phenomenal. Jim, the owner and Janae , our planner were so easy to work with and listened to what we wanted. All the extra touches that were added in were wonderful. The tables were beautiful, the service exceptional and overall it was a tremendous night. They even helped accommodate 2 surprises for the Bride and Groom for Dessert. We can not thank you enough for all the you did to make this an exceptional night!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/29/2019

Delicious and Interesting

When we started to plan our wedding, we knew we wanted interesting and delicious food. Eleven Courses is fantastic at both! Their menu showcases their expertise at a wide-range of styles: from comfort, to cultural, to fancy. There are plenty of options to build the perfect menu and they are willing to work with you if there’s something you want not on the menu. At our wedding, we could not stop eating and people couldn’t stop raving about how much they loved the food. Our guests devoured the crab dip, fish tacos, fried green tomatoes, and chicken and waffles during cocktail hour. During dinner, we enjoyed perfectly cooked steak and salmon, a potato melody, seasonal vegetables, and the perfect sweet corn bread. Everything was seasoned and flavorful.

Also, do you and your guests a favor, get the cookies and milk dessert. The snickerdoodle was the best cookies I have ever had and I loved the sea salt toffee flavor. Everyone, from the smallest toddler to the elderly guests, were enjoying warm cookies and shots of milk. It was the hit of the party.

Not only is the food delicious, but everyone is so darn nice. At our initial tasting, the owner and chef, Jim came out to talk to us about the food and our vision. While planning, Janae answered our endless questions with patience, helpfulness, and knowledge. At our wedding, Chef Shaun came out to personally check on us twice and was willing to make us a fresh batch of the chicken and waffles appetizer because it was so delicious. Hannah was our day of coordinator from Eleven Courses and she constantly made sure we had drinks and food. She even came out to Frederick for our final walk through a month before the wedding. Hannah was so organized and thoughtful, helping the day run smoothly. Every single person at Eleven Course helped make our wedding a delicious success. It was the best wedding food I’ve ever had! Seriously, do yourself a favor and get some of those cookies.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Lauren · Married on 06/08/2019

Delicious Food, Exceptional Service!

Eleven Courses Catering was the most incredible catering team that we could have asked for on our big day! We got married on June 8th and used their services for food and beverage. Leading up to our wedding, they answered all emails and phone calls in a timely manner. They helped to make suggestions and provide solutions to any questions that arose. They made us feel confident that our big day would be nothing short of amazingly perfect! The day of the wedding, they ensured that every table was in the exact location that we wanted, all table linens were perfectly straight and they assisted in putting our favors at each guest seat. Melissa (owner) and Hannah (event coordinator) were present for the duration of our event. They both ensured that we were able to eat and drink all night, seeking us out to provide hors d'oeuvres while mingling with our guests. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was (you can't go wrong with the fish tacos or the beef tips!) and are still talking about it a month later! Dishes and glasses were cleaned up quickly and quietly throughout the night. And at the end of the night, they helped us pack up the items that we had to take home. We cannot praise how amazing this team was enough. We have recommended them to numerous people and they'll be the first ones we call the next time we host an event!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious and awesome!

I don't think I have enough adjectives to describe this amazing caterer. They respond back very quickly, they're very organized, the food is absolutely amazing and they're lovely people to work with. I highly recommend going with eleven courses. Janae is so sweet and amazing, you will not regret hiring them!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    Eleven Courses Catering 6

Shannon · Married on 03/09/2019

Food was amazing

Eleven courses was amazing. All of my guests raved about their food. From start to finish, they were professional and very responsive. I was lucky to find them as a lot of the vendors I researched originally didn't have them listed. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing food and wonderful service!

