141 Reviews for Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe

Groom's Cake (5)
Cupcakes (4)
Dessert Buffet (1)
138 Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe Reviews

We got married 25 years ago this May. Every single chef, venue, purveyor, that we asked for advice told us to get our cake from Edible Art. They were not mistaken! Although we had tastings at 5 other places, Edible Art was hands down the BEST. This was waaay back when they were still downtown, in a small store front across from Meredith College. We enjoyed our Wedding Cakes - we had several layers, one was almond with almond filling and white butter cream, and the 2 others were chocolate with raspberry filling and white buttercream. DELICIOUS! We went ahead and froze the top layer so that we could eat it on our first wedding anniversary. We didn't really expect much, given that it had been inside of a freezer for a year. What a surprise, it was every bit as delicious! That is why I just ordered a cake from them to celebrate our 25 years of marriage. SO glad that they are still in business and going strong! You can't go wrong with a quality product from a quality purveyor. Thank you, Edible Art!!

Profile Picture Dorace, 5/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

A+ on the cake (almond amaretto w/vanilla buttercream!), B- on communication & execution. I was an out-of-state bride which always makes things difficult, but Edible Art was very flexible and let me take cake samples to-go while I was passing through town. It was a huge help! I coordinated and finalized my order by phone/email and spoke with a different person each time, it seemed. The online payment system also feels a bit clunky & not very secure. Despite these minor discomforts, we received a perfect cake on the day of the wedding and I would absolutely choose Edible Art again! I'm sure coordinating a wedding cake purchase would be much, much easier for locals.

Profile Picture amber, 5/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art was so great! They came as a recommendation from our venue, and after checking several places out, we completely agree. Todd was so responsive to our emails, which was particularly important, as we live on separate coasts, so a lot of coordinating was done online. Luckily the bride was able to join me for our tasting here, and it allowed us to see many of their options. They predominantly do a denser pound-cake style, but also have a fluffier cupcake style available, which is what we ultimately opted for. In addition to our tasting menu, they had several of the cupcakes in the other flavors we were interested in that helped us make our decision.
We ended up with a three tiered cake, with the top being blemonberry cake with lemon curd filling, the middle almond cake with amaretto filling, and the bottom chocolate with chocolate ganache filling with buttercream icing - we wanted it to be delicious and didn't care so much about the aesthetics that fondant could offer, and we could not be happier with our decision. They created a beautiful textured buttercream, and although I am still sad that the only bites of cake I managed were for the photo, guests have raved about how great it was, with one saying the almond amaretto was so good it will haunt her dreams!

Profile Picture Janet & Jay, 4/21/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Do the cake tasting! My now- husband participated in this part of the wedding planning process with no hesitation! Everything was delicious! We chose our cake/cupcake flavors of Amaretto Almond and Lemon Raspberry and they were a hit with our guests. They delivered early to the venue so our photographer could get great shots before guests arrived. Highly recommended for an unforgettable cake.

Profile Picture NICOLE, 4/15/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Planning a wedding in Raleigh while living in Houston is NOT an easy task but once we landed on Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe website our journey instantly became smooth sailing. They worked so closely with us, answering countless questions.

They were so attentive and responsive via email and were willing to do whatever we needed. The drop-off of the cake topper the day before the wedding was seamless. The delivery went off without a hitch and the cake was gorgeous. Oh, and did we mention, EVERYONE loved the look, design, flawlessness, and especially, the taste of this wonderful creation.

There couldn't be a company out there more accommodating than Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe. If you have any upcoming dessert needs then you don't need to look any further. Thank you so much to the staff at Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe. Y'all received so many compliments from our wedding guests and I wanted to pass the kind words along. It was such a pleasure working with your company!!! Many thanks for helping make our wedding day so special.

Profile Picture Danika, 2/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Edible Art for all four of our wedding-related cakes - our engagement cake (red velvet), my bridal shower cake (strawberry), our groom's cake (chocolate), and our wedding cake (almond amaretto). All of the cakes were delicious and we received a lot of compliments on all four of the cakes. Todd (the owner) is great and ended up referring a lot of the vendors we decided to go with - we joked that he could've planned our whole wedding! Edible Art created a gorgeous surprise groom's cake for my fiance to my exact specifications and Todd and the whole Edible Art team were super responsive to emails and questions/requests throughout the year and a half of our engagement. We will always look to order Edible Art cakes for special celebrations in our future! Thank you so much Todd & Edible Art team!

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

Edible Art provided the cake for our daughter's wedding this past weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. The cake was beautiful and so delicious. Several wedding guests made a point of commenting on the flavor and moistness of the cake and asked where we had gotten it. The Almond Amaretto is just one of the best cakes I've ever had.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Edible Art was amazing! They listened to what I was thinking about as far as design goes and then they came up with something fabulous and funky! And the taste!!!! We got the vanilla pound cake with some layers of raspberry and some layers of lemon curd, with buttercream frosting. So good!! The guests were raving about it! Perfect service, perfect final product! Thank you!

Profile Picture Theresa, 7/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved the wedding cake we got from Edible Art! We wanted a simple and elegant cake that tasted amazing and that is exactly what we got. They were so fast to get back to us about design, flavor changes, and delivery logistics which was such a relief when we had so many other things going on during the planning process.

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art made us an absolutely gorgeous and delicious cake. My new sister in law even said it was the best wedding cake she'd ever tasted, including her own. The cake was one of my favorite parts of the wedding day!

I also appreciate that Edible Art does not nickel and dime their customers. They do not charge for a tasting and they do not upcharge for every little addition to the cake. Their prices are very fair for the incredible products they produce.

