El Conquistador Resort Reviews

28 | Fajardo, PR

28 Reviews for El Conquistador Resort

Stephanie · Married on 07/08/2017

I had my wedding at El Conquistador in July 2017. Everything about it surpassed my expectations. The pictures don't do the resort justice. There are amazing views all over the resort, so already the setting is beautiful. Then add to it exceptional service from everyone in the resort, plus delicious food. Diana Silvestry, the catering manager I worked with, was an angel, dealing with all of my emails and requests. We had a brunch the day after the wedding and she even though to repurpose the flowers from the reception for the brunch. The banquet managers were there throughout the reception to make sure we were well attended and the wait staff was great. People raved about the food, especially our red velvet cake which people said was "the best wedding cake they've ever had." I just could not have asked for more! I come from New York where weddings are done to the nines, and this was definitely a New York style wedding delivered in gorgeous Puerto Rico! You will get assistance with choosing vendors, but ultimately it is up to you to either hire a wedding planner or do it yourself, but I liked this because I wanted to be able to hand pick all of my services, and it worked out perfectly!

Sent on 07/28/2017
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 05/06/2017

I couldn't think of a more perfect backdrop for a wedding! My husband and I knew we wanted a destination wedding and Puerto Rico was a great option as we had been there before and loved it, it's a US territory which makes it easy to get married and no passports are required. I came for 2 days to check out various venues and once I arrived here, I knew this was it! You will be amazed by the views, the grounds, the smells, the service-everything was top notch. All of our guests had the best time! The resort is perfect for weddings and group trips as there are so many things to do here, lots of great activities (everyone loved Palomino Island), you don't even need to leave. We worked with Kamil Rivera and she is wonderful! The weather was perfect on our wedding day and for our welcome party, the food amazing, service was great, I really could not have asked for anything else (maybe more time there?!). Thank you so much, we can't wait to come back! xoxo
    PS-I want to mention that all of the restaurants here had great service, the pool bars (especially main pool bar-Jose and Christian), beach, everything. You will love it.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Eileen · Married on 04/26/2016

I have to first say Yajairia and Ivvone were absolutely amazing with the service they provided to us. Both responsed to emails and telephone calls within a reasonable time. Since our early in our wedding planning stages, they both were very availble for questions, comments, suggestions. We're from NYC, and made an additional trip to PR to meet and book our vendors. When I met with Yajaria and Ivvone. It was like meeting with family. We went over every detail, and they were each more than accommodating for all my requests. We had our wedding April 2016. We had a planned outdoor ceremony and dinner, however because of an pending storm everything changed to indoors. Needless to say, I was anxious, but they worked it out so perfectly it was as if it was planned indoors all along. In the end, our wedding was a great success. Can't wait to return in the future for our vacations. Thank you so much.
    Also, Resort grounds were beautiful, catered food was delicious and my wedding cake was an exact match to what I wanted. Hotel staff was professional and attentive and accommodating. Thanks again!

Sent on 05/20/2016

I just had my wedding on 08/08/15 at the El Conquistador Resort. It was such an amazing experience. The wedding coordinator Yajaira Hernandez was terrific. Thank you for all your help!

Sent on 08/11/2015

El Conquistador Resort's reply:

It was a pleasure to assist and be part of such a beautiful event! Thank you
    Yajaira

mari · Married on 12/06/2014

We had our destination wedding at El Conquistador (ceremony at Las Casitas and reception at El Faro Terrace). We worked with Yajaira Hernandez, who was wonderful. She was very responsive, and you can count on her to make sure your wedding day is special and exactly what you want. Beautiful destination and great food.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Gladysbeth · Married on 11/11/2014

Tuvimos la bendición de unir nuestras vidas el martes 11 de noviembre de 2014 en el lugar más mágico y espectacular de todo Puerto Rico.

Con una vista espectacular, un servicio de primera nos sentimos más que bendecidos de habernos dicho que Si en un lugar tan especial como El Conquistador Resort.

Todo fue de primera: comida, organización, staff, incluso la estadía ... hicieron cada uno de nuestros deseos realidad y estamos más que agradecidos de los mismos.

