Elegant Designs by Joy Reviews

Elegant Designs by Joy 6
Elegant Designs by Joy 7
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 11/09/2018

It was pure JOY to work with Joy! :)

This amazing woman is located in Islip. Her store, to start, is so quaint and beautiful. When my mom and I met with Joy, we were amazed by her knowledge of all things flowers. Flowers were the one thing I had no clue about going in to this wedding process, and Joy assured me that she would take care of everything and make my vision come alive. She was so right. I personally believe she was reasonably priced, and threw in a few extras for us that truly made our decor come alive at Stonebridge. She understood the space, and made sure it all came together. I had emailed her a few times throughout the process due to concerns I had. She emailed me immediately. She has amazing customer service. She is beyond sweet and has an awesome team behind her.

I just got my bouquet back from Stonebridge (Tuesday after the wedding - I left them at the venue) after being married on a Friday. My flowers are still as beautiful as they were the day we got them. They have quality products and I am so grateful I found her to be my florist!

I just dropped off my bouquet to be preserved at "Don't Toss the Bouquet" in Patchogue. When I showed up to give my flowers in, Christa (from DTTB), immediately knew it was made by Joy. She was also shocked at how beautiful and alive they still looked after being out of water for 4 days! She continued to tell me about how the flowers she receives from brides who used Joy are by far her favorite flowers. It says a lot that another vendor (who has never met Joy, by the way) says such amazing things about a florist. I cannot wait to get my bouquet back from being preserved so I can relive my day for years to come.

Avoid using a big company. Support the local businesses around you. Go with Joy for your flower needs - she does amazing work and you will not regret it!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Thank you Kerry for such a nice review. We really do enjoy what we do & our couple's. Our biggest thing is being there, no matter the question, even when not flower related,. we are doing this for years, so if we can offer any help to make our couple's a little less stressed then were doing our job & having fun working with great brides like yourself. xoxo You'll Love your bouquet, Christina is awesome.

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2018

JOY IS THE BEST! I waited until a couple months before my wedding to book my florist because I didn't realize it needed to be done so far in advance but clearly waiting worked out in my favor. Joy had a cancellation and I was able to sneak in! She was amazing and went above and beyond what I thought flowers could be! She understood my idea of playful and colorful and ran wild. I gave Joy approx. 150 bud vases to fill and line the middle of my tables and she did not disappoint! My bouquet was AMAZING! The colors, choice of flowers and arrangement was impeccable. She is a true talent! The small touches on the boutonnieres and corsages made them pure beauties, especially the baby boutonniere for my ring bearer under 2! Choose Joy - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Elegant Designs by Joy 17
    Elegant Designs by Joy 18
    Elegant Designs by Joy 19

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Meghan, What can I say ... We loved working with you. Sitting down & putting together idea's to pull together your visions & make your look your own. Our Best to you both. Joy & The Crew.

Jenn · Married on 08/24/2018

All of my sisters wedding vendors were great but if there had to be a favorite it was by far her florist, Joy. So I knew when I got married, naturally, I had to use Joy because of how much my sister raved about her. From the first time I met with Joy, she was patient and understanding of all of my questions and took the time to explain to me different options of flowers, how they would look, hold up during the day, and ultimately fit in with my color scheme/match my dress. She spent a lot of time with me helping me decide exactly what I wanted that I can’t say I felt like a lot of other vendors do. I changed things from my initial vision as the planning process went on and Joy was happy to accommodate my changes. One of my favorite moments from my wedding day was when Chrissy walked in my house to drop off my flowers. I was ecstatic! Joy made my vision come to life better than I could have imagined and my flowers were absolutely beautiful! There are not enough good things to say about this lady. She goes above and beyond to set the bar high for herself - trust me, you will not be disappointed with her product. Bottom line, you are not doing yourself justice if you don’t visit her for your wedding flowers.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Jennifer, It was our pleasure to help put together the look you wanted for your wedding day. You & your sister Sammy, just gave us some idea's & being open to different option's make's thing's work all the way around, gives us some wiggle to have create freedom leave's us wanting to do more..So we are able to do a little more from time to time.xoxo Our Best Joy & The Crew.

