Eighteen Ninety Reviews

29 | Platte City, MO

29 Reviews for Eighteen Ninety

• Kayla

Kayla · Getting married on 04/17/2021

Can't wait to get married here!

I toured quite a few venues before seeing this one. When I walked in I immediately knew this is where I want to get married. They are so kind and the venue is gorgeous. We can't wait to get married here!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Amy B. · Married on 10/11/2020

2020 Fall Wedding

Paula and her staff were absolutely wonderful to work with. They were flexible with changes during COVID and made our lives so much easier. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and turned out even better than we expected. Thank you Paula and the Eighteen Ninety Crew!

Eighteen Ninety's reply:

What a wonderful day! It was such a pleasure to have your delightful families. We wish you and Tyler all the blessings life can hold!

Abby W. · Married on 08/20/2020

August 20th Wedding

Paula’s team is amazing at what they do and you will be well taken care of leading up to and on your wedding day. The team made our big day run so smoothly and it was the perfect day for our celebration of a new family!

Abby-
    Thank you for the lovely review and the amazing photos! It was a beautiful day and we wish you and Ben all the best for the future!

Chad W. · Married on 08/20/2020

Great venue for a wedding!

As the father of the bride, I could not be more pleased with the service from 1890. They helped make my daughters wedding day extra special.

• F

Faye · Married on 08/20/2020

An Amazing Place to Get Married

I have had the pleasure of attending several weddings at 1890, one of which in particular I was a bridesmaid in this summer. It was gorgeous. The venue is spectacular and the service was wonderful.

Laura V. · Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing!!!

Eighteen Ninety has to be one of the most magical venues in the area. The staff is amazing! The grounds, the house, the venue, just everything was so perfect for our wedding. It was an easy choice from the second we walked through the door and so happy we did!

• Shelly

Shelly S. · Married on 08/02/2020

The best all around!!

What a wonderful and friendly group of people to work with. They made our daughters wedding day so special! The staff was awesome!! The location is beautiful and every girls dream Venue.

• Michelle

Michelle M. · Married on 05/30/2020

The best venue and team!

LOVE! THE BEST VENUE and TEAM! I seriously cannot say enough great things about Eighteen Ninety! The space is absolutely stunning! I always wanted to get married outside with a beautiful arbor and back drop (but a backup indoor plan-weather permitting) and have an indoor reception with simple elegance that would also accommodate our original guest count pre-covid of 275. The reception hall is GORGEOUS with beautiful chandeliers that don’t need a whole lot of decor but you can put your own spin on! So many guests commented on the beauty of the venue! The greenery, fields, white fences, Victorian house, red barn, brick cocktail area, gravel road and reception hall all make for amazing pictures.

Paula, the owner, and her staff are absolutely amazing! We had to reschedule our wedding that was supposed to be in May due to covid-19. That day was still special to us and we wanted to get married not knowing if our rescheduled date was going to happen amidst the ongoing pandemic. Paula was gracious enough to let us use the venue on our original date to have our pastor marry us with a close group of friends! She seriously went above and beyond to accommodate us and I am forever grateful! Sweetest person ever!

Then come our rescheduled wedding date, Paula and her staff, Katie and team were in constant communication leading up to our day and dealt with my mini panic attacks in regards to cutting our guest count and final details! They catered to my high maintenance requests of chairs spaced, vendors in masks, provided hand sanitizer and stunning gold canisters to put at each table for guests to help social distance and stay germ free! Her team helped the day go by so smoothly!

The boys LOVED the grooms house where they enjoyed playing pool and kicking back with some drinks. The Victorian house is where us girls got ready and had plenty of rooms and lighting for great pictures!

We couldn’t have asked for a better venue and team for our big day! I highly recommend Eighteen Ninety for your special day! Such a stunning venue and a rockstar team who truly care about you and making your day perfect!

Paige B. · Married on 03/29/2020

Best venue in kansas city!

1890 was the best venue ever! I could go on and on about this exquisite venue. Our wedding was unfortunately affected by Covid, but 1890 directed every step of the way and stepped in to make our wedding just as perfect as possible! We were rescheduled with no issue and were always being kept up to date by their amazing owner, Paula! I wouldn’t have chosen anywhere else to spend such a special day! The facilities are kept in perfect condition and it was such a roomy venue to get ready at! Its beautiful landscaping and historic house made for the most beautiful pictures! I loved my whole experience!

Eighteen Ninety's reply:

Thank you, Paige for the gracious review! It was a pleasure to have you and your family here for your wedding and reception, which was absolutely beautiful!
    We loved having you!!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/16/2019

Remarkable experience

We had an amazing experience at Eighteen Ninety for our daughter’s wedding. It was absolutely delightful to have access to the bridal and groom suites, the outdoor ceremony with the arbor and perfectly stark white chairs and the great hall for the reception along with the outdoor beverage area. I cannot say enough good things about this place. There is no reason to go anywhere else. They have everything you need!

Sent on 08/23/2020
  • F

Frank B. · Married on 06/22/2019

The Fields at 1890

We were at the Fields at 1890. The venue looked beautiful for our wedding. The weather held in just in time for us to have our ceremony outside. Family and friends were blown away with the beautiful scenery. The inside part is also very nice. We had about 90 people for our wedding and it was comfortable. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/14/2018

This venue is TO DIE FOR! It is literally beautiful in everyday. The girls at the venue helped set up everything and tear down at the end of the night. Chelsea was so easy to stay in contact with and she was great to work with!

