Elegant Music Group Reviews

Elegant Music Group 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/31/2018

They are the best!!!

We can’t even begin to tell you how amazing our wedding was thanks to Bryan Festa and the rest of his team that made our wedding the most amazing party!!!!!! From the first conversation I had with Bryan he really made my experience seamless. He was beyond professional and talented. We immediately trusted him and knew he was going to put on an incredible party. We did the DJ /Band combo..... and got married on NYE. I highly recommend it. Out of this world good! I still have people calling me up to tell me how amazing our music was. Bryan was our DJ and literally helped me the entire process and assured me that it would be awesome and that it was. He worked with the band to give them direction as to what we were looking for and they blew our minds. The band was absolutely incredible. It was the best best best vibe all night! From the cocktail hour trio music, DJ/ band combo, to the first dance snow fall and the midnight confetti blast! Let’s not forget the awesome mirror photo booth. Best group ever.

We danced the night away and so did ever guest there!

We are so sad the wedding is over because we are going to miss working with Bryan and the excellent team there that treated us like family. Bryan went above and beyond to help us all along the way. He even helped me with my church music coordination and we were using the music performers from our church not elegant music group but because he knew a little more they did some digging and helped answer some of my questions for me and didn’t have to do that at all. Cheers to you guys for that!

We love you all and can’t thank you enough!!!

Elegant Music Group 8
    Elegant Music Group 20
    Elegant Music Group 21

Kimberly Pappas · Married on 12/15/2018

Must hire dj

THE BEST DJ EXPERIENCE EVER. My husband and I met Tom at a bridal showcase at our venue and instantly loved him. He was so calm, really wanted to hear what we had to say and drew us right in from the start. We had a follow-up phone call with him and cancelled all of our other phone calls with other prospective DJs. He listened to every thing we wanted our wedding to be and we knew we were good to go. We had two follow-up calls/meetings with him and again, felt so comfortable after each discussion. THE WEDDING WAS AMAZING. All of our guests came up to us after screaming accolades of the DJ. Tom did everything we asked for and more. He did not play once song from our 'do not playlist' and played everything we asked him to play. We even had him survey the crowd and play certain genres based on how many people were sitting (if any) and how the crowd reacted to each song. We loved working with Tom - he made our wedding any unforgettable night, truly incredible. We recommend EMG to ANYONE looking to have a wedding / party for all of your family and friends. It was more than we could have ever asked for!! Thank you Tom!!

• Brittny

Brittny · Married on 12/15/2018

Awesome DJs with Outgoing Personalities!

We were married on December 15th, 2018 and we highly recommend Elegant Music Group, especially our DJs Bryan and Mike! We met with Bryan a few times before our wedding and he was awesome to work with. Very personable with a super outgoing personality. As soon as we met him we knew we found out DJ from the energy we felt!

We were told during and after our reception by so many of our guests that they loved the music and the dance floor was packed the whole night! Our guests have so many different music tastes, but Bryan and Mike found the best music to get everyone up and dancing. We had a blast and so did our guests!

Brian Boisier · Married on 12/08/2018

Awesome in every way

EMG absolutely CRUSHED our wedding. Most - if not all - of our attendees told us how much they loved the music, and we couldn't agree more. They were extremely easy to work with, very professional, and quite honestly, really cool guys. We worked with Brian, and we can't say enough good things. We would recommend EMG 100%.
    We don't have one negative thing to say, and they are a big reason why our wedding was a success.

• Laura

Laura · Married on 12/01/2018

Bottom line: AMAZING!

THANK YOU CITYSCAPE! My husband and I were married at Seaview Hotel in Galloway, NJ on 12/1/18. It was more than anything we could have hoped it would be - mainly because of CityScape! Mike Salpaugh, the band leader, was incredibly professional and helped us plan out the perfect evening from start to finish. He really made the experience very positive and easy for us. We saw CityScape first at one of their showcases and knew instantly that we were going to book them. We had a meeting with Mark - the owner of EMG - in their Montclair office shortly after (a beautiful space, by the way!) and set everything up. A few weeks prior to the wedding, we discussed details with Mike and were amazed at how easily all of our special requests were met. The day of was truly spectacular! From the beautiful renditions during the ceremony and the cocktail hour to the absolute party at the reception. Our guests loved that the guitarists actually came down into the crowd and jammed out! Both singers have stunning voices, and there was a wide variety of songs played. We really could not have asked for a more amazing experience. If you want to have the party of a lifetime, BOOK CITYSCAPE!

• Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 11/21/2018

Totally Customizable Wedding Experience with EMG

Our wedding was 11/21/2018 at The Park Savoy and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ than Elegant Music Group. As Montclair locals, my husband and I had heard nothing but great things about EMG, so we decided to meet with them at their office on Church Street. We first met with Tom Gambuzza, a partner/DJ/event host. Tom greeted us like we were long time friends, made us feel comfortable and welcome while we discussed party packages and price options. Tom is incredibly knowledgable and stands behind everything EMG has to offer. They were completely willing to work with us and stayed well within our budget. I'm pretty sure we signed a contract at that first meeting! Over the next few months, we met with Tom a few times, but each time was brief and very productive.

Our guest makeup was a mix of late 20s/early 30s friends and late 50s/early 60s family members. We wanted to have a party playlist that would accommodate our guests of all ages and Tom completely nailed it. We had an absolute BLAST at our wedding. EMG put together songs that felt like they were made just for our day. We also opted in for a monogram and photo booth and all of our guests absolutely loved both.

I can't recommend EMG enough - they were everything we asked for and more!

Elegant Music Group 22

Rebecca · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing from start to finish!

We had such a great experience working with Elegant Music Group and Tom specifically. He was so easy to work with and really took the time to get to know us to make sure he understood our vision for the big day. People are continuing to rave about his music selection!

• Dana

Dana Kline · Married on 11/16/2018

Can't recommend Bryan and EMG enough!

We had Bryan DJ at our wedding in November 2018. He couldn't have been any easier to work with. We spoke initially about a year prior to the wedding. I spoke to a few other DJ options but knew immediately that EMG would be the best choice.
    We had another phone call and a FaceTime meeting closer to the wedding (you can meet in person if you'd prefer), and my husband and I filled out a couple of packets of music preferences. From there, I left everything in Bryan's hands and he did not disappoint!
    I had multiple wedding guests approach me during and after the wedding to say how great he was. They asked how many songs I had pre-selected and were so surprised to find out it was only a few. He really knew how to read the room and play music that kept everyone up and dancing all night long.
    I would recommend EMG and specifically Bryan to anyone who was in need of a DJ.

Taylor Howe · Married on 11/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing

I am beyond happy we decided to go with Elegant Music Group!!!!! They were on point all night, everyone absolutely loved them. Bryan and Matty did an amazing job!! I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a Dj.

Alyssa · Married on 11/10/2018

Emg nailed it

I’m not sure my review would do justice to how awesome and easy it was to work with Bryan at EMG, but the bottom line is (1) we booked Bryan because we attended a friend’s wedding where he DJ’d and we never left the dance floor and (2) our friends literally just booked Bryan for their wedding next December after dancing the night away at ours.

The details if you need more reason to book EMG:
    As we started researching DJs, we thought about the weddings where we had the best time on the dance floor and reached out to our friends for recommendations. We had conversations with one or two other DJs and it wasn’t clicking for us. Then we had our first phone conversation with Bryan at EMG it just clicked. It was an easy decision to book Bryan, which was made almost instantly after we hung up the phone. The team at EMG made the planning process easy with worksheets to help narrow in on our likes & dislikes, must haves and do not play lists. The in-person finals meeting solidified we had the right guy to execute our reception vision of dance party USA / late 90s, early 00’s college party.
    And Bryan NAILED it the night of. He respected our wishes in terms of the “do not play” list and kindly dismissed any song requests that didn’t fit into our vision. I got amazing feedback from our guests. We had a few “amateur” DJs in attendance who commented on the mixing of the songs, especially that each song led perfectly into the next without skipping a beat or a moment of silence. Another guest almost never left the dance floor that the soles of his Cole Haan shoes almost completely separated from the shoe itself.

I only have 2 complaints:
    (1) He played one song that I was just like, “Really? This songs sucks, who requested this? Kick them out!”
    But as soon as I walked over to the booth at the next opportunity it was gone and an even better song had more people on the dance floor.
    (2) The set list was so good, I never wanted to leave the dance floor which meant my opportunities to use the ladies room or visit with guests off the dance floor was nearly impossible. (OK, so not really a major issue, but you can never give someone a 10/10).

*do note that in exchange for this review I demanded our playlist because it was just so amazing I want to use it while at the gym, working around the house or hosting a smaller dance party at home.

• Renae

Renae · Married on 11/03/2018

The most epic party!

