El San Juan Hotel Reviews

137 | Carolina, PR

137 Reviews for El San Juan Hotel

• F

Frances · Married on 04/02/2016

Definitivamente no pude haber escogido mejor lugar para celebrar mi boda. Amnel es excelente, el Banyan Tree es encantador, el Gold Room es espectacular, la comida estuvo divina y el servicio, ni se diga. Amnel buscó complacerme en todo lo que fuera posible y no puedo estar más feliz con su labor. Siempre se mantenía en comunicación y me ofrecía todo lo que estuviera a su alcance. Sin duda alguna, recomendaría El San Juan Resort & Casino sin pensarlo dos veces. ♥

Sent on 05/14/2016

Absolutely perfect for a destination wedding. We had 45 guests at our wedding and it truly could not have been a better.

Venue: The El San Juan has beautiful venues for weddings of all sizes. Our ceremony took place under the Banyan Tree and the cocktail hour and reception took place at The Encanto. Both areas were absolutely stunning and made for gorgeous pictures. The layout of both of the venues were easy to use and the views were incredible.

Amnel Colon is fantastic; incredibly attentive and helpful. He recommended marvelous vendors, all who had done events at the hotel before. Truly can not express how fantastic Amnel was to work with. The food and service were exceptional. All of the staff were friendly and willing to assist.

Overall, our destination wedding surpassed our expectations!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Melissa · Married on 03/19/2016

We found El San Juan R&C online as one of the highly recommended venues. When looking at other venues we were never as satisfied until we walked into La Terraza. Not only was it air conditioned, but it was the perfect size and we loved the style. We would have loved to have our cocktail hour Under the Banyan Tree, but that site was already booked. Rather our cocktail our was on the wrap around porch of La Terraza and it worked out perfectly. Being that the hotel is on the beach we were also able to take pictures on the beach. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone! They had at least 2 other weddings going on that we had seen and it did not affect us at all. When we were leaving the hotel lobby was filled with music and people dancing. We had no problem getting a cab to go back to our hotel. They worked with us until the very last minute with cost and had no problems adjusting our headcount up until a week prior.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Tory · Married on 02/12/2016

I just had my wedding here this last week. It was absolutely incredible. First off, Amnel is unbelievable. He made the planning process so easy. He is so responsive and managed a few of my guests with such ease. I couldn't recommend him more. The venues we used were panorama rooftop for rehearsal dinner (was beautiful) but FYI no way to hook up music there. Ceremony was on rooftop of casa del mar, private and gorgeous. And our reception was at encanto. Was super magical and everyone continues to rave about it. Thanks for making our wedding so special.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Ryan · Married on 12/12/2015

I cannot begin to say enough good things about El San Juan Resort & Casino. The lobby of the hotel is absolutely stunning, there is plenty of space around the pools, the rooms are modern and spacious, the music in the lobby and Brava are great, and it is has such a convenient location.

I have to first and foremost give recognition to the senior catering sales manager Amnel Colon. This man is truly amazing. I never had to wait more than a day for an email reply (and when it was a full day it was usually because he was out of the office) and he always gave me all of the information that I needed without a lot of back and forth. Amnel granted just about every request that I made and throughout the planning process I felt completely at ease knowing that he was my go to guy. He came to the rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception to make sure that everything was going smoothly and we had everything that we needed. It was an absolute pleasure to work with him.

We had our rehearsal dinner, cocktail and reception at the hotel and the food for each event was delicious. My husband and I favored the food for the rehearsal and cocktail because it was all traditional Puerto Rican :)

Our guests all loved the hotel and a few said that they would definitely make it a future vacation spot. If you're getting married in Puerto Rico we highly recommend El San Juan.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Debbie · Married on 11/14/2015

We highly recommend this venue for a wedding. We worked with Amnel Colon, Senior Catering Manager. He was just top notch!!!! He went above and beyond, meeting all of our needs and those of the bride and groom and more!!!! The ceremony was outside and was beautiful. The reception was in the Gold Room and was just magnificent. The food was fabulous, it was promptly and beautifully presented. The dessert buffet was not to be believed and delicious!!!
    Amnel was very flexible and included some family recipes for the dinner which the Chef executed beautifully. We also hosted a Sunday morning brunch in the Panorama Room and the service and the food were wonderful and plentiful. Tables were arranged in a very elegant fashion.
    I just can't say enough about Amnel and the El San Juan as a wedding venue. All of our guests, 104 of them , were extremely satisfied.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Rumaisa · Married on 10/03/2015

