Elegance Preserved Reviews

101 Reviews for Elegance Preserved

Elegance Preserved 1
Elegance Preserved 2
Elegance Preserved 3

I made my daughters wedding gown and searched for a cleaners I could trust, I wanted to have the dressed cleaned and pressed before the wedding. GreenStreets Cleaners did an unbelievable job, it was truly perfect. Working with Cris was a joy, she kept me informed during the entire cleaning process. Once the wedding was over I brought the gown back to have it preserved. I would recommend GreenStreets Cleaners for your wedding gown.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Aferdita · Married on 05/23/2015

I had my wedding gown cleaned at Greenstreet Cleaners, prior to my wedding in May. I bought a sample and therefore wanted to get it cleaned and pressed to perfection. The gown is silk satin, very beautiful but very delicate. I was also in a hurry to have it done by end of April.
    I'm very happy with how Greenstreet cleaners handeld this. The cleaning was completed two weeks before the date we had agreed which was a nice surprise. There were a few spots that had not been removed in the cleaning process since they were only visible in some lighting. This was a big worry for me but Greenstreet Cleaners kindly took it back and had those spots quickly removed. I worked with Cris and Sean and I'm very pleased with their approach and professionalism.
    I also had the dressed altered there, which also turned out great!

Sent on 04/13/2015

GreenStreets Cleaners has a nice, convenient location to where I live. Their showroom was nice and open. They kept me informed throughout the preservation process and were thorough in their explanation of the process. Although the preservation box is large, it appears that it will store my dress quite well.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/09/2015

Green Street cleaners provided top notch service. They kept me up to date throughout the entire cleaning process through email and I felt like my dress was in the best hands. I highly recommend using them for any kind of couture cleaning.

Sent on 06/04/2015

They did an excellent job and did a great job communicating about the service. Comparable to J Scheer for less than half the price!

Sent on 11/09/2015

GreenStreet has been wonderful, I dropped off my wedding dress to get cleaned and preserved. The GreenStreet team has been in constant communication and set realistic expectations, although they are extremely busy, they managed to get my dress finished ahead of time! I wasn't in a rush but they offered to rush the dress for my convenience and always included detailed information and explanations of what was being done. The team was also, very kind and accommodating allowing me to leave my dress there till I could get in. The best part is that they are open on weekends and have multiple locations. I was very happy with my experience :)

Sent on 06/26/2015

Kate · Married on 11/21/2014

I chose GreenStreets to clean my lace Amy Kuschel wedding gown after reading their great reviews on yelp!. I was definitely impressed by their service and the cleaning that was provided. I dropped my gown off and they provided me with a quote within a couple of days. The gown was completed early-- well before the estimated date. Even though I was out of town, they had no problem holding on to the gown for a couple of extra weeks. I had some staining on the hemline of the dress that they completely got out. Also, the gown is stored in a beautiful muslin bag and they even gave me a pair of gloves to use when handling the dress in the future. Throughout my experience, the staff was friendly, responsive and easy to work with. I highly recommend for your wedding needs!

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • User4561937 · 2+ years ago

I brought my wedding dress into GreenStreets Cleaners on the recommendation of my Bridal Salon and I am SO glad I did! I got married in the pouring rain, shocking in CA these days I know, but it happened! My wedding dress is a Jenny Packham with two layers, one silk and one lace tulle type - and when I brought it in to GreenStreets it had a water line from dancing the night away in the dusty-muddy vineyard where we got married. It has now been returned to me like new, better than I could've imagined. They will now be my all the time cleaners because they do such wonderful work!

Sent on 03/25/2015

I had a wonderful experience with my wedding dress cleaning and preservation with GreenStreets. My wedding ceremony was outdoors in a redwood grove, so you can only imagine how my dress looked after the wedding was over (dirt,sticks,needles in the train). But the worst part was I waited one whole year before I finally got around to getting my dress clean. After researching websites, I decided to take my dress to GreenStreets because of the wonderful reviews. When I arrived there was about 100 bridal gowns waiting to be cleaned which assured me I picked the right place. Suzanne was happy to assist me and told me how the wedding dress cleaning and preservation works in detail. She was very friendly and I felt very comfortable allowing GreenStreets to clean my dress. I was worried that there was no way the dirt stains were going to come out of my wedding dress train after being in the dress bag for a year. Suzanne assured me the dirt stains would come out and not to worry. At GreenStreets they also photograph your dress so they know every little detail before sending it off to the master dry cleaner. This also made me feel like they truly care about their customers and their quality of work! Suzanne told me it was going to be about a 4 month process. I had dropped off my dress at the end of August and it was promised to be completed by the beginning of December. I received email updates about the cleaning process throughout the months. And by mid October I had received an email that my dress cleaning was completed and ready for inspection before being preserved. ( A whole month and a half before it was supposed to be done) Bonnie brought out my dress and I was amazed. It looked brand new again! I was very pleased with how it looked especially after thinking it was never going to look that way again. At GreenStreets they truly care about their customers and are very friendly. They are also great about giving updates along the way either through email or phone calls.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Greenstreets did an amazing job cleaning my gown. The follow up from the Bridal Coordinator made me feel at ease that my gown was being well taken care of during the cleaning.