Liz · Married on 08/18/2018

As soon as I met Joy, I knew she was the one to do the flowers for my wedding. I had met with other impersonal vendors and felt like I was every other bride. With Joy, she took the time to listen to what I wanted and gave us amazing suggestions. She is so knowledgeable of flowers and what is available and when. She made sure that since I wanted anemones and they were out of season, to have silk as a back up (and they looked amazing!!). Other vendors didn’t care and would have given me wilted anemones or whatever white flower was available that day. The day of, everything was on time and seamless. She got my vision perfectly and truly made the biggest difference for my dream wedding!!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

We really enjoy when our couple's have fun idea's they want to add into their wedding day. Letting us play around with different way's to make sure they all blend together.. Thank you for letting us run with your idea's. Our Best to you & Fred.

Lauren · Married on 07/13/2018

Joy and her team were a dream to work with. From the first time I met with Joy, she got my vision (more than I did) and made me feel totally comfortable in her abilities. She did not disappoint. All of the flowers on our wedding day (my bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, short centerpieces, garland centerpieces, and everything in between) we absolutely perfect. We could not have made a better choice!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Great working with you, and happy to have created your dream look. Our Best Joy & The Crew @ Elegant Designs By Joy
  • mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 06/10/2018

Having come from a multi-generational family of florists, our family is very particular when it comes to floral arrangements. When everyone walked into our main reception and saw the beautiful work that Joy created they were all instantly impressed and floored with how extraordinary everything was. And rightfully so - Joy captured our special day and exceeded all expectations. More importantly, she respected our vision, but added her expertise and creativity to deliver something even more special. When we first saw her arrangements we started to tear up because it was that beautiful. Our parents corsages stood out as unique pieces of art, but the real centerpiece was the cascading bouquet. Joy created a stunning bouquet that everyone commented on and really shined in our photos. We can't say the word beautiful enough because that's exactly what Joy created. Beauty. Joy and her staff are absolute professionals and we can't recommend Elegant Designs by Joy enough. Her work speaks for itself, but she truly is in a league all to her own. Thank you so much Joy for making our wedding not only extra special, but extra beautiful.

Elegant Designs by Joy 20

Christopher · Married on 05/25/2018

I am Really Glad I chose u guys, Thanks for making our day so special.

Deanna · Married on 04/27/2018

From the moment I walked into joys shop I knew she was the florest I needed for my wedding. She is extremely talented and so creative. I was blown away with her knowledge of various types of flowers and knew exactly what I wanted from the beginning. Joy told me to trust her and I gave her full range to put together whatever she thought I would love.... and BOY was she right! She walked into my house the morning of my wedding and I couldn't stop hugging her! Everything from the guys boutonnières, to the flower girl basket, to my bridal bouquet was breathtaking! Joy took everything in my brain and made it all happen! For all the brides out there pleaseeee put your full trust in this woman's abilities! Joy and her team are truly the best at what they do!!

Taryn · Married on 03/23/2018

When searching for vendors my fiancé and I wanted to find someone that we could connect with. Someone that understood our vision and style. The second I sat down with Joy I knew right away I found my florist!! Joy knew exactly what I wanted. She gave me such good advice and had great ideas. I felt like I’ve known her for years!! The whole process working with Elegant Designs was perfect!
    I really wanted peonies in my bouquet but we weren’t sure if they would be ready in time. When Joy dropped the flowers off the morning of the wedding she surprised me with peonies!!! My bouquet took my breath away! Such an amazing job making our wedding beautiful and a dream come true!! I highly recommend Elegant Designs by Joy!

