Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe Reviews

Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 4
Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 5
Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 6

The Hall and Gardens at Landmark · event on: 03/08/2014

Almond Amaretto was my favorite at Open House! Todd, you are so wonderful and your deserts are divine. As always you are a hit! The Landmark director Joyce Jones was thrilled when she got her samples. Thank you so much for your outstanding job at The Hall at Landmark Open House. We look forward to you joining us June 11, 2014 for our evening Open House.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

Edible Art was great to work with! They made the whole process seamless, we ended up purchasing cupcakes and a 3-tier cake for our wedding. Both the cupcakes and cake were perfect! The guests raved about the cake flavor, we went with almond. I'd absolutely recommend Edible Art for wedding cakes and cupcakes!!

Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 7

Deborah · Married on 07/25/2018

I have been a customer for 20 years. The team has done an amazing job with every kind of cake big or small!
    They were so helpful when I had an issue with an ice cream cake for my daughter. Very willing to help me out in a pinch and make it look presentable!!! Thankful that we have such a wonderful cake company right around the corner!

Dorace · Married on 05/29/2018

We got married 25 years ago this May. Every single chef, venue, purveyor, that we asked for advice told us to get our cake from Edible Art. They were not mistaken! Although we had tastings at 5 other places, Edible Art was hands down the BEST. This was waaay back when they were still downtown, in a small store front across from Meredith College. We enjoyed our Wedding Cakes - we had several layers, one was almond with almond filling and white butter cream, and the 2 others were chocolate with raspberry filling and white buttercream. DELICIOUS! We went ahead and froze the top layer so that we could eat it on our first wedding anniversary. We didn't really expect much, given that it had been inside of a freezer for a year. What a surprise, it was every bit as delicious! That is why I just ordered a cake from them to celebrate our 25 years of marriage. SO glad that they are still in business and going strong! You can't go wrong with a quality product from a quality purveyor. Thank you, Edible Art!!

Janet & Jay · Married on 04/21/2018

Edible Art was so great! They came as a recommendation from our venue, and after checking several places out, we completely agree. Todd was so responsive to our emails, which was particularly important, as we live on separate coasts, so a lot of coordinating was done online. Luckily the bride was able to join me for our tasting here, and it allowed us to see many of their options. They predominantly do a denser pound-cake style, but also have a fluffier cupcake style available, which is what we ultimately opted for. In addition to our tasting menu, they had several of the cupcakes in the other flavors we were interested in that helped us make our decision.
    We ended up with a three tiered cake, with the top being blemonberry cake with lemon curd filling, the middle almond cake with amaretto filling, and the bottom chocolate with chocolate ganache filling with buttercream icing - we wanted it to be delicious and didn't care so much about the aesthetics that fondant could offer, and we could not be happier with our decision. They created a beautiful textured buttercream, and although I am still sad that the only bites of cake I managed were for the photo, guests have raved about how great it was, with one saying the almond amaretto was so good it will haunt her dreams!

Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 8
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 9
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 10

Danika · Married on 02/24/2018

Planning a wedding in Raleigh while living in Houston is NOT an easy task but once we landed on Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe website our journey instantly became smooth sailing. They worked so closely with us, answering countless questions.

They were so attentive and responsive via email and were willing to do whatever we needed. The drop-off of the cake topper the day before the wedding was seamless. The delivery went off without a hitch and the cake was gorgeous. Oh, and did we mention, EVERYONE loved the look, design, flawlessness, and especially, the taste of this wonderful creation.

There couldn't be a company out there more accommodating than Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe. If you have any upcoming dessert needs then you don't need to look any further. Thank you so much to the staff at Edible Art Bakery Desserts & Cafe. Y'all received so many compliments from our wedding guests and I wanted to pass the kind words along. It was such a pleasure working with your company!!! Many thanks for helping make our wedding day so special.

Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 11
    Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe 12

Beth · Married on 12/16/2017

I can’t say enough about how helpful the staff at Edible Art was when I went in to order a groom cake. They were so patient, cheerful and determined to help me get the cake I had envisioned, within budget. They were so great helping to find ways to cut the cost of what was a pretty expensive cake, without sacrificing the artistic and sentimental elements that would make it unique! I would not hesitate to recommend Edible Art for any special cake needs; in fact, we also got my daughter’s wedding cake here a year ago and it was not only beautiful but incredibly delicious!

Meredith · Married on 09/23/2017

We used Edible Art for all four of our wedding-related cakes - our engagement cake (red velvet), my bridal shower cake (strawberry), our groom's cake (chocolate), and our wedding cake (almond amaretto). All of the cakes were delicious and we received a lot of compliments on all four of the cakes. Todd (the owner) is great and ended up referring a lot of the vendors we decided to go with - we joked that he could've planned our whole wedding! Edible Art created a gorgeous surprise groom's cake for my fiance to my exact specifications and Todd and the whole Edible Art team were super responsive to emails and questions/requests throughout the year and a half of our engagement. We will always look to order Edible Art cakes for special celebrations in our future! Thank you so much Todd & Edible Art team!

Chris · Married on 09/23/2017

Edible Art provided the cake for our daughter's wedding this past weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. The cake was beautiful and so delicious. Several wedding guests made a point of commenting on the flavor and moistness of the cake and asked where we had gotten it. The Almond Amaretto is just one of the best cakes I've ever had.

Theresa · Married on 07/14/2017

Edible Art was amazing! They listened to what I was thinking about as far as design goes and then they came up with something fabulous and funky! And the taste!!!! We got the vanilla pound cake with some layers of raspberry and some layers of lemon curd, with buttercream frosting. So good!! The guests were raving about it! Perfect service, perfect final product! Thank you!

Jamie · Married on 05/20/2017

We loved the wedding cake we got from Edible Art! We wanted a simple and elegant cake that tasted amazing and that is exactly what we got. They were so fast to get back to us about design, flavor changes, and delivery logistics which was such a relief when we had so many other things going on during the planning process.

Elizabeth · Married on 11/19/2016

Edible Art made us an absolutely gorgeous and delicious cake. My new sister in law even said it was the best wedding cake she'd ever tasted, including her own. The cake was one of my favorite parts of the wedding day!

I also appreciate that Edible Art does not nickel and dime their customers. They do not charge for a tasting and they do not upcharge for every little addition to the cake. Their prices are very fair for the incredible products they produce.

Nevada · Married on 11/12/2016

We LOVED Edible Art! They were so nice and we were able to get exactly the cake we wanted! Plus their cakes are so delicious! :)

Angie · Married on 10/21/2016

Edible Art was so fantastic to work with. Todd was extremely accommodating and responsive during the planning process. We were indecisive about out cake design and he was so helpful and patient with us and it turned out perfectly. We decided to do cupcakes for our guests and a small cutting cake for us and everything was SO delicious. Our guests were (and still are) raving about how good the cupcakes were (we chose S'mores, Caramel Apple, and Vanilla varieties). Luckily we had some left over after the wedding so we were able to enjoy them for a few days longer! Highly recommend working with Edible Art!

symone · Married on 10/08/2016

wonderful great well priced :)

Abby · Married on 09/17/2016

I haven't had my actual wedding cake yet, but my fiancé and I had our tasting and can't wait for Edible Art to do our wedding cake and dessert shooters! They were on time and ready for our tasting and had a special tasting room set up for us when we got there. The options and quality they have are second to none, and their gluten free cake is just as good and is still moist, which is hard to accomplish.

