Elegant Event Lighting Reviews

147 | Schaumburg, IL

147 Reviews for Elegant Event Lighting

Denise · Married on 09/13/2015

Having had a fantastic experience with Elegant Event Lighting two years ago, we called on Jay and his team once again for our daughter’s wedding at the Chicago Botanic Gardens in September. Katy and Steve's wedding theme was Organic, Natural, Woodsy and featured birch, branches, succulents and beautifully detailed centerpieces with lake colored bottles filled with white flowers.To complete the picture, they envisioned Grapevine Balls complete with small white lights wound through them, in clusters suspended from the ceiling. We met with Jay at the Gardens and discussed also lighting the dance floor, the 18’ long Sweet Table and all the Brick Columns as well. Katy’s details were stunning and Jay’s ELEGANT lighting made the reception glow like a fairy tale!It was a magical setting!
    Jay is one of the NICEST guys you will ever meet! He is a gem and so easy to work with as are the rest of his team. Calling in to the office and talking to Ashley felt like I was calling a good friend. We were again blown away by their expertise, quality, flexibility, imagination and creativity! You needn’t look anywhere else for your lighting for your event! Jay is the best! Thanks Jay!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/04/2015

Jay and Ashley from EEL were a breeze to work with! They were both super responsive the whole year I had them booked and very open and patient with all of the questions I had. I never had to worry about them or follow up with them as they were always a step ahead of me. This was probably the easiest part of my wedding to plan. I had ordered the drapery from the center of the ceiling with string lights. Not only did it completely change the look and feel of the room to something elegant and romantic, but it was one of those things I didn't have to organize, plan, arrange, or worry about- I just got there on the night of the reception and it looked fantastic! I highly recommend EEL if you really want to transform your space. Pictures to follow!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Rhonda · Married on 08/29/2015

We used Elegant Lighting for our White Vinyl dance floor with Monogram and Lighting. We also added one additional service for our decorating purposes which were crystal decorations hung from our ceiling. Ashley was always amazing to speak to over the phone. The company was very professional and open to working with my suggestions. EEL took an ordinary plane looking room and helped transform it into the vision of my dreams.

Kristen · Married on 08/22/2015

EEL was a great vendor to work with! I rented 5 chandeliers from them and they made such a difference to my decor! They were beautiful and romantic! My venue had annoyingly planned an event the same day as my wedding, only allowing 1 hour for full set up, but EEL was able to plan ahead and pre-wire the room earlier in the week to make setup move quickly. The whole issue really stressed me out, but EEL knew exactly what to do and it was seamless. Thank you!!

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2015

I was recommended to use EEL through my venue coordinator at Eaglewood Resort. They did an amazing job with my requests and it all looked beautiful in the end! Ashley and Jay from EEL, are so great to work with. They are really responsive and do a great job of creating your dream wedding. I used EEL for lighting, monogram, and a tulle arch for my outside ceremony. I would highly recommend this vendor!! Thank you EEL!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Nicki · Married on 08/07/2015

Jay & his team were a pleasure to work with. I needed a company who could provide lighting and draping for our wedding and EEL was the perfect solution to my search. Not only did the ceremony/reception look breathtaking, but they also transformed our boring hard wood dance floor into a beautiful white floor with a customized logo that was the focal point of the room. I would highly recommend giving these guys a call. Great work and reasonable prices!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Since I was a little girl I always dreamed of a wedding reception draped in white and lit by the glow of candlelight. But when I started my search to find someone to make this dream a reality, it didn't seem possible...until I met Jay and his team at Elegant Event Lighting. With the utmost patience and sincere interest, Jay took the time to talk with me about my vision, my budget, and how to make my dream wedding a reality. When my husband and I arrived at the hotel for our reception, the staff was buzzing about the room..."Elegant Event Lighting completely transformed the ballroom! In all our 30 years we've never seen the room look so beautiful! It's stunning, breathtaking, elegant..." I couldn't wait to see what Jay and his team worked hours to create. When I walked into the room, I was blown away...it was even MORE elegant than I ever imagined it to be. I felt like I stepped onto the set of movie. It was simply perfection. Jay, I cannot thank you enough. Thank you for making MY dream wedding come true!!! :)

