Elevate Photography Reviews

126 | Englewood, CO

126 Reviews for Elevate Photography

Lindsay · Married on 08/21/2010

We are so pleased with our wedding photographs!
    Ryan shot our engagement session, and Ryan and Katie shot our wedding and reception. The photographs reflect our personal style and truly capture the magic of that day.
    The Elevate team worked with us to create a package that suited our needs, and were fun, professional, and very talented. I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/14/2010

Janet · Married on 08/20/2010

I loved working with Elevate Photography! We chose Katie as our photographer, and not only did she take really creative and amazing photos, but she was very easy to work with, had a great, fun attitude, and was very efficient! I dealt primarily with Ryan on the "business" end of things (contracts, photo gallery post-event, etc.) and he too is incredibly quick to respond to questions/concerns. I had no worries about photos on my wedding day, and now have wonderful pictures to have and share forever! A+! :)

Sent on 09/09/2010

Sara · Married on 07/24/2010

Ryan at Elevate Photography was so easy to work with and captured our wedding in a beautiful and creative way-I definitely recommend him for wedding photos! The photos he took were a great mix of standard family wedding shots and creative and artsy shots that really captured the feeling and emotions of the day. He scoped out a few spots around our ceremony/reception site and then took us there and helped us set up lovely photos. I never would have thought to go to the top of the Cherry Creek Mall parking garage, but the photos ended up being some of our best!

We never really noticed him during the ceremony and reception (in a good way!). He was able to direct our big distracted families and knock out family photos after the ceremony so we had time to mingle and hang out with our guests during the cocktail hour. Our wedding album turned out really great and I definitely recommend Ryan!

Sent on 11/20/2010

Tom · Married on 06/12/2010

I wouldn't recommend anyone other than Elevate Photography for a wedding, or any other event for that matter. We looked at a variety of photographers around Denver before hearing about Elevate Photography through a friend. I looked at their website and saw that the photos were consistently better than any of the other sites I looked at. On top of that, they were flexible and one of the most reasonably priced out there! Ryan shot our engagement and wedding photos, as well as those for several of our friends. He's always turned out a great product, and we received access to our photos in two weeks...not much more you could ask for!

If you haven't made up your mind on a photographer, give them a call and see what they have to say. Ryan was incredibly easy to work with, and we constantly get comments about how well our photos turned out.

Sent on 07/26/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/21/2010

If I had to describe Elevate Photography in a single word, it would most definitely be amazing! We started our wedding planning process about a year and a half before our May 2010 wedding. We checked out a handful of photographer referrals that we received from friends, coworkers and frankly anyone with an opinion and quickly switched focus to find a photographer that better suited our style. Elevate popped on our radar after seeing a listing a listing on a wedding website; we checked out their portfolio and the search stopped there. Elevate had everything we were looking for: fun, unique and vibrant photos; something that captured our personalities and truly showed what a fun loving couple we are. Best of all, they fit our budget (because when planning a wedding during a recession, this definitely matters).

All of the photographers at Elevate are amazingly talented. We specifically worked with Ryan, for both our engagement and wedding photos, and truly can’t say enough good things about him. We could tell from that first meeting that Ryan has a passion for both photography and working with people--we knew that we were making the right decision and wouldn’t be disappointed. Ryan without a doubt surpassed all of our expectations; he was incredibly professional, responsive, provided great feedback based on his experience and was flat out a blast to work with.

As for our pictures, they’re just incredible! There’s really no other way to describe them. They’re so far beyond what we were hoping for and it’s completely a result of Ryan’s vision and amazing talent.

If I could give the future brides and grooms any advice in planning their wedding, it would be to: a) book Elevate Photography and b) be open and willing to try anything they suggest. If you follow those two guidelines, you will definitely not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/25/2010

Michelle · Married on 02/28/2009

McCory and his team were absolutely amazing before, during and even after our wedding. The moments that he captured were priceless. I received numerous comments from other guests of how personable the entire team was throughout the wedding and everyone has absolutely loved being able to view the photos online. The pictures were loaded up in 2 weeks - right before we went on our honeymoon (as promised) :) and allowed us to relive our wedding before leaving on our vacation. I would absolutely use Elevate Photography again and have already recommended them to friends getting married. I will continue to use Elevate Photography as we continue our lives together and our family grows. Thank you all for capturing the best moments of our wedding.

Sent on 04/13/2009

Sarah · Married on 09/27/2008

We could not have been more thrilled with the outcome of our photographs. They are STUNNING!! We are so excited to show them off and have received countless comments on how great they are. Ryan and McCory were both a pleasure to work with and made the experience quite enjoyable! Looking back at the pictures from the day I'm surprised by some of them, because I had no idea either of there were there taking the moment!! Thank you so much for our lasting memories!!

Sent on 12/04/2008

April · Married on 08/23/2008

Ryan at McCory James was absolutely terrific to work with--he did a phenomenal job! We're so happy with our photographs. We purchased the package with the engagement photos so we got a chance to work with Ryan before the wedding. He is professional, fun and a talented photographer. The wedding was almost a month ago, but we can re-live it all with the terrific photographs. We couldn't be more pleased! Ryan captured our day perfectly.

