Elegant Music Group Reviews

577 | Montclair, NJ

577 Reviews for Elegant Music Group

Jillian Sommer · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Hudson Heights Rocked the Night

When we were looking for music for our wedding, we knew that we wanted a band. We needed a band that could bridge the generational gap in music for our guests and keep the dance floor packed all night long. Hudson Heights Band not only delivered on that but went above and beyond and were the shining star in our perfect night! From the ceremony music (piano and keys) learning instrumental versions of songs near and dear to us to the 8 piece band learning some of our favorite songs to enhance the night, we are still receiving compliments on how awesome the band is! Eden , Danny, Jon, Sean-David, and the rest of the group were so responsive to us during the planning process and helping shape our playlist to keep the energy up and the party dancing. Words cannot do this band justice for how awesome they are, you just have the hear them for yourselves and then immediately book them! Thank you for making our wedding so incredible and for getting everyone at our wedding, from ages 15 to 80, to dance the night away. We would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Z

Zachary Cohen · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Excellent Band

We recently had the EMG 8 piece band at Bear Brook Valley in NJ. They were UNBELIEVABLE. Could not have delivered a more perfect night for us - between the cocktail hour and reception. Working with Mike was easy and everyone at the party can't stop talking about how talented the entire band is. Can't think of one negative thing to say, it was perfect. Thank You guys for making our night unforgettable.

Sent on 12/02/2019

Robin Malloy · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Elegant Music is an amazing network of musicians

The talent of these musicians is above and beyond. They can play different instruments, being able to perform different genres of music. They played beautiful music for the ceremony, switched to light jazz for the cocktails and dinner, finishing with great dance music for the reception.
    We had a female singer but the men playing instruments were able to sing other pieces as well, so we had great coverage of music selections and a great variety of sound. They played many requests and set a beautiful tone for the wedding .
    Gabriel was amazing on the keyboard and also could sing , and play bass. The saxophone player was able to double on flute.
    In our family, several of us have music degrees, so we value music highly. The music was one of the most important components of our wedding , and we couldn’t have been happier with these musicians.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Sarah Devito · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Perfection

Where to even begin?! When planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to take the time in finding the perfect DJ. We felt that the music really would set the tone for the entire night and we wanted to make sure our guests felt that way too. As we searched and searched, we came across Tom with EMG and knew immediately he was the perfect fit. His professionalism was consistent, our personalities clicked and his flexibility was unreal. I was a crazy bride and decided to change our first dance song HOURS before the ceremony and Tom accommodated and supported me within minutes of my request.

Tom, and Joe, we cannot thank you enough for your pure talent and good hearts. You took such good care of us newlyweds and all of our guests. I don't even know what the centerpieces on the table looked like because we were up dancing the ENTIRE night!!

Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Powell · Getting married on 05/08/2021

EMG all the way!

EMG did not disappoint. From the very beginning we knew they were the right choice for them to share in our special day. Tom Gambuzza went above and beyond and we trusted him from the very beginning. I can tell you we did not stop dancing the entire night. It was super great to hear all our of our guests complimenting how amazing EMG was. We will never forget our best day ever thanks to EMG and especially Tom! Thank you guys!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Paige Gottschalk · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Flawless Professionalism that truly makes your special day memorable

Hiring Elegant Music Group was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Having to plan remotely it was tricky finding good vendors, and thankfully we came across EMG! They are exceptionally professional and knowledgeable (both in the materials they have available online and in their interactions). Shawn worked with us to help find the right music and instruments for our ceremony and we left the reception almost entirely in his hands (we gave some input on preferred genres). We had a review with Shawn a few days prior to ensure we were all on the same page, and the day of Shawn and Matty knocked it out of the park! We had two fantastic musicians for the ceremony (keyboard and sax) who did a phenomenal job. For the cocktail hour and reception Shawn and Matty knew exactly what to play when (and at what volume) to really kick things off and create an warm and enthusiastic environment. I think the only time during the reception the dance floor wasn't packed was when folks took breaks for food! Since then, we had numerous friends, relatives, and coworkers compliment how much fun they had and how great the music was. So if you want to have a truly memorable night set to the tunes you will always remember, I absolutely recommend Elegant Music Group!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Alex Watson · Getting married on 02/04/2021

