El Chorro Reviews

36 | Paradise Valley, AZ

36 Reviews for El Chorro

• Tess

Tess Akgunduz · Married on 10/26/2019

Incredible venue and staff!

We had a destination wedding and got married at El Chorro! It was not only the most incredible views and venue but it was the most perfect day! Between the staff and the vendors we had the smoothest wedding planning as well as wedding day! We can’t thank El Chorro enough for putting together the most perfect day for us! Our photographer Megan Noll caught the beauty of this day perfectly as well!

Sent on 01/18/2020
  • Julia

Julia Bailey · Married on 10/11/2019

Perfect desert chic venue!

We were obsessed with El Chorro from the moment we drives onto the grounds. It was exactly what we were looking for! Scottsdale was a destination wedding for us, and we wanted the desert vibe, and didn’t want a ballroom wedding. We were married on the Casa Paloma Lawn (picture perfect with Camelback Mountain in the background)! We had cocktail hour out on the patio and then dinner and reception inside Casa Paloma. The building is very unique and the grounds are beautiful!

It was so much fun getting finishing touches ready in the bridal suite! It’s so beautiful!

El Chorro was so much fun! Food was delicious and it was the best venue we had been to (we have been to 20+ weddings!). We loved it all so much!

Special thanks to Lindsay-as she was super helpful coordinating everything for us!

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Suzanne

Suzanne Keller Cecil · Married on 10/05/2019

Gorgeous wedding venue

Soon after getting engaged, we decided that we would love to host our wedding at El Chorro. We love the food and the grounds, and thought it would be an incredible location. We were fortunate to get one of their last Saturdays in the fall of 2019 and I'm so glad because I can't imagine our wedding anywhere else now. We met Lindsey Rendon, Director of Sales & Catering, soon after and even though she was a representative of the venue - she made herself available for every possible question I could throw at her! Her insight and knowledge was so valuable and greatly appreciated as we began our planning. On the day of - all I can say is WOW. The El Chorro staff went above & beyond to take care of us and our guests. Simply the sweetest staff, who also happened to be incredibly efficient and service minded. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food (sticky buns for the win!) or the venue itself. The landscaping is simply stunning and a real show off - especially for our non AZ locals in attendance. Thank you to Lindsey and her team for helping us create memories that are going to last a lifetime!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Niels

Niels and Kristina Theijs · Married on 08/02/2019

A Bride's DREAM Venue.

El Chorro was my immediate choice the second I walked through the entrance. The greenery and THAT backdrop are the most romantic of all venues I toured. The team at El Chorro and the food sealed it for us. I am so grateful Revel Wedding Co. worked so well alongside El Chorro. My wedding was an absolute dream and some. I cannot express how stunning this site it.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Kira · Married on 03/30/2018

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose El Chorro as our wedding venue! Our wedding day was a dream, and so many of our guests commented that it was one of the most beautiful wedding venues they'd seen. The venue coordinator, Lindsey, is professional and friendly, and she worked hard to timely answer each and every question we had. If you want the perfect wedding day, El Chorro is the venue for you!

Sent on 04/29/2018
  • Nelson & Erika

erika grace · Married on 02/19/2017

El Chorro is the most perfect blank canvas for ANY bride to execute her unique vision and esthetic.
    Once I realized we had both an outdoor and indoor option for weather / backup plan, I felt great about the space. You can be sure that as a self-proclaimed foodie, the menu selections were of the highest priority to me when choosing a venue.

Lindsey was our point of contact at El Chorro and she was incredibly helpful!!! Since DAY 1 she has answered question via phone and email about the venue contract, the weather, the food, the layout, the headcount, and when we were not able to make an official wedding tasting mid week due to my husband's military work schedule, she was able to send us a dining card so we could take a date night on a weekend to El Chorro and try the items we were most interested in for the wedding menu!

The staff and bartenders the evening of our event were amazing. Our special attendant / waitress to our head table and my bridal suite was so sweet and always a step ahead of our drink refills and anything we may have needed the entire evening. Guests loved the timeliness of our passed appetizers. And the family style menu we selected was something that many of them had not experienced at a wedding before and they were VERY impressed with the plating and passing of a variety of foodie selections!

We continue to hear comments like,
    "Best venue ever,"
    "I haven't enjoyed a wedding this much before!"
    "This food is NOT wedding food! WOW! So good."
    "This VIEW is amazing!"
    "This is so much better in real life than their (El Chorro) Instagram!"

