Elegant Music Group Reviews

Elegant Music Group 6
Elegant Music Group 7

Shane McDonough · Married on 02/23/2019

Best DJ You Could Ask For

It's pretty simple, if you want a wedding that is fun call Tommy. From start to finish he was not only one of the most responsible vendors we ever dealt with but was one of the easiest to work with as well. Whether you have a vision for your wedding or not he will make it happen. We had an absolute blast at our wedding and have received the best feedback from friends and family regarding how much fun the wedding was and how they couldn't help themselves from being on the dance floor all night. Thank you to Tommy and the entire Elegant Music Group for making our wedding night the best we will never forget. - Shane and Kim

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/22/2019

Don't bother going anywhere else!

I can't take credit for finding them; they came recommended by the venue. But boy am I glad they did! Matty made this whole process pain free and went above and beyond to make it the best night ever. I am very Type A and love lists. I am so grateful for his level of patience with my constant emails and texts. He was always available, weekday or weekend. He had great suggestions and saw my vision perfectly. He stuck to the genres, songs, and requests my husband and I had. *Disclaimer* my side of the family is Colombian, and it is hard to find someone who knows to split the music fairly between both sides of the family. He played enough music for my husband's Italian side, my Colombian side, for the kids to have fun, and to make it a memorable night overall. Matty and the whole EMG team... thank you all! *PS* we also had the photobooth through them and it has a huge hit!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Jen · Married on 02/17/2019

Best dj ever!

Alex and I got so LUCKY with EMG and Bryan, they made planning this part of our wedding so easy! My friends and I love to dance (who doesn't) but picking songs that I thought everyone would enjoy was tough for me, luckily Bryan had charts and suggestions handy to make sure everyone got on the dance floor at the wedding. Alex and I opted for a simple set up Cermony DJ, Reception DJ and open air Photobooth. He was such a huge help in planning our timeline. Like any bride I was anxious and worried that things would go wrong and working with Bryan and EMG in the week before and day of our wedding made all my fears subside. At one point in the night I was looking for something and our photo booth attendant went out of her way to help me, everyone from EMG just really cares and wants to make your big day special! All of our guests raved about the music and DJ the next morning at brunch, its very evident by our pictures everyone had a great time at the wedding and that is due in large part to Bryan and his coworkers at EMG!

Sent on 04/26/2019

Michaela · Married on 02/15/2019

Excellent!

Matty and the rest of the EMG team were amazing throughout the entire wedding planning process. They are very flexible with scheduling appointments and they are genuinely as excited for your big day as you are! They take the time to get to know your music styles before the event and the dance floor was never empty. The entire reception ran smoothly from start to finish all thanks to Matty. If you're looking for a good time, look no further than EMG!

Sent on 02/23/2019
  • Michael

Michael Fitzgerald · Married on 02/15/2019

Best party of our lives!

Bryan absolutely killed it all night! Empty seats and a packed dance floor. His timing and selection of songs was on point the entire night. We received rave reviews how insanely fun the night was and how awesome the DJ was. “Best DJ we have ever heard” Highly recommend EMG!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Desiree · Married on 01/19/2019

Best party ever!

Matty and his team were amazing! I honestly did not even expect my family & friends to dance as much as they did. Before we were even announced, people were on the dance floor! We had the the dancing on the clouds effect, which looks amazing in photos. Matty checked in with us all night to make sure we were happy with how everything was going. He really did an awesome job. Thank you Matty & the EMG team for making our wedding day the best day ever!

Sent on 03/30/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/31/2018

They are the best!!!

We can’t even begin to tell you how amazing our wedding was thanks to Bryan Festa and the rest of his team that made our wedding the most amazing party!!!!!! From the first conversation I had with Bryan he really made my experience seamless. He was beyond professional and talented. We immediately trusted him and knew he was going to put on an incredible party. We did the DJ /Band combo..... and got married on NYE. I highly recommend it. Out of this world good! I still have people calling me up to tell me how amazing our music was. Bryan was our DJ and literally helped me the entire process and assured me that it would be awesome and that it was. He worked with the band to give them direction as to what we were looking for and they blew our minds. The band was absolutely incredible. It was the best best best vibe all night! From the cocktail hour trio music, DJ/ band combo, to the first dance snow fall and the midnight confetti blast! Let’s not forget the awesome mirror photo booth. Best group ever.

We danced the night away and so did ever guest there!

We are so sad the wedding is over because we are going to miss working with Bryan and the excellent team there that treated us like family. Bryan went above and beyond to help us all along the way. He even helped me with my church music coordination and we were using the music performers from our church not elegant music group but because he knew a little more they did some digging and helped answer some of my questions for me and didn’t have to do that at all. Cheers to you guys for that!