Sent on 09/24/2008

Erika · Married on 08/08/2008

Ryan Erickson was the one who photographed our very special day! From the start both him and Mccory were very helpful! They both answered all of the many questions I had, after all this was one of the most important vendors, since the photographs are what we keep forever. I was able to book Ryan right away and his personality really fit mine and my husbands. The pictures that he took of our wedding are absolutely beautiful and timeless! I was very pleased with his job, and the cost wasn't bad at all. I shopped around a lot and had several meetings with photographers, but the prices they had were outrageous! I'm so glad I found Ryan because I got just what I wanted without having to break my bank account! : ) He is so awesome. On the wedding day he knew just what to do. I had 14 people in my wedding party and 300 guests and he was able to get all those special moments and get the whole wedding party together for the pictures. We had a lot of fun with him. I really recommend him! Everyone in my family as well as my husband and I are very glad we chose him as our photographer. He really gave us photos that will last for a lifetime!!

Sent on 09/15/2008

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2008

McCory was our photographer for our August 2 wedding. He spoke with me before the wedding numerous times to be sure he understood my needs and wants of my wedding day. He showed up right on time, and he was very enjoyable to be around for the pre-wedding pictures. The ideas he had for photos were unique, and I've received so many complements on the wedding set. He captured all of the most important moments of the night, as well as details that I would have missed had it not been for the pictures. His professionalism was much appreciated, and although he got around 500 pictures, I felt like I didn't see him all night. It was very apparent that he is a professional who has been doing this for a very long time, and his passion is intertwined with every picture. I would HIGHLY recommend McCory, and I plan to go back to him for all of my future pictures.

Sent on 09/16/2008

Cassie · Married on 07/19/2008

McCory did an incredible job photographing my wedding. He took unique and beautiful photographs and truly captured the spirit of the day. In addition to being professional, he was an all-around great guy. We have received many comments from family and friends about his professionalism, service and great attitude.

I couldn't have chosen a better photographer and look forward to using his services in the future.

Sent on 08/01/2008

Amanda · Married on 06/07/2008

Formerly McCory James Photography, Elevate Photography is one of Denver's best. McCory shot my brother-in-law's wedding two years prior and my husband's family was so impressed with his work. Before getting our appointments set up, I browsed through all their photographs and was amazed at the quality, attention to detail, and creativity. The pictures were amazing and McCory can make even the most regular person look elegant and beautiful.
    Every picture we got back was top quality; no "it would have been a great picture except for...". We were perfectly posed, in natural and fun ways, and McCory took a lot of spontanous pictures, too. It was definitely not the run-of-the-mill experience. The best thing was, aside from the formal pictures at the church, I never even noticed he was there. He was completely discreet and made sure to stay in the background, while capturing the best photos I've ever had. When you do meet with him or pose for any of the group pictures, he's a lot of fun & has a great personality. My photos were put online for family and friends to view and order - I didn't have to do any of it. We got a leather-bound box back with a printout of every picture, as well as a CD with all the pictures. We'll also get a wedding album with pictures that we pick - it's fantastic quality.
    Hands down, without a second thought, McCory is amazing and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/20/2009

Elitsa · Married on 07/29/2007

Absolutely amazing pictures. McCory is really good at capturing the emotions and moments that you would want to remember. We used his services for our engagement and wedding pictures. He showed up on time and acted professionally towards us and our guests. We love our candid pictures - most of the times we didn't even realize that he was making the pictures and we were pleasantly surprised to see the pictures after that.

Sent on 05/21/2008

Heidi · Married on 06/16/2007

When I began planning my wedding, the very first thing I did was make sure that McCory was available to be our photographer. He photographed my sister's wedding and I was so impressed with the quality and the uniqueness of his style, I knew that I needed him to be a part of my wedding day, as well. He arrived early to our wedding, was always professional, and perfectly captured the feeling of our special day. I would recommend McCory James Photography to any bride who wants photos that she will be proud to show her grandchildren. Thanks, McCory!

Sent on 11/10/2007

Rick · Married on 02/14/2007

this place is fantastic!! Would recommend this place to anyone--great people, professional and overall very good pictures and results that you can see.

Sent on 08/20/2007

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2006

James McCory was the Photographer for my Wedding . I really can't say enough about McCory's work. As a bride it is the most wonderful day of your life and the most stressfull. McCory came in while we were getting ready and in the midst of all the chaos he managed to capture the beauty, laughter, and excitement. And, he did it without baerly being noticed.!! The ceremony pictures were beautiful. He captured the moment with such beauty. It was as if he told a story and everyone was a part of it. When it was time to take the dreaded posed pictures he made it so much fun!! He was so creative and easy to work with. His soft spoken nature works Great with kids!! And it did not drag on and on . We were done in 35 minutes!! Our guests did not have to wait forever for the reception to start. That day goes by so fast and it is so easy to forget all the special moments . I would also like to mention that all of our pictures were on the web site in a week. All of our family were able to see the pictures and order what THEY wanted.
    Thanks McCory for all of the Wonderful memories you gave us!!!