Alexandria · Married on 03/09/2018

Joy & her team are the BEST!! Joy has been arranging flowers for my family since 2012 and we wouldn't have it any other way. From our first meeting Joy knew exactly what I wanted for our wedding even when I couldn't put it into words. She is amazing at her craft! To all the brides out there, definitely work with Joy she will make your vision come to life and will leave all your guest in awe over your flowers! Another tip to brides, give Joy the creative freedom & to run with what you're thinking- you will not be disappointed because she is so freakin' good!!

Jennifer · Married on 02/17/2018

Elegant Designs by Joy was the perfect flower shop to use for our Wedding! After speaking with Joy along with the rest of the staff I knew I was in the right hands. You’ll love your finish product!

Christine · Married on 02/16/2018

Joy was an amazing person to work with. I showed her several pictures of the style of bridal bouquets and table centerpieces I admired as well as a variety of shades of purple that I wanted for my color scheme. She was so attentive and took the time to show me pictures of the various flowers that would be coming into season for my February wedding and the variety of purple colors. Sitting down with her felt like having coffee with a friend. My mother and I were so happy after our first appointment and knew instantly we wanted Joy and her team at Elegant Designs for the wedding. I nearly started to cry when Joy hand delivered my bouquet - it was more than I could I ever have dreamed of and absolutely perfect. The centerpieces at my reception were just as beautiful. I highly recommend Joy and her team at Elegant Designs!!! -Christine

Danielle · Married on 12/30/2017

I can’t possibly put into words how happy we are with the flowers Joy and her staff provided for our wedding!!!
    Although I did use some photos to show her what I was looking for / envisioning for the wedding bouquets, boutonnières and center pieces, Joy exceeded every expectation I could have possibly had.
    All the flowers were fresh, delivered timely, and she even added some special little touches. For example, our center pieces were lanterns with little decorated milk bottles in them, with little firefly lights inside, I asked Joy to create flowers to surround the lanterns- not only did she do a phenomenal job doing so, she called me the day before and asked if she could put some baby’s breath inside the little milk bottles because she thought it would look better that way. She really went above and beyond my expectations and was a pleasure to work with, as was her staff. I couldn’t recommend her more! She’s doing my friends wedding in July and I cannot wait to see the beautiful creations she has in store for her!
    Do not hesitate-
    Book her!!!!

Elegant Designs by Joy 21
    Elegant Designs by Joy 22
    Elegant Designs by Joy 23
    Elegant Designs by Joy 24

Kimberly · Married on 12/02/2017

Elegant Designs by Joy took my winter wedding dream and turned it into a reality. The bouquets and centerpieces they created surpassed all of my expectations. The variations of high and low centerpieces in the room were strategically placed based on how the tables were set up and gave such a visually inspiring look. There was such artistry and attention to detail. The flowers gave the exact effect I wanted, which was boho and glamorous. Joy and her team know their stuff. They know the vendors, the rooms, and best of all, they know their craft. I could not of dreamed of anything better than they created. Thank you!!!

Casey · Married on 11/18/2017

Joy and her team went above and beyond to help us make our day perfect. She was so great, even dropped off a few items because we were local... can't say enough! The flowers were UNBELIEVABLE and they lasted so long. I just threw my center piece out and its been a week and half!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Your welcome.. Loved working with you & your Mother, It's always fun when we get to create a custom floral look for our brides. Our Best to you.

Barbara · Married on 11/18/2017

Words cannot express how grateful we are to have had Elegant Designs by Joy provide the most beautiful and elegant floral arrangements and decor for our daughter's wedding. Joy, Chrissy & Kevin are true professionals and artists with the most amazing creativity we've seen. The whole process was seamless and stressless! Joy knows her stuff cold!!! She knows every venue & vendor therefore she is spot on with what flowers and arrangements are perfect for the day!!!
    Joy & crew we send you a huge hug and thank you for participating & succeeding in making our daughter's wedding day perfect!!!!

Jilian · Married on 11/10/2017

Joy did an amazing job on our wedding and she was one of the easiest vendors to communicate with. The boquets and centerpieces looked beautiful and she made them exactly how we discussed. We couldn’t have asked for more beautiful flowers for our wedding day!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Great working with you both. We are always more than happy to take some of the planning stress off of our couple's. So glad we made things a little easier and your day that much more special.

