El Adobe de Capistrano Reviews

1 User photo

El Adobe de Capistrano 1
  • Merceades

Merceades · Married on 04/27/2019

You've found your wedding venue, look no further!

El Adobe was the dream I didn't even know I had! Janette and her entire team took care of everything, linens, catering, flatware, an amazing bar, killer food, and AMAZING staff! If I could go back and do it all over again, there is no doubt in my mind that we would choose El Adobe all over again! Our top 2 most important items for our wedding was the food and the drink...and El Adobe DELIVERED! Our wedding was 3 months ago and guests are still telling me how amazing the food was AND how beautiful and totally us the venue was! In addition to this, the staff was prompt, courteous, and SO MUCH FUN! It was clear that they were having a good time, which made it an AMAZING time for us and our guests. My only complaint is that I can't have their cocktail hour apps every day!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    El Adobe de Capistrano 2

Tahna · Married on 05/20/2017

I loved working with this venue. Herlinda (the events coordinator) was very communicative, organized, helpful, and professional. She even coordinated with the florist directly. The entire process was smooth and the event was pulled off wonderfully. The food is delicious, the venue is gorgeous, and the staff is amazing. I took advantage of the casita behind the venue. It was incredibly useful for getting ready and getting away for a moment during the cocktail hour. I highly recommend El Adobe de Capistrano for any event.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Brenda · Married on 03/18/2017

Our wedding isn't until next year, but we have already booked this location. The service we have received for all of our planning so far, has been fantastic. The staff is very friendly and has gone out of their way to make sure we get exactly what we want. The food is great. I am very happy that we have chosen this location for our reception.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Kimberly · Married on 12/31/2016

Amazing food! The space is beautiful on its own, but flexible to make it exactly what you want. The staff was very helpful. They helped make the wedding day amazing even when it rained all day. Love!

Sent on 02/01/2017

This venue has character and great space...we booked it for both our ceremony and reception. So far the service has been outstanding and very accommodating with requests. We had our first meeting and stayed for taco Tuesday - food was delicious, can't wait for our actual tasting. I will continue to update my reviews as we move through the process...but so far I'm very excited to have my wedding here!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Bree · Married on 05/14/2016

I got married here over the weekend--and it was everything I could have hoped for and more! Look no further if you want a spectacular, affordable venue. The historic building added to the character of our wedding (whimsical and rustic); the wait staff was out of this world and went above and beyond to help out my guests with dietary restrictions, and the set up was beautiful. The events management was easy to work with (for me and my coordinator), available to meet in person or talk on the phone, and flexible. I also go ready in the Casita out back and it was GORGEOUS and made for great pictures! It was also close enough to Mission San Juan that we had our first look at the Casita and took our photos INSIDE the Mission. They went above and beyond. I HIGHLY recommend the El Adobe!

Sent on 05/17/2016

michaela · Married on 01/16/2016

We could not be more happy with this venue!!! They were so incredibly flexible through this whole experience with them. Aileen was wonderful and always took her time with us at every meeting never making us feel rushed. The service was impeccable at our actual wedding from the bartender to the wait staff and our decor assistant Nirvana. Everyone of our guests absolutely raved about the food and drinks and everything was on point. Food came out hot and perfectly cooked and no one had to wait for drinks. They really hd our best interests at heart through this whole process. Trust me, it is really nice having someone calm and collected around like Aileen amidst the wedding weekend craziness!!! Thanks guys!!!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Caroline · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception here and are so glad we did. It was beautiful!!!! The courtyard and streaming lights just made it look so nice and all of the plants around it was amazing! We had a rustic theme wedding there and everyone had a blast! The wedding planners there Lauren and her sister corinn did an amazing job. they were easy to get a hold of and never had to stress with them around, they made sure everything ran smoothly! I did not stress one bit on the wedding day! Besides the fact they are awesome at their jobs they are great time and just awesome people! We had so much fun with them! I sincerely reccomend having your wedding their solely on the wedding coordinators... Their food is amazing as well as their margaritas. I definitely reccomend having that at your wedding or party.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Penny · Married on 09/06/2014

El Adobe provided us with an amazing space to host our rehearsal dinner. The food, atmosphere, and service was top notch.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Alana · Married on 05/05/2013

Libby, the event director, helped me put together a great reception in a matter of months at a great value for the money.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Melanie · Married on 04/28/2012

I am so happy we chose this location for our ceremony and reception. It turned out beautiful and we plan to dine here every year for anniversary. The El Adobe staff was so nice and friendly and made sure my hubby and I were taken care of on our special day. As far as decor, we had a lot of little extras we wanted to incorporate, and El Adobe was very accommodating with everything. Stacey, the events manager, was great to work with and was always very responsive. The roof opening up during our first dance was the icing on the cake and I have seriously lost count of the amount of people that have told us how much they loved that detail. A lot of our guests have also told us how much they loved the food. We were a little worried because we only served one choice (top sirloin a la tu with chimichurri sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables), instead of letting our guests choose, but we've heard nothing but rave reviews, even from picky eaters! We also opted for a sangria fountain which was a big hit with everyone. I highly recommend El Adobe; we would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Daniel · Married on 02/26/2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about working with El Adobe! Wow! I felt so comfortable with their wedding planner, Stacey, who has done countless weddings. She is super helpful if you want help in making decisions and getting advice and is very personable. The staff was wonderful on the day of the wedding, I had complements from my guests! One of the things that stood out was that appetizers came out immediately and promptly following the ceremony for all the hungry guests to feel at home. I had the ceremony there which was very intimate and beautiful. There is not room for the bride to wait is, is the only downer, but I just rented a limo anyway and waited in there with my friends before I walked in. There was a convenient door for me to sneak into. The food was over the top wonderful and everyone seemed to enjoy it, the variety left something for everyone! The glass ceiling literally opens up during the first dance to the open night sky which was so romantic! Overall I am so pleased I chose El Adobe and I would do it again!