Full dance floor, down to earth team

Bryan and the team at EMG went above and beyond for our wedding. Honestly, I just had this worrying mental image of a Pauly-D style DJ when we were looking around for folks to handle the music for the wedding, and couldn't have been happier with EMG. Bryan was a blast to work with during the planning, and on the wedding night, the dance floor was always FULL. Overall, they took the stress out of that element of the wedding planning completely, and our guests had an amazing time.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Nick

Nick Bernardo · Getting married on 09/09/2020

EMG/DJ Matty at The Madison Hotel

I can't speak highly enough about the job EMG and our DJ Matty Goshen did. From start to finish, Matty and EMG were amazing. 1st off, EMG is a preferred partner at The Madison Hotel where our reception was. In addition to that, Matty had relationships with all of the staff and was so comfortable with the venue having been there many times so we really didn't have a worry in world. The music selection was fantastic and exactly aligned with what we wanted. I'd recommend EMG and especially Matty to anyone.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Erin

Erin Sutphen · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Exceeded All Expectations!! - Married on 10/19/19

My husband and I agreed that choosing a DJ was one of the most (if not the most) important decisions when wedding planning because they either make or break the party. Since we were the first of our friends to get married, we only had reviews to rely on when making our decision. I had read lots of good reviews about EMG and Bryan Festa in particular and man were they SPOT ON!!
    When we first met Bryan he immediately put us at ease and let us know that he didn’t want us to stress about the details (which songs to play, how to organize entrances into the ballroom, etc). He took care of it all, which was super important to us, considering we had an entire wedding to plan. All we had to do was give him a little direction (Must Play/ Do Not Play) and he ran with it. Bryan and Alper exceeded all expectations we had for event hosts. They read the energy of the crowd and delivered an unbelievable night of dance music for all age groups. One of the things that stuck out to us the most was that Bryan said if we needed anything throughout the night that he would be our guy. He even offered to bring us drinks throughout the night!!
    We couldn’t have been happier with our decision to choose EMG! Bryan and Alper truly made our wedding night the party of our dreams! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Daniel Willever · Married on 04/11/2020

The Highlight of Our Wedding

Our wedding day was close to perfect, but in reflecting upon it all, Cityscape and the Park Avenue Horns was the highlight for us and our guests. From day one of working with Mike and his band, their professionalism, flexibility, and passion for performing were on display. As musicians ourselves, my wife and I have very high standards for live music. We can say without a doubt that Cityscape surpassed them. The quality of their performance, the setlist, the transitions, the way they interacted with our guests all resulted in an outstanding experience. It has now been two weeks since the wedding and people are still raving about Cityscape and the Park Avenue Horns.

Daniel and Christina Willever
    Lake Valhalla Club, 11/16/2019

Sent on 11/26/2019

Tina · Married on 04/02/2020

Exceptional!

I highly recommend Elegant Music. I was so impressed that they knew exactly how I wanted to reception and they knew exactly the feel of my party that I was going for. They were so very professional and great to work with. I was not worried at all that things were not in place. You should definitely go with Elegant Music.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Katherine Wainwright · Married on 03/08/2020

Absolutely incredible -- they had us dancing all night!

WOW! Let me start by saying that 5 stars are not nearly enough -- EMG deserves a 10+ star review. From the moment I stumbled upon EMG's website I knew they were something special. What drew me to them right off the bat was their roster of incredible live musicians, the level of professionalism that seeped out of everything they did from handling a general inquiry to working out a detailed estimate immediately after our initial conversation, to their event hosts who were humble, kind, fun-loving and extremely passionate about delivering high-quality entertainment for people in love (seriously, these guys are super passionate about making sure you have the best wedding ever).

Our wedding was on 3/8/2020 at The Rockleigh. Bryan Festa was our event host and I cannot even begin to say enough great things about working with him. He made the process super, super easy, was easily reachable and extremely responsive to questions. Beyond that, Bryan REALLY LOVES what he does and it came through with every interaction we had with him. He didn’t just play a list of songs for us – he created his own mixes and literally cultivated a vibe for us and our guests at every single point of our wedding. Bryan also gave us the most memorable (and our favorite) moment of the day – our photographer had us slow dance in the center of the dance floor in the ballroom before any guests were invited in to get some pics. Bryan immediately put on our first dance song so we could have a private moment enjoying our first dance without pressure or a tremendous audience. I think that illustrates that these guys are truly willing to go the extra mile.