Eleven course was amazing for my wedding this past weekend! The quality of food and the price was exceptional! We went for a tasting and had the short rib, boscaiola chicken, chicken and waffle appetizer and fried Mac and cheese appetizer. They were all amazing and we decided to go with everything we tried for the wedding. Janae was amazing to work with! She was so helpful through planning the whole wedding and helped me choose linens table setup. She made everything go so smoothly for the wedding! The hors D’oeuvres were amazing! I wish I ate more! The bacon wrapped scallops, chicken and waffle and fried Mac and cheese were the best hors D’oeuvres I have ever had at a wedding! We got so many compliments on how great the food was! For your wedding don’t hesitate to hire eleven courses! We will be using them for any future events or we have!

Sent on 03/01/2019
    Eleven Courses Catering 7
    Eleven Courses Catering 8
    Eleven Courses Catering 9

Viktoria · Married on 11/10/2018

Delicious Food, Friendly Staff

Eleven Courses was very responsive and helpful every step of the way. The staff was friendly & attentive. The food was delicious. Our wedding guests loved the appetizers & dinner. Everyone had a great time!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Laisa · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Experience

I just got married on Nov. 10, 2018. Janae & the Eleven Courses team were so nice to work with and made the entire planning process so stress-free! Everything that we had envisioned for our wedding day was made possible with the EC team. We would highly recommend Eleven Courses. -

-Mr. & Mrs. King 11.10.18

Sent on 11/24/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 10/27/2018

Married on 10/27/18

As soon as we took the first bite at our initial tasting, we knew Eleven Courses was going to be our caterer. Each member of their team is dedicated and committed to meeting every need of your event and strives for perfection in all that they do. During the process leading up to the wedding, we had total confidence that Eleven Courses would make our wedding a day that we would never forget. On the day of, we were treated like royalty - one member of the crew even ran after us riding away on a golf cart carrying a plate of hors d'oeuvres in the rain. All of our guests were asking who our caterer was before dinner was served. We can't say enough nice things about this company! You will be impressed by how professional and how pleasant these guys are to work with! If we are ever in a position to cater an event, Eleven Courses will absolutely be our choice.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Carolina · Married on 10/21/2018

Fantastic and a pleasure to work with

Our overall experience was fantastic! The staff was very responsive through out the entire process and would always answer my emails in a timely manner. They were very flexible with catering options and we like how different their menu was compared to other more traditional wedding food. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed our wedding food and they were even able to accommodate our request for a signature drink for the bar. Would overall recommend!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Rachel Lieblich · Married on 10/19/2018

Highly Accommodating Catering Team

Eleven Courses catered our wedding this October, and we were so happy with the whole team! I (the Bride) have Celiac Disease, and in selecting a caterer it was really important to me to find a vendor that truly understood my dietary needs since I would have been devastated if I had gotten sick at my own wedding. Not only did Eleven Course understand my needs, but they suggested making the entire menu gluten free. To say I was impressed, relieved, and overjoyed would be an understatement. In addition to putting me at ease about my own needs, they were so easy to work with and thoughtful about the dietary needs of our guests as well.

At our tasting we were able to meet Jim, the Executive Chef and Owner, and Shaun, the Chef. They were kind and welcoming, and made us feel comfortable. The food was beautifully plated, and most importantly, delicious! We had a really hard time narrowing down our final selections because we knew everything they offered would have been amazing. At the wedding the food was just awesome. We selected Irish Potato-Leek Soup Shots, Korean BBQ Beef Tacos, and Lobster Rolls for our passed hors d’oevres during cocktail hour and I would have been ecstatic with just that (seriously, I could eat a gallon of the potato-leek soup).

Finally, the entire team was just a pleasure to work with. I felt like I asked a million annoying questions and had some last minute changes, but everyone was so supportive and easy to work with. Janae and Emily were always very responsive, and I felt like we were in great hands. I felt so well taken care of when a whole tray of hors d’oevres appeared for us during our sunset photos that happened concurrent with cocktail hour. We had said how important it was to us that we actually get to eat, and the team really went above and beyond to make it happen.

I can’t say enough good things about Eleven Courses and highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing food, great communication, and flexible service!

