Elegant Event Lighting Reviews

Elegant Event Lighting 4
Elegant Event Lighting 5

Lori Hurcombe · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful job!

Elegant Event Lighting did a magnificent job. Jay and his crew spared nothing from the Chuppah to the lighting and Isle it was absolutely gorgeous. Highly recommend EEL !! We were wowed!!

Elegant Event Lighting 6
    Sent on 10/11/2019

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Lori it was a pleasure to work with you! I am glad we were able to provide the ceremony you envisioned for your daughter, Ashley.
    Congratulations again to you and your family!

Michelle F · Married on 08/10/2019

So great to work with Jay! Very nice, great communication. fast response just great to work with!!

Elegant Event and Lighting truly made my wedding magical! I was in awe when I walked into our wedding ballroom! It was so beautiful and elegant it brought tears to my eyes! How stunning my backdrop and lighting was! I couldn't stop looking at it all night! I so recommend them and great to work with!
    Love! Love! Love!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Darlene

Darlene Silhavy · Married on 07/20/2019

A Whimsical Dream Wedding

Wow! Where do I even begin.... When I first thought of the idea of a DIY wedding in my Godmother's back yard full of numerous heartfelt memories, I knew it would take planning, effort, and determination. I pinned on Pinterest for days, weeks, months, and finally came up with a dream vision for the ceremony and tent! I did my research with my now husband, and found Elegant Event Lighting. Being out of state planning a wedding, WE knew it would take more effort. Well, we were wrong! Jay and his team at EEL made our vision come to life even across the states. We had one meeting face to face to go over pictures, ideas, and a plan to make our dream wedding come to life, and his team really put it in action! Jay remained in constant communication with us from Arizona to Illinois. He not only had a positive attitude but made our wedding feel special and unique! He was determined to do what it takes to make all of our doubts diminish! The day of came and just WOW!!!! All of the effort his team put in, came to life in the perfect picture of our vision! We had an unexpected down pour right before the ceremony, but the lights held up and looked even more romantic then expected! The ambiance in the tent was just gorgeous and the chandelier above the dance floor! Our guests still compliment how beautiful it was... Now, don't even get us started on the ceremony 4 pole arch.

We knew doing a unique "backyard wedding," that Darlene wanted the spectacular wedding feel! She also knew that she didn't want what any other venue had.... After numerous conversations, Jay brought her whimsical ceremony to life! We had a beautiful ivory ceremony arch/back drop with greenery! How romantic! We got to marry (the love of our life) under the most drop dead gorgeous setting. Jay and the Elegant Event Lighting Team, your effort (even with the last minute changes due to weather) really put ourselves at ease! We knew we were in great hands and could enjoy the day from sunrise till the party ended past 1 a.m... We will continue to recommend you to anyone that wants their unique wedding vision to come to life!

Thanks again for making us feel special and that our wedding was unique and not just any wedding.

We will never forget the love we felt that day. We still feel it on our picture wall in our living room, looking at the gorgeous memories that were made in the most beautiful tent and most elegant ceremony arch.

One day, we will recommend you to our children :)
    Darlene and Matt

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Cez

Cez · Married on 06/28/2019

Elegance Is The Object of the Game

Our wedding would not have been the same if it weren’t for Elegant Event Lighting. Jay was the person in charge of our event and from the consultation call to execution of event on the day of the wedding, he was just top notch! I loved that their company had previously worked at our venue, making him more knowledgeable of what he can and cannot do to the ballroom, eliminating the back and forth between the venue and the décor company. He helped me stay within my budget and still achieve the look I had in mind. To be honest, they actually went above my expectations! Our venue was already beautiful, they simply elevated it to be more romantic, giving us and our guests that WOW factor we are looking to have as soon as you walk in the room. And when we started having technical difficulties with our DJ company, Jay was quick to jump in and offer his expertise with audio and visual. He certainly saved the day!! I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for décor and lighting company. They will make your event even better than you imagined it to be!

Elegant Event Lighting 7
    Sent on 07/18/2019

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Cez. It was great to be part of your day! I was happy to help out wherever I could.
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/08/2019

Such a beautiful touch to our day!

I am so happy we went with EEL! The lighting really took the room to another level. Our reception was at Maggiano's and I was so worried about it just looking like the restaurant. We did lighting on the dance floor, pin point lighting on our centerpieces, and our names on the wall. I was so excited to see how beautifully it turned out. It made our pictures turn out stunning (we don't have professional pics back yet, but the ones friends and family took). Jay was so easy to work with and so helpful giving suggestions on what would make the room special!

