Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe Reviews

Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 6
Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 7
  • Beth

Beth S Teague · Married on 10/05/2019

A Beautiful, Delicious Cake!

What more could you want? They truly did make the vision come to life, and they steered us along and we were 100% happy customers! It was delicious and we had leftovers to enjoy later. Thank you to Erin, she took very good care of us!!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Georgia

Georgia Cole · Married on 09/14/2019

Beautiful & Delicious Gluten-Free Wedding Cake!

Edible Art just made a beautiful and delicious gluten-free cake for my daughter's wedding! It was an elegant round tiered cake on a beautiful silver riser! It was decorated with fresh flowers provided by our florist. Simply stunning! Thank you!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail Campbell · Married on 09/01/2019

Hands Down the Best Gluten Free Cupcakes for Our Wedding!

This charming family owned and managed cupcakery is anything but modest in their skills, variety of flavors, level of customer service, value for the money, and of course TASTE! First, they don't charge you extra for gluten-free ingredients and since a lot of my family including myself are Celiac, I was so surprised by this! Second, they were so willing to try out new flavors I suggested just for our wedding and even in smaller quantities for the tasting--Mexican Vanilla Bean (packed a little spice), Strawberry Lime Margarita (complete with tequila) and my favorite Churro! Our guests tired them all and could even tell that were gluten free--that's the real test! Another cupcake place near me (SmallCakes) said that I would have pay 3x for gluten-free and pay for the testing--ridiculous! As a Celiac, I don't have many safe or tasty options when it comes to baked goods, but I can't express enough how grateful and surprised I was with Edible Art! Thanks Edible Art--PS. I highly recommend that you make Churro a staple on your menu!!!! YYUUUUMMM!!!

Sent on 09/08/2019
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 8
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 9

Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe's reply:

Abigail,

I'm so glad that everything came out perfect for your special day. We love being able to satisfy our customers when it comes to new ideas and helping with any food allergies. We greatly appreciate the review and we hope to work with you again soon. I definitely will be putting Churro and the other flavors on the menu soon since they turned out amazing.
  • Roscoe

Roscoe Harris Jr · Married on 05/25/2019

Sweet and Simple

We only wanted a simple, single round cake that fit our theme. Edible Art worked really well with us to design the cake and pick the flavors. OMG, it was absolutely delicious, perfect texture, and everybody loved it.

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 10

Margot · Married on 05/25/2019

beautiful, delicious cake!!

Edible Art was fantastic!! The staff were so wonderful to work with; they were quick to respond to emails and were very accommodating during a generous tasting meeting. When we were finalizing our flavors several months later, they even offered to prepare a personalized box of samples for us to pick up to help with our final decisions. We went with the lemon and almond pound cakes--highly recommend! Our wedding cake looked beautiful and tasted delicious. We're already looking forward to our anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 11
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 12

Casey · Married on 12/29/2018

My Dream Cake

Edible Art made the most amazing cake for my wedding. I am gluten free and my husband loves cookies and cream. They crafted a tasty gluten free cookies and cream cake that was so delicious! I already look forward to eating the top layer!! Additionally, they provided us with their red velvet cupcakes. A crowd favorite for sure. I would highly recommend this bakery to anyone. The cake tasting experience was also incredibly personal. Can’t thank them enough for creating my dream cake because I didn’t know if it could happen!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

Edible Art was great to work with! They made the whole process seamless, we ended up purchasing cupcakes and a 3-tier cake for our wedding. Both the cupcakes and cake were perfect! The guests raved about the cake flavor, we went with almond. I'd absolutely recommend Edible Art for wedding cakes and cupcakes!!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 13

Deborah · Married on 07/25/2018

I have been a customer for 20 years. The team has done an amazing job with every kind of cake big or small!
    They were so helpful when I had an issue with an ice cream cake for my daughter. Very willing to help me out in a pinch and make it look presentable!!! Thankful that we have such a wonderful cake company right around the corner!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Dorace · Married on 05/29/2018