Profile Picture User5088382, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We LOVED Edible Art! They were so nice and we were able to get exactly the cake we wanted! Plus their cakes are so delicious! :)

Profile Picture Nevada, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art was so fantastic to work with. Todd was extremely accommodating and responsive during the planning process. We were indecisive about out cake design and he was so helpful and patient with us and it turned out perfectly. We decided to do cupcakes for our guests and a small cutting cake for us and everything was SO delicious. Our guests were (and still are) raving about how good the cupcakes were (we chose S'mores, Caramel Apple, and Vanilla varieties). Luckily we had some left over after the wedding so we were able to enjoy them for a few days longer! Highly recommend working with Edible Art!

Profile Picture Angie, 10/21/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

wonderful great well priced :)

Profile Picture symone, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We booked Edible Art for our wedding cake because I am vegan and we were having trouble finding a place that would make a vegan cake until we found Edible Art. We contacted them and setup a tasting when they said they'd be able to do it. She made several different types of vegan cake and they all tasted great. We had trouble deciding what flavor to go with. The day of the wedding we couldn't have been happier. The cake arrived and it looked and tasted great. I would recommend them for a vegan or non vegan cake.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I haven't had my actual wedding cake yet, but my fiancé and I had our tasting and can't wait for Edible Art to do our wedding cake and dessert shooters! They were on time and ready for our tasting and had a special tasting room set up for us when we got there. The options and quality they have are second to none, and their gluten free cake is just as good and is still moist, which is hard to accomplish.

Profile Picture Abby, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible art does fantastic work! At the tasting they offered various flavors or their traditional pound cake recipe, and provided a sample of the lighter, fluffier cupcake recipe. Both were good, but my fiancé and I went with the pound cake. Todd was great to work with as well, very nice, and he took a piece of the swatch of linens I brought with me to make sure he matched the color perfectly. He was the first vendor to do that, and it definitely shows their attention to detail! We had a 4 tier cake with cinnamon swirl on the bottom, chocolate, banana, then pumpkin on top. The cinnamon swirl was a flavor I requested that they had never made before but it was delicious! They did an amazing job! I'm sure banana and cinnamon swirl cake flavors aren't often requested, but they executed it flawlessly! Every tier was delicious! People at the reception loved the cake! And it was so artfully decorated, they captured my vision perfectly, I was so happy! And I can't wait to get our anniversary cake in a year! (They bake a one tier cake for you so you don't have to freeze your top layer) Overall, I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a bakery with a friendly staff who are very knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to recreate your vision perfectly!

Profile Picture Lisa , 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Edible Art for our wedding cake and Groom's cake! Both were above and beyond what we expected and very delicious. We had a complimentary tasting with Todd and he put together exactly what I wanted from what I showed him in pictures. Excellent experience!

Profile Picture Ashley , 9/10/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Todd was SO easy to work with, even across several state lines - he listened to our ideas, offered his own creative input when it was appropriate, and created a beyond-gorgeous "night sky" cake for us. The cakes at Edible Art are pricey, but you're getting completely fresh from-scratch ingredients and a labor of love. You can save a little by getting the buttercream frosting and using the simpler cake flavors (which are delicious, so it's not like you're missing out on anything).

Our cake looked and tasted amazing, and our guests clearly agreed, as they gobbled it up so fast that my husband didn't even get any at the ceremony! So we cut into our top layer a little early, and are looking forward to enjoying the rest of it over time.

Profile Picture Mandy, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Such a delicious cake and wonderful service! Todd was absolutely wonderful and really went out of the way to accommodate my dietary restrictions for the big day. He created a beautiful cake and allowed for me to include all of my designs.

Profile Picture User7814019, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art was referred to me by City Club Raleigh (where I got married and had my reception) I'm so happy I found them!! The cake was beautiful and classy! We met one time, threw out a few ideas of what we were going for and they exceeded my expectations! Everyone not only loved the look of the cake but they loved the taste as well! Thank you Edible Art!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art made our wedding cake dreams a reality. The icing was exactly what I wanted, subdued but classy. We did a three tier cake for fifty and fifty cupcakes with beautiful lavender and white icing and sugar pearls and glitter. Our desert table was beautiful and the cake was excellent. We had three different varieties of cake in our wedding cake and each one was delicious! Edible Art also makes it easy to celebrate your anniversary - they will make you an anniversary cake on your anniversary so you don't have to freeze and eat your actual wedding cake from the day of. I highly recommend them. We topped our cake with fresh flowers from our florist and wedding planner, and it was simple, beautiful, classy and most importantly, delicious!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

My cake was beyond beautiful and Todd made sure that my vision came through. My mouth dropped when my cake arrived at the venue. I would definitely recommend this bakery.

Profile Picture Sondra, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had red velvet, chocolate, and almond layers of wedding cake with buttercream frosting. The cake was beautiful and simply delicious.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Todd was extremely helpful despite my indecisiveness. Initially, I had no clue what type of wedding cake I wanted. I went on Pinterest and surprisely found a design I loved. I showed the design to Todd and he assured me it could be duplicated. When the wedding day came, I was so impressed because it looked exactly liked the picture and it was beautiful! The cake was also delicious! I would recommend this bakery to anyone. The cake was soooo good and mine came with little parfaits. YUM!

Profile Picture Jalisha, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Their cake is SO good! Everyone at our wedding raved about it! They are also very easy to work with for planning and designing your dream wedding cake!

Profile Picture Joanne, 6/4/16, 6 Reviews