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Everything was beyond perfect! My family has been going to Joy for flowers for a few years now so when I got engaged I knew I would be using her. From the beginning, she was more than accommodating! Met with us after hours due to my husband's work schedule, made helpful suggestions about flowers I liked, and worked with my colors perfectly. On my bouquet she worked in four pieces of jewelry from my four grandparents. She also knew how important our two puppies were and made corsages to match the rest of the wedding party. I could not recommend her enough! I know this will not be the last time I get flowers from her!

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2017

Joy was an absolute pleasure to with. She quoted us at a much more reasonable price than other florists. Not only that, but in meeting with her you could tell she loves what she does and provided much needed creative insight to make my flowers perfect! I would highly recommend elegant designs by joy!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Thank you, and we are happy to hear we helped pull things together and added our creative touches

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

Absolutely amazing ! From beginning to end ! Joy was on top of everything for me ... responded to all of my enails so quickly !!! Wedding day --- everything was delivered on time set up and perfect ! I couldn't of been happier !! Everyone was saying how beautiful my flowers were !! Thank you joy and staff !!

Dawn · Married on 10/07/2017

Everything was beyond perfect!!!! Joy and her team were very easy to work with and made everything absolutely beautiful do us!!!!!! We will definitely be back for future events!!!!

Jacquelyn · Married on 10/06/2017

Joy & her team created exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. She is so easy going & open to working with whatever ideas I may have had.... I changed my mind five times during the course of my wedding planning - she was SO patient and easy to talk to. She understood exactly what I was looking for. Do yourself a favor, give her some pictures about what you are looking for & TRUST her to do her thing....she will NOT disappoint, I promise you. I would hire Joy & her crew for ANY event I have in the future. I would HIGHLY recommend her to any one. She stuck to my budget & was so so reasonable compared to other florists. She was so sweet & arranged boutonnieres and corsages for each of my nieces, brothers & sisters - such a special touch to acknowledge those we love on our big day. She was the best decision we made for our big day!! JOY....WE LOVE YOUR WORK & YOU. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR MAKING MY WEDDING DAY UNFORGETTABLE. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Elegant Designs by Joy's reply:

Jacquelyn, you are a true sweetie, From the first time we met you were so in love with getting married, & had great idea's, you let us do our thing with all your input & it was a pleasure to create special pieces for you & your family, of whom you always thought of. xoxo our best.

danielle · Married on 10/06/2017

There are not enough words to describe how amazing joy is with everything! From the second we met her we knew we didn't need to see anyone else! She was the only florist we went to and fell in love right away. As soon as I started to describe what I wanted she took a whole bunch of flowers and greenery anything I've never even heard of and made me a sample bouquet which was insane! My favorite part is that she comes to your house the morning of to bring you all of the flowers and boutonnieres. It's personal touches like that, that makes her different from all the rest. I cannot even tell you how many compliments we had received throughout the whole day and night! For the next few days even on our honeymoon I kept staring at my bouquet in a picture and kept saying to my husband how gorgeous is this !!! I love you guys ! You were amazing and I can't wait to use you for another event ??

Beth · Married on 09/30/2017

Joy came recommended by my wedding hall. We went in with a color scheme and not know really what We wanted. Joy and her team took the time out to show us different flowers and colors. She helped us pick out the perfect flowers for our centerpieces and mine and my sisters bouquets. The day of our wedding i walked in to the most beautiful centerpieces. My bouquet was beautiful and exactly me. I absolutely loved the flowers and the arrangements used. The flowers were colorful and vibrant. All our guest raved on how pretty they were. Joy and her staff were super friendly and nice. Joy and her staff went above and beyond. I went into her shop with a small idea of what I wanted and she took the time to make sure I was 110% happy. Definitely a great crew to work with and with the ability to make the most beautiful arrangements