In addition to Bryan, we had three live musicians – a percussionist, saxophonist, and pianist. All incredible. The quality of their music was unbelievable and people cannot stop raving about it to us. HIGHLY recommend investing in some live musicians if you can. You absolutely will not be disappointed if you choose to forgo something else for live musicians. It just amplified everything Bryan did and made our wedding feel so unique.

Lastly, I’d like to give a special shout out to Mike Carleo who I initially spoke with when getting a general estimate for EMG. Mike – thanks for your promptness in getting back to me and for helping me zero in on the right musician and special effect combos to make mine and my husband’s wedding an unforgettable one.

THANK YOU EMG for bringing our wedding to the next level. You guys absolutely rock! Brides – please, please, please look no further for your wedding entertainment. These guys will have everyone up out of their seats!

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Mel

Mel Calvo · Married on 02/28/2020

Amazing wedding DJ!!

Amazing wedding DJ! We had Bryan and he absolutely killed it. The entire process with him was so simple and stress-free. He played exactly what we wanted, set the perfect party vibe for our wedding and kept everyone on their feet! My two pet peeves for wedding DJs are the ones that resort to playing basic old wedding tunes and ones that talk way too much. You don't have to worry about any of that with Bryan and I'm sure that goes for the other DJs at EMG as well! Such a modern, fun, and easy business to work with! We added on a snowfall effect which was perfectly beautiful, and an electric violinist who our guests loved and was a really fun addition to the reception. I do wish the violinist interacted with the crowd more, but once people noticed her, they loved her. I would 100% recommend EMG. Hire them and they'll treat you like family. They'll invite you to their events throughout your engagement, keep in constant contact with you, and on your special day they'll create exactly the vibe you want.

Sent on 03/17/2020

Maria Hunter · Married on 02/14/2020

EMG For The Win!!!

We hired EMG for our wedding and are extremely pleased with the result. We compiled a pretty long playlist with a very wide range of music and they filled the gaps with some awesome tunes. We worked with Jon who was a blast and so easy to work with. He was so in his element and made sure the dancing didn't stop until the very last second. What a blast. I highly recommend Jon and the whole crew at EMG!!

Sent on 04/07/2020

Shannon Parise · Married on 02/08/2020

Thank you emg & dj chelli!

My husband and I got married in February and had the absolute best time! EMG and DJ Chelli were great, the entire planning process was effortless using their new planning app! They were accommodating to any slight change we had and were extremely helpful throughout the process. The night of our wedding, Chelli was fantastic! She kept the party going all night and our guests were having a blast- HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 05/04/2020

Kelly · Married on 01/26/2020

Winter Wedding

We hired EMG to DJ our wedding. Bryan was our MC, he was phenomenal. Throughout the process, his positive attitude and energy reassured us that our event would rock. He has a back up plan for every scenario! Our dance floor was packed all night. He played a great mix of songs that appealed to a diverse crowd and kept everyone moving. We hired a musician outside of EMG, Bryan and the musician were able to work together without issues. 100% recommend Bryan and EMG for your event.

Sent on 03/27/2020

Kathryn Smith · Married on 01/10/2020

Hyde park!

If you want a party that your guests will never forget, look no further than Hyde Park! Caleb is wonderful to work with and has such talented band members. From the second my husband and I entered the room, the party did not stop. I heard from guests that people were even dancing in between tables because the dance floor was so packed! Our guests were blown away by the band and all had an amazing time dancing to their music. Not only are they fabulous but they also truly care about the kind of music the couple enjoys and the type of party you expect. It was as though they could read our minds because we loved every single song they played!

Sent on 04/13/2020

Lisa Conners · Married on 01/05/2020

Book hudson heights now!