No hay duda de que si deseas una boda que quede plasmado tanto en tu memoria, como la de tus invitados. como una hermosa, única y llena de clase, El Conquistador Resort TIENE que ser tu primera opción!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Tenisha · Married on 07/19/2014

Kamil was wonderful! Planning a destination wedding was difficult at times but she always assured me that everything would work out and it did. She was 100% ours the day of the wedding and made sure our day was stress free and set up perfectly!!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

We recently had our wedding (80 guests) at the El Coquistador and were thrilled with everything! We had our ceremony at Las Casitas gardens and our reception at Trelisses - the scenery was spectacular and our guests were all blown away. We were debating about doing a larger wedding in our hometown, and we are so glad that we chose to do destination. Many of our guests came early and enjoyed the resort, and it was so convenient to have the ceremony & reception right where everyone was staying. My mom rented a casita in Las Casitas and it was absolutely perfect for getting ready and literally 90 seconds away from the venue. The food was great, and Yajaira Hernandez was a dream to work with. She put up with all my crazy questions and made me feel at ease with everything. I was terrified about rain, and constantly reassured me about the weather and patiently worked out a rain plan I'd be happy with - and we had the most perfect weather! I would highly recommend the recommend the resort for anyone considering a destination wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2013
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 01/12/2013

We booked the El Conquistador Resort for our Honeymoon. After getting married in Carolina (Isla Verde) we moved to the El Conquistador in Fajardo for the week. It was a gorgeous resort with so much to offer. We had a room over looking the Marina which had a boat that took us to their own private island beach. They had more than 5 pools, many hot tubs, a fun game room/bar, many stores and shops, and it was just perfect!

Sent on 01/23/2013

Pablo · Married on 07/10/2010

We couldn't have picked a better place or a better wedding coordinator! Yajaira Hernandez is AMAZING! She treated us like we were her only clients. She was responsive and very helpful in the organization and planning of our wedding! We couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 03/09/2011

Cynthia · Married on 12/04/2009

Thanks to Yahaira Hernandez, our wedding was AMAZING! We loved the location of our wedding on the cliffside of the hotel overlooking the ocean! The food was delicious and abundant! Our guests keep on raving about our wedding. Definitely a 5! Thank you PR!

Sent on 12/12/2009

Jamie · Married on 07/03/2006

Destination wedding is the best way to go! I got to spend a week with my family and friends at a beautiful all inclusive resort (world class golf, spa, private islands, 9 amazing pools, casinos, nightclubs, many resturants and more!) Everyone got to relax and get to know each other rather then cramming everything into one night! The night of the wedding we got to dance and have fun rather than walking around to each table to say thank you and rush to see everyone who attended!

The wedding planner helped you with everything and it was all at one place!! We got to do our food tastings, meet the cake designer, videographer, priest, photographer, etc....all at one place! It was amazing! I wouldn't do it any different!!!

Sent on 11/20/2006

Beautiful space and willing to make my day very special.

Sent on 09/08/2014
  • LaNi

LaNi · Married on 04/26/2008

Absolutely gorgeous, its very pricey but...the view at sunset is well worth it.

Sent on 07/15/2008

We had our destination wedding at El Conquistador in May 2015. Yahaira was very helpfully and responsive when we planned the wedding remotely from New York. I was very concerned about rain and she reassured me and worked out a rain location just in case. Luckily, it only drizzled a bit so we could still have the ceremony outdoor! Yahaira also did a great job coordinating different vendors on the day so we could enjoy the wedding knowing everything was taken good care of!

We had our ceremony at Las Casitas Garden, followed by cocktails at Trelisses and reception at Poinsettia ballroom. The scenery was absolutely amazing and our guests were all blown away! Overall, we are extremely happy with the venue and the level of service we have received from El Conquistador staff. However, there are a few areas for improvement:
    - Some of our guests have mentioned that the staff at the reception seemed to be a bit overly attentive. For example, if the guests got up to get drinks, once they came back from the open bar, their half-eaten appetizer or entrées had been cleaned away already. Same happened to some guests’ wedding favor towards the end of the reception.
    - The resort rooms are not that soundproof and we kept getting waken up post midnight because some drunk girls were screaming in the hallway.

Apart from that, all of our guests had a good time (especially at the private island) and I would highly recommend El Conquistador for destination wedding!

Sent on 02/12/2016

Debbie · Married on 11/08/2013

Our daughter's wedding at the El Conquistador was a wonderful experience, from beginning to end. The facility is elegant, exudes grandeur, and is well kept. Our daughter and her husband were married at Casita Gardens and had their reception at the Mirador Terrace and Magnolia Ballroom. The food was superior, from the rehearsal dinner at Chops Restaurant, to the reception dinner in the Magnolia Ballroom.

The staff was attentive to all of our guests, 53 in total. Our guests were complimentary about their rooms, the spectacular ocean view, and all of the rooms were located in Las Brisas. In fact, except for a misplaced sense of urgency from the catering manager about some specific costs that came to light right after the ceremony, the staff was remarkably helpful and friendly.