We got married 25 years ago this May. Every single chef, venue, purveyor, that we asked for advice told us to get our cake from Edible Art. They were not mistaken! Although we had tastings at 5 other places, Edible Art was hands down the BEST. This was waaay back when they were still downtown, in a small store front across from Meredith College. We enjoyed our Wedding Cakes - we had several layers, one was almond with almond filling and white butter cream, and the 2 others were chocolate with raspberry filling and white buttercream. DELICIOUS! We went ahead and froze the top layer so that we could eat it on our first wedding anniversary. We didn't really expect much, given that it had been inside of a freezer for a year. What a surprise, it was every bit as delicious! That is why I just ordered a cake from them to celebrate our 25 years of marriage. SO glad that they are still in business and going strong! You can't go wrong with a quality product from a quality purveyor. Thank you, Edible Art!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Janet & Jay · Married on 04/21/2018

Edible Art was so great! They came as a recommendation from our venue, and after checking several places out, we completely agree. Todd was so responsive to our emails, which was particularly important, as we live on separate coasts, so a lot of coordinating was done online. Luckily the bride was able to join me for our tasting here, and it allowed us to see many of their options. They predominantly do a denser pound-cake style, but also have a fluffier cupcake style available, which is what we ultimately opted for. In addition to our tasting menu, they had several of the cupcakes in the other flavors we were interested in that helped us make our decision.
    We ended up with a three tiered cake, with the top being blemonberry cake with lemon curd filling, the middle almond cake with amaretto filling, and the bottom chocolate with chocolate ganache filling with buttercream icing - we wanted it to be delicious and didn't care so much about the aesthetics that fondant could offer, and we could not be happier with our decision. They created a beautiful textured buttercream, and although I am still sad that the only bites of cake I managed were for the photo, guests have raved about how great it was, with one saying the almond amaretto was so good it will haunt her dreams!

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 14
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 15
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 16

Danika · Married on 02/24/2018

Planning a wedding in Raleigh while living in Houston is NOT an easy task but once we landed on Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe website our journey instantly became smooth sailing. They worked so closely with us, answering countless questions.

They were so attentive and responsive via email and were willing to do whatever we needed. The drop-off of the cake topper the day before the wedding was seamless. The delivery went off without a hitch and the cake was gorgeous. Oh, and did we mention, EVERYONE loved the look, design, flawlessness, and especially, the taste of this wonderful creation.

There couldn't be a company out there more accommodating than Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe. If you have any upcoming dessert needs then you don't need to look any further. Thank you so much to the staff at Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe. Y'all received so many compliments from our wedding guests and I wanted to pass the kind words along. It was such a pleasure working with your company!!! Many thanks for helping make our wedding day so special.

Sent on 03/04/2018
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 17
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 18

Beth · Married on 12/16/2017

I can’t say enough about how helpful the staff at Edible Art was when I went in to order a groom cake. They were so patient, cheerful and determined to help me get the cake I had envisioned, within budget. They were so great helping to find ways to cut the cost of what was a pretty expensive cake, without sacrificing the artistic and sentimental elements that would make it unique! I would not hesitate to recommend Edible Art for any special cake needs; in fact, we also got my daughter’s wedding cake here a year ago and it was not only beautiful but incredibly delicious!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Meredith · Married on 09/23/2017

We used Edible Art for all four of our wedding-related cakes - our engagement cake (red velvet), my bridal shower cake (strawberry), our groom's cake (chocolate), and our wedding cake (almond amaretto). All of the cakes were delicious and we received a lot of compliments on all four of the cakes. Todd (the owner) is great and ended up referring a lot of the vendors we decided to go with - we joked that he could've planned our whole wedding! Edible Art created a gorgeous surprise groom's cake for my fiance to my exact specifications and Todd and the whole Edible Art team were super responsive to emails and questions/requests throughout the year and a half of our engagement. We will always look to order Edible Art cakes for special celebrations in our future! Thank you so much Todd & Edible Art team!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Chris · Married on 09/23/2017

Edible Art provided the cake for our daughter's wedding this past weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. The cake was beautiful and so delicious. Several wedding guests made a point of commenting on the flavor and moistness of the cake and asked where we had gotten it. The Almond Amaretto is just one of the best cakes I've ever had.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Theresa · Married on 07/14/2017

Edible Art was amazing! They listened to what I was thinking about as far as design goes and then they came up with something fabulous and funky! And the taste!!!! We got the vanilla pound cake with some layers of raspberry and some layers of lemon curd, with buttercream frosting. So good!! The guests were raving about it! Perfect service, perfect final product! Thank you!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Jamie · Married on 05/20/2017

We loved the wedding cake we got from Edible Art! We wanted a simple and elegant cake that tasted amazing and that is exactly what we got. They were so fast to get back to us about design, flavor changes, and delivery logistics which was such a relief when we had so many other things going on during the planning process.