Elegant Event Lighting 8
    Elegant Event Lighting 9
    Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding 2019

Elegant Event Lighting came through HUGE!!. They made the backdrop of our day fabulous with there lighting, white acrylic dance floor, Monogrammed floor and etc.... They were very helpful every step of the way and answered all questions in a timely format. Highly suggest this company.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Olga

Olga · Married on 04/06/2019

We loved their work

We had our wedding lighting and floor decal decoration done with them and it turned out beautiful. Everyone loved our dance floor decal -please see picture. Very easy to work with, they made the process painless. Highly recommend for your wedding.

Elegant Event Lighting 10
    Sent on 05/08/2019

Julie Konczyk · Married on 03/30/2019

Twinkle light draped backdrop

Jay was super attentive and made sure I got exactly what I wanted. Our backdrop turned out amazing and was everything I had envisioned. Worth every penny!

Elegant Event Lighting 11
    Sent on 06/06/2019
  • FutureStephD

Stephanie · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful product, great staff

EEL was great to work with and their ‘final product’ was BEAUTIFUL. We worked with Jay (sales) and Katie (production) and they were both professional and efficient – Jay worked with our budget and even helped with a last minute addition which definitely made our wedding ceremony elegant and everything I wanted. Katie worked with my event planner, but I heard no complaints from either. Definitely recommend them.

Elegant Event Lighting 12
    Elegant Event Lighting 13
    Elegant Event Lighting 14
    Elegant Event Lighting 15
    Sent on 05/10/2019

Jennifer Minkow · Married on 02/23/2019

Lighting and draping of our dreams!

Jay and team were incredibly thoughtful in helping us create a customized approach for our wedding. EEL was attentive and flexible and helped create the most special night of our lives!

Elegant Event Lighting 16
    Sent on 04/07/2019

Gussie · Married on 06/09/2018

EEL was fantastic! We decided last minute to to put down a vinyl dance floor and string cafe lights from the tent ceiling and they were so helpful in working with our budget! Valerie was very professional and extremely helpful in giving us different options that would work with what we wanted and keeping with our esthetic and financial goals! Would absolutely work with them again!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Gretchen · Married on 06/02/2018

EEL was wonderful to work with. Staff openly communicated with me when I had questions and were extremely professional. I appreciated the reassurance that was provided and trusted them completely. The end result was spectacular! We decided to add Cafe Globe Lights to our venue to brighten it up a bit and we were not disappointed! The extra lighting provided the added sparkle and looked beautiful. It totally transformed the space. Not only was did EEL provide great service but the end result was gorgeous. I would highly recommend working with EEL for you event!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2018

EEL is the best!

Valerie and the team did an absolutely amazing job! Working with them was such an easy process. After just a handful of emails back and forth, everything was set up. I got married at Crystal Tree Golf and Country Club and I asked them to create a ceiling canopy with drapes and lights over the dance floor. I also specified that I wanted the current window drapes at the venue to be covered in white drapes but to leave the windows themselves uncovered to let all the light through. I was completely blown away on the day of! It was everything I had imagined and more. So many of our guests were commenting on how beautiful the drapes and lights looked. Even the venue staff were saying that the room had never looked more beautiful.

Elegant Event Lighting 17
    Elegant Event Lighting 18
    Elegant Event Lighting 19
    Elegant Event Lighting 20
    Elegant Event Lighting 21
    Sent on 05/07/2019

Erin · Married on 04/14/2018

I received a huge quote from a competing company. I sent the same request to EEL and they could do what I wanted even bigger, and better for $1k less.

While working with EEL I think I sent a total of 4 emails, and talked on the phone once, and they made my fairytale backdrop even better than I could ever have imagined. They reached out to my banquet hall and worked directly with them on all logistics. I have no idea when it arrived or got picked up, or any of the details I didn't need to know because they took care of it all. I literally told them what I had in mind and then they took care of the rest.

They turned my dated banquet hall into the MOST BEAUTIFUL fairytale and I can not say enough how grateful I am for them!!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much Erin! We were so happy to help create your fairytale wedding. Congratulations!

Amber · Married on 01/12/2018

EEL was absolutely wonderful. We needed drapery because our ceremony was in the same space as our reception. Jay and his team were extremely responsive and from our research, the were the best value for our needs. The drapery was absolutely beautiful and they took it down in less than 15 minutes during cocktail hour-EEL staff were so efficient and wonderful. We are so happy we found them!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much Amber! We're so happy you found us too!