We love you all and can’t thank you enough!!!

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Elegant Music Group 21
  • Taylor

Taylor Tremonte Selser · Married on 12/31/2018

So much fun with emg!

Obsessed! I sat down for a quick dinner and was on that dance floor the whole night! Tom and the team killed it, we had all different types of music playing but Tom suggested to mix in some throw backs and our guests went crazy for them during our after party! I love meeting with Tom in our in-person meeting before the big day (he was so so organized) and having him get to know us and our music style because he really delivered on the day of! The best man speech quickly turned into a flash mob dance with our friends and family getting up all doing a choreographed dance and the team was on it and dropped the music perfectly!! They were so easy to work with! We had confetti at midnight for our NYE wedding, fake for our first dance, and a photo-booth! Loved working with them, can’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Elegant Music Group 29
    Elegant Music Group 30

Kimberly Pappas · Married on 12/15/2018

Must hire dj

THE BEST DJ EXPERIENCE EVER. My husband and I met Tom at a bridal showcase at our venue and instantly loved him. He was so calm, really wanted to hear what we had to say and drew us right in from the start. We had a follow-up phone call with him and cancelled all of our other phone calls with other prospective DJs. He listened to every thing we wanted our wedding to be and we knew we were good to go. We had two follow-up calls/meetings with him and again, felt so comfortable after each discussion. THE WEDDING WAS AMAZING. All of our guests came up to us after screaming accolades of the DJ. Tom did everything we asked for and more. He did not play once song from our 'do not playlist' and played everything we asked him to play. We even had him survey the crowd and play certain genres based on how many people were sitting (if any) and how the crowd reacted to each song. We loved working with Tom - he made our wedding any unforgettable night, truly incredible. We recommend EMG to ANYONE looking to have a wedding / party for all of your family and friends. It was more than we could have ever asked for!! Thank you Tom!!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Brittny

Brittny · Married on 12/15/2018

Awesome DJs with Outgoing Personalities!

We were married on December 15th, 2018 and we highly recommend Elegant Music Group, especially our DJs Bryan and Mike! We met with Bryan a few times before our wedding and he was awesome to work with. Very personable with a super outgoing personality. As soon as we met him we knew we found out DJ from the energy we felt!

We were told during and after our reception by so many of our guests that they loved the music and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Our guests have so many different music tastes, but Bryan and Mike found the best music to get everyone up and dancing. We had a blast and so did our guests!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Brian Boisier · Married on 12/08/2018

Awesome in every way

EMG absolutely CRUSHED our wedding. Most - if not all - of our attendees told us how much they loved the music, and we couldn't agree more. They were extremely easy to work with, very professional, and quite honestly, really cool guys. We worked with Brian, and we can't say enough good things. We would recommend EMG 100%.
    We don't have one negative thing to say, and they are a big reason why our wedding was a success.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 12/01/2018

Bottom line: AMAZING!

THANK YOU CITYSCAPE! My husband and I were married at Seaview Hotel in Galloway, NJ on 12/1/18. It was more than anything we could have hoped it would be - mainly because of CityScape! Mike Salpaugh, the band leader, was incredibly professional and helped us plan out the perfect evening from start to finish. He really made the experience very positive and easy for us. We saw CityScape first at one of their showcases and knew instantly that we were going to book them. We had a meeting with Mark - the owner of EMG - in their Montclair office shortly after (a beautiful space, by the way!) and set everything up. A few weeks prior to the wedding, we discussed details with Mike and were amazed at how easily all of our special requests were met. The day of was truly spectacular! From the beautiful renditions during the ceremony and the cocktail hour to the absolute party at the reception. Our guests loved that the guitarists actually came down into the crowd and jammed out! Both singers have stunning voices, and there was a wide variety of songs played. We really could not have asked for a more amazing experience. If you want to have the party of a lifetime, BOOK CITYSCAPE!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 11/21/2018

Totally Customizable Wedding Experience with EMG

Our wedding was 11/21/2018 at The Park Savoy and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ than Elegant Music Group. As Montclair locals, my husband and I had heard nothing but great things about EMG, so we decided to meet with them at their office on Church Street. We first met with Tom Gambuzza, a partner/DJ/event host. Tom greeted us like we were long time friends, made us feel comfortable and welcome while we discussed party packages and price options. Tom is incredibly knowledgable and stands behind everything EMG has to offer. They were completely willing to work with us and stayed well within our budget. I'm pretty sure we signed a contract at that first meeting! Over the next few months, we met with Tom a few times, but each time was brief and very productive.