Sent on 05/29/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/19/2016

Edible Art made us an absolutely gorgeous and delicious cake. My new sister in law even said it was the best wedding cake she'd ever tasted, including her own. The cake was one of my favorite parts of the wedding day!

I also appreciate that Edible Art does not nickel and dime their customers. They do not charge for a tasting and they do not upcharge for every little addition to the cake. Their prices are very fair for the incredible products they produce.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Nevada · Married on 11/12/2016

We LOVED Edible Art! They were so nice and we were able to get exactly the cake we wanted! Plus their cakes are so delicious! :)

Sent on 03/21/2017

Angie · Married on 10/21/2016

Edible Art was so fantastic to work with. Todd was extremely accommodating and responsive during the planning process. We were indecisive about out cake design and he was so helpful and patient with us and it turned out perfectly. We decided to do cupcakes for our guests and a small cutting cake for us and everything was SO delicious. Our guests were (and still are) raving about how good the cupcakes were (we chose S'mores, Caramel Apple, and Vanilla varieties). Luckily we had some left over after the wedding so we were able to enjoy them for a few days longer! Highly recommend working with Edible Art!

Sent on 11/13/2016

symone · Married on 10/08/2016

wonderful great well priced :)

Sent on 04/08/2017

Abby · Married on 09/17/2016

I haven't had my actual wedding cake yet, but my fiancé and I had our tasting and can't wait for Edible Art to do our wedding cake and dessert shooters! They were on time and ready for our tasting and had a special tasting room set up for us when we got there. The options and quality they have are second to none, and their gluten free cake is just as good and is still moist, which is hard to accomplish.

Sent on 05/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/10/2016

Edible art does fantastic work! At the tasting they offered various flavors or their traditional pound cake recipe, and provided a sample of the lighter, fluffier cupcake recipe. Both were good, but my fiancé and I went with the pound cake. Todd was great to work with as well, very nice, and he took a piece of the swatch of linens I brought with me to make sure he matched the color perfectly. He was the first vendor to do that, and it definitely shows their attention to detail! We had a 4 tier cake with cinnamon swirl on the bottom, chocolate, banana, then pumpkin on top. The cinnamon swirl was a flavor I requested that they had never made before but it was delicious! They did an amazing job! I'm sure banana and cinnamon swirl cake flavors aren't often requested, but they executed it flawlessly! Every tier was delicious! People at the reception loved the cake! And it was so artfully decorated, they captured my vision perfectly, I was so happy! And I can't wait to get our anniversary cake in a year! (They bake a one tier cake for you so you don't have to freeze your top layer) Overall, I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a bakery with a friendly staff who are very knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to recreate your vision perfectly!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Bri · Married on 08/14/2016

Such a delicious cake and wonderful service! Todd was absolutely wonderful and really went out of the way to accommodate my dietary restrictions for the big day. He created a beautiful cake and allowed for me to include all of my designs.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Morgan · Married on 08/06/2016

Edible Art was referred to me by City Club Raleigh (where I got married and had my reception) I'm so happy I found them!! The cake was beautiful and classy! We met one time, threw out a few ideas of what we were going for and they exceeded my expectations! Everyone not only loved the look of the cake but they loved the taste as well! Thank you Edible Art!!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/06/2016

Edible Art made our wedding cake dreams a reality. The icing was exactly what I wanted, subdued but classy. We did a three tier cake for fifty and fifty cupcakes with beautiful lavender and white icing and sugar pearls and glitter. Our desert table was beautiful and the cake was excellent. We had three different varieties of cake in our wedding cake and each one was delicious! Edible Art also makes it easy to celebrate your anniversary - they will make you an anniversary cake on your anniversary so you don't have to freeze and eat your actual wedding cake from the day of. I highly recommend them. We topped our cake with fresh flowers from our florist and wedding planner, and it was simple, beautiful, classy and most importantly, delicious!

Sent on 08/23/2016