Danielle · Married on 11/04/2017

Elegant Event Lighting truly made our dream wedding a reality! Everything was perfect and they were very easy to work with! I would highly recommend them for your wedding or event. They are the best!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

We used Elegant Events Lighting for our Chicago wedding at the Ivy Room on 10/21. The team worked with me on cafe lighting and chandelier placement and greenery for the space. They were incredible at accommodating my vision for the transformation of the space and for working with my day-of coordinator to ensure everything was magical. I would highly recommend them! It was simply perfect!!

Elegant Event Lighting 22
    Elegant Event Lighting 23
    Sent on 10/27/2017

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Jessica, thank you! We loved working with you and especially loved how your unique design at the Ivy Room turned out! Congratulations on your special day, we were so happy to be a part of it :)
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/21/2017

Valerie was super professional. She was very prompt in responding to me and quick to answer any questions I had. Throughout the entire process of requesting a quote and days beyond the wedding, there has been zero issues with them as my vendor. She was able to create the vision I wanted via pictures I sent of Pinterest ideas. The lighted backdrop was such a beautiful touch to my wedding reception. I highly recommend them. I had zero stress working with them, they were easy to work with, they were inexpensive compared to the other vendors out there, and they did a fantastic job.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Rebecca! Your wedding was gorgeous and we are so glad we were able to make your wedding vision a reality. Best wishes to you and thank you so much for letting EEL be a part of your special day.

Drew · Married on 10/21/2017

They did a great job at my wedding! They turned a dark patio into a charming area to get some fresh air by hanging beautiful cafe lights. They also added uplighting to the surrounding areas to help highlight the fall landscape and foliage during my reception. They were great to work with and knew exactly how to make the reception space perfect! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Drew! Le Jardin looked great for your wedding. Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. Congratulations to you & Michael!

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2017

Jay was great and our lighting looked amazing! We hired Jay to install cafe string lights on the wood rafters on the ceiling of our reception venue and amber uplighting along the brick wall on the lower level. Both looked beautiful and complemented the natural interest of the space. We didn't have much coordinating to do with Jay at all, jut gave him the date, location and time! He was very knowledgeable with what was to be done and how to do it, which really put me at ease.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Lauren,
    Thank you for your review! We are so glad you were satisfied with our service. Congratulations to you once again!

We used Jay and his team for our wedding at Morton Arboretum. We first contacted him to get lighting for the reception inside, and then we found out that he could also provide us with a chuppah for the outside ceremony. I think both of these two things made our wedding one of the most beautiful weddings ive ever been to. The Chuppah they made was exactly what we had found online and told him to model it after, and the lighting inside the room was spectacular! He transformed the cafeteria of our venue into a magical beautiful wedding space. I'm so glad that we found him and had him take care of our wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Christine · Married on 09/09/2017

Elegant Events Lighting made the ambience of our wedding reception magical! They installed ivory draping and amber uplighting in the main room, and cafe lighting over the patio. The draping was beautifully done to frame the room entrances. The warm lighting also made all the difference to add an intimate and sophisticated atmosphere. All set-up was completely finished before we arrived, and tear-down was also taken care of by the company. We are so happy with the professional service provided by Elegant Events!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Thank you Christine! Your wedding was beautiful. We are so glad you let us be a part of your special day. Congratulations and thank you for your kind words.

Chanel · Married on 09/03/2017

We worked with Jay and his team for our wedding at Chez. They did an amazing job, and I cannot compliment them enough on their work. We spoke briefly and I provided them a very rough sketch of my vision for the wedding day. And they took that and brought it to life. The pipe and drape and the chandeliers they provided were so beautiful. Also, I believe a few days before the wedding, I emailed Jay asking for a specific request last minute. He was very responsive and made sure it happened. I would recommend them to anyone looking for decor on their wedding day!

Elegant Event Lighting 24
    Sent on 10/03/2017

Elegant Event Lighting's reply:

Chanel, we are so thankful for your review! The picture of your wedding is gorgeous. Congratulations once again!

Carna · Married on 09/02/2017

Some of the best draping & lighting I've seen - it was truly magical and really brought together the whole look. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Heidi · Married on 07/15/2017

Elegant Event Lighting is top notch!! We had a consultation with Jay out at their showroom - it's a really cool space. Jay listened to everything we wanted for our event space and then created the perfect concept! We got full draping and uplighting for our reception room, and it totally transformed the space for the better - it didn't even look like the same room! We had globe lighting for dancing outside, and it was beautiful. EEL really knows how to deliver - could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 08/07/2017