Elegance Preserved Reviews

Elegance Preserved 1
Elegance Preserved 2
Elegance Preserved 3

Nichole Maggio · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Cleaning my sample sale gown!

I bought a gown from a company I work for right off the floor because I loved it so much! I had no thoughts about what it would take to get it cleaned. Elegance Preserved has an amazing and informative website that makes the process smooth and easy! Your gown is in great hands with this company and I highly recommend them for any preservation or cleaning service.

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Terriann

Terriann Nohilly · Married on 05/26/2019

Highly Recommend!! (Live in Brooklyn and would recommend to all!)

I highly highly recommend Elegance Preserved for wedding dress cleaning and preservation. I has the best (seriously) experience. From communication to the actual cleaning - they were professional, responsive, affordable, and a pleasure to work with. I don't live in SF but they make it so easy. I shipped by dress via UPS and they shipped it back to me in a nice box.
    I ended up needing the dress rush because I am having a second wedding in Ireland, just weeks after a celebration in Brooklyn and they complete accommodated by needs. They also made me feel so good about the process. They called me to tell me that the dress had arrived and were so lovely over the phone.
    They made a process that could have been very stressful - the easiest.
    And my dress looks just like new!!!

I emailed my friend who lives in SF - that hasn't even gotten married yet to tell her about Elegance Preserved that she should use them!

Dress Type: Alyssa Kristen - Amelia Gown
    Boutique: Schone Bridal Brooklyn
    Found Out: From Schone Bride

Sent on 06/25/2019

Chloe Wong · Married on 03/09/2019

It's New Again!

The first dress I ever tried on was the dress I picked for my wedding (Rosemary from Amy Kuschel) at Amy's Boutique in San Francisco. My dress was definitely one of the major highlights for me. The wedding was fantastic, but the dress and veil did not come out unscathed. I had flower pollen, lipstick and a lot of dirt and grime at the bottom of my dress since it was drizzling that day. Also, I happened to accidentally step on my veil and slightly ripped it.

Because my dress was important to me, I had to make sure that it was preserved correctly. I actually found Elegance Preserved online and decided to go with them because of their professionalism and wonderfully detailed website. Making the request and dropping off the dress was super easy! The onsite store in San Francisco was really easy to find and there's plenty of metered parking nearby. The store front is small, but it's clean and inviting. You can tell by walking in that your dress will be taken care of. You simply drop off your dress and wait a few months to allow them to clean the dress. It seems like forever, but it's well worth the wait!

They contact you during the process to check-in and make sure you are okay with the cleaning and if there are any repairs that need to be made. I was a little nervous about picking the veil because they had indicated that there might be a noticeable line where the veil ripped. However, I picked up the dress and they did a quick unboxing to show what it looked like. I can't say anything else but WOW! I remember that my dress was a little yellow on the bodice from flower pollen, a lipstick stain on the top back button and a ton of dirt on the train. All of that was gone! It looked brand new! Also, while they warned me that there would be a slight line on the veil repair, you could barely see it.

I highly recommend Elegance Preserved. They did an amazing job. You can definitely trust them to take care of one of the most important pieces of your wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Roosevelt McCluskey · Married on 01/19/2019

Love from nyc!

I purchased my DREAM wedding dress - Sunsets Forever by Sarah Seven - at the Sarah Seven Boutique in Chicago with my matron of honor. Had my alterations done at the NYC Sarah Seven flagship, mere blocks from our wedding venues. By the end of the night, my dress showed how much fun we'd had and how much of the city we'd seen - January in NYC is definitely not kind to light colors, especially white!
    Sarah Seven had only one recommendation for dress cleaning and preservation - Elegance Preserved - despite being on the literal other side of the country, and now I know why. The customer service is exceptional, communication is prompt, professional and thorough, their work is tremendous, and they are fully transparent about the process and results. My dress is back to beautiful and I am SO grateful!! Elegance Preserved is the best!!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Deborah · Married on 12/08/2018

I purchased a sample gown from local San Francisco designer, Trish Lee (also a 5 star experience). She recommended Elegance Preserved to get it cleaned. The dress had a dirty hem, clip marks and lotion/oil stains under the arms. I wanted to get it cleaned as soon as I bought it because it was giving me anxiety knowing how dirty it was hanging in my closet.