Thank you to the team at El Chorro for making our day so special. The effort and attention you all pay every day to the details of your venue, cuisine, kitchen, grounds, and landscaping made us feel as though the entire event was effortless on our part!
    Our photos are stunning as a result!

Everything was 'picture perfect!'
    - Erika & Nelson Faerber

Sent on 03/20/2017

We really enjoyed our experience with El Chorro. The event planner there was wonderful to work with and she answered all of our questions in a very timely manner. The location is gorgeous and it truly can't be beat.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Ashley · Married on 03/11/2016

I had my wedding here in March! It was absolutely stunning! After searching high and low throughout Arizona, I decided to go with El Chorro, and I'm so glad I did! We had a wedding size of 167 and it was the perfect location for it. Photographers love it here because of the amazing backdrop. Can't go wrong with this place.

Sent on 08/15/2016

El Chorro made our dream wedding come true! Lindsey and her team are amazing and so attentive. The food was delicious- we continue to get compliments from our guests on how it was some of the best food they have eaten at a wedding. You can't beat the view and the scenery- our pictures are so beautiful. El Chorro knows how to run a wedding and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Katie · Married on 12/12/2015

We loved having our wedding at El Chorro! It was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was great to work with every step of the way. Lindsey, the El Chorro Events Manager, was a wonderful asset to our wedding team. She was very helpful and allowed us to customize the reception and ceremony sites to our vision. We really appreciated all of her suggestions and referrals. The venue is classic Arizona chic and has a view of Camelback Mountain that cannot be beat. The food was delicious, we had so many guests tell us how much they enjoyed their meals. We could not be more happy we chose to have our wedding at this location and would recommend it to anyone planning a wedding in AZ.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Linda · Married on 10/24/2015

Lindsey and the entire staff at El Chorro are the very best! From the first meeting with Lindsey in May, 2014 to wedding day, October, 2015, we were at ease and never had a second of drama, concern or worry about the big day. Lindsey answered emails promptly and returned calls immediately. The ceremony and reception were perfect from start to finish! Thank you Lindsey! Only problem? I'm going to miss working with you! <3

Sent on 11/01/2015
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/10/2015

El Chorro is truly one of the most beautiful places in all of Arizona. The backdrop of Camelback and the combination of desert and lush green landscape was a total dream come true. Lindsey was always prompt in responding to any phone call, email or question that we had and she was a delight to work with! We are so thankful that we were able to have our wedding ceremony and reception here and all of guests raved about the dinner selections!! We will most definitely be celebrating every anniversary back at El Chorro!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Best venue in Arizona. It is so beautiful and the food and everything is incredible. Plus working with Lindsey was such a joy, she is so happy and helpful all the time! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/01/2015

El Chorro provided the most breathtaking venue for our ceremony and reception. Working with the staff and event coordinator was a pleasure. The planning process was a breeze - all of our emails and inquiries were answered promptly and easily. Lindsey is wonderfully helpful and friendly. The staff on the day of the wedding was unbelievable. The venue was perfectly set up, the ceremony and reception went perfectly, and the staff was consistently helpful and friendly throughout the evening. They even made sure my husband and I got a glass of wine and a taste of our cocktail hors d'oeuvres while we were running around getting final sunset photos. And, the food provided for the dinner was perfect. Our guests were blown away by how delicious the dinner was. We were so happy with the entire night and would recommend El Chorro to everyone.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Sarah · Married on 04/03/2015

El Chorro was the perfect venue for us. My husband and I met while living in AZ but have been living in DC for more than 3 years by the time we got married. We knew that we wanted an Arizona wedding, with the beautiful landscape and a classically southwestern feel -without feeling like a cheesy western movie. From the moment we walked into Casa Paloma (the larger reception space) I got butterflies and knew instantly that this was the place we were going to be married. Planning a wedding from the other side of the country can be difficult, but along with my wedding planner, and Lindsey from El Chorro, we were all able to email often to answer any of my questions along the way, as well as schedule visits for food tasting and additional site tours. The food was AMAZING! Definitely NOT your typical "wedding food" - our guests were incredibly complimentary during and now weeks after our wedding. The food and drink was hugely important to us and my husband and I were not only very happy, but also very impressed by it. The quality of service was also outstanding - for example, during our cocktail hour, while taking millions of photos, we had a server assigned to follow us around with our au d'oeuvres and a cocktail for each of us so we could nibble in between shots! So helpful!