I found Eleven Courses on wedding wire and am so glad I did! Working with them was a breeze. They are so responsive, helpful, and accommodating to ANY request or idea you have. The food was delicious and my husband and I really appreciated how Melissa made sure we got to eat at the wedding... from bringing drinks and o'dorves to where the bridal party was taking pictures to getting my husband an entire extra meal at our reception just because he asked for one, she took GREAT care of us! Not to mention their prices are far more competitive than other Baltimore-area caterers. Could not recommend Eleven Courses enough!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Megan · Married on 09/22/2018

Great Customer Service & Customized Food

Eleven Courses Catering was my dream catering team. From the moment I met Jim & Janae (in the green room for a tv spot!) until we were eating the last donut and walking out of the venue was a breeze. Melissa and Janae were amazing points of contact, answered every email quickly and went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was the best day of our lives. The food was AMAZING and the fact that ECC made an entirely dairy free menu to ensure that I could eat everything on my wedding day was so incredible. I also was not expecting our caterers to place our rental order but Melissa and Janae made that process super simple as well which was greatly appreciated. Finally, when a mix-up happened (on my end, not Eleven Courses fault) and my Mom was unhappy, Janae solved the issue with a smile on her face and never complained once even though she wasn’t at fault. She wanted it to be the best possible day for all of us and did whatever needed to be done for that to happen. I appreciate that more than I can express. We love you Eleven Courses and THANK YOU for an amazing experience!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 09/15/2018

Eleven Courses was fantastic in every way. From the passed apps, to the stationary dips, to the buffet dinner, to the plated desserts -- their food was incredible! Such a good value too. We were able to get all the dishes we desired and actually stayed within our food budget (which, in the DC metro area, is quite the feat!). My favorite part of working with Eleven Courses was the people. From our first interaction, Jim was friendly and responsive and flexible. I felt like we were working with a friendly neighbor. Janae was our coordinator for the event and she was the bomb. Such a great sense of humor and she had it COVERED. The wedding went off flawlessly and we are so grateful.

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Caitlin & Jason

Caitlin & Jason · Married on 07/21/2018

I can’t say enough great things about Eleven Courses! They were the first caterers we sampled and after trying a few others we just knew no one could top them. Jasmine and Janae were my main points of contact throughout this process and they were both so amazing with having all the answers for me anytime new questions came up. After talking about budget and what types of foods, I was sent an estimate with a menu that had a huge variety of choices. We wanted a Southern theme since I am from GA and my husband is from Southern MD and it just fit our personalities. The appetizers were chicken & waffle bites, fried green tomato sliders and bbq pork wontons. All were amazing! One thing I really loved about Eleven Courses was that while my husband and I and the wedding party were getting photos taken and missing the cocktail hour, a catering staff person made sure to bring us our signature drinks and trays of the appetizers to us all while doing photos. That was so amazing and helpful to stay fed throughout the process! When we got to our table at the bride and groom place settings, our food and signature drinks were there waiting for us after the first dance. We had a buffet so it was nice that we didn’t have to go through the buffet line! The entrees we got were Chicken Milanese and Braised Short Rib. I highly recommend both! We got rave reviews from our guests about the food and are still hearing how good the food was! We went with the full bar package and it was totally worth it to not have to worry about acquiring liquor, beer and wine and then having to take whatever was leftover so if your budget allows for it, I highly recommend going this route. My signature drink was a peach sangria and the bartenders made it perfectly! My husband doesn’t drink so he chose a bottled cream soda, Stubborn Soda, and that was the only thing we purchased separately. Their professionalism and quality of food and service is unparalleled and worth every penny!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/02/2018

Eleven Courses was everything and more! We worked with Janae and she is just beyond wonderful. This company is so easy to work with and they are extremely proficient in managing during the event. Not to mention the food. All of our guests were absolutely raving about it. We also wanted a specialty cake and they were able to provide that as well as specialty meals for our diet restricted guests. Look no further you have found your caterer!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Jennifer · Married on 02/16/2018

Loved everything with this vendor. The food was delicious, gorgeous!, plentiful, and many people asked for their contact information after!