The team at Elegance Preserved communicated with me every step of the way through text, email and calls. The entire experience was great and I just knew that my dress was in good hands.

My dress came out super clean and it looks brand new, the silk looks luminous again!

I even recommended them to a friend who had not gotten her dress cleaned after her wedding because she was so worried to leave it in anyones hands.

It was also such a perk to go to the bright & airy shop in person in SF. I'll definitely be back after the wedding to get it cleaned and preserved.

Thank you again EP!

DM

Sent on 06/05/2018

Eva · Married on 09/29/2018

Hands down, the BEST!

Thinking about wedding gown shopping made me nervous to even think about, I was so worried I wouldn’t be able to find a wedding gown that suited me. My first stop was Trudy’s Brides in Campbell, Ca and after trying on three dresses, my stylist knew exactly what I wanted and brought out the most perfect dress for me. Although I knew it was perfect I tried on 6 more dress to assure myself. In the end I went back to my fourth dress and felt so relieved. Now, I’m very detail oriented, so my dress had to be too, so many beads and ruffles! That Allure, Madison James Collections, wedding gown was so perfectly me.

Now for the big day! We took pictures at the winery our reception was at and I partied all night! The bottom of my dress was as dirty as a soiled mop! When it came to having it cleaned I couldn’t just take it to our local cleaners. It gave me anxiety to have to once again find a perfect fit, but this time not just for me but for my dress as well. After a day or two of research I remembered Trudy’s Brides recommended vendors booklet, and that’s were I found Elegance Preserved— I emailed them right away. They responded so quickly and were very personable. I dropped off my dress ASAP and got my quote for the dress preservation/cleaning on time. All of the staff I interacted with was very professional and made me feel like my dress was in the best hands. Once my dress was ready and I went to pick it up they showed it to me and the beading was still as beautiful as the day I bought my dress, the ruffles were still alive and fluffy and I felt so happy to have entrusted my gown to them. Hands down the best, and I’ll be recommending them to every bride in need!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

I bought an amazing wedding dress, Songbird, by Amy Kuschel from her store in downtown San Francisco. Since the dress was a store sample, Amy Kuschel and her staff recommended that I get it cleaned before taking it to get altered. I knew I could not go to just anyone, since I still needed to wear the dress (and wanted it to be perfect) for my wedding. Elegance Preserved came highly recommended by the staff at Amy Kuschel! And my experience at Elegance Preserved was fantastic. They were even able to accommodate my request for the dress to be done in a very short time frame (1 week!) due to the fact that I had an alterations appointment to attend. Everyone there was professional and super nice. And I really appreciated getting regular email and text updates. Plus, my dress looks amazing and perfect! I would highly recommend Elegance Preserved and I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Jennaway

Jennaway · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing and Delightful

Elegance preserved did an amazing job cleaning up my dress! I wore the Summer Bella designed by Galia Lahav and it has a TON of netted beads. They were able to make my dress pretty much brand new.
    I bought my dress from Kinsley James in Walnut Creek and they had recommended Elegance Preserved when I bought my dress. Im so thankful that everyone I worked with helped direct me to the right places, because I wasn't thinking about my dress cleaning at that time, but really needed it afterward. I love my dress and am so happy I got it boxed up to keep as an heirloom for years to come!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Lauren Keeney · Married on 08/01/2018

They did such a great job!

This shop did such a great job with my dress! It looks brand new and the customer service was great. My dress was from Helen Miller and they recommended this company for after my wedding and am so happy they did! I definitely recommend highly for other newly married brides :)

Sent on 01/20/2019

Natalie · Married on 06/09/2018

Total Confidence

We chose to have our wedding dresses cleaned a preserved by Elegance Preserved after our wedding dress designer, Helen Miller, suggested we use them. We also found wonderful reviews online about them. My dress was very long with a large train and our wedding ceremony was outdoors. Needless to say, the bottom of my dress was very dirty by the end of the night. Elegance Preserved was wonderful from the moment we walked in. I felt very confident in leaving my dress with them. 3 months later, we came to collect our dresses and they looked perfect; almost as though I have never worn it. They even put it in a special box with gloves in case you want to handle your dress. I would highly recommend Elegance Preserved.