Our guest makeup was a mix of late 20s/early 30s friends and late 50s/early 60s family members. We wanted to have a party playlist that would accommodate our guests of all ages and Tom completely nailed it. We had an absolute BLAST at our wedding. EMG put together songs that felt like they were made just for our day. We also opted in for a monogram and photo booth and all of our guests absolutely loved both.

I can't recommend EMG enough - they were everything we asked for and more!

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Elegant Music Group 31

Rebecca · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing from start to finish!

We had such a great experience working with Elegant Music Group and Tom specifically. He was so easy to work with and really took the time to get to know us to make sure he understood our vision for the big day. People are continuing to rave about his music selection!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Dana

Dana Kline · Married on 11/16/2018

Can't recommend Bryan and EMG enough!

We had Bryan DJ at our wedding in November 2018. He couldn't have been any easier to work with. We spoke initially about a year prior to the wedding. I spoke to a few other DJ options but knew immediately that EMG would be the best choice.
    We had another phone call and a FaceTime meeting closer to the wedding (you can meet in person if you'd prefer), and my husband and I filled out a couple of packets of music preferences. From there, I left everything in Bryan's hands and he did not disappoint!
    I had multiple wedding guests approach me during and after the wedding to say how great he was. They asked how many songs I had pre-selected and were so surprised to find out it was only a few. He really knew how to read the room and play music that kept everyone up and dancing all night long.
    I would recommend EMG and specifically Bryan to anyone who was in need of a DJ.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Taylor Howe · Married on 11/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing

I am beyond happy we decided to go with Elegant Music Group!!!!! They were on point all night, everyone absolutely loved them. Bryan and Matty did an amazing job!! I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a Dj.

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/10/2018

Emg nailed it

I’m not sure my review would do justice to how awesome and easy it was to work with Bryan at EMG, but the bottom line is (1) we booked Bryan because we attended a friend’s wedding where he DJ’d and we never left the dance floor and (2) our friends literally just booked Bryan for their wedding next December after dancing the night away at ours.

The details if you need more reason to book EMG:
    As we started researching DJs, we thought about the weddings where we had the best time on the dance floor and reached out to our friends for recommendations. We had conversations with one or two other DJs and it wasn’t clicking for us. Then we had our first phone conversation with Bryan at EMG it just clicked. It was an easy decision to book Bryan, which was made almost instantly after we hung up the phone. The team at EMG made the planning process easy with worksheets to help narrow in on our likes & dislikes, must haves and do not play lists. The in-person finals meeting solidified we had the right guy to execute our reception vision of dance party USA / late 90s, early 00’s college party.
    And Bryan NAILED it the night of. He respected our wishes in terms of the “do not play” list and kindly dismissed any song requests that didn’t fit into our vision. I got amazing feedback from our guests. We had a few “amateur” DJs in attendance who commented on the mixing of the songs, especially that each song led perfectly into the next without skipping a beat or a moment of silence. Another guest almost never left the dance floor that the soles of his Cole Haan shoes almost completely separated from the shoe itself.

I only have 2 complaints:
    (1) He played one song that I was just like, “Really? This songs sucks, who requested this? Kick them out!”
    But as soon as I walked over to the booth at the next opportunity it was gone and an even better song had more people on the dance floor.
    (2) The set list was so good, I never wanted to leave the dance floor which meant my opportunities to use the ladies room or visit with guests off the dance floor was nearly impossible. (OK, so not really a major issue, but you can never give someone a 10/10).

*do note that in exchange for this review I demanded our playlist because it was just so amazing I want to use it while at the gym, working around the house or hosting a smaller dance party at home.

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Renae

Renae · Married on 11/03/2018

The most epic party!

I am SO glad we inquired and booked EMG!!! So professional, knowledgeable, and so great to work with! Everyone on their team was amazing that we corresponded with, Bryan, Michelle and our course our DJ Matty G. After the initial meeting before booking and the meeting with our DJ after booking, we knew we were in AMAZING hands with people who knew how to throw great parties based on our guests' vibes and not a jersey shore night club. I didn't have to worry at all and it was totally stress-free the whole time. Matty G did an amazing job as our DJ!!!!! We got married on 11/3/18 at the Park Savoy and our family and friends are still talking about how packed the dance floor was THE WHOLE NIGHT and how great the music was. Truly the best party ever!!! Exactly what we had envisioned and Matty was even able to battle the Viennese dessert room because there was still people on the dance floor during that time! I would chose EMG and Matty as our DJ again and AGAIN! RECOMMENDING TO EVERYONE!! 😊

Sent on 11/28/2018

kylie · Married on 11/03/2018

Truly Fantastic!