In sum, a wonderful venue for a destination wedding or significant event. A great combination of magnificent location, excellent service and compelling ambiance. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/20/2013
  • F

Lafonda · Married on 03/01/2010

The staff (catering and management) was wonderful they showered us with chocolate strawberries and champagne almost daily when we arrived in Puerto Rico! They assisted with all of the wedding license paperwork and coordinated the schedule for all of the vendors. We received our final itinerary the day before we were to arrive in Puerto Rico. This was much more than I expected because we had a small wedding. We only had 11 guests attend. We were treated as if we were only couple having a wedding and we were they’re priority! When we arrived for our meeting with Yahaira Hernandez, we were greeted with hugs and smiles! I was very pleased with the courtesy and respect that my husband and I were shown!

My husband and I were married in the Casitas Garden at sunset. The grounds were beautiful which gave us GREAT photographs! The setting was magical. We were surrounded by flowers looking over the ocean. To meet my husband, I was escorted over a flowing pond. I met him in front of a wonderfully dressed table under an arch. We shared our first kiss as man and wife listening to the waves crash against the rocks of the cliffs below us. It was pricey but worth every penny!

Our reception was held at Drake’s Terrance. It was nice, but after such a wonderful ceremony I expected more. I expected more lighting, and a better view of the fountain. Perhaps make the fountain a focal point. The food was okay however, I expected the Ensalada El Yunque (salad) to have more of a presentation. On the Catering menu, the salad contained onions, cherry tomatoes, diced eggs, and crumbled bacon; I had mostly lettuce and no onions. This salad was served with raspberry dressing. The dressing tasted very similar to Thousand Island dressing. I expected a more exotic taste. The dessert was good (especially the chocolate shells) and the staff was nice. My only complaint was we were not allowed to take any food with us. However, the scenery was wonderful. My husband and I enjoyed our first dance overlooking the ocean at day break.

At final meeting for the final invoice, we shared our concerns with Yahaira. She immediately went into action to resolve any and all concerns to ensure that we had a wonderful stay at the resort. We were presented with yet another gift from the staff and a hand written thank you note for using the resort for our special day. All and all, everything was wonderful! In fact, magical! I could not have asks for a more beautiful wedding. Yahaira Hernandez and her staff did a wonderful job.

Sent on 03/07/2010

Liz · Married on 07/23/2009

I had a great experience with El Conquistador. I worked primarily with Patricia Villali, Doris Jimenez, Ivelis Crespo & Madeleine Trinidad, all of whom were very responsive to the most part, and very professional. They seem to keep fairly strange hours as they constantly have out of office replies up, but I'd guess that's because they have to be there for the weddings on nights and weekends. The location, food and ambiance were beautiful and well worth the exhorbitant costs. They charge you service fees on service fees, but I suppose that's to be expected at a resort. Since it was a destination wedding for us, we invited a fraction of the people we would have, so we could pay 2-3 times the cost, have an amazing event, and still have saved money overall. I would completely recommend doing so! Just recognize that you can't control every detail the way you would be able to if you were planning a wedding in your own backyard. Unless, maybe if you use the expletive of a woman they call a wedding planner, Jessica Rivera from Fantasy Flowers. I found her to be extremely unprofessional and rude, and that was when she would respond to my emails--maybe once every 4 or 5 emails. I heard a terrible story about her too, exploiting a poor bride who found herself in a bad wedding planning situation for $1000s of dollars.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Carrie · Married on 06/09/2017

3.0

The El Conquistador is an absolutely beautiful backdrop for an outdoor wedding. Their indoor venues are fine, but you could be in any ballroom anywhere if you choose the indoor route. We elected for the ceremony to be in the Casistas Gardens, and the reception to be at The Trellises. It was stunning! It was perfect! The catering department was very easy to work with once we arrived. Beforehand, we had three different catering managers along the year of planning. Some things were lost in the shuffle, but it all worked out in the end! The catered food was expensive...$200 per plate. But it doesn't stop there...a 22% service fee, plus 11.5% tax will be added to your contract. You need to be aware of the additional cost of $70 per plate in taxes and fees. With that being said, it was worth every penny!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Natalie · Married on 07/06/2015

We held our 15 year vow renewal overlooking the water in the smaller portico area of the resort. We flew in our own officiant and hired a photographer. The location was stunning, with lush tropical backdrops. There are many places around the resort for an intimate ceremony, it was only my children, husband and officiant. They have several larger locations for a larger wedding. Would recommend.