Sent on 04/06/2019
    Elegance Preserved 4
    Elegance Preserved 5

Eugenia · Married on 05/27/2018

This review is a bit overdue, but the story behind how we found them was that my husband had been researching several places for me. He ultimately advised me to go with EP because of their great reputation. And I am so HAPPY that he suggested them because they did excellent work. The shop was super clean and tidy. They also had a lot of dresses in there which confirmed their great reputation because brides trust them with their special day dresses. My husband and I got married at the end of May '18 I wore a Christina Wu fit and flare ivory lace dress with a sweetheart neckline. I first saw this dress at a boutique called Renfros in downtown Placerville CA. Five years ago one of my best friends was getting married and this dress was there. I remember seeing it and falling hopelessly in love with it. Thankfully I took a picture of the dress so when I started wedding dress shopping I would show this dress to the boutique consultants but everything they brought me was not quite right. After trying a couple of boutiques in the area I finally called the boutique and asked them for this dress. I was a bit afraid they would not have it but they did! so I made an appointment and hoped that my wedding dress search was over. The day came for my appointment and the dress was perfect and the price was right... after that I did not look back. Unfortunately, the boutique closed shortly after I received my dress due to a personal family matter. My dress was only dirty from the bottom and on the train, I was so afraid that they weren't going to be able to get it clean but they did an excellent job. I'm happy to report that my dress is back in my possession beautifully preserved and cleaner than ever. I can't thank Sean and the team enough for the work they did. They were incredibly helpful and their customer service was excellent.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Mitra · Married on 11/21/2017

I recently dropped off my gown at the convenient 244 Townsend St. (SOMA), San Francisco drop off/pick up location. The process and communication so far has been professional, quick, straightforward and informative. I purchased my beaded and lace Ines Di Santo gown from Bridal Galleria and I am confident that Elegance Preserve will do a fantastic job cleaning the dirtied hemline.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Kelly · Married on 11/11/2017

Elegance Preserved came highly recommended by my tailor, Tailor Made. I was nervous taking my dress anywhere due to the delicate details of my Alexandra Grecco dress. However, the professionalism of Elegance Preserved put me at ease. They are attentive, detailed, and are truly masters in their craft. I appreciated the before and after pictures, the availability to chat on the phone, and the email updates along the way. Diane, thank you to you are your team for making my beautiful dress look brand new! I highly recommend taking your wedding dress here!

Sent on 05/26/2018
    Elegance Preserved 6
  • I

Irene · Married on 10/28/2017

Diane & her team did a great job making my dress look brand new again. Love their attention to detail as well as customer service. Glad Amy Kuschel introduced Elegance Preserved! Very happy gal!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Kathleen · Married on 10/28/2017

Over half a year after my wedding day, I finally decided to clean and preserve my wedding dress and went on the search for somewhere that could do it well without severely hurting my pocketbook. I came across Elegance Preserved on multiple websites including the Knot and Yelp. Although Elegance Preserved is on the more expensive side for wedding dress preservation services, I believe it is worth the cost. If not for the beautiful results of their services, Elegance Perserved's services are certainly worth the cost given the feeling of assurance I had that my dress was in the right hands with them.

I bought my Galina Signature gown from David's Bridal, and, even though it is not a gown from a luxury boutique, it's a beautiful, expensive gown that carries a lot of meaning and significance for me. I didn't want to worry about it possibly being damaged during the preservation process. I was able to set my worries aside with Elegance Preserved, because of their proven track record of excellent, professional services. Furthermore, the process was smooth and transparent; I was given updates every step of the way. Within a month my wedding dress was ready to be picked up, and the results were perfect! I would highly recommend trusting Elegance Preserved with wedding dress preservation.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Shengyin · Married on 10/21/2017

My dress is Katherine cardinal purchased from Vera Wang Bridal in San Francisco. The dry cleaning service Vera officially recommends is J. Scheer. However J. Scheer does not have a physical store in SF, and I didn't want to mail in my big ball gown. I was anxiously looking for the best bridal cleaner in the city. EP patiently answered all my questions (I had a lot of them!) and made sure I was comfortable with the process. They kept me posted throughout the process. The experience was great and I like the result. It turned out to be more economical than J. Scheer not that it was a decision factor. I would recommend EP.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Lily · Married on 10/14/2017

