Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair Reviews

Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair 5
  • Beatrice

Beatrice Beirne · Getting married on 10/09/2020

Just wonderful!

Elena and her daughter were exceptionally profession, kind, considerate and helpful. They were so much more than make up artists - they made me experience wonderful and unforgettable with their personal touch and care.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2019

Perfect Wedding Makeup!

Elana was recommended by my photographer, and I'm so happy I was able to work with her for my wedding! Elana did makeup and Stephanie did hair for my two bridesmaids, my mom and me, and it was all perfect. Elana was patient and helpful during my makeup trial when I was indecisive about lip color, and she worked with me to find an alternative to the strip eyelashes we used at the trial because I thought they were a bit too much. She used individual lashes instead and they turned out so well. I don't wear much makeup generally so wanted a natural but enhanced look and she nailed it. I didn't get hair done because mine is short, but Stephanie still helped pin my headband on. My mom's and bridesmaids' hair looked great! She listened to them and made their hair look exactly how they wanted it. We all felt beautiful and our makeup and hair lasted all night. They were both so sweet and easy to work with. I highly, highly recommend Elana!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Klein · Married on 06/22/2019

Fabulous hair and makup

Searching for a hair and makeup stylist was one of my more difficult tasks. For me, it came down to accommodating an efficient schedule. I recently stood up in a wedding where four women (bride included) had hair/makeup and one child had hair done. She had one stylist, and we started at 9 o’clock for a 5 o’clock wedding. The wedding started late because the bride was still getting ready. I had three women (myself included) for hair/makeup and one child for hair. Due to the small size of my party, many salons would only send me one stylist too. I had to be ready by 1:00 to start getting my dress on. What time would we have to start?!

Elana Darrus was very accommodating and had no problem allowing me one makeup artist and one hairstylist. We started at 10 o’clock! It was affordable and we didn’t have any kind of upcharge for two stylists. My deciding factor may have been a practical one (and one you should definitely consider) but it turned out perfect!

Our stylists were Rachel and Mary Jo. My mom and I both did a makeup and hair trial (something I would recommend) and it was nice to meet the ladies beforehand. We tried false eyelashes to test if they would bother us. She had a lot of different types to choose from, very natural to very heavy. They took pictures so we were able to make tweaks on the wedding day.

I have fine, medium length hair so I spent a lot of time researching "fine" hair updos to adjust my expectations. I don’t know how she did it, but my hair exceeded my expectations! I had lots of oomph and the back looked very full - without any extensions! My eyelashes were perfect, just enough that men wouldn’t have a clue and women would wonder if they were real. The day went like clockwork. We were done a little early so we had time to rest before getting dressed. Our updos and makeup survived the entire summer day til the party was over. Thank you Mary Jo and Rachel! Thank you Elana Darrus!

Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair 6
    Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Ebggoblue

ebggoblue · Married on 05/18/2019

Simply perfect!

EXCELLENT! Working with Elana was so easy, from start to finish. I had Kim for my hair and Jessica for makeup and they were simply amazing. I am a no makeup ponytail kinda girl, so it was really fun to get all dolled up for my wedding. I did a practice run with both ladies and was so pleased with their work. My hair was up and perfect all evening. My make up was stunning. It really helped make my wedding a perfect day. Thank you Elana, Kim and Jessica!!!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair's reply:

Emily,
    You are the sweetest!!!! Ditto, start to finish we loved working with you!!! Thank you!!! xoxoxo

Erin · Married on 05/04/2019

I highly recommend Elana & her team!

I cannot recommend Elana enough! Elana and her team came to my parent's house the morning of our wedding and did hair and makeup for all 10 women in my wedding party. They all came more than prepared which made for the most stress-free morning! I'm also extremely happy with our wedding pictures. I didn't need one touchup throughout the night! I would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Lauren · Married on 12/15/2018

So happy with our hair and makeup!

I am so happy with how everyone's hair and makeup turned out for my wedding. Kelly was our hair stylist and Julia was our makeup artist, and everything came out perfectly. Not only that, but they were a ton of fun to have in our bridal suite all day while we were getting ready. The stylists were friendly, personable and talented, and Elana was very flexible, responsive, and easy to work with. Their rates were also much more reasonable than a lot of the other vendors I found in the area, without sacrificing any quality. I would definitely recommend using this company to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Grace Ulch · Married on 10/04/2018

Prom Makeup

Elana did my makeup for my senior prom and it turned out beautifully! She kept checking in to make sure I liked the look and offered to alter anything I was uncomfortable with. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist for any event, and I hope to work with her again!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Sara · Married on 08/25/2018

I used Elana for makeup and Jessica M. for hair for myself and my 5 bridesmaids. I absolutely loved Elana's makeup - she kept it natural but made everyone's eyes pop for the photos. Whatever lashes she offered looked beautiful on everyone, so I would definitely recommend getting those. Elana also allowed me a second hair trial - I did a poor job of communicating what I wanted initially, and she matched me with a new hairstylist when I was better able to explain the look I was going for. Jessica did a beautiful job with my hair and with all of bridesmaids. I enjoyed working with both of them and would definitely recommend to any bride.

Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair 7
    Sent on 09/22/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/30/2017

Elana recently did my bridal make-up for me, my bridesmaids and my mom, and she did an absolutely beautiful job! My make-up was perfect and I felt beautiful on my wedding day. My make-up lasted all day and night. All I had to do was touch-up my lipstick a time or two. Also, my mom and bridesmaids really liked their make-up as well. Elana was so sweet, and truly an artist. She does great work and could not have been nicer to work with. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/05/2017
  • I

Irene · Married on 09/10/2017

Elana did a great job with our makeup and Kelly was a great hair stylist for my daughter's wedding. They worked with us and listened carefully to understand the look we each wanted (bride and MOB), and gave us a very natural and beautiful look. Elana and Kelly were easy to work with, warm, and very professional.

Sent on 10/09/2017
  • STACEY

STACEY · Married on 09/09/2017

Scheduling my makeup/hair trial with Elana and her team was super easy - I had my trial done by the hair and makeup artists (Pamela & Elizabeth) who would be there on my wedding day, which made me feel at ease since they would know exactly what would look good on me after the trial and there would be no hiccups on the day of my wedding. Throughout the planning process, Elana was very organized and would send me updated contracts throughout, showing me how many bridesmaids would be getting hair & makeup done (trust me...people change their minds a lot!) and the time slots they would have to make sure everyone would be done on time. Pamela did my hair as well as my 6 bridesmaids, and Elizabeth did my makeup and the bridesmaids + 1 of the moms helping out the day of. They made everyone look PHENOMENAL and they were SO speedy! We were done early, which was great because we had more time for pictures/relaxing before my photographer got there. I love how they come to you, wherever you and your bridesmaids want to get ready (we got ready in my hotel room). We had such a fun time all getting ready, it was very low-stress. I truly recommend them, they are great!

Sent on 09/19/2017
  • B&B2017

Becky · Married on 06/10/2017

Elana and Mary Jo were a dream. There was no pressure for a hair trial, but I'm glad I did it. I thought I knew what I wanted but ended up changing my mind after my trial. The travel fee is completely reasonable, and Elana was so flexible to work with our timeline and even accepted some last-minute opt out's without any additional charge. All of the girls looked lovely, and it was a great way to start our day.

Sent on 07/01/2017
  • ALH

Ashlee · Married on 10/15/2016

Elana and MaryJo were absolutely wonderful! They were incredibly accommodating and understanding throughout the entire process, were always very prompt and made all of my bridal party look stunning on our wedding day. I looked incredibly beautiful and could not have asked for more. I highly recommend Elana and her team for your wedding!
    Wedding was Oct 2016

Sent on 10/19/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/15/2016

Can't rave enough about them!! Jessica nailed it with my Bridal makeup! All the bridesmaids loved their make-up as well. 7/7.. that is something to write about!!!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Rebekka · Married on 08/13/2016

I had had my H&M done by a couple other stylists before coming across Elana and her team. The difference in the level of artistry was staggering. Not only did Elana and Dana listen to my requests, but they also brought such patience, calm and friendliness to the table. I know very little about H&M and feel slightly uncomfortable about the whole thing, but Elana and Dana made me feel beautiful and naturally radiant, i.e. exactly the way I wanted to feel on my wedding day. It was very clear from the second we met, that these ladies know their trade, and use their abilities to enhance your essence. Thank you, Elana and Dana, for making me feel beautiful.

Sent on 09/16/2016

m · Married on 07/09/2016

Elana was great for our wedding day! We hired her to come to the house to do the makeup for myself, my mom, and my bridesmaids. She was great at responding to my emails throughout the process and is really lovely to work with. I was a little anxious as I do not typically wear a lot of makeup and just wanted to look like the best version of myself and she completely understood and I was very happy with the result. She really listened to everything I said and I was extremely happy with the end result. I would definitely recommend her to any other bride!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Erin · Married on 07/09/2016

My hair and makeup was flawless...even by the end of the night. I could not say enough good things about them. They did a trial for me before and were very adamant about giving me exactly what I wanted. Wedding day went so smoothly they actually finished ahead of schedule. All my girls hair and makeup was perfect. One of my bride maids is getting married and after seeing their work will be using them for her wedding too.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Amber · Married on 06/18/2016

Would recommend them to every bride and bridesmaids! They were great to work with and made everyone look amazing on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Ellery · Married on 05/21/2016

