Elevate Photography Reviews

126 | Englewood, CO

126 Reviews for Elevate Photography

Rebekah · Married on 06/26/2005

McCory provided us with spectacular photos from our wedding. He put everyone, including my less than photo excited mother, at ease, and captured so many important moments without us even noticing he was there! He took the time to find out what type of pictures were important to us, and made sure that each of those photographs were captured. He even managed to get a photo of every single member of our very large combined family, a photo that meant a lot to me, but I'm sure was not easy to take. Moreover, he got it done very quickly, and got them back into the party promptly (which certainly kept them happy). When it started pouring rain just as we were supposed to be starting the outdoor shots, which happened to be right before the wedding, he focused us on some indoor shots, and managed to keep the bride from looking like she thought her wedding was about to be rained out. He then moved back to the outside shots as soon as the storm passed, and used the puddles and the clouds to our benefit. (My husband especially enjoys one of dark clouds hovering over him, but a clear ray of sunshine over me. I like the one of the rose petals among the raindrops). I also really appreciated his ability to capture the personality of not just the wedding party, but that of our friends and family in attendance. There are moments that I am aware happened only because McCory got the shot! Having quality photographs of our wedding day was the service that I most valued, and it was also the one for which I had the highest expectations. McCory is friendly, professional and creative. I was thrilled with the results he provided.

Andrea · Married on 06/11/2005

McCory was an excellent photographer!! Our pictures were AMAZING and every person who saw them thought the same. I have and will continue to recommend him to all my friends and family- you can't go wrong!!

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2003

McCory has a very easy-going style about him. He has a keen eye for catching beautiful and unique photographs. McCory caught so many of the little details that I would have missed, had I not had McCory as my photographer. I have a complete history of my wedding day thanks to McCory and his unique, yet simple, style as a photojournalist. Absolute amazing bang for the buck!

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2003

McCory was absolutely wonderful! We knew the quality of his work, since he photographed a friend's wedding. So, lucky for us, we did not have to search around. He was extremely flexible, and even stayed much longer at our reception than we originally contracted him for. The pictures are something we will cherish for a lifetime. I believe we look at our photographs more than the average married couple ... but we absolutely love them! He is 100% professional and uses just the right amount of creativty. We have recommended McCory and Ryan to every engaged couple we encounter - friends AND strangers! I often check out his website just to flip through the recent weddings he has photographed!

Sent on 04/19/2007

Elevate photographers definitely have the talent for capturing the moment and the feelings that couples have together! Whether looking at my own photos or someone else, it brings a smile to my face!

Sent on 02/12/2015

April · Married on 07/05/2014

Katie and Stephanie are ROCKSTARS! From the moment my now husband and I met them, we felt comfortable. They truly spent time getting to know us and get a feel for our expectations and style.

We had to change our venue with exactly 100 days to go and we feared that with the former venue listed on our contract, we would encounter problems with other vendors. When I called Elevate, they were understanding and it was not a big deal.

One of the coolest things Elevate offers is a slideshow of some of your photos during the reception. Our guests still talk about that! It was really neat for our guests to see some of the phenomenal photos taken. Many of our friends remarked on how beautiful the photos were and asked for Elevate's phone number. It was such a special moment to sit with my new husband and see the look of love and joy in his smile.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Kelsey · Married on 08/26/2011

Katie was one of the most wonderful photographers I have met. In fact, she was so great that we had her photograph both our engagement and wedding photos. She has a very distinctive style that fit perfectly with what we were looking for.

When we got our wedding photos back we were thrilled to see that she got both formal and photojournalistic style shots. It felt like we had it all.

I would highly recommend Katie to anyone looking for an affordable, professional photographer. She is definitely worth much more then we paid.

Sent on 11/11/2011

Erica · Married on 06/18/2011

We love McCory! He did an amazing job and the pictures turned out just fantastic! He ran around with us for hours and got every shot we wanted. There wasn't a bad picture in the bunch.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Cassie · Married on 07/19/2008

McCory photographed my wedding, and he did an incredible job. I couldn't be happier with the results. The photos are absolutely amazing and there are so many to choose from. So many of my friends and family have commented on what a professional job he did and on how friendly and helpful he was through the entire event.

I couldn't have chosen a better photographer and would recommend him to anyone. I will definitely use his services for future events.

Sent on 08/01/2008

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2006

McCory was great to work with! He took beautiful photos and was very affordable. He should charge much more for the quality of his work - he is a superb wedding photographer and we were 100% satisfied with his work.

Sent on 04/04/2007

Jennie · Married on 08/20/2005

Professional, personable, flexible, honest and willingness to adjust to situations at hand. Absolutely would recommend McCory or his partner Ryan. Both are great & very talented. Money is always an issue, but we were very satisfied with what got and paid for.