Amnel was wonderful throughout the entire wedding planning process. He was such a delight, and very patient - especially when it came down to wedding crunch time! His pleasant demeaner put my husband and I at ease. Being that my husband & I are of Indian/Pakistani descent, it was ver important for us to have some of our authentic foods on the menu. Amnel had some wonderful suggestions, and was very open-minded (as was Chef Anna), when we offered some of our own recipes to incorporate with the Chef.. Amnel is AWESOME!!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Christine · Married on 09/12/2015

I worked with Amnel Colon for my wedding and let me tell you, this man is amazing. I started planning my wedding out around a year and a half ago and he made my whole wedding experience very smooth. We kept in touch with emails and he was very responsive with it. So please if you ladies are getting married in El San Juan Hotel and Casino, ask for Amnel. He was truly wonderful and my husband and I are so grateful! Also the food for our rehearsal and dinner was delicious!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Cyf · Married on 09/06/2015

First off, the Hotel is beautiful and it was perfect for what I wanted my wedding to be. I worked with Amnel Colon and his team. Amnel was always very responsive to every email and crazy questions I had, he always kept me calm when changes came up. The service the day of the wedding was beyond exceptional. Our server was always very attentive that we had all that we needed (Calixto) The food was something else, it was AMAZING, I mean I had a steak that you could cut using the butter knife! It was awesome! We had a great time on our day and were very happy with the service that was provided. Our room was also perfect! Loved it and I recommend them to everyone! If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Amnel and his team.

Sent on 09/23/2015
  • User5358593 · event on 08/04/2015

They were great. The food was really good. Everybody had an awesome time!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Beatriz · Married on 07/11/2015

Amnel Colon was very professional and attentive to our specific needs.
    If I have to do it all over again, it would be Amnel.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Beatriz · Married on 07/11/2015

Amnel colon is very profesional.
    He followed through everything he offered.
    I would highly recommend him

Sent on 07/29/2015

Rachel · Married on 06/13/2015

We had our whole wedding at the el San Juan. The rehearsal was at Panarama, ceremony at the banyon tree and reception at la Terazza. All of the venues were gorgeous. Panarama is breathtaking at night. The food is amazing. Our guests were very impressed. We worked with Melissa. She was very attentive. It was a great place for a large group.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2015

I cannot begin to say enough good things about El San Juan Resort. From the time we checked in, to the time we checked out, it was an amazing experience. Even before that, through all of the e-mails back and forth to the catering manager, Amnel Colon, he was so responsive and accommodating. He helped with things that weren't even related to the wedding. Throughout my entire wedding planning process, he was the easiest person to work with, and caused me zero stress! Our hotel stay was made even more amazing my Amnel and the hotel staff. Our reception was perfect, and we also hosted a breakfast the morning of the wedding at the hotel, which was amazing. I highly recommend El San Juan Resort - they made every part of the wedding planning process easy and stress-free.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Valerie · Married on 05/09/2015

We get so happy with our decision to get our wedding in this hotel. The food was amazing, was warm and with a good flavor. Our wedding was in the International ballroom, so we have space to show the decoration but at the same time everybody are together celebrating. The acoustic is nice, the band and dj sound was great. The chandeliers are gorgeous, a glamorous look. Also our families stay in the hotel, in total we get like 17 rooms , and all of them are perfect. Our honeymoon night when we get in the room, we have wine, cheese, fruits, and crackers. And finally we always count with the help of Amnel Colon, catering sales manager of the hotel, he was in charge of everything related with our weeding, and everything was perfect

