El Mangroove Reviews

El Mangroove 4
  • Jared

Jared · Married on 04/27/2019

Better Than We Could Have Imagined

We had our wedding at El Mangroove, and it was an amazing experience. We decided to do a small destination wedding (around 20 guests), so everyone opted to stay at the resort as well.

The entire trip was great; every staff member - from the concierge, to servers and bartenders, to medical staff - was courteous and friendly (and they all knew we were there for our wedding; at breakfast on the day of the ceremony, multiple staff members came up to my wife and I to say congrats). Jennifer, our wedding coordinator, was incredible. From our very first email exchange, she was responsive and attentive to our requests. In addition to handling everything related to the wedding (ceremony, reception, menus, floral, hair & makeup, rehearsal dinner, welcome cocktail reception for our guests, etc.), she helped coordinate on offsite dinner for the entire wedding party during our stay.

We had our ceremony in the Beach Forest setting, which was perfect for an intimate wedding (the beach is public, so there were people nearby during the ceremony. But it never felt intrusive, and many people clapped and cheered at the end of the ceremony). The cocktail reception was help in the Ocean Terrace, which could have hosted a much larger reception than ours - the younger attendees had plenty of space to run around and play.

All of the food was excellent and flavorful - definitely not your typical wedding food. The atmosphere was very relaxed. Honestly, we can't enough about how pleased we were with the entire experience. Everyone who attended told us it was the best wedding they'd ever been to; my brother (who recently got engaged) even said he and his fiance are thinking about having their wedding at El Mangroove as well! If you book your wedding st El Mangroove, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Hola, Jared & Olivia!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your host and share with us your special day.
    For us it was exciting to be part of your wedding, especially I am grateful for the trust!

Please do not hesitate to reach out when you return to Costa Rica

Regards;

Jenn
  • Kelly

Kelly Katich · Married on 12/22/2018

Amazing day!

Jennifer Ramirez the Events Coordinator at El Mangroove made our day so special and so easy to plan. We were renewing our wedding vows and Jennifer helped us with every detail. When we arrived, she met with us to review all the details and when we wanted to make a few changes she was very accommodating. We had an amazing and beautiful sunset wedding just as we had imagined. Pura Vida.

Sent on 01/31/2019
    El Mangroove 5
    El Mangroove 6
    El Mangroove 7
    El Mangroove 8

Hola, Kelly!

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be part of your love!
    Really enjoy every moment during the organization and of course the great day!

I hope you continue to share love and happiness!

A warm greeting from Costa Rica,

Jennifer Ramirez
  • Iria

Iria · Married on 08/18/2018

Brunch Wedding

My brunch weeding was wonderful I’m really happy they were very flexible and did everything I dream. Brunch weddings are not that common but they understood my vision and made it a reality. My wedding was a international wedding and guest from every country where impressed. Jenifer form the sales department is wonderful.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Hola, Iria!
    Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to be part of your wonderful day! I really appreciate when you shared your ideas with me, and making them come true was the best part!!! Jenn

Gerard · Married on 02/24/2018

What an amazing place with unbelievable people. Our wedding day was magical and the people at the Mangroove made it memorable. We really appreciate William and Jennifer's attentiveness and flexibity as we worked through the entire process. We even changed coordinators throughout the process and it had no impact on our event. Wonderful place with outstanding people.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Dear Gerard & Ana,
    The setup from your wedding was very unique.
    Thank you for letting El Mangroove be a part of your lives.
    Don't hesitate to reach out when planning the return trip.
    Saludos
    Will

Maria del Mar · Married on 02/17/2018

If you are looking for a place to celebrate your special day look no further!!! If a boutique hotel is what you're looking for instead of those massive resorts that will bring you intimate moments with your loved ones El Mangroove is the place to do it at. Their professionalism and care for detail is amazing. I could not be more happy with how my day went. They made it super memorable by always being attentive to my needs and those of my guests. I can not speak any higher of them. The staff and management was amazing! During the whole wedding planning they were very quick with their responsiveness to any question and or concern I would have. If I could do it all over again I would not change a thing! It was the most memorable day of my life all thanks to El Mangroove!

Sent on 03/01/2018

El Mangroove's reply:

Thank you for letting us be part of your special day!! it was our pleasure!

Tiffany · Married on 11/24/2017

personal and perfect

planning a destination wedding has its stressors, especially when it comes to vision and cultural differences BUT William Gutierrez, Cindy and every person at El Mangroove worked so hard to give me exactly what we wanted. Our wedding came out perfectly and the hotel was a perfect setting.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Tiff & Ryan,
    You guys are great and your pictures are awesome.
    I loved the thank you note.
    El Mangroove Will always be a part of you now.
    Please don't hesitate to contact me for the anniversary return trip :)
    William

Rae · Married on 12/03/2016

I could not have asked for a better wedding weekend!! It was perfect and the staff at El Mangroove were EXCELLENT! I also wanted to comment on the food... WOW! We had a group of 70 and there were no issues and everyone left thanking me for the best weekend ever!! I highly recommend El Mangroove to any bride out there!

Sent on 01/13/2017

El Mangroove's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Rae! We loved having you and your guests at El Mangroove. We hope to see you again soon.

Gloriana · Married on 11/19/2016

Beautiful venue, perfect for a small or medium sized wedding. Wedding coordinators were friendly, knowledgeable, organized and responsive.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Edgar · Married on 02/03/2018

The hotel and the staff responsible for organizing the event made a huge difference.

Sent on 03/10/2018

El Mangroove's reply:

Thank you for your coments Dear Edgar. It was our pleasure!

Nas A · Married on 04/14/2018

Fantastic Experience

My wife and I chose El Mangroove without visiting before our big day. We had some minor hiccups early on in the process but once William Gutierrez (Special Events Manager) got involved it was smooth sailing. Our entire wedding group had an amazing time and I cant recommend El Mangroove enough for your wedding location. Everything from the wedding planning, day of, coordinating with outside vendors (if you wish to use outside vendors) and the food were all amazing. El Mangroove has a very unique feel and the beach forest is a beautiful place to take your wedding photos.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Dear Nass & Algery,
    You will always be special to us. You gave us the opportunity to host your special day.
    I hope we were able to highlight the laid back lifestyle we seek to provide to our clients.
    You have my personal contact.
    Please don't hesitate to reach out when you return to Costa Rica.
    Will