CityScape & The Park Avenue Horns performed at our wedding on November 3, 2018, and they truly made our celebration into the ultimate party! Our guests were dancing nonstop and have been continuously telling us even to this day how fantastic the band was! Even before we saw them in person, we came across a video of CityScape and saw how special they are! They were so easy to work with- Mike was so accommodating and truly helped tailor the day and music to exactly what we were looking for! EMG also provided ceremony music (with songs we requested) as well as a DJ for our after party! CityScape, The Park Avenue Horns and EMG truly helped to make our day so magical, and we recommend them for any event!

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Mindo · Married on 11/02/2018

EMG nailed it!

I cannot thank Tommy and the rest of the EMG team for making our wedding day so much fun! They were so helpful during the planning process and made our vision come to a reality on the day of. Everything was perfect from the ceremony music to the last song that played! Tommy’s energy was phenomenal and kept the party going all night. They had to kick us off the dance floor! And the photo booth was a huge hit! The booklet they made and gave us containing everyone’s photos was so sweet and such an amazing memory to hold on to. We are truly blessed to have had EMG be a part of our perfect day!

Sent on 02/16/2019
    Elegant Music Group 32
    Elegant Music Group 33
    Elegant Music Group 34

Jeff Peterson · Married on 11/02/2018

Top Notch Professionals

My wife and I had selected EMG for our wedding last fall -- and we were incredibly happy with our choice! Bryan worked with us several months prior to the Big Day in selecting the music and creating a playlist that was perfect for us. During the reception, both Bryan and Frank did a fantastic job in keeping the party going, looking after my bride and me, and above all else, played an amazing set during our reception. Many of our friends complimented us on the music. We give kudos to Bryan, Frank, and EMG for helping to put it all together!

Sent on 02/22/2019
  • Kath

Kath C · Married on 11/01/2018

Phenomenal experience!

Michael and the CityScape band helped to make my wedding personalized and fun! They allowed my brother to have a position in the band so he could play our first dance on his guitar. Michael asked me questions to make sure we had the perfect evening.
    Our guests had the best time. Some of them said the band was so talented, -especially the solos, that they felt like they were at a concert!

My husband and I appreciate your personal detail and making sure everyone had a great time!

We most definitely recommend CityScape!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Elegant Music Group's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Kathleen! All the best to you and Steve! -Michael, CityScape & The Park Avenue Horns
  • Emily

Emily Michelle · Married on 10/21/2018

Cityscape was amazing!

We were initially drawn to using EMG because of how helpful and genuine Mark was in guiding us! Once he recommended that we see the bands live at a bar (which many companies dont give you the chance to do) we then fell in love with Cityscape. Their energy and talent was undeniable. Mike, the bandleader, was a pleasure to work with and listened to all of our requests and was a great MC too! The band learned all of the songs we wanted for specific dances plus more and sounded like theyve done them forever. Our guests are still talking about how amazing they were at our wedding. Not only were they fun, energetic, and sounded great, but they joined in on the party! Every member, including the horns, was seen at some point on dance floor, getting the crowd pumped up and keeping the energy going. It was truely a magical night and we owe it to Cityscape!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Elegant Music Group's reply:

What a crowd! What a party! Thanks for the kind words, Emily. We look forward to hanging with you again at our showcases. See you soon. -Mike

Megan Julian · Married on 10/19/2018

Wedding 10/19/18

We used EMG for our wedding on 10/19/18 and they were beyond amazing! Our DJ was Bryan and he was fantastic throughout the entire process. He arrived very early the day of the wedding to set up and ensure everything was perfect. He listened to every single song request we had given to him prior to the wedding and made them all flow together for a wonderful combination of oldies, motown, pop, country, hip-hop, etc. He kept the songs changing frequently enough that you never got sick of what was playing. EVERYONE was up dancing. Even the guests who swore they weren’t dancers could not resist dancing. Our guests have been commenting on the music and what a fantastic job Bryan did. One of my main concerns was having music that appealed to people of all generations and kept people on their feet. Bryan managed to created the perfect mix and exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 10/31/2018

John Rummo · Married on 10/19/2018

10/10 Amazing

My Wife and I worked with Matt G at EMG, he was ultra responsive throughout the planning process, friendly, and knew our venue like the back of his hand! He was a great MC, controlled night, but also let everyone hang as well. Everything went 100% smooth from our ceremony, to cocktail hour, all the way to the end of the night. He had everyone on the dance floor and worked with us throughout the night to ensure that the mood, schedule, and sound track was perfect.

10/10 DJ and MC.