Hudson Heights is the BEST wedding band out there! I had some friends who went to a wedding and saw them perform and they told me I had to book them immediately and let’s just say they did not disappoint! Their interaction with the crowd was insane and so much fun which made the night feel even more personalized and special. They kept all of our guests dancing all night long which is exactly what we wanted! Eden was also beyond easy to work with, she was so lovely and spent countless hours on the phone with us going over timelines to make sure our day was perfect and it was! We seriously couldn’t have done it without her and the rest of the band! I could go on and on about how amazing this band is and would book them 10x over. BOOK THEM NOW!

Sent on 04/02/2020

Alyssa Franco · Married on 01/04/2020

Best wedding band!

Hyde Park was the ABSOLUTE BEST! Every single person was on the dance floor and we couldn't stop getting compliments all night long about the band. They were amazing and kept high energy. I highly recommend! You won't regret it.

Sent on 04/08/2020
  • Mara

Mara · Married on 12/31/2019

The best out there!

I would give EMG 10 stars if I could! They were phenomenal from A to Z, from the pre-planning process, the onsite in-person meetings, the follow up phone calls to the day of execution. We were married on New Year's Eve, and we wanted to throw a huge party that kept our guests dancing ALL NIGHT LONG. EMG helped us to do just that, with our dance floor packed from the first song at 8:30PM to the last song at 1AM that called for an encore of one last song. We worked with Bryan through the whole process of planning, and he was incredible: personable, fun and super focused on making sure my husband and I were getting the songs we wanted, the vibe we wanted, as well as all of the extras. Not to mention he DJed/EmCeed our wedding himself and people have not stopped asking who the DJ was! Bryan made recommendations on how we could keep our party vibe through the night with intelligent lighting, the CO2 cannon & the confetti blasts at midnight. We also added the snowfall & dancing on the clouds effect for our first dance that made the moment even more romantic. EMG has incredibly fair pricing for the level of service they offer and features they bring to the table - the only mistake you can make is by not having them for your big day!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Katherine Welsh · Married on 12/15/2019

Hudson Heights was FANTASTIC!

This band is UNBELIEVABLE. Boy do they put on a show! We couldn’t even count how many people told us that our band was “the best band they had ever heard at a wedding”…. AND WE AGREE! We’ve already had several people ask for the band’s name! Every instrumentalist, singer, and technician was so professional, welcoming, and friendly-- making our wedding SO very special. Thanks to Eden and everyone in Hudson Heights for making our day amazing.

Sent on 04/29/2020

Alexis Culhane · Married on 12/13/2019

Best DJ ever!

For our December 2019 wedding, we knew the only DJ company we wanted to use was Elegant Music Group! Bryan was our DJ and he did not disappoint, the dance floor was never empty and it was the best dance party! Our guests are still talking about how amazing our DJ was!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Leslie Butler · Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing wedding band!

I can’t say enough about Hyde Park, booking them was the best decision I made in my wedding planning. They are a group of extremely talented musicians and the energy they bring to the party is unlike any other. I do not like to dance at all but I was literally on the dance floor all night. My guests are still raving about this band months later. Caleb was so easy to work with and was so accommodating. My husband and I didn’t even see the band before booking. I was so impressed with their reviews and their customer service that I was sold. They really were the highlight of my wedding and made the party so memorable. Do yourself a favor and book this band for your wedding, you will not regret it!

Sent on 04/02/2020

Gary Miller · Married on 11/30/2019

Hudson Heights is the way to go for your wedding!

My wife and I got married recently and had Hudson Heights play at our wedding. We’ve been to a few weddings since ours, and I can safely say that Hudson Heights was by far the best band we've ever experienced at a wedding. You probably think I'm biased because it was my own wedding, but I promise you I'm not. We were fortunate enough to see them at a friend's wedding before ours, and danced all night! We called them immediately and booked them for our wedding and it was the best decision we made. They played all the right songs, they engaged the crowd, they sang their hearts out. The other thing setting them apart from the rest is their dedication to keeping music going the entire night. They rotate breaks so they are never not playing. It's incredible!

Sent on 04/10/2020

Meredith Hauser · Married on 11/23/2019

Best Wedding Ever

WOW from start to finish EMG, especially Brian, was absolutely amazing to work with and made our wedding the best we could have imagined. We used their string trio for our ceremony and we had Brian as the DJ and a saxophonist during the reception. Everyone was blown away by them and had the absolute best time. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/02/2019