I really cannot recommend this place enough, we had the most beautiful wedding and left with such a positive experience. I wish that we could do it all over again!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Kati · Married on 03/28/2015

Lindsey and the whole staff were so wonderful to work with. Our wedding night turned out absolutely perfect because of all their hard work.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Jim · Married on 03/22/2015

El Chorro was the perfect setting for our desert-themed wedding! The venue is beautiful at every turn, from the mountains in the background of the ceremony, to the flowers and cacti on property. The photographers had so many options from water fountains to decorative doors and even an orchard.

Our reception was in Casa Paloma which was a cozy, airy room with doors opening to the outside and lights and a fireplace on the patio. Guests loved the venue and are still talking about how great the food was!

We went with food stations that included sliders and tacos. The food was delicious and a memorable change from most wedding dinners we've had before. The food stations were set up nicely and not too informal at all. The staff doted on us, the bride and groom, from beginning to end. We always had a drink when we wanted it and had more than enough food.
    Lindsey Rendon with El Chorro was great to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly leading up to the big day and on the wedding day. She was always quick to respond to the smallest question. I highly recommend El Chorro to any bride looking for a beautiful, one-of-a-kind place to get married!

Sent on 06/12/2015

My husband and I got married at El Chorro, in the Casa Paloma Wedding Lawn and Reception Venue. We could not be happier with the entire day and planning process. Lindsey, El Chorro's event planner, is the most knowledgable and helpful vendor I have ever worked with. She went above and beyond with her level of service throughout the process- invited us to events at the venue along the way, made suggestions for our layout, helped us with our timelines and really anything else we needed! We also ended up using many of her suggested vendors for Cake, DJ, Linens, and Florals and were beyond thrilled with the results.
    In addition to wonderful Lindsey, the value that you get by booking at El Chorro, is awesome! Items that you would need to pay for to upgrade at other venues come standard- included beautiful white table linens, Chiavari chairs, round tables for the reception, white wooden chairs for the ceremony, lounge furniture, high top and low top tables for the cocktail hour. If I had it to do all over again I would book El Chorro in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Cyndy · Married on 02/14/2015

I always loved the setting of El Chorro and have enjoyed many brunches and dining experiences there in the years living in Arizona. Once I saw the beautiful room and outdoor area, there was no other location I could imagine my big day.

I can't say enough about how elated I am with not only how pleasant the planning process was, but also how stunning everything was on our Big Day. The Event/Wedding Coordinator, Lindsey Renden, was extremely helpful from day one. She provided us with assistance with logistics, made suggestions, coordinated/recommended excellent vendors, and was an absolutely pleasure.

The staff was so attentive, and treated my husband and I like a king and queen that evening to ensure we had everything we needed and were enjoying ourselves.

If you are fortunate to stumble upon an open date, I would suggest booking it as quickly as possible!

Sent on 02/21/2015

This is the most amazing place in the Phoenix area to get married. The food, staff and ambience is absolutely perfect. You can't beat the view of Camelback either. Do yourself a favor and get married here!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Our wedding at El Chorro was beyond anything we could have asked for. Throughout the entire planning process Lindsey (one of El Chorro's event planners) was able to help us along the way. She came with lots of experience and ideas. All of the staff that we encountered were extremely friendly and added to our special day! Thank you El Chorro!

Sent on 01/06/2014

courtney · Married on 10/27/2013

I have wanted to get married at El Chorro way before I even met my fiancé. The venue is so unique and beautiful not to mention the food is amazing. Well This past October 27th, I was finally able to have my wedding there. It was perfect! My guests said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to. People are still talking about how great the food was. Lindsey, my wedding/contact person there was amazing! She was so helpful. It felt as though she was my wedding planner too. I bounced several ideas off of her and all of her recommendations ended up making our special day better than I could have ever expected! Thanks Lindsey and everyone else at El Chorro!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Andrew · Married on 10/26/2013

Beautiful in every way. The staff was perfectly professional and despite not having an outside day-of planner, every single part of our wedding went off without a hitch. The staff an El Chorro is one of the biggest reasons we look back at our big day and can't think of a single thing we'd change.

Sent on 01/23/2014

Amy · Married on 03/23/2013

This was the most gorgeous and fun setting for our wedding, I can't imagine it going any better than it did! Lindsey, Kathy, and Charlie all made sure that our day was spectacular. The food, the service, the professionalism, the view... everything was perfect and so much fun!

Sent on 04/07/2013

Lindsay · Married on 03/15/2013

The staff at this location was amazing, it was easy, they were very prepared and had a great list of vendors to work with at their location.

THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!! Nothing like any other place I have been to for a wedding yet... and I have been to many :).

Sent on 05/14/2013