Sent on 04/10/2007

Laura · Married on 09/09/2006

When I saw how beautifully the outdoor pictures from my brother's wedding turned out, I knew that I didn't have to look any further than McCory James Photography when I was planning my own wedding. McCory captured a fleeting rainbow in the background of their group shots, but the pictures didn't even hint that there was a highway visible from that location. I didn't have any rainbows on my wedding day, but McCory took advantage of the natural lighting to give us some stunning photographs. I loved his attention to details, the candid shots of many of our wedding guests, and how quickly I was able to view our photos online. He was always very professional and delightful to work with.

Jessica · Married on 07/29/2006

I can't tell you how happy me, my husband and my family were with the quality and professionalism of McCory James Photography. McCory is a delight to work with and captured our wedding day perfectly. My pictures were candid and unique; during the ceremony and reception you didn't even know he was there. Our photos were online within 2 weeks to share with our family and friends. I would highly recommend McCory and his team. He came to us highly recommended from other brides and he didn't disappoint!

Sent on 07/19/2007

Angie · Married on 07/22/2006

McCory photographed our July wedding in 2006. We love our photographs. We have received compliment after compliment on our entire collection of engagement and wedding photographs as well as our wedding album. McCory is very talented and creative and we would highly recommend him for your wedding experience. When we look back at our photographs he captured moments in time that we will cherish forever. We would chose him over and over again. Angie

Molly · Married on 07/08/2006

We were lucky to have many great vendors, but McCory, without question, was the best! From first meeting to photo pick-up, everything was perfect. He was so professional, but at the same time personable and down-to-earth. He captured every photo I requested and surprised me with shots that I didn't even know I wanted until I saw them. He was dressed in a suit (despite pouring rain) and did everything he had to do to get the perfect shot, while not being intrusive to anyone. He was on time and delivered everything as agreed upon. On a day like your wedding, you have nerves and stress whether you like it or not -- McCory made both me and my husband completely comfortable and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of our beautiful day. Our wedding went by at lightening speed, I was so grateful that McCory captured what I missed and had photos back to us within just a couple weeks. I can't say enough about McCory (as you can tell). You won't go wrong if you choose him to be a part of your day.

Julie · Married on 06/10/2006

McCory did an excellent job as the photographer of our wedding. We interviewed numerous photographers throughout the Denver area. It was difficult at first because this was a destination wedding (we reside in California) and we did not know who to trust - we had to rely on our instincts instead. We were lucky and had a great feeling about McCory from the start. He was trustworthy, professional, and best of all - extremely talented. It was clear from reviewing his past work (which includes photography unrelated to weddings) that he was passionate and committed. On the day of the wedding, he was a good listener, timely, and flexible with our requests. Our expectations of McCory's quality of work were met, if not exceeded, after we received the wedding prints. He captured the most intimate moments perfectly and documented the most important day of our lives with artistic expertise mixed with eyes of a journalist. It was also very easy exchanging transactions when paying for the wedding and ordering prints. If you like McCory's contemporary style, mixed with traditional aspects of wedding photography, then he is the one for you. We are sure he can execute other sytles of wedding photogaphy as well - that is how much we believe in his talents. We highly recommend McCory James Photography.

Sent on 04/07/2007

Laura · Married on 05/06/2006

I was initially attracted to McCory for both his exceptional prices and the beautiful pictures I saw on his website - the combination seemed to good to be true! However, McCory has come through on every point: from being incredibly flexible in helping us to get last-minute engagement photos to providing beautiful photos of our big day. He was very easy to work with (making the whole day a little easier), did beautiful work, and was helpful every step of the way. Our friends enjoyed using his website to check out our photos, and we enjoy the insightful pictures we recieved. Additionally, McCory truly seemed to enjoy being at our wedding and doing our photos, which made it all more fun. I have recommended McCory to everyone I can!

Sent on 04/08/2007

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2005

Using McCory James was a wonderful experience for us. The pictures are really the most important part of remembering your day and he did such a great job of capturing the day with an artistic touch. He was so user friendly the whole day and never had to worry about the part of the wedding.

Sent on 04/04/2007

Caroline · Married on 09/04/2005

McCory was very professional and provided my husband and I with photos that truly captured how special our day was. Our wedding album is truly unique and everyone we shared it with was more than impressed with his creativity and skill and only wished their wedding day could have been captured in the way that ours was.

Sent on 04/06/2007

Melodee · Married on 07/17/2005

McCory was the best vendor we had at our wedding. His photojournalistic style was unique and original. His pictures beautifully captured our special day, and his demeanor was relaxed and very professional. Even when my scheduled picture times kind of fell apart due to our ceremony running over what we expected, McCory was there to provide ideas and feedback, and he didn't miss a beat. He was full of helpful advice and squeezed all we needed to get done into our time. He was never in the way or never bothersome to the guests. He provided us with the most beautiful pictures from our wedding, and his services were worth every penny. In fact, I've referred several friends and family members to him since because I was SO happy. Thanks a lot, McCory!!

Sent on 04/04/2007