Sent on 07/15/2015

3.0

We visited every venue in Puerto Rico and this place by far is the best spot to get married especially if the weather is right! It has the greatest views and you will get the best pictures! It is breath taking and worth the price and time of getting married there. The only thing is, because the place is so LARGE, it may be difficult for guest (esp older) to get around but my family loved it cause it was adventurous! My only complaint was the food (main entree and soup). It was flavorless and dry, which is disappointing considering the amount of money that was paid for by each person. I am big on food and should have looked a little deeper on that. Everything else was great and Jahaira (catering manager) is awesome and super helpful! So bottom line , place is the best venue, food sucks (except for odorves and piña coladas), prices should be better and should go back to all inclusive, and service is above average!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Tricia · Married on 05/25/2014

great venue for our honeymoon! such a relaxing time, great food, good drinks, beautiful island!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Julia · Married on 05/29/2016

4.2
      3.5

My now husband and I live in NYC and knew we wanted to get married in Puerto Rico. While we looked at other properties, El Conquistador was always our #1 choice -- we stayed there 2 years ago and really enjoyed our stay. My husband even booked the same room in Las Casitas Village for our wedding. Our main contact, Yahaira, was absolutely great. She's a true partner; flexible when negotiating our wedding package (welcome dinner, ceremony, reception, accommodations), answered all of our questions and helped us make decisions. She was our main point of contact for the entire process and, most importantly, the day of our wedding. She remembered all the necessary details and made sure everything went off without a hitch. When the forecast predicted downpour rain that afternoon, she and my husband quickly decided to have our ceremony outside but switch from our outdoor venue, The Trellises to our backup venue, The Mirador Terrace. It was the right decision - the sky opened up just after our ceremony ended. While we loved The Trellises, the Terrace is a great covered space with outdoor space where our guests could get some air, enjoy a cigar and still hear the band. The only concern we had during the planning process was that Yahaira is really the only main contact at the resort when it comes to weddings, so when she was sick or otherwise unavailable, it was very difficult to get someone else to give us any answers. While we were trying to negotiate/sign the contract, we came very close to switching venues because of our frustration with the lack of response, but thankfully when she came back we finished the contract very quickly and everything worked out fine. It's a beautiful resort with a lot to do. The everyday food at the resort is so-so (nachos, burgers, etc.) but everyone, guests included, raved about the food at our welcome dinner and reception. Everyone had an incredible time. We spent most of our time in the pool/swim up bar and Palomino Island.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Lorna · Married on 10/02/2010

4.2

We recently had our wedding at El Conquistador Resort. Overall, the experience was good. We had a great time with our families and friends during the week before the wedding. The actual wedding was wonderful. We had a great time and everything was beautiful. It is a great location with so many things to do around the resort that your guests will love it. Our main issue was with the reservations division. We were planning a destination wedding for approximately 120 people. Most of our guests were coming from the US and we wanted to welcome them with "welcome bags" delivered to the rooms. For some reason the staff from reservations were never able to keep track of the guests that had made reservations or checked in. As a result half of the people didn't get the bag. We also felt it was very hard to contact one person responsible for the account within that division. I think Yahaira Hernandez is the super star there. She belongs to the catering department but in reality she takes care of everything. If you have any questions or concerns she is always willing to help and to fascilitate everything. She will give you great advice. She is extremely organized and knows what she is doing. She is fantastic and I recommend working with her.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Marisa · Married on 09/06/2015

The scenery and setting at El Conquistador is absolutely stunning! This is a beautiful resort and the spaces for weddings are great. We had a destination wedding on September 6th, 2015 and had our ceremony in the Casitas Garden and the reception was in the Mirador Terrace. Both areas were very nice and provided for a wonderful evening. The staff individually was very caring and helpful. The catering group was very attentive and made sure to save us some snacks from our cocktail hour. The staff during dinner was also attentive as well as the bar staff. The reason we did not rate them 5 stars was due to some management miscommunication and disorganization. Unfortunately the lead site coordinator Yahaira, who was excellent in the preliminary preparations fell ill and was on sick leave during our wedding month. The replacement staff was not as detail oriented as she was. The roles/responsibilities were not as clear as we would have liked. T he management overseeing our event seemed a bit disjointed. For example, some of our rooms were not booked or placed with foresight to the convenience of our event. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and ultimately accommodated us, but we felt like the hotel room coordination could have been done better. Additionally, the guests were not directed to the reception space clearly. Other than those oversight issues, the serving staff and front desk staff certainly made up for the miscues/lack of communication between management. I would definitely recommend this property for your event; just ensure to maintain open lines of communication. Beware parking fees, if your guest are driving there, they will be charged parking, this fee was not waived.

Sent on 09/26/2015