Kristina did my client’s makeup for her wedding this past Saturday. She did a wonderful job. In particular, the bride’s eye makeup was stunning and it was very similar to a picture the bride had previously selected to be imitated. Kristina did a wonderful job using airbrush and also applied false eyelashes. I was impressed with how careful she was to ensure the bride was comfortable wearing the lashes. She was focused, pleasant and clearly determined to provide excellence in service. Pre-service communication was also top-notch. Elana was diligent in ensuring that everything went perfectly for the bride. I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Elana was great to work with and more than happy to accommodate my requests between scheduling my hair trial and adding a second person for hair. It was great to meet Michelle and Lena at my trial and they were very thorough in making sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. My wedding day couldn't have gone better with them. Everyone was ecstatic about their hair and makeup and we received so many compliments. They were so easy to work with, fun to have there on the morning of and an overall great team. I was so happy with my and my wedding party looks, it was exactly as I imagined. I highly recommend using Elana and couldn't have been happier with Michelle, Maria and Lena.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Channell · Married on 12/18/2015

Elana did my makeup as well as my whole bridal party and my mother. She did an excellent job. I not really huge on makeup and during our trial she took that into consideration. Everything she did, she explained what she was doing and allowed me to add my input on what I wanted. I showed her several pictures of some ideas I liked and she helped bring it to life. She was very patient with me and even tried more than one look on me until I was happy with my look. Elana is very friendly and easy to work with. She is a very flexible person and works with your schedule. Her prices are broken down by what you exactly want which was perfect. for example. Someone of my girls wanted eyelashes done with their makeup and some didn't, my mother wanted only her eyes done and nothing else so it helped that Elana had her prices broken done by what you need done. She also has hairstylist on hand which came in handy with some of my bridesmaids. Mary Jo did an amazing job with hair. She was super friendly and very flexible as well.

Sent on 12/29/2015

I was so happy with my makeup. She did exactly what I asked for, and provided me with helpful tips before the wedding I didn't think about. Plus, my friends and family got their makeup done by one of her artists in her network and they all looked beautiful, too!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Rachel was our stylist. We did make-up only. Elana owns the company. Elana was exceptionally responsive. So open to my endless questions, very professional, and so very sweet.
    She organized everything and even helped me with the time schedule.

Rachel is extremely skilled and has a great personality. During my trial she listened to what I wanted and changed what I wanted. She made me laugh, gave me tips on make-up and the wedding in general, it felt like having a friend do my make-up. Well worth it.

Sent on 11/24/2015
  • pinguino

Diana · Married on 09/26/2015

Elana Darrus was recommended to me by my photographer. Though they were 1.5 hours away from the venue, they still came on site (for a small travel fee of course) at 7:00 am on time and ready to go. I had my hair and makeup done and was very pleased with the services. Even though I had changed my mind a bit on my hair since the trial, I showed the artist a picture of what I had in mind and she tweaked it to make it work with my face and it came out beautifully. The makeup artist was great as well. I have bad acne, and they used airbrush makeup to cover it well without looking or feeling caked on. They used high end cosmetics like MAC that stayed on all day and I didn't have the dreaded eye shadow crease thing going on, the false eyelashes also stayed put from morning until I took them off around 2 am. She did a good job of making my makeup more dramatic than an everyday look to be good for bridal pictures, but it didn't look overdone like stage makeup. Both artists were very friendly and nice to work with. Another thing that I really liked was that they didn't make me have a minimum number of girls to book them for on sight work. Many of the other companies I looked at did. I didn't want to force my bridesmaids into their services if they didn't want to, and I couldn't afford to pay for all of them, even though almost all the girls booked them anyway, it was nice to not have that pressure to secure a minimum number of services.

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • jordan

jordan · Married on 09/12/2015

If I could hug Elana every day, I would. She runs her business wonderfully and only hires the BEST artists. I had about 5 trials with other companies...and then I went Lauren from Elana's team. HOLY AMAZING. She is perfection when it comes to makeup application. She made me feel like myself yet bridal. Took my suggestions and applied them strategically. Elana is also so great to work with as the middle man. She lets her artists SHINE.

Lauren made EVERYONE in my party feel gorgeous, especially my mother who rarely "does herself up." Everyone look elegant and stunning and it stayed all day.

I also had Lauren meet me at my hotel for a touch up between the ceremony and reception. It was just what I needed to continue feeling beautiful all day.

SOOOO glad I went with them!!!

I had someone else do my hair ( a family friend). Someone from Elana's team did my party's hair and although we weren't SUPER stoked about the styles, I spoke honestly with Elana and she tried to rectify it. That in itself speaks volumes to the type of business owner she is and the woman that she is, too.
    So thankful.