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • Bailey

Bailey A. · Married on 05/26/2018

The Perfect Venue

We couldn't be happier that we had our wedding at Eighteen Ninety! The staff is wonderful and Chelsea went above and beyond to make our day perfect. The mansion is clean and beautiful, and the reception space is immaculate. The space provides options for indoor or outdoor ceremonies and is the perfect backdrop for a number of different decoration styles. We loved everything about having our romantic/classic wedding at this venue.

Sent on 02/04/2019

Lyndse · Married on 09/29/2017

Chelsea was an absolute delight!!!! She made all of my dreams come true for my wedding day. She was responsive the entire time of planning my wedding, and was there from the rehearsal until the end of my night. I couldn't have asked for a better person to make sure everything went perfect at the venue. Eighteen Ninety was amazing!!!!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Victoria · Married on 07/22/2017

We had an AMAZING experience at Eighteen Ninety! Such friendly and helpful staff! Will recommend them to any of our future friends getting married!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Denae · Married on 04/08/2017

This venue is BEAUTIFUL! We couldn't have asked for a nicer place for our daughters wedding. Even without all the decorations this place is so beautiful! Joanne and Chelsea were a pleasure to work with. Very accommodating, vey professional and a great staff! There are so many little things that need to be done on the day of the wedding and they made sure they were all taken care of. It took a lot of stress off of us knowing that they were keeping everything thing running smoothly. This is a perfect place for a wedding, would highly recommend it to anyone! Thank you Joanne and Chelsea for helping to make our daughter and son-in-law's wedding perfect!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Andrea · Married on 11/12/2016

I am so glad we had our wedding at Eighteen Ninety! Leading up to the day, Joanne and her staff were very easy to work with, quick to respond to questions, and flexible when we requested some late changes to the reception room set-up. The space itself was also perfect for our day. The guys enjoyed the grooms quarters, my girls and I loved having the house to get ready in, we got great pictures around the house and the grounds, the ceremony outside turned out beautiful (even in November!) and the reception space is one of the nicest spaces in Kansas City. We got many compliments from guests that it was a favorite among the venues they'd been to for a wedding. Another plus was the ability to bring in outside vendors for food and drinks, which gave us flexibility and saved us some money. I've also been a guest at a wedding at Eighteen Ninety and the outdoor area and bar make it a really fun event for guests, even during the downtime between ceremony and reception. Overall, I am SO happy that we got to have our wedding at Eighteen Ninety!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Katelyn · Married on 10/22/2016

I was extremely apprehensive about the whole venue shopping experience. Eighteen Ninety was the first place we went to and I absolutely fell in love! Not just with the venue itself, but with the woman who showed us around. She was extremely honest, inviting, and excited to have us there and to potentially host our wedding. She made us feel extremely comfortable. My fiancé and I left with a pros and cons list. The pros: the beautiful Victorian style house, outdoor venue, overnight stay, rehearsal dinner, grooms/brides quarters, barn bar, staffing duties, 300 capacity, and a future reception venue to match the house. Frankly we couldn't come up with any cons! We are looking forward to having our magical day at 1890!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Loginn · Married on 10/21/2016

Absolutely loved working with you guys. It is a beautiful venue and the house is perfect. The day went very smooth and I am grateful for that. Thanks for everything!!

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • Genesa

Genesa · Married on 09/30/2016

Everything about Eighteen Ninety is absolutely perfect. Our wedding day could not have been more beautiful or gone more smoothly! Joanne and her staff are top notch, start to finish. Not only do they have a gorgeous and unique property, they are incredibly professional, responsive, caring and warm. It felt like they were just as excited for and invested in our day as we were from the first visit! Truly recommend everything about this venue, especially Joanne--she's a gem!! Bonus: once we selected them as our venue, we even got to take our engagement photos there. Once you visit, you'll see why this place books so quickly, don't wait!

Sent on 10/22/2016
  • Reem

Reem · Married on 07/24/2016

We LOVED our venue choice. 1890 Event Space was absolutely stunning! Everything about the venue was gorgeous. Joanne, the property manager, was quick to respond and answered any questions we had. I definitely recommend 1890!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/25/2016

As a wedding coordinator, I absolutely loved working with 1890 Event Space. Joanne was very open to working with my partner and I to make sure our client had the wedding they wanted. The space is excellent for a wedding with the gorgeous bridal suite, outdoor ceremony space, outdoor cocktail space, and the gorgeous, gorgeous reception hall! It's perfect for any type of wedding theme and color palette. We will absolutely recommend 1890 to our clients and can't wait to work there again in the future!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Eighteen Ninety's reply:

Thank you Jennifer!! You guys were absolutely the best! We look forward to working with you again very soon!!

Stephanie · Married on 03/19/2016

This Venue gives me my dream wedding. I am doing a Country Rustic Wedding and with the Colonial Home and Barn set up. It's perfect. And with the one night stay and what they can supply you with. Just gives you the biggest relief. And even if she doesn't supply something (food, flowers, dj, etc) she will help you find one that suits your needs. I am so excited to have my wedding at Eighteen Ninety. Thank You Joanne!!

Sent on 11/24/2014
  • Julia211

Julia · Married on 10/01/2016

Eighteen Ninety and Joanne are AH-MAZING! They were so pleasant to work with and helped make our special day unforgettable. The new building is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds are very well kept. Right when we went to tour this venue, I knew it was exactly what I had been looking for. I couldn't have imagined our wedding at any other place! Thank you Joanne, you and your staff are rock stars!

Sent on 10/18/2016