Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria Reviews

63 Reviews for Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

63 Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria Reviews

Montana · Married on 05/19/2018

We are so happy about our ceremony and cocktail hour music with Miguel. Everyone thought he was amazing! Beautiful music!

• Krista

Krista · Married on 04/15/2018

If there was any way to make the Royal Palms any more enchanting - than I highly suggest that you hire Miguel. My husband and I knew from the start we wanted some form of acoustic music for our ceremony and reception. Being that my hubby is Latino and I grew up traveling to Mexico every summer, we knew it would be Spanish guitar. Miguel came highly-recommended from both our wedding planner and several DJs we were prospecting. He clearly has a great name here in the Valley for his work and it's much deserved. I am beyond pleased with the ambiance he created which completely fulfilled our wedding vision (romantic, boho-chic). Thank you, Miguel. I want to get married again so we can hear your beautiful melodies. <3 Perhaps an anniversary gift to ourselves.

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria 1
    Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria 2

Thank you! :)

Kira · Married on 03/30/2018

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Miguel de Maria for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! Miguel is friendly, professional, and responsive, and wildly talented. His beautiful Spanish guitar added such a special, romantic touch to our wedding. I highly recommend Elegant Spanish Guitar to all and for any type of event (especially a wedding).

Sent on 04/27/2018

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thanks, Kira! It was an honor to play at your wedding, and you were truly a pleasure to work with. Best wishes!

Jason · Married on 11/04/2017

We are so glad we hired Miguel to play during guests' arrival, our ceremony and the cocktail hour that followed. He learned the song we specially requested for the ceremony and played it beautifully. His cocktail hour songs were the perfect complement and helped set the tone. His rates were fair and he is just a genuinely good and easygoing person who was easy to work with during the stressful planning phase. We cannot recommend Miguel highly enough.

Emmy · Married on 10/29/2017

Miguel recently played during the ceremony and cocktail hour at my wedding at the Royal Palms. From the very start, Miguel was responsive, professional, and extremely talented. He was so easy to work with, and added such a special touch to my wedding day! His music is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much Miguel for being apart of my wedding day!

Shelley · Married on 10/07/2017

Miguel was wonderful to work with - going above and beyond to meet our needs. He was very accommodating agreeing to learn new songs, without hesitation. He even agreed to sing one of the songs, even though he doesn't generally sing.

His music was perfect for our wedding and we were very happy with the service he provided. We would recommend him to anyone else who was looking for a Spanish guitar player for their wedding or event.

Thanks, Miguel. We are very happy we selected you for our wedding.

Shelley & Marty

Brent · Married on 09/23/2017

Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Miguel made our wedding even more enjoyable. He was professional, helpful, timely, and well worth the money. I highly recommend him for any event. Thanks Miguel!

Nina · Married on 04/22/2017

Miguel was great, very polished touch to our wedding ceremony and reception at the Montelucia! Easy to work with and very talented. We would recommend him in a heartbeat. Our guests thought he looked cool too:)

Sent on 04/25/2017

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Wow, thanks Nina! Good to know they thought I looked cool. :)

Monique · Married on 04/15/2017

Miguel was great during our multicultural wedding ceremony and did sound for your family who sang and played the guitar. 5 stars!

erin · Married on 03/18/2017

Miguel was AMAZING. He is such a talented musician. He did all of the ceremonial music, which was beautiful. He also did the cocktail hour music. It was SO entertaining and impressive. I am so glad I chose him.

Sent on 04/23/2017

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Hi Erin, thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed playing for your ceremony!

Amanda · Married on 03/11/2017

Miguel played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was wonderful to work with, quickly responds to questions, and is so talented! You will not regret having him play at your wedding!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Amanda, thanks for your kind words! It was an honor :)

Teri · Married on 01/21/2017

We hired Miguel for our ceremony and cocktail hour entertainment. He was very easy to work with, he was responsive, punctual, professional, and (most of importantly) played beautifully. It was also a cold and almost rainy day for a wedding, but he came prepared for that as well! If you are looking for a guitarist, Miguel is your man!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review!

Alissa · Married on 11/26/2016

Miguel was amazing and everyone loved him. It was so nice to work with him. I live in another country and he made it so easy to plan for the music and when the big day finally arrived I knew it was going to be perfect. He was really helpful in figuring out music choices and was able to play my favorite song when I walked down the aisle. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thanks Alissa! It was a pleasure driving down to Tucson for your wedding. I remember when you first contacted me, I was in Hawaii and you were in Asia and your wedding was to be in Arizona. :)

Stacey · Married on 10/19/2016

Miguel played our event at The Wright House in Mesa, AZ in October 2016. Our entire experience (from booking, to billing, to communication, to the event performace) was top notch. He played Spanish Guitar for our garden party event and was the highlight to our elegant evening. Miguel understood crowd demeanor and event-flow cues without me having to instruct him, knowing exactly when to break for toasts, speeches, and presentations seamlessly. I can't wait to have him at another event because the background ambiance he provided elevated our event, helping make it the talk of the town.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thanks Stacey, you guys were very nice folks and fun to play for!
  • W

wendy · Married on 10/09/2016

I can’t say enough great things about Miguel. We got married in Desert Mountain in Scottsdale and their event people highly recommended him. I live in Colorado so I wasn’t able to meet him but he was always very responsive, sent me some samples of his music and I was sold!- We chose what we wanted him to play for different parts of the ceremony, cocktail hour and part of the dinner. All our guests were wowed! I can’t thank him enough for being such a professional and for making our wedding such a special, fun and elegant event.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thank you Wendy! It was a pleasure to be part of the wedding!

