Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier Reviews

453 | Vienna, VA

453 Reviews for Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier

Danielle Woodall · Getting married on 11/10/2023

Far exceeded my expectations

There is not enough good things I can say about Elegance by Roya. I was extremely nervous to go dress shopping since I'm a bit of a tom boy and very rarely buy dresses. Jacklyn was wonderful. She had me at ease in no time, and made me feel like a VIP. She listened to what type of styles I was looking for, and even had me try on ones I wasn't sure about. I tried on a total of 6 dresses and the third one was "the one." Jacklyn nailed the fit and design perfectly, and had a veil ready that perfectly compliments my dress. And the best part was the price. It was exactly what I wanted to spend. I did a lot of research on salons, and I will definitely say Elegance By Roya far exceeded my expectations. It truly deserves the 5 star rating.

Sent on 08/12/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Danielle- We are so thrilled that we were able to be apart of your special day and help you find the gown of your dreams! Your kind words about your experience here mean the absolute world to us! Thank you so much for taking the time to write is us such a beautiful review!
  • Joyce

Joyce · Getting married on 05/30/2021

Definitely check them out!

I walked by EBR on my back from another (disappointing) bridal shop in Old Town Alexandria. Though they don't take walk-ins, I ended up making an appointment, not really expecting much. But after working with Kristine at the Old Town Alexandria location and Mariam at the Tysons Corner location, I've been really impressed! Both locations have a posh feel while still being very welcoming, and each has a wide selection of gowns at various price points. What I really loved about EBR, though, is how thoughtful, focused, and professional the stylists are -- which is not something I've experienced at the handful of other boutiques I visited. Both Kristine and Mariam took the time to talk to me about what I was looking for, what I liked and didn't like about gowns I tried on, and after listening to my feedback, they were able to verbalize what I wanted even when I couldn't myself. They also made really apt suggestions based on my responses, responded to all my emails timely, and didn't pressure me at all throughout the decision-making process. I ended up choosing a gown at a trunk show, and they gave me a generous discount on a gown I fell in love with that would have been way outside of my budget otherwise. Definitely one of the best salon experiences I've had in the DMV area!!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Hi Joyce,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind words and taking the time to write us such a beautiful review. We are so happy to here that you had such wonderful experiences at both our Old Town, Alexandria and Tysons Corner location. We are so excited to be apart of your wedding planning process! Thank you again, Joyce!
  • Laura

Laura Whitaker · Getting married on 04/11/2021

Absolutely incredible in every way

BEST BRIDAL SALON IN DC AREA!!! I cannot gush enough about how exceptional this salon is, or how amazing Jacklyn—the bridal expert who helped me during my visit—is to work with as a bride. Her careful consideration of my budget, her immediate grasp of my vision, her eye for detail, her sensitivity to my self-professed “awkward” areas (thank you for the body positivity cheerleading, Jacklyn!), the clear joy she takes in helping brides to find the perfect dress, and the breadth of her expertise were all stellar. She made me feel beautiful and, most importantly, seen and heard. Elegance by Roya should be a “must” salon to visit for any bride in the Washington, D.C. area—the quality of their gowns and service is beyond exceptional. Jacklyn, thank you for an incomparable experience!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Hi Laura,
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a kind and heart warming review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with Jacklyn while shopping for your bridal gown! Many best wishes!
    OX- EBR Team
  • Jessica

Jessica Maddux · Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing experience with Roya and her team

I can not recommend Roya’s enough! I bought my dress before the pandemic and then had to cancel our original wedding plans (like many other 2020 brides) and Roya and her team were so incredibly understanding and helpful during the whole process. I wasn’t totally happy with one fitting towards the end and they went above and beyond with additional alterations to make sure that the dress fit and looked the way I wanted on our re-imagined big day. I’m so glad that I got my dress from Roya’s and would recommend them to any bride in the DC area!

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Lucia

Lucia Mejia · Married on 08/22/2020

I loved my dress!!!