Sent on 07/22/2015

Kelsey · Married on 06/27/2015

Elegant Event Lighting truly transformed the ballroom that our reception was held in. We couldn't be more thrilled with how the design turned out! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how impressed they were with the lighting, draping, and all aspects of the design! Jay was professional and responsive throughout the entire planning process. We are forever grateful for EEL and all of their hard work making our wedding visions come to life!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/03/2015

Ashley and Jay were amazing! I called a couple weeks before my wedding because I saw a picture of a wedding with lighting and knew I had to have it but I had a budget to keep as well. Based on the reviews I called EEL and spoke to Ashley. She asked what I was looking for and with the wedding stress I couldn't communicate clearly (lol) but she helped me figure it out and transferred me to Jay. Within a few minutes Jay assed my budget and my needs and set me up with a package that would suit my location and budget.It was easy peasy and fabulous!!!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Jay and his team transformed a church hall into a simple, special, and elegant space for our wedding reception. The ivory drape created the perfect backdrop for the celebration and the lighting elements gave it the necessary warmth and glow. It was perfect in every way.

Jay was exceptional and provided the vision that we appreciated; was available by phone and in person; and was candid and sincere which we valued highly. A great partner for an important day.

Sent on 05/22/2015

Lindsay · Married on 02/21/2015

I was absolutely blown away by Jay and his team. They were able to transform a boring room into the most glamorous winter white wedding I could have ever envisioned. The entire hotel staff was even coming by to take pictures of the transformation. My ceremony was late in the evening and Jay and his team had one hour to "break down" the ceremony and move everything into the reception area. This was done flawlessly! The decor and lighting were just perfection. On top of it, the communication with EEL was so professional. You can not go wrong with choosing them!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Gina · Married on 01/17/2015

Working with Jay and the EEL staff was truly a great experience. They went well above and beyond to ensure our wedding was perfect and that I remained stress-free on the day of the event. We received so many compliments from our guests about the beauty and ambiance of the room. We could not have asked for better!

Sent on 02/07/2015

Jodi · Married on 12/20/2014

Elegant Event Lighting was wonderful! Not only did I throw my wedding at them 2 months prior but they were great with last minute adjustments! Jay was easy to work with and his staff were all very professional! Thank you for all of your fabulous work!!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Katie · Married on 11/15/2014

Working with Jay and his team was extremely easy and turned out beautifully for our wedding - we were EXTREMELY pleased with them and their service. We just wanted something simple done for our ceremony space and that's really all I let them know - and it turned out perfectly! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Richard · Married on 10/03/2014

We couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out, from the perfect placement of the pin-spots, to the purple lining on the head table, and the up-lighting too. The drapery really had the "wow" factor when you walked into the room and everyone was raving about how elegant the room was. We really couldn't have done it without jay's expertise and execution. You are hands down the most professional vendor we have encountered and really know how to bring our envisions to life. Jay made us feel so comfortable with our choices and his execution. Thanks Jay and his team!

Lisa & Rick

Sent on 10/07/2014

marcos · Married on 09/27/2014

Jay is the best. My wife still in shock at how awesome our decor turned out. Thank you so very much. Ashley rocks too. God bless

Sent on 10/23/2014

Erin · Married on 09/12/2014

STUNNING fabric arch with lit chandelier! The hanging crystals on the sides we also beautiful! These guys were soooo easy to work with. Especially since they did not know if my ceremony would be indoors or outside till the morning of! They didn't ask any questions or bother me the morning of, just did their work and OMG was it gorgeous!! Everyone was blown away with how "whimsical" it looked! <3 I was sooo happy! So beautiful! Love these guys!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2014

