136 Reviews for Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe

Groom's Cake (5)
Cupcakes (4)
Dessert Buffet (1)
133 Edible Art Bakery & Dessert Cafe Reviews

We used Edible Art for all four of our wedding-related cakes - our engagement cake (red velvet), my bridal shower cake (strawberry), our groom's cake (chocolate), and our wedding cake (almond amaretto). All of the cakes were delicious and we received a lot of compliments on all four of the cakes. Todd (the owner) is great and ended up referring a lot of the vendors we decided to go with - we joked that he could've planned our whole wedding! Edible Art created a gorgeous surprise groom's cake for my fiance to my exact specifications and Todd and the whole Edible Art team were super responsive to emails and questions/requests throughout the year and a half of our engagement. We will always look to order Edible Art cakes for special celebrations in our future! Thank you so much Todd & Edible Art team!

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

Edible Art provided the cake for our daughter's wedding this past weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. The cake was beautiful and so delicious. Several wedding guests made a point of commenting on the flavor and moistness of the cake and asked where we had gotten it. The Almond Amaretto is just one of the best cakes I've ever had.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Edible Art was amazing! They listened to what I was thinking about as far as design goes and then they came up with something fabulous and funky! And the taste!!!! We got the vanilla pound cake with some layers of raspberry and some layers of lemon curd, with buttercream frosting. So good!! The guests were raving about it! Perfect service, perfect final product! Thank you!

Profile Picture Theresa, 7/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved the wedding cake we got from Edible Art! We wanted a simple and elegant cake that tasted amazing and that is exactly what we got. They were so fast to get back to us about design, flavor changes, and delivery logistics which was such a relief when we had so many other things going on during the planning process.

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art made us an absolutely gorgeous and delicious cake. My new sister in law even said it was the best wedding cake she'd ever tasted, including her own. The cake was one of my favorite parts of the wedding day!

I also appreciate that Edible Art does not nickel and dime their customers. They do not charge for a tasting and they do not upcharge for every little addition to the cake. Their prices are very fair for the incredible products they produce.

Profile Picture User5088382, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We LOVED Edible Art! They were so nice and we were able to get exactly the cake we wanted! Plus their cakes are so delicious! :)

Profile Picture Nevada, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art was so fantastic to work with. Todd was extremely accommodating and responsive during the planning process. We were indecisive about out cake design and he was so helpful and patient with us and it turned out perfectly. We decided to do cupcakes for our guests and a small cutting cake for us and everything was SO delicious. Our guests were (and still are) raving about how good the cupcakes were (we chose S'mores, Caramel Apple, and Vanilla varieties). Luckily we had some left over after the wedding so we were able to enjoy them for a few days longer! Highly recommend working with Edible Art!

Profile Picture Angie, 10/21/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

wonderful great well priced :)

Profile Picture symone, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We booked Edible Art for our wedding cake because I am vegan and we were having trouble finding a place that would make a vegan cake until we found Edible Art. We contacted them and setup a tasting when they said they'd be able to do it. She made several different types of vegan cake and they all tasted great. We had trouble deciding what flavor to go with. The day of the wedding we couldn't have been happier. The cake arrived and it looked and tasted great. I would recommend them for a vegan or non vegan cake.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I haven't had my actual wedding cake yet, but my fiancé and I had our tasting and can't wait for Edible Art to do our wedding cake and dessert shooters! They were on time and ready for our tasting and had a special tasting room set up for us when we got there. The options and quality they have are second to none, and their gluten free cake is just as good and is still moist, which is hard to accomplish.

Profile Picture Abby, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible art does fantastic work! At the tasting they offered various flavors or their traditional pound cake recipe, and provided a sample of the lighter, fluffier cupcake recipe. Both were good, but my fiancé and I went with the pound cake. Todd was great to work with as well, very nice, and he took a piece of the swatch of linens I brought with me to make sure he matched the color perfectly. He was the first vendor to do that, and it definitely shows their attention to detail! We had a 4 tier cake with cinnamon swirl on the bottom, chocolate, banana, then pumpkin on top. The cinnamon swirl was a flavor I requested that they had never made before but it was delicious! They did an amazing job! I'm sure banana and cinnamon swirl cake flavors aren't often requested, but they executed it flawlessly! Every tier was delicious! People at the reception loved the cake! And it was so artfully decorated, they captured my vision perfectly, I was so happy! And I can't wait to get our anniversary cake in a year! (They bake a one tier cake for you so you don't have to freeze your top layer) Overall, I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a bakery with a friendly staff who are very knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to recreate your vision perfectly!

Profile Picture Lisa , 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Edible