Lisa · Married on 09/10/2016

Edible art does fantastic work! At the tasting they offered various flavors or their traditional pound cake recipe, and provided a sample of the lighter, fluffier cupcake recipe. Both were good, but my fiancé and I went with the pound cake. Todd was great to work with as well, very nice, and he took a piece of the swatch of linens I brought with me to make sure he matched the color perfectly. He was the first vendor to do that, and it definitely shows their attention to detail! We had a 4 tier cake with cinnamon swirl on the bottom, chocolate, banana, then pumpkin on top. The cinnamon swirl was a flavor I requested that they had never made before but it was delicious! They did an amazing job! I'm sure banana and cinnamon swirl cake flavors aren't often requested, but they executed it flawlessly! Every tier was delicious! People at the reception loved the cake! And it was so artfully decorated, they captured my vision perfectly, I was so happy! And I can't wait to get our anniversary cake in a year! (They bake a one tier cake for you so you don't have to freeze your top layer) Overall, I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a bakery with a friendly staff who are very knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to recreate your vision perfectly!

Bri · Married on 08/14/2016

Such a delicious cake and wonderful service! Todd was absolutely wonderful and really went out of the way to accommodate my dietary restrictions for the big day. He created a beautiful cake and allowed for me to include all of my designs.

Morgan · Married on 08/06/2016

Edible Art was referred to me by City Club Raleigh (where I got married and had my reception) I'm so happy I found them!! The cake was beautiful and classy! We met one time, threw out a few ideas of what we were going for and they exceeded my expectations! Everyone not only loved the look of the cake but they loved the taste as well! Thank you Edible Art!!

Kristen · Married on 08/06/2016

Edible Art made our wedding cake dreams a reality. The icing was exactly what I wanted, subdued but classy. We did a three tier cake for fifty and fifty cupcakes with beautiful lavender and white icing and sugar pearls and glitter. Our desert table was beautiful and the cake was excellent. We had three different varieties of cake in our wedding cake and each one was delicious! Edible Art also makes it easy to celebrate your anniversary - they will make you an anniversary cake on your anniversary so you don't have to freeze and eat your actual wedding cake from the day of. I highly recommend them. We topped our cake with fresh flowers from our florist and wedding planner, and it was simple, beautiful, classy and most importantly, delicious!

Sondra · Married on 07/30/2016

My cake was beyond beautiful and Todd made sure that my vision came through. My mouth dropped when my cake arrived at the venue. I would definitely recommend this bakery.

Laura · Married on 07/16/2016

We had red velvet, chocolate, and almond layers of wedding cake with buttercream frosting. The cake was beautiful and simply delicious.

Jalisha · Married on 07/02/2016

Todd was extremely helpful despite my indecisiveness. Initially, I had no clue what type of wedding cake I wanted. I went on Pinterest and surprisely found a design I loved. I showed the design to Todd and he assured me it could be duplicated. When the wedding day came, I was so impressed because it looked exactly liked the picture and it was beautiful! The cake was also delicious! I would recommend this bakery to anyone. The cake was soooo good and mine came with little parfaits. YUM!

• SoonToBeStoddie

Joanne · Married on 06/04/2016

Their cake is SO good! Everyone at our wedding raved about it! They are also very easy to work with for planning and designing your dream wedding cake!

Corrie · Married on 05/14/2016

From the start, Todd we incredibly helpful. In our tasting, we felt like one of the flavors wasn’t strong enough and Todd was very open to tweaking a few things for us. All of the samples we had were amazing even if they weren’t something we wanted in our wedding cake! Shortly after deciding to go with Edible Art, my company had an anniversary cake made by them and although I tried to resist (good ole wedding diet) I caved. The first bite confirmed we made the perfect decision - YUM! For some reason deciding on a cake design was one of the harder decisions I had to make. I couldn’t find a design I liked and had my heart set on buttercream. A lot of vendors ask you questions about your style, and for me, I always felt like a deer in headlights. I know what I like and what I don’t like but it’s hard to define. Todd took a scroll through my Pinterest Pins, told me what style I tend to lean towards, and helped solidify a design. I looked for weeks and went back and forth between designs. Within a minute after Todd told me what I tend to like, we had a firm decision on a cake design. PHEW! I will most certainly visit Edible Art for all cakes in the future. Also, try the fondant even if you tend not to enjoy it – it’s actually REALLY good.