I purchased my Jim Hjelm dress from Bridal Galleria in San Francisco. It was a large full ball gown so altering/cleaning was not straightforward, but I was lucky to find an awesome seamstress in the East Bay who did a great job, and then recommended Elegance Preserved for cleaning after the wedding (she wouldn't recommend anyone else!). The process with Elegance Preserved was really smooth and I was delighted by the finished result when I picked up my gown. They packed it in a box that will make it very easy to look at the dress in the future without having to unpack the whole thing and worry about messing up the preservation. I would definitely recommend Elegance Preserved to other brides!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Hannah · Married on 09/02/2017

Tailor Maid altered my dress and recommend Elegance Preserved. My dress was bought as is on the floor so I knew I wanted to clean it before my wedding. They picked up and delivered my dress to Tailor Maid before my final fitting. Check them out.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Viridiana · Married on 07/22/2017

I had a wonderful experience with the Elegance Preserved team preserving my wedding gown! They handled my Sophia Tolli wedding gown with such delicacy and care. I purchased my gown at LeMarriage Couture in Beverly Hills. My gown had exquisite and very fine detail that I was very nervous to have it preserved at just any place. I had heard such wonderful things about Elegance Preserved and they were right. They did such an excellent job!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Carol · Married on 06/24/2017

I took my Watters, silk chiffon wedding dress (that I purchased from Trudy's) to Mulberrys & Greenstreets Cleaners in Belmont to have it preserved. My sister-in-law said they did an amazing job with her dress, and she was right! The cleaners sent my dress to Elegance Preserved, and the level of professionalism exceeded my expectations. They cleaned all of the layers of my complicated, beaded dress, go rid of multiple food/drink stains, and they also repaired a torn strap. Every email correspondence from Elegance Preserved was prompt and clear, as they explained the cleaning and preserving process thoroughly. To my pleasant surprise, they finished cleaning and preserving my dress 1 1/2 months before the initial date they gave me--amazing! If you're looking for quality work, contact Elegance Preserved NOW!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2017

I purchased my Sareh Nouri dress at the Vows Outlet in Watertown, MA where I live. I grew up in Belmont, CA, and was married in Sonoma, so my mom learned about Elegance Preserved through Mulberrys & Greenstreet Cleaners in Belmont. I also did some independent research, and came to the same conclusion as other reviewers, that Elegance Preserved was the best place to get my gown cleaned and preserved. Sean talked us through the entire process, and explained the reason
    that a very small area, from the underneath part of the train, was not able to be removed. He understands fabric and is extremely conscious of preserving the integrity of the gown by not over-treating the fabric. I am very happy with the results, and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Sha · Married on 05/10/2017

They 're recommended to us by one of the boutiques that we got my wedding gowns from. It was a great experience having my wedding dresses, cleaned and preserved by Elegance Preserved.
    The communications were great from the beginning, and they even tried hard giving useful suggestions to meet our need. We can definitely feel the different how their service compare to others, after talking to other gown preserve/ cleaning companies, we know immediately that they were the one to go with.
    The cleaned dresses look well and preserved well.
    We are glad that we chose Elegance Preserved for their service and strongly recommend them.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Lyndsay · Married on 04/01/2017

Elegance Preserved gets 5 stars from me! My Helen Miller Dress was purchased at her salon in San Francisco and they also recommended Elegance Preserved. Luckily they had because a week after our wedding our apartment for mold and it ended up in the seems of my dress just that one week! I obviously lost my mind but EP saved my dress...and saved me from going crazy! They got the mold off, leaned all the wedding day dirt, and brought my dress back to life! They were also very helpful and worked with me because my unique situation of mold and even sent it to a specialist to make sure it would be cleaned properly, they kept me updated on what status of the dress, and even had the dress done ahead of schedule. I'll be sure to also suggest EP to all my friends getting married!

Sent on 06/24/2017
  • Y

Yang · Married on 03/25/2017

I bought my wedding dress off the shelf from brides of California. I only have 2 weeks prior to my wedding, but the dress needs some cleaning and alteration. The store owner recommend Elegance Preserved. They focus on high end bridal dress cleaning and preserved service. I contact Sean and explain the urgency of the cleaning and request the dress to be clean in 1 week. He gives me a very reasonable price and get the dress clean in perfect condition within 2 days! I am very impressed and happy with the cleaning and customer service they have provided. I would recommend anyone to Elegance Preserved. Thank you!

Sent on 03/19/2017