Sent on 06/02/2015

Our wedding was a destination wedding. Before selecting ESJ for our Ceremony & Reception on 4/25/15 I read a few reviews which spoke very highly of Amnel Colon and I have to say that it could not have been more accurate. My husband and I traveled a couple of times to PR to meet with our vendors and then the food tasting (we live in Boston but we are originally from PR so the trips were always a bonus for us). First of all, the hotel is just beautiful, the Bayan Tree is very romantic and ESJ offers many different reception areas that you could not go wrong with any of them. We worked with Amnel for over a year and I could honestly say that he has been the most amazing staff member we could have work with in this entire wedding process. He basically held my hand the entire year and I'm very grateful. I'm extremely happy that we chose ESJ because I don't think we could have gotten a better service else where. He replies to emails, questions and concerns right away. He is very professional, friendly and just incredible to work with. The staff is amazing, the food selection was just delicious. Our guests spoke very highly about the food, the decor and the service. Before making your final decisions, check ESJ out and reach out to Amnel; you will not be disappointed. Our experience was that much more memorable because of Amnel. We will def return to ESJ when we visit Puerto Rico again.

Bethzy & Efrain
    4-25-15

Sent on 05/05/2015

allyson · Married on 04/23/2015

Amnel is the best! We planned the wedding from NJ so responsiveness was key to us. Amnel always got back and clarified any questions we had. We held our rehearsal dinner and wedding at the hotel and all events went very smoothly! The food was great and service even better. The staff made sure to pay close attention to us and always had food/drinks ready. Our guests were so impressed and had an awesome time. I would highly recommend this resort for couples looking for a great vibe and awesome food/service. Thanks Amnel!! Allyson and John

Sent on 04/27/2015
  • Mrs.Nevarez

Ibis · Married on 03/14/2015

Most perfect place to get married for 110 guests. Our coordinator, Amnel, was the best thing that ever happened to us. Made the whole process run smoothly and always accommodated to our every need. He knew exactly what we wanted and made our visions come true. We got married last weekend at "La Terraza" and the room was out of this world. We kept getting compliments on how different the room was compared to all the regular ball rooms. The neon lights gave it that extra special touch. All of our out of town guests stayed at the resort and were more than entertained with the casino, pool, beach, lobby music & Club Brava. It was the perfect place to host all of our wedding events. I couldn't thank Amnel enough for making this a weekend to remember.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Laura · Married on 03/07/2015

I am SO glad that we chose this hotel for our wedding. Everything, absolutely everything was just great and that's because everybody (from the catering manager to the waiters and the hotel staff) wants to contribute to make everything perfect for your special day.
    I can not praise Amnel Colon enough! Since the first time I spoke to him over the phone he was very patient with all our questions and committed to adjust to our needs.
    The hotel's new Chef, Ivette Rivera ??? was able to accommodate her schedule for an impromptu-almost last minute food tasting prior to the wedding and she was very nice, even took time to meet me and explain some of his delicious creations. Food was a hit and all our guest had a great time! Go to this hotel for your event!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Jamillah · Married on 12/14/2014

Our wedding events at El San Juan were absolutely beautiful. I am so glad we chose to have our wedding there! We held our ceremony at Panorama which had a fabulous view and our reception at La Terraza. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Amnel eas very responsive and easy to work with and he and his staff provided excellent service throughout the planning process. Amnel, thanks again for everything, I will definitely recommend you to friends!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Just had our dream wedding at the El San Juan Hotel! Amnel was amazing and our guests had an absolute blast! The food was delicious ( not always the case at weddings) down to the last bite. Everyone was so happy and pleased with their stay from beginning to end! Thank you to everyone there for making our big day so perfect!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Claudia · Married on 10/18/2014

Amnel Colón was amazing! Very professional, friendly, and flexible with our requests. The venue is beautiful and the location is perfect. The food was delicious too. I even had my ceremony there because the whole place (La Terraza) is perfect for it. My guests also stayed a few nights at the hotel and they all had a great experience. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/04/2014

Wedding planners Melissa and Priscilla were very helpful and patient. Panorama was beautiful for the ceremony. 2 thumbs up

Sent on 10/10/2014

Diana · Married on 09/13/2014

El San Juan Resort was the perfect place for my wedding. Amnel looked after every detail and that made it all come as I wished. Beautiful place.

Sent on 10/07/2014