Sent on 04/10/2007

Laurel · Married on 06/04/2016

Katie was personable and immediately made us feel comfortable working with her. Not only did she get great shots of the scenery surrounding us, but she was very helpful in suggesting poses/positions/interactions that would photograph well and show our feelings toward each other (and not look staged). As an out-of-state bride, Elevate was really helpful throughout the process (although we weren't able to take advantage of some of components in our package since they were in-person items). Katie also knew our venue well, which was a tremendous help (especially for first look photos). We are really happy with Katie and the team and Elevate and would definitely pick them again if given the chance!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Dawn · Married on 05/02/2015

I highly recommend Elevate! Ryan and Allie did an amazing job for us! We had 30 people in our wedding party and they made it so easy to work with such a large group. Ryan stayed with me, and Allie went with the boys. We all had a blast. Ryan also did our engagement photos and made the whole experience FUN! As a whole, the company provides an "experience" from start to finish. Great communication, very professional, easy and gorgeous photos!!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/13/2014

Elevate was one of the pricier photographers that we had narrowed our list to. I am glad we chose them- our pictures were crisp, bright, and just downright stunning. They host premier party to show you engagement photos as well as one for the wedding photos. Jo was great! She made us feel at ease and really gave great pointers. We paid the travel fee to have her out in Michigan, but again we thought it was worth it!

Elevate offers the thumb drive of all of the edited photos with no watermark- they are yours! They ask you to order larger prints through them because I think it may get pixilated if you use the file they give you. I think it is fair, and worth the cost.

Sent on 10/24/2014

I loved my experience with Elevate! My husband and I worked with Jo and she was great. Everyone loved our pictures. I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 08/22/2013
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 06/23/2012

We absolutely LOVED the final look of all our wedding photos. Ryan did an amazing job capturing the story behind our wedding day beautifully. Our friends and family cannot stop raving about how gorgeous our photos look.

Sent on 08/03/2012

Colorado · Married on 05/15/2010

I would recommend Elevate Photography. We had both Ryan and Katie as our photographers and they were so great to work with. They are both very nice and really make you enjoy your day while they are taking pictures as well as make you feel comfortable. The are professional, on time, and offered to stay later at our wedding to capture a few more photos. They are very creative, which makes for some fun pictures! The quality of the pictures is very good and I cannot wait to order my enlarged photos to hang on the wall. They are a little pricey.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Andrea · Married on 06/28/2008

We worked with Ryan, McCory's less expensive counterpart. He was fantastic! Turn around was super quick and quality was great.

Sent on 07/27/2008

Ann · Married on 08/05/2006

McCory James Photographer certainly competes with the top photographers in Denver. From the very beginning, McCory was willing to listen to what we were hoping for from our photos and he was flexible right until the very end. Not only was he responsive to our needs, but it was his artistic touch and his creativity that really made our pictures exceptional. The ease of ordering pictures and ease of using his website for online viewing by family and friends was also fantastic. I was even able to help design our wedding album! I could not have been more impressed with and happy with our photos and McCory was a pleasure to work with.
    I would certainly recommend McCory James Photography to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 06/18/2007

Ashley · Married on 06/15/2008

Working with Elevate photography was a truly wonderful experience. Their photographers are professional yet understanding, and worked with every request my husband and I had. Our photographer arrived on location early, was professionally dressed, and took the most amazing photos all while remaining completely out of view. I have no idea how he took the close-ups he did during the ceremony withhout my noticing! All the photos look incredibly natural and photojounalistic, and were available for viewing online within two weeks of the wedding. I would not hesitate to recommend this photographer to my family and friends.

Sent on 05/04/2009

Danielle · Married on 08/08/2015

3.0

Wow! What great photography! Elevate Photography is awesome!!! They take amazing photos, are very professional and personable, and offer first rate customer service, . You will not regret choosing them to capture all the moments of your big day! We would definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Kevin · Married on 10/17/2015

3.0

Absolutely wonderful people throughout the whole process, I would highly recommend them for both professionalism and quality of work. Everything we hoped for without a doubt.

Sent on 01/24/2016

Camille · Married on 09/07/2012

3.5

I was told the 2 things I should not skimp on for the wedding was the DJ and the photographer. As a photographer myself I was very picky about who we were going to choose to shoot our wedding. I have one word to describe the team at elevate photography AMAZING! Ryan is an amazing photographer, and our pictures look fake they are so good. People are loving the preview the team at Elevate sent us. We also went with their "mod pod" (photo booth) GREAT IDEA! I am so excited to see our pictures and to display them all over our house. I feel elevate is a little on the expensive side but 100% worth the money. Trust me you do not want another photography company to do you photos! Check elevate out at bridal shows they always have great all inclusive deals : )

Sent on 09/23/2012

steph · Married on 08/14/2007

3.5

wonderful photographers a little over priced but good

Sent on 08/19/2008

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2008

3.0

Ryan was great! We loved our photos! He was very flexible with us and was really great to work with. It was raining all day and when it was time for pictures, the rain stopped and we got some really great photos. Ryan was especially professional and great with our families and friends. He captured our wedding day beautifully. We will defintely recommend Ryan and Elevate Photography to everyone!

Sent on 12/04/2008