I am SO glad we inquired and booked EMG!!! So professional, knowledgeable, and so great to work with! Everyone on their team was amazing that we corresponded with, Bryan, Michelle and our course our DJ Matty G. After the initial meeting before booking and the meeting with our DJ after booking, we knew we were in AMAZING hands with people who knew how to throw great parties based on our guests' vibes and not a jersey shore night club. I didn't have to worry at all and it was totally stress-free the whole time. Matty G did an amazing job as our DJ!!!!! We got married on 11/3/18 at the Park Savoy and our family and friends are still talking about how packed the dance floor was THE WHOLE NIGHT and how great the music was. Truly the best party ever!!! Exactly what we had envisioned and Matty was even able to battle the Viennese dessert room because there was still people on the dance floor during that time! I would chose EMG and Matty as our DJ again and AGAIN! RECOMMENDING TO EVERYONE!! 😊

kylie · Married on 11/03/2018

Truly Fantastic!

CityScape & The Park Avenue Horns performed at our wedding on November 3, 2018, and they truly made our celebration into the ultimate party! Our guests were dancing nonstop and have been continuously telling us even to this day how fantastic the band was! Even before we saw them in person, we came across a video of CityScape and saw how special they are! They were so easy to work with- Mike was so accommodating and truly helped tailor the day and music to exactly what we were looking for! EMG also provided ceremony music (with songs we requested) as well as a DJ for our after party! CityScape, The Park Avenue Horns and EMG truly helped to make our day so magical, and we recommend them for any event!

• Lauren

Lauren Mindo · Married on 11/02/2018

EMG nailed it!

I cannot thank Tommy and the rest of the EMG team for making our wedding day so much fun! They were so helpful during the planning process and made our vision come to a reality on the day of. Everything was perfect from the ceremony music to the last song that played! Tommy’s energy was phenomenal and kept the party going all night. They had to kick us off the dance floor! And the photo booth was a huge hit! The booklet they made and gave us containing everyone’s photos was so sweet and such an amazing memory to hold on to. We are truly blessed to have had EMG be a part of our perfect day!

Elegant Music Group 23
    Elegant Music Group 24
    Elegant Music Group 25
  • Kath

Kath C · Married on 11/01/2018

Phenomenal experience!

Michael and the CityScape band helped to make my wedding personalized and fun! They allowed my brother to have a position in the band so he could play our first dance on his guitar. Michael asked me questions to make sure we had the perfect evening.
    Our guests had the best time. Some of them said the band was so talented, -especially the solos, that they felt like they were at a concert!

My husband and I appreciate your personal detail and making sure everyone had a great time!

We most definitely recommend CityScape!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Elegant Music Group's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Kathleen! All the best to you and Steve! -Michael, CityScape & The Park Avenue Horns
  • Emily

Emily Michelle · Married on 10/21/2018

Cityscape was amazing!

We were initially drawn to using EMG because of how helpful and genuine Mark was in guiding us! Once he recommended that we see the bands live at a bar (which many companies dont give you the chance to do) we then fell in love with Cityscape. Their energy and talent was undeniable. Mike, the bandleader, was a pleasure to work with and listened to all of our requests and was a great MC too! The band learned all of the songs we wanted for specific dances plus more and sounded like theyve done them forever. Our guests are still talking about how amazing they were at our wedding. Not only were they fun, energetic, and sounded great, but they joined in on the party! Every member, including the horns, was seen at some point on dance floor, getting the crowd pumped up and keeping the energy going. It was truely a magical night and we owe it to Cityscape!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Elegant Music Group's reply:

What a crowd! What a party! Thanks for the kind words, Emily. We look forward to hanging with you again at our showcases. See you soon. -Mike

Megan Julian · Married on 10/19/2018

Wedding 10/19/18

We used EMG for our wedding on 10/19/18 and they were beyond amazing! Our DJ was Bryan and he was fantastic throughout the entire process. He arrived very early the day of the wedding to set up and ensure everything was perfect. He listened to every single song request we had given to him prior to the wedding and made them all flow together for a wonderful combination of oldies, motown, pop, country, hip-hop, etc. He kept the songs changing frequently enough that you never got sick of what was playing. EVERYONE was up dancing. Even the guests who swore they weren’t dancers could not resist dancing. Our guests have been commenting on the music and what a fantastic job Bryan did. One of my main concerns was having music that appealed to people of all generations and kept people on their feet. Bryan managed to created the perfect mix and exceeded our expectations.