Cathy · Married on 12/19/2015

My dream was to have live music played prior to the wedding ceremony and during the reception. Miguel was perfect. He is so talented and professional. He quickly responds to any questions that you might have. He arrives early and is a joy to work with. He created such an elegant atmosphere with his music I had wanted a certain song played that wasn't in Miguel's repertoire and that he likes several weeks to learn it. With only a weeks notice, Miguel played our song as we were pronounced husband and wife! What a gift! All our guests were very impressed with him. He is a gem.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thank you for the review and it was an honor to play at your wedding. Keep in touch!
  • User6111992 · 2+ years ago

Miguel provided the ceremony music for our December 5, 2015 wedding at The Hermosa Inn. From our first contact, Miguel was a delight to work with and he even learned a few special songs for us! On the day of our wedding, Miguel was prompt on arrival and his music was beautiful!! We would highly recommend Miguel for any event.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, it was an honor to play at your wedding. Best wishes to you!

Kelsy · Married on 11/20/2015

Miguel plays Beautiful music and is very Talented! He is so nice to work with. He really added a special touch to our wedding and we would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a guitar player. Thank you Miguel!!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Thank you, Kelsy!

Katelyn · Married on 09/05/2015

Miguel is absolutely fantastic! We hired him to play for our rehearsal dinner and are so glad we did. He is extremely professional, emails back quickly and is very flexible. He is also extremely talented. We will hire Miguel at all future parties we host and would recommend him to absolutely everyone!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Katelyn, thank you for having me. It was my pleasure and hope to see you soon!

Miguel was great. He provided the music for our brunch reception and he created the perfect ambiance. I would recommend Miguel to anyone who wants sophisticated, professional and beautiful guitar music for any event!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Thank you, Keiya!

Mary · Married on 03/22/2015

Miguel did a fantastic job at our wedding and was great to communicate with beforehand. I didn't even meet him in person or hear him play until the wedding day, and he was as perfect as I hoped he would be. My only regret is not being able to listen more to him during cocktail hour (I was off doing photos)! Beautiful music and knows what he's doing.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thank you, Mary, it was an honor.

This review is a long time coming. Miguel provided music back in February for an 80th birthday party we held for my Mother-in-Law in Sun City Az. Miguel is the consummate professional - answers inquiries fast, reasonable prices, shows up on time, dresses superbly, is courteous, and above all else is an excellent musician. We ended up purchasing one of his CD's for my Mother-in-Law who in turn bought me a CD from Miguel's web site for my last birthday! If you're on the fence about hiring him do not hesitate!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thank you! I remember that party and your mother-in-law. You and your family was very hospitable!

Megan · Married on 04/19/2014

Miguel was a dream to work with. He set the perfect stage for our intimate, chic wedding. We personalized our song list, choosing from his extensive selection, and requested a song of our choice, accompanied by a singer, to walk down the aisle. He was incredibly flexible, walked us through every detail and was a true professional. We would recommend Miguel for any occasion and our guests truly enjoyed his service and talents.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Elegant Spanish Guitar, Miguel de Maria's reply:

Thanks for the kind words and best wishes to you and Manh!

Annette · Married on 11/23/2013

Miguel added such a beautiful touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour! We had so many compliments on the music and the unique aspect of having the spanish quitar instead of something else. Miguel was friendly, well priced and very easy to work with, he even learned 2 new songs at our request! I would highly recommend him!

Casey · Married on 11/23/2013

Miguel provided beautiful music for both our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Obviously he plays Spanish guitar beautifully -- I even purchased one of his CDs months ahead of time to play as background music at the bridal shower, etc. His professionalism was truly appreciated; each phone call/email were a breeze.
    In terms of "flexibility," we basically had to tell him that we didn't know if he would be playing inside/outside, what would be available to him or anything else that he may have wanted to know ahead of time because the days leading up to our wedding were full of rain. We were moving on to "plan D" the morning of the wedding. Miguel told us not to worry and he made it work when he got there that day.
    Miguel was never a vendor that we had to worry about. I would recommend his services to anyone looking for classy, professional, quality entertainment. Having him play at our wedding was very special to us and we only wish that we had gotten to sit down during cocktail hour to listen to him more ourselves!