Edward John Photography Reviews

17 | Fredericksburg, VA

17 Reviews for Edward John Photography

Melinda H. · Married on 06/02/2018

Photographer

Edward John Mauer was literally the best photographer we could have asked for on our wedding day and he captured every part of our wonderful day. He also made the day fun with his personality and humor. He is talented and worth hiring him for your day.

Sent on 03/14/2019

Kristi A. · Married on 04/28/2018

There isn’t one word...

Ed made my then fiancé and I feel comfortable from the start. As two awkward people were not easy to photograph- but he put us at ease! Our engagement session was fun and we really got to know him and vice versa. He’s super flexible, fun, and professional. I had no worries that he’d be able to capture every moment! Our pictures were gorgeous, my album is gorgeous and I’ll never forgot how beautiful Ed made me feel!

Sent on 03/15/2019

Amanda · Married on 04/21/2018

Edward went above and beyond everything I was expecting. He was there from when my bridesmaids and I were getting ready that morning to the sparkler send off that late night. Every bride should be looking for a photographer like Edward. It was truly an amazing experience having him do our engagement photos and now the wedding. He captured everything I wanted and then some. LOVE every single photo.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Jessica H. · Married on 11/10/2017

We onehundred percent recommend Edward John Photography.

Edward was absolutely AMAZING to work with. We chose Edward through a referral; he had taken wedding pictures for friends of ours and they highly recommended him. He was exactly what they said. From day one, Edward was patient when answering e-mails (especially multiple e-mails as new questions came to mind), thorough in explaining what our options were and in making notes in what we wanted, and one hundred percent professional. On the big day, Edward fit right in with our wedding party and family, making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. Our wedding photographs were STUNNING. Not only that, but Edward had them returned to us in only one month- which is a very quick turn around. We have received numerous compliments and we would without a doubt, recommend him to anyone looking to capture beautiful images of their special day.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Callie · Married on 09/30/2017

Ed was great!! He did our engagement shoot and our wedding day. He is very easy to work with and did a fantastic job!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Jenny · Married on 12/26/2016

Ed is amazing! He is not your typical wedding photographer. He knows how to capture all of the details, even the tiny ones, while ensuring that the big moments aren't neglected. He is like a ninja with the camera, and while we were up front getting on with the I do's and such, he was capturing photos of not only us but our loved ones as well. He took the time for an engagement session, something we hadn't wanted. Yet this time allowed him to get to know us. He truly listened when we told him we wanted the focus on our family and friends, and he gathered photographs of so many small moments. He was always on the move, always looking for possibility, and always prepared. (We got a rainy December day.) He took the time to look at the area and made the most of the space that we were in. He would get far more than 5 stars if it were possible.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Jake · Married on 10/17/2015

Extremely professional and passionate about his work. The final pictures were absolutely amazing. I couldnt imagine hiring anyone else.

Sent on 01/28/2016

Mary · Married on 10/10/2015

Look no further for a photographer! Amazing photos and price is affordable! Works with budget and customizes packages to your needs!!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2013

Edward was recommended to us by a friend. We had just viewed my friend's wedding album and were very impressed. Edward has a great personality that makes you warm up to him very quickly. You can tell he's very passionate about his work. With the services he offers, Edward is very affordable for any budget. We had a blast at our engagement session and the quality of his work made us very eager for our big day. During the chaos of the big day, Edward was so grounded and kept us on point, it was invaluable to us. We opted to do a "first look", and Edward helped us plan out the big moment; it is something I'll treasure forever. During the wedding festivities, Edward blended into our wedding crowd. I didn't know where he was half the night, but whenever I saw him, he busy taking pictures. I never felt like I was interrupted or "stolen away" for a picture. The day after the wedding, he had 20+pictures already online ready for viewing. I was stunned and it was awesome to have something so soon! I can't wait to see the rest.

Sent on 03/09/2014

Emily A. · Married on 10/05/2013

If someone asked me what the best decision I made for my wedding was... without a doubt I would say my photographer (besides my groom of course).

I loved everything about my wedding: I had booked the perfect venue, found the perfect dress, had wonderful flowers and cake… but I would not do any of it again without our photographer! Our photographer, Ed, was able to do something not every photographer can do. Ed not only photographed the beautiful images and moments, but his photographs artistically captured the emotion throughout the day. Through his photos, I was able to re-experience the excitement as the day began, the nervousness with the final touch-ups, the butterflies as the doors opened and I saw my groom, and the wave of emotions throughout the evening. Ed blended right in to the celebration but somehow captured photographs of every brief moment that I was praying I would remember.

As many know (or will soon find out)… planning a wedding (a day you will remember for the rest of your life) is not the easiest thing to do. I would urge you to make one decision easy on yourself; book Edward John Photography and rest assured that you will have a beautiful reflection of the day as the one thing you get to keep after your big day (besides your groom, of course).

Sent on 11/25/2013

Emily · Married on 10/05/2013

I wouldn't change a thing! I loved my venue, flowers, etc....but Edward John Photography was the best decision I made for my wedding day (besides my groom) !!! I love my photos... they capture so much emotion it takes me right back to our wedding day! I recommend him to EVERYONE!

Sent on 01/12/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2013

Ed is one of a kind. We met with many photographers and there were many reasons why we choose Ed as our photographer - he is personable, he is talented, he loves what he does, and most importantly, Nate and I were able to be ourselves when Ed was shooting. After our wedding, our family and friends (especially our wedding party) told us how much they loved our photographer. We were so lucky to have Ed capture our special day!!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Liz · Married on 05/18/2013

Our original photographer cancelled on us 2 weeks prior to our wedding because he got injured and had to have surgery. You'd think I'd be a crazy bride, stressed out of my mind over that, but I was more than thrilled to have Edward photograph our wedding.

Edward made us feel very comfortable both with him as a person, and with his work. He was like a ninja, running around undetected to get the best shots and the best angles. He has the perfect photojournalistic style that we were looking for, since we didn't want anything that looked too posed.

He's a definite pro, and even hung out with my mom and niece the morning of the wedding! Everything happens for a reason...and we're so glad we got to have Edward as our photographer!

Sent on 05/08/2014
  • User3031995 · 2+ years ago

Not only did Ed take absolutely fantastic pictures, he made both our wedding day and our engagement pictures experiences that we remember above all others.

Sent on 01/31/2013

You were the best part of our day. Thank you for making it so amazing.

Thank you for the awesome light saber ....epic

Sent on 01/31/2013

Jillyan · Married on 05/21/2011

Edward John Photography is the best! His photos captured my wedding day in such a beautiful way. He goes the extra mile to make sure every moment is remembered.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Katie · Married on 08/28/2010

We were looking for a quality photographer for our wedding, to us it was one of the most important aspects of the entire wedding. Pictures are what make the memory of the most wonderful day of your life last forever. We couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out, they tell the story of our whole day. Ed made our bridal party and our families comfortable and excited, the photos prove how much fun everyone had. Nothing was posed or cheesey, Ed is very down to earth and professional, he went above and beyond what we ever wanted. :)

Sent on 02/14/2011