The 10 weeks wait was well worth it although that seems long. Though, some other places mentioned 10 months?!?!

When I received notification that it was ready to be viewed before boxing I was so excited. I made a viewing appointment and the coordinator was great about working with my busy schedule. When we opened up the bag to view my gown I immediately was brought to tears on how beautiful it looked again! The gown was a mess after my reception and they were able to bring it back to it's beauty.

Thank you GreenStreets!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Desiree · Married on 12/14/2013

All I can say is WOW! Greenstreets did a great job communicating with me about my dress through the entire cleaning process. They are friendly, responsive and eco-friendly. I saw them as my most local cleaner and have been completely satisfied. I got my Justin Alexander dress from Elegant Lace Bridal about 3 years ago and they made it look brand new.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Caterina · Married on 05/04/2013

Absolutely the best experience with any service industry. They are attentive and professional all the way!
    Three years ago, after my wedding, I was looking to clean and preserve the dress. My Jenny Packham Eden Dress was purchased from these wonderful French ladies at the Nouvelle Vogue in San Mateo, and they highly recommended me to send to Greenstreet Cleaner now Elegance Preserved. It was beautifully done and off I went.
    Fast forward three years later in August this year, I was away to vacation for 2 weeks. And my home and cat sitter accidentally let me cat into the area where I stored the preserved wedding dress. Even in its preserved box, my cat who is 21 years old managed to leave enough "urine" in the area which contaminated the preserved box. Upon my return, I was terrified with what I saw, and immediately open the preservation box to inspect. Although an small area of the box got wet, it didn't directly leaked any moisture on the gown. However, a slight "fume" was detected on the shoulder area of the highly sequined french lace. I was devastated and out of panic, I emailed the ladies at Nouvelle Vogue for advice and they immediately suggested me to contact Greenstreets Couture now Elegance Preserved.
    Sean, the Bridal Director contacted me promptly and discussed with me in details option I had, and what they might be able to do. He ensured me that the dress will be taken care of without any damage from what i described of the situation. He later arranged a special shipping box to send to me since I live in Southern California.
    Within a week, I received the shipping box and packaged the dress as directed to them. They were super attentive and Sean himself contacted me upon receiving my dress and explained to me the course of action they will take. Because my dress was cleaned and preserved with them originally, after they inspected it, they offered to spot treat the contaminated ar

Sent on 12/13/2016

Cameron · Married on 09/01/2012

Green Streets did an excellent job.. They were professional, polite, and were willing to work with me to give me exactly what I needed. They answered my emails in a timely manner and sent me updates about the dress along the way. They also were very clear about the price quote and gave me a detailed description of the entire process so I had a good understanding of everything. I bought my dress from Papers and Petals in Burlingame. I hope this shop recommends them to anyone wanting to preserve a wedding dress. They are the best in the area!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/27/2011

One week before my wedding, I noticed that the bottom of my dress was dirty, probably from the alterations. In a panic, I contacted Green Streets cleaners who I've been using for several years. Anthony, the wedding gown expert, agreed to clean my dress in time for our wedding. Because of the location of the stain, he had to clean and press and entire gown. He worked overtime on the dress and delivered a perfectly cleaned dress the day before the wedding. And the cost was less than what was originally quoted! I also had my dress cleaned and preserved by Green Streets after our wedding. What wonderful service! Anthony is the best wedding gown expert in the SF!

Sent on 02/01/2012

alicia · Married on 10/10/2010

Hi had my wedding gown cleaned and preserved here and the entire experience was so incredibly easy and helpful that I asked them to restore and preserve my grandmother's wedding gown as well. I initially called them because they are green. As we talked I found out that they are the only SF members of a wedding gown association and that they clean St. John's Knits clothes as well. I figured they had to be be amazing, if they have such an elite client. ANyway, Kevin, who I talked to, and I think is the owner, was so helpful in answering all my questions and explaining the importance of each step in the process that they take. They said everything was hand done, and that's why it takes a few weeks. I just had a baby, so they came and picked up the gown from my house.
    This was really the easiest part of my wedding...I don't know why I put it off for so long. And, yes, I inspected the gown when I got it back. Its as gorgeous as the day I wore it. My grandmother's gown, too. I really didn't think the spots would go away. I just wanted to get it preserved so the spots wouldn't get darker or bigger.The spots are gone! The silk and lace was so fragile and it seems like the cleaning process didn't affect it at all.
    Yes, its not cheap to preserve your gown, but compared to the other places that charge north of $700, spending $250 on cleaning your dress seems like a steal.
    All in all, this is the place. You won't get friendly, more informative and more accommodating service. I am very satisfied!