Sent on 03/23/2012

Monique · Married on 11/06/2011

The el Adobe was amazing!! Stacey was awesome in helping with every step of the way. Thank you for all your help Stacey. They worked with us on so many little things. The seating chart was changed a few times. When my now husband and I went for the tasting they were so accommodating. Allowed us to try almost everything we wanted and at a last minute request. We had the ceremony outside in the garden. It was very pretty at 6:30 PM with all the lights lit up. Yes, it was very dark on November 6th ... first day of day lights savings. I did not know that until it was to late. But frankly it was so pretty because i had candles lighting everything up plus the lights in the trees. I had 145 guest, room for the cake, name tag and gift tables, the DJ, a table with the chocolate fountain, photo booth and a cartoonist all inside with room to dance and move!!! I did not feel crowded at all. Im glad everything fit so nicely because it was a little chilly on a fun November night. :) And when the roof opened that was amazing!!! It was a very cool first dance!!! :)

Sent on 09/08/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2011

Stacey and the team at El Adobe were spectacular! I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with El Adobe. Stacey made the entire planning process so enjoyable and accommodated our many requests. She was extremely organized, flexible and helpful in every way possible. She worked hard along side our vendors to create our dream wedding. She and her staff were very attentive and went above and beyond to make sure everyone at the wedding was well taken care of. Our guests cannot stop raving about the beautiful setting, amazing staff and delicious food. Many of them have already gone back for dinner since they had such a great experience at our wedding. We cannot thank Stacey, Luis and the rest of the amazing El Adobe team enough for such an incredible night! They truly are the best!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Andrea · Married on 06/18/2011

We had our reception at El Adobe and could not be happier with the way our wedding turned out. Everyone who attended raved about how much fun they had and it was just perfect. Stacey is very responsive and very professional. The food and service were great. We didn't have any major hiccups and the night went just as planned. I highly recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/05/2011

John · Married on 01/29/2011

We worked with Stacey at El Adobe to plan our wedding. She was very easy-going and flexible with us from the beginning. Stacey made us feel very confident that we would be pleased with our big night and we really were. We had a wonderful wedding there. I loved our ceremony with twinkle lights and candles outside in the garden. It was very beautiful, with the stained glass all lit up. The food was amazing, we opted to go with mexican food, the most expensive buffet package and open bar. Our guests had a great time and we got lots of compliments on the experience, food and how intimate the wedding was. I wouldn't change a thing about our Wedding and Reception at the El Adobe. Thanks again to Stacey!

Sent on 05/30/2011

C · Married on 01/01/2011

We could not have chosen a better place to have our Wedding Reception! The food was definitely a hit (we got the deluxe fajitas option with choice of tamale....delicious!! and it was served with two salads of your choice plus guacomole/salsa/chips/sour cream bar...and our cocktail hour food was phenomenal as well....mexican cheese sticks with crunched up red and green mexican tortilla chips around them!!, chichen empanadas and authentic taquitos!!, and one of the last two was served with the best mole sauce we have ever tried!!!)! Thankfully it wasn't raining, and during our dance together, we were able to have the ceiling slide open .... dancing under the stars.....some guests didn't know about it so it was cool that it brought them excitement! We also made a video and used El Adobe's LCD Projector )which rolls back up when you are done using it for the evening). Dancing also worked out more than perfect...I think we approximately had 130 people show up and there was plenty of room to dance and our band had more than plenty of room to work with for setting up their equipment too!! Our day would not have been more perfect if it wasn't for the help and service of El Adobe! El Adobe thank you so much for all you did to make our day so perfect and special!!

Sent on 02/03/2011

Kellie · Married on 11/12/2010

We knew this was our site when we walked in together! El Adobe is elegent, but not pricey. Beautiful and rustic and everything I had dreamed of in a wedding location!

Sent on 11/30/2010
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 08/28/2010

I feel in love with this place as soon as I walked in. Everything about it is just wonderful, the food tastes great. They are very nice and welcoming, Stacey is awesome and works around your budget as much as she can. The area it's self is also great. The only one thing - I would have to say (if you need to know the cons) is the location and drive. You tend to hit traffic going this way but who cares :)

Sent on 09/14/2010

Gabriela · Married on 07/09/2010

I am really glad I chose this venue for both ceremony and reception because everything turned out just perfect. The team at El Adobe are very easy to work with and they are willing to accommodate your every need. Also, great food and service!

Sent on 07/30/2010

Justin & Cera · Married on 06/26/2010

Love Love Love El Adobe!! My husband and I had the time of our lives at our wedding! El adobe was absolutley perfect!! Stacey is the coordinator and she is really great. She takes care of everything. All our guests loved the atmosphere and told us how beautiful our wedding was. The rustic ambiance and spanish vibe is so unique. We really could not have asked for anything more... it was just perfect!!

Sent on 07/22/2010

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2010

The event could not of been more perfect. The food was outstanding as was the service. I could not of picked a better place for my wedding day. Any questions or concerns I had were handled right away. I would recommend the El Adobe to anyone who wishes to get married or have a special event. I plan to have my five year anniversary party there as well.

Sent on 07/22/2010
  • caliallstr

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2009

We had such an amazing time at El Adobe. We knew that was our perfect venue as soon as we walked in! It is gorgeous! The ceiling opened up during our first dance, the place was set up beautifully and the staff was awesome! I highly recommend El Adobe for ANY event! The events coordinator, Stacey Strausbaugh, was so helpful & made our day stress free! It was perfect!

Sent on 09/23/2009