Farah is the best for alterations. She made my dress look amazing! I was able to have two fittings and and she listens to what you want! The entire staff in this place is so welcoming and knowledgeable!!! Try them out you won’t regret it!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Nicol Martins · Married on 08/20/2020

5 Stars *****

Hi! I went in recently to look for my wedding dress and I was in love with Elegance by Roya. All the dresses were beautiful and Sahar was amazing in assisting me. She was also extremely attentive and sweet! My closest ladies came with me to chose my dress for my special day. It was everything I imagined and much more. Everyone there is so sweet and helpful! I knew instantly that I wanted my dress from here and this happened. It was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend. Thank you, Elegance by Roya!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Nicol, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are grateful to hear that Sahar was able to help you find your dream wedding dress. Best wishes!

Kelly Ivins-O'keefe · Married on 08/05/2020

Fantastic experience with a great consultant

I had a great experience at this salon. I had already gone to several other appointments, but the range of dresses at this salon was top notch. I also felt like Jacklyn really honed in on what I was looking for and did a great job presenting options. Would highly recommend to any bride in the DC area.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Kelly, thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that Jacklyn was there to help find your perfect wedding dress. Have a lovely day!
  • Casey

Casey Saline · Married on 07/04/2020

Incredible!

So many choices!
    Wonderful consultants!
    Great prices!
    I had an absolutely incredible experience here. My consultant was incredible and very flexible as I worked through what fit I loved and ultimately what dress was perfect for me. She even matched me with the perfect veil!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Casey, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We couldn't be happier that you had a wonderful experience with us. Have a lovely day!
  • Morgan

Morgan Morrell · Married on 05/01/2020

Amazing service, unique dresses!

I found my dress at Elegance by Roya at the Tyson's location. My mom and I came up from Richmond, VA to shop in the DC area. We worked with Jacklyn who was absolutely amazing. She listened to what I was looking for and delivered! She was so knowledgeable, giving great advice on everything from alterations to accessories. Her focus was on me being successful in finding the perfect dress for my wedding. Elegance has such an amazing selection of truly special gowns. I fell in love with three gowns and needed some time to think. They were able to accommodate us coming back the next morning at our convenience for another appointment. The decision was clear to me then. I love my gown (and my veil). It is classic yet unique, exactly what I wanted. I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day! I would recommend them to anyone, it was well worth the weekend trip!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Hi Morgan,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us such a kind review! It warms our hearts that you had such a memorable experience! We appreciate your travel to us here in Tysons Corner and thrilled you found the gown of your dreams- we already can't wait to see your wedding photos! Thank you again, Morgan!
  • Melanie

Melanie Baucom · Married on 03/21/2020

Best experience, hands down!!!

I cannot possibly say enough how wonderful Elegance by Roya – Tysons is! THIS SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST AND ONLY STOP to buy the wedding dress of your dreams! This was my third wedding dress shop. I had tried on over 30 dresses and was pretty sure I knew which dress I wanted. It had a sparkly skirt and intricate beaded/laced/gemstone illusion top! It was beautiful! But when I arrived, I explained to Jacklyn that I was pretty sure that was the dress I wanted, but that I wanted to make sure. She asked questions about my fiancé (now husband), how we met, where we were getting married, etc. I was open to any dress as long as it wasn’t strapless. At one point Jacklyn asked, “It’s great you feel like a princess, but do you feel like a bride?” I was taken aback by the question, but it was THE question every bride needs to ask herself when shopping for a wedding dress. She then handed me a dress that was “her pick.” It was unlike anything I had tried on—no lace, no sparkle, no beads. Oh, and it was strapless. But as soon as I put it on, my mind shifted. It was so different, but it was so elegant. I still wasn’t sure about the no-straps concept, but then she took the surprise a step further. She tucked some fabric into the dress for off-the-shoulder sleeves, and my mom, my sister, and future mother-in-law all immediately gasped and started crying. Once she added the veil, there was no going back. They customized the sleeves and the dress was all mine! From that moment on, EBR took very care of me to make sure my dress got in on time. The alterations process was smooth and painless, and everything was completed on time or earlier. Jacklyn’s talent and eye for bridal beauty is absolutely incredible and the whole team at EBR was an absolute delight to work with. Unfortunately, my full wedding was postponed because of COVID-19, so my husband and I had a very private marriage ceremony instead. But I’m excited because it means I get to wear my EBR-picked dress TWICE!! :)

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Raisa

Raisa Sheynberg · Married on 03/01/2020

Wonderful experience

I worked with Farah at Elegance by Roya. I found the experience easy and accessible. No one tried to upsell me. I was given options within my price range and felt I had lots to choose from. I found the staff attentive, knowledgeable but not overbearing....oh and I only had 2 months before my wedding. I strongly recommend Elegancy by Roya.