Sent on 02/05/2011

Ashley · Married on 07/18/2009

I had my wedding dress dry cleaned at preserved at Greenstreets (an SF-based eco-friendly dry cleaners) in July 2009. They did an excellent job, especially considering that a groomsman spilled red wine all over my off-white silk chiffon wedding dress... After getting back from the honeymoon, I brought my dress to Greenstreets for a consultation - I was terrified that I had ruined my dress. But Greenstreets said they would be able to remove the wine, and sure enough, they did an excellent job. Within two weeks, the off-white chiffon was cleaned perfectly, and the dress was put in a preservation box. I am very happy with the service I received and the quality of work. And a word to the wise ... my mom did not preserve her 1960's wedding dress and although she still has it, it has yellowed and has several mildew spots. She really regrets that she did not preserve it - but the upside is that I learned a lesson from her and made the effort to preserve my dress.

Sent on 03/08/2010
  • Maggie

Maggie Wesolowska · Married on 09/17/2005

Excellent wedding dress cleaning & preservation

I found Elegance Preserved via an online search & decided to trust them with my wedding dress cleaning and preservation based on their excellent reviews. I couldn't be happier with that decision. From the moment I contacted them, their friendly & helpful staff handheld me through the entire process -- explaining the steps & timeline, providing a reasonable quote, arranging a convenient drop-off for me, and then staying in touch as they worked on my dress, sending updates & photos, scheduling a viewing, and again arranging a convenient pick-up. Most importantly, the results with my dress were fantastic -- they took so much care to gently remove some challenging stains without any damage. I'm so happy with my experience and would recommend Elegance Preserved to anyone looking for someone to trust with care for such an important item.

Sent on 06/22/2019

Reboxed my wedding dress 20 years later...excellent customer service!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Danielle · Married on 12/02/2016

Green Streets Cleaners did an amazing job with my wedding dress! I needed a dry cleaner in San Francisco who could steam my dress prior to our destination wedding in the city. We were on a limited time frame, and I only had about 2 days to get the dress steamed before I needed it back, and I was concerned about finding somewhere that could handle it. As it turns out, Green Streets was such a find! Sean, our contact at the company, was SO HELPFUL. He was very communicative via email, helped me understand the process and timeline, found which location was closest to our hotel, and worked out when I could drop off my dress and get it back. All told, it took less than 48 hours (more like 24!) to get my dress steamed. All of the wrinkles from packing/traveling were gone. It was flawless. The cost? About $230, which was well worth it, given the limited time frame we had - I dropped it off on Tuesday, and I had it back Thursday morning (it was ready Wednesday evening), which was the day of our rehearsal dinner. I highly recommend Green Streets Cleaners for your wedding dress care! For those interested, my dress was a Pronovias dress: crepe column/mermaid style, with a bateau neckline, illusion netting and lace back, with lace going down the entire back of the dress, and a very long train.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Dana · Married on 08/06/2016

I highly, and without reservation, recommend Elegance Preserved to any Bay Area bride. After purchasing my Allure dress from Janene's Bridal Boutique in Alameda, I was pointed in EP's direction by my stylist and am so thankful to have worked with their fabulous cleaning and preservation crew post-wedding! Not only does this company live and breathe quality services, but they're top notch when it comes to communicating with clients and validating their experience from the initial inquiry to the final pick up. I also commend Elegance Preserved for ensuring that every bride--no matter her budget--has the opportunity to receive the best care for her gown without breaking the bank. I am more than grateful to this wonderful company!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Sophie · Married on 07/01/2016

The designer of my wedding dress (Trish Lee from San Francisco, who I highly recommend for her simple yet sophisticated designs, amazing fabric quality and beautiful studio) recommended to use Elegance Preserved because they are the best wedding dress cleaners and preservers in the Bay Area!

Elegance Preserved’s customer service was extraordinary! And they did a good job at taking the stains away from my gown :-) Thank you Sean, Diana and the cleaning crew!

To the future brides, make sure to include wedding dress cleaning and preservation in your budget ;-)

Disclaimer: I received a small discount to write a review, but my review is sincere.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Celeste · Married on 05/07/2016

I took my wedding dress in to be cleaned and preserved and highly recommend GreenStreets who pays special attention to details and handles your dress with the utmost care.

Though many cleaners claim to do the work, handing over your most expensive and special clothing item is best handled by a specialist like GreenStreets who utilizes special processes. Upon dropping off my dress, they continually kept me informed of where my dress was in the process, which provided comfort knowing that my dress was in good hands.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Caasi · Married on 06/27/2015

This was a great experience for me. I have a beautiful Oscar dress and leaving in the hands of someone was hard for me, but GreenStreets did a good job. I even asked to see the dress before they put it in the box and they were happy to do that for me. Super nice people. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/15/2015
  • User4331967 · 2+ years ago

GreenStreet Cleaners is the only cleaning service I considered for my wedding dress cleaning/ preservation based on their reviews and an initial consultation by email. They are very professional, responsive, and I cannot wait to see my gown back in it's original condition!

Sent on 09/14/2015
  • F

Francesca · Married on 02/14/2014

I took my beautiful wedding dress to be cleaned and preserved at Green Street Cleaners. They were amazing! Not only does my dress look brand new ( I don't even know how they removed all the stains and dirt from the bottom), they do a great job with the preservation. They even include gloves and special instructions so you can look at your dress carefully. The customer service was on point, and answered all my questions and concerns. They also explained in detail how they clean the dress and their system of preserving them. I would highly recommend Green Street Cleaners!

Sent on 07/01/2014