John Rummo · Married on 10/19/2018

10/10 Amazing

My Wife and I worked with Matt G at EMG, he was ultra responsive throughout the planning process, friendly, and knew our venue like the back of his hand! He was a great MC, controlled night, but also let everyone hang as well. Everything went 100% smooth from our ceremony, to cocktail hour, all the way to the end of the night. He had everyone on the dance floor and worked with us throughout the night to ensure that the mood, schedule, and sound track was perfect.

10/10 DJ and MC.

• Amanda

Amanda F · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply the best!!

We had CityScape play at our 10-13-18 wedding and were blown away by their voca capabilities, range in song selection, energy, and ability to keep the dance floor packed the ENTIRE night. Seriously, it was never empty once!! People are still asking us who the band was and how we found them since they were so good and crowd pleasing in terms of musical variety.

Mike was an amazing MC on-site and kept the pace and key moments on track without being interruptive which was important. He really knew how to read the crowd and when to amp up or down accordingly which is an underrated talent. Leading up to the wedding, he was amazingly communicative and responsive to all of our questions. The band also graciously learned two special dance songs which meant a lot to us.

Samantha and Remy have killer voices and sang their hearts out all night with amazing intensity. I loved how they interacted with the crowd. The rest of the band flawlessly played and adding a horn player at the last minute was so worth it to round out the sound.

I also really liked that this band offers frequent showcases. That helped give us confidence in the booking process since listening to clips online can only go so far. And a fun night out is always enjoyable ;) - we plan to go to future showcases in Hoboken just to hear them play again.

Without hesitation- book CityScape and make sure that you tell all of your guests to wear comfortable shoes. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Elegant Music Group 26

Elegant Music Group's reply:

Amanda - we had a blast! On behalf of all of us at EMG we wish you and John a happy and healthy life together. Don't be a stranger and thanks again for the kind words! -Mike & CityScape

Vicki Boxk · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely perfect

You cannot ask for a better DJ group then EMG. My husband and I had the best time and danced the night away. Bryan knew exactly how to get our guests on the dance floor and make everyone happy. We are still receiving compliments on how what a great job he did!

Beth · Married on 10/12/2018

Everyone will be dancing

EMG and Tom did an absolutely amazing job! Many guests told us that Tom was the best dj they've heard at any wedding they've been to. He did a great job reading the room and playing music that kept everyone dancing all night. We highly recommend him!

Kymberly Duke · Married on 10/06/2018

Gave us the BEST party...

My husband and I got married on October 6th and let me tell you... Matty was INCREDIBLE! We wanted a party where everyone enjoyed the music (from us to our parents to our grandparents) and that's exactly what he gave us. The night flowed perfectly... the dance floor was packed for our ENTIRE reception. Matty was quick to respond to emails and phone calls when we had some last minute changes. He also provided me with an MP3 to ensure I liked my father-daughter song because it was a combination of 2 different songs. He truly went above and beyond for us. I would highly recommend Matty and Elegant Music Group.

Pete · Married on 10/06/2018

Elegant was the best!

Hiring DJ Matty G and Elegant Music Group was the best music decision we could've made for our wedding! Matty was extremely attentive throughout the whole process, and was able to offer some tips to help us when we weren't sure how we wanted to proceed. The night of the wedding, he was constantly checking in with us to make sure we were all on the same page. He set every tone just right, and had the crowd dancing all night. People haven't stopped commenting to us how great the music was. EMG made our wedding rock, thank you so much for the best party ever!

Maryellen · Married on 10/05/2018

No words to describe how FANTASTIC EMG was at my son’s wedding! Worth every single penny! The lead singers were amazing and they sang everything that my son and DIL had planned with them. They left us wanting more. Guests were yelling for an “encore” !!!!
    Still amazed~

Sent on 10/08/2018

Elegant Music Group's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Maryellen! On behalf of CityScape & The Park Avenue Horns, I can confidentially say we had a blast too. We'll catch you on a dance floor sometime in the future!

Emily · Married on 09/29/2018

I can’t say enough about Todd, Mark and the whole team at EMG! They were the first vendor we booked once we picked a location, and they helped us through everything- from recommendations to make the night flow, to understanding some nuances with our families. So easy to work with and such professionals. On the day of, they set up and worked with the venue and other vendors quickly and easily! They had everyone dancing all night - it was awesome! We also booked a great photo booth through them - what a hit!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Elegant Music Group's reply:

Congrats Emily and Brendan!
    And thanks for your great review, I've shared it with Todd (and he thanks you too!)
    All my very best, hope to see you soon - Mark