Sent on 04/05/2020
  • Beth

Beth Toolan · Married on 02/15/2020

Great customer service

Elegance by Roya had my perfect dress for the day. The shop kept me informed on my dresses status, and the steamstress staff, specifically Chelsea made me feel important and beautiful each time I came in. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/23/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Beth, thank you for your kind review of our store. We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with Chelsea and the rest of our staff. Your wedding photo looks amazing as well! All the best to you and your husband!
  • Christine

Christine Luthy · Married on 01/25/2020

Beautiful Dress and Wonderful Staff

Post-Wedding Follow-Up:
    I could not recommend Elegance by Roya more. Jacklyn helped me find the absolute perfect dress and veil! She was so kind, thoughtful, fun, and supportive throughout the whole process. Chelsea did a fantastic job with the alternations, helping to make sure that I was comfortable and actually able to dance in the dress. Roya also was super supportive when I requested a last minute alternation to help me with an insecurity of mine. I felt beautiful on my wedding day, and I really have the team at Elegance by Roya to that for that.

Pre-Wedding:
    While searching for my wedding dress I actually went to two Elegance by Roya locations (Alexandria, Tyson's) and had an amazing experience at both. Jacklyn (Tyson's) and Kristine (Alexanderia) were fantastic at helping me articulate my vision and find my dream dress. The one that Jacklyn picked for me was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I could not be more thrilled with my choice! She even helped me pick a beautiful view to compliment it. She was also an incredibly sweet and helpful consultant. As someone who searched for dresses in NYC, NJ, DC, and VA, I can confidently say that the service and salon at Elegance by Roya was the best!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Hi Christine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a sweet review. We are so happy to hear that you had wonderful experiences at both our Tysons Corner and Old Town Alexandria location! We couldn't be happier to have you apart of the Elegance by Roya family! Thank you so much again for your kind words, Christine!

Chelsea Augustine · Married on 01/20/2020

Truly Magical wedding dress shopping experience

My experience at Elegance by Roya was everything I wanted it to be. My alterations expert worked with me every step of the way. She was flexible with appointments and my dress turned out better than I could have hoped. She really took the time to listen to my concerns and my wishes for how I wanted to look on my wedding day. They were a little more money then I wanted to spend on alterations, but in the end they were worth every penny! I would do it the same way over again and again. I have been a bridesmaid 5 times, so I have seen many brides alter their dress in the own way and I'm so glad I went through Elegance by Roya for my dress purchase and alterations.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Chelsea, thank you for sharing your experience with us. You looked amazing in your wedding photo! All the best to you and your family!
  • Carolyn

Carolyn OLoughlin · Married on 01/11/2020

Dream Dress

Elegance by Roya was amazing to working with! After I found my dress, they were able to help me plan my alterations around my trips back to Alexandria. The alterations turned out beautiful as well! Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/16/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Carolyn, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are happy to hear that we were able to help you find the dress of your dreams. Best wishes!
  • Sam

Sam Ana · Married on 01/04/2020

Wonderful experience - extremely kind of helpful

I found Elegance because they carried a specific designer I really loved (Anne Barge) and I'm so glad I did! I can't say enough good things about them. The appointment process was simple and they were extremely responsive. The salon is also beautiful - organized, clean and quiet so you don't feel overwhelmed.

The consultant working with me was only working with me for our appointment (which isn't always the case at other salons), and I never felt rushed or pressured. I felt like a friend was helping me shop : )

When I was close to selecting my dress, I was hesitant because there was one element I wished could be different. The gown, which was strapless, went straight across my back but I wanted it to be more v-shaped and angled in towards the zipper and buttons like some other gowns I had tried on. This isn't a minor change to make, but Elegance made the process so easy. They worked directly with the designer to have them customize it for me so they could be sure the bodice fit correctly. I also ordered it in a slightly different color than what was in the salon for that style dress. They put me at ease throughout the entire customization process and I was never worried. They were just so on top of everything!

They also do the fittings and alterations at the same location (also not always the case with other salons). This was really nice so that when it came time for my fittings and alterations the woman who helped me pick my dress was there to see me and continue providing advice.