Jay & Ashley from EEL were nothing short of amazing to work with. Not only did they provide lighting and decor for our entire venue but they also created two video montages for us. I had an incredibly specific vision about how the montage would play during the ceremony procession, down to when I wanted a specific picture to play (crazy, I know). But as crazy as it was Jay and Ashley knew how important it was to me and they made it happen. It was so spectacular that by the time my father and I walked in the room everyone was so overwhelmed that they erupted in to applause. It was a moment that I will never forget!!!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Twania · Married on 07/13/2014

The lighting was awesome! It made my wedding video and pictures in both the ceremony and the reception that much better. If I could get married all over again and had the additional budget to do so, I would have added more of their services. The best thing for me was their flexibility of moving the backdrop from the upstairs ballroom to the reception ballroom downstairs and their punctuality of doing so. Great work!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Eric · Married on 07/12/2014

Jay and his company did a great job decorating our reception. He and his staff are great to work with and very accomodating. They had great communication with our Hall. Thanks so much!

Sent on 08/02/2014

EEL did a beautiful job hanging cafe lights and papel picado (tissue banners) for my wedding at Ignite Glass Studios. Their work created the whole atmosphere of a fun, warm, and festive wedding. Hiring EEL was one of the best decisions we made! Everything was just perfect and beautiful!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Gina · Married on 05/31/2014

After booking our DJ with Something 2 Dance 2, their sister company. We were looking over information from a brochure that was given to us. Communication with Tamara and Jay were always prompt, never waiting long for information we were curious to know! We decided on a monogram light on our dance floor and some uplighting around the room to give our wedding a little more personal touch. After meeting with Jay for our DJ and lighting plans a month before the wedding, we reviewed what I had wanted from email communication and he was able to show us lighting effects in their showroom. Seeing the effects and color solidified our decision. We changed uplighting from teal to amber to give our room a more romantic feel and to not flood our room with our wedding color. Jay came up with a monogram and we were able to modify it to our liking. We wanted a special twinkle light backdrop for our head table and it did not disappoint!! IT was exactly how I imagined it in my head. During our meeting, Jay showed us how pin lighting would look on our cake and our special travel centerpieces. We also added that last minute too! Wedding day came and we snuck in the ballroom before everyone entered to see the magic come to life!! IT was beautiful and breathtaking. I still remember it clearly in my head. Backdrop perfect, lighting around the room, soft and romantic. Everyone complimenting our cake and topper, and most likely just because it was lit up! Thanks to Jay and the team at Elegant Event Lighting for an amazing setting for our wedding!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Heather · Married on 10/19/2013

Outstanding! I could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding ceremony. Elegant event lighting made my ceremony look so perfect. We had them set up or isle runner and chuppah and I could not have asked for anything better. It was so beautiful! Would definitely recommend for your ceremony decor!!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Mary · Married on 10/12/2013

Elegant Lighting provided such beautiful, captivating lighting for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. We were totally satisfied with their services! Bryan and Mary Durkin

Sent on 11/23/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2013

My venue, Centered Chef in Chicago, had huge windows and was a blank loft space canvas. I tried for months to find a company to provide me with pipe and drape for the altar space I'd envisioned. You would be amazed to find out how much some companies want you to pay to have some sheers hung! I was feeling so discouraged, like the altar I'd envisioned wouldn't be a reality because it was WAY out of my budget. In comes Elegant Event Lighting and my wedding was complete! They were great to work with, responded to me in a timely manner, seemed to honestly value my business and (best of all) were SO REASONABLY PRICED! I was actually a little nervous about what we were going to get because the price was leaps and bounds less than what other companies were asking for the same thing. I was able to see their work at the rehearsal and I was floored. It was beautiful and more than what I'd envisioned. It transformed the space and was so worth all the work it took to find this amazing company. They came to strike the pipe and drape on time (which made the venue happy). We really couldn't be happier with what we got and I would (and have) recommend this company to anyone looking for pipe and drape for their wedding or event. We were so impressed.

Sent on 11/01/2013