Sent on 03/27/2018

John · event on 10/13/2017

I am not big on reviews but for this company I just felt like I had to say something about the amazing experience we had working with Eleven Courses Catering! They recently catered our formal alumni event held at the Dumbarton House in Georgetown.

First, we had no idea as to who to use for catering when planning an event in Washington, DC. We received a list of caterers from the venue and started the process of reviewing menus and talking with people regarding the event. After narrowing it down to a final four I spoke with all of them about menus, pricing, and service. As soon as I spoke with Melissa Benson, the owner, I was sold and we quickly signed a contract and proceeded with choices etc. Throughout the process, they were amazingly helpful in terms of responding to questions as well as making suggestions!

Last Friday evening at the time of the event, the staff arrived on time and immediately turned the venue into a truly magical place, taking care of all the details. Once our guests arrived the service was impeccable and the staff professional, helpful, and very nice. Finally, the food, from the Black Tiger Shrimp hors d’oeuvres to the filet and the amazing crab cakes was as good as the best restaurants’. We had over 70 attendees and all of them had great things to say regarding the quality of the food and service!

In closing, Eleven Courses is the third or fourth caterer that I have used and hands down they are the best. They have our absolute highest recommendation and we would most certainly use them again!

John S.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2017

I can't recommend Jim Benson and Eleven Courses highly enough. We planned a wedding for about 150 people on a fairly limited budget. Jim and his team were wonderful from the very start. My husband is a chef and was very specific about what he wanted for food. Jim and his team were flexible with our specifications and gave us everything we asked for at a very reasonable price. The food presentation was impressive, and everything tasted delicious.

Jim and his team are also extremely experienced and truly cater to their customers. We had a day-of planner, but we ended up counting on Jim predominantly to give us an overview of how things are handled at our venue and what would work best logistically. Everything went seamlessly the day of our wedding and everyone commented on how spectacular the food was. If you are looking for a professional company that will provide a top-level product and work with you on cost, Jim Benson and Eleven Courses deserves your business. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/19/2018

Delilah · Married on 09/30/2017

We were so pleased with Eleven Courses. They were willing to work with our budget and help make our wedding perfect. Guest still (3 months later) talk about how delicious the food was. Every little detail that they were in charge of was absolutely perfect. The staff was kind, professional, and responsive! You won't regret going with Eleven Courses!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Neeta · Married on 09/23/2017

I have to say, I don't usually rate anyone perfectly. However, working with Eleven Courses was truly the best experience. Not only do they provide exceptional customer service and final products, but they were also a pleasure to work with and so flexible in accommodating our asks and making our vision a reality.

We had a custom menu that we worked directly with Jim to hone the family Indian recipes and make them something perfect for our blended family. If you are looking for a caterer for any event, big or small, I highly recommend working with Eleven Courses Catering. You will receive great value for your investment!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/09/2017

Eleven Courses was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. They go beyond the catering to make everything from the set-up to timeline run smoothy and were very attentive throughout the event to make sure we were happy. Megan and Melissa were our contacts throughout the process and both were timely with responses and flexible with giving and receiving information. The big plus was the amount of positive comments we received from our guests about how good the food was! Our photographer even said "that was some good chicken, and I've had a lot of wedding chicken!". Eleven Courses was also super accommodating to our needs and wants and made the experience so much more pleasant. We would definitely recommend them time and time again!

Sent on 09/26/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2017

I couldn't be happier with using Eleven Courses for my 9/2 wedding. When my husband and I tasted the food, we knew we wanted Eleven Courses to cater our wedding. They were so accommodating of our multiple requests, especially wanting to use an alternative dessert option (donuts and cookies) and keeping up with the many detail changes that happened as we needed to move our wedding indoors. My guests are still raving about the food and the service was top notch. The best part was that one of the waitresses continued to seek my husband and I out during the wedding to make sure we got to try all of the food, even when we were taking pictures. Thank you Jim and Eleven Courses!

Sent on 09/09/2017