Elegance really made the entire experience from my first appointment to the day I took my dress home, not just an easy experience, but one I truly enjoyed.

Sent on 01/28/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Sam, thank you for sharing your kind review about our salon. We are so pleased to know that we were able to help customize your dress to make it absolutely perfect. All the best to you and your family!
  • F

Freshta · Married on 12/28/2019

Absolutely wonderful experience

Loved everything about this store from start to end. They have a very nice collection and staff is very knowledgeable. Roya is so sweet!

Sent on 01/24/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Freshta, thank you for your kind words about us. We are so grateful to know you enjoyed your entire experience here with us. Best wishes!
  • TRACY

Tracy · Married on 12/14/2019

It was perfect

My wedding was in California , the staff was excellent, the process from choosing the dress to altering it and then flying with it from DC to Santa Barbara was seamless. 100% recommend

Sent on 02/05/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Tracy, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. Your wedding photo is absolutely stunning! Best wishes to you and your husband!

Samantha · Married on 11/16/2019

Definitely check them out

Amazing!! These women made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. They were super helpful all along the way.

Sent on 08/17/2019

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Samantha, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that our stylists were very helpful during your appointment with us. Have a lovely day!

Liz Sidaros · Married on 11/10/2019

AMAZING! My Randy Fenoli dress was perfect

Had an AMAZING experience with Elegance by Roya. The staff was so helpful, so down to earth and so responsive. It made picking my dress, alterations and pick up so easy!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Liz, thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your entire experience at Elegance by Roya. Best wishes to you and your family!

Melissa Price · Married on 11/10/2019

Perfect Experience!

I started my wedding dress shopping in February of last year and what I thought would be an exciting day with some of my closest friends, immediately turned into a major letdown. I shopped at 2 local shops in the area and none of which felt like the staff was listening to me, cared about what I was looking for or if i was even satisfied. I was discouraged and thought maybe i set my expectations too high on the whole “experience.” And then my 3rd stop of the day at Elegance by Roya changed everything! I walked in and first of all, the shop is immaculate! It is clean and pristine and all of their dresses are carefully organized along the walls of the shop. The staff was friendly and warm and right away made me feel like I was special and finding the right dress for me was important to them and surprisingly enough about 30 minutes later I found the dress of my dreams there! It was easy, painless and most importantly a fun experience (as we all hope it will be) Leading up to my wedding day the staff was super accommodating with alterations, dress pick up, and even took a video for me on directions for the bustle. The ladies at Elegance by Roya are kind and professional and I would highly recommend for all future brides!

Sent on 02/01/2020

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Melissa, thank you for sharing your kind thoughts about our store. We are so grateful to know that you enjoyed your time with us from start to finish. All the best to you and your family!
  • Sharon

Sharon · Married on 11/09/2019

Thank you Elegance by Roya for helping me find my dream dress. From the moment I started working with Mariam I felt super comfortable.She found the perfect dresses that best suited my shape.Initially I didn’t know what kind of style I wanted to go with because we all know my gut won’t away so...I went in with an open minded and tried on just about it every style.
    The first shop we went to didn’t have any dresses for my body type.
    But when we went to ElegancebyRoya we found so many beautiful dresses that fit me so well.S/O to Mariam for finding me my dream dress!! When she saw me she brought me the dresses for my body type.She was so sweet and patient with me and my 7 bridesmaids.
    I’m forever grateful for the ladies at ElegancebyRoya they made this entire process seamless 💕 awesome customer service and literally altered my dress to fit me like a glove!! If you are looking for a wedding dress in the DMV the ladies at ElegancebyRoya will take good care of you!!

Sent on 06/17/2020
  • Bernadette

Bernadette · Married on 11/08/2019

Loved it!! Great service!

My consultant Sahar was amazing! Loved every minute!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Hi Bernadette,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us and your bridal consultant, Sahar! Glad we could be a small part of your wedding planning process!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing experience!

They did amazing from start to finish. They listened to what I wanted and found the perfect dress for me. They were also awesome with alterations! I would totally recommend them.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Elegance By Roya Bridal Atelier's reply:

Hello Megan, thank you for taking the time to write your review about our salon. We are happy to know you enjoyed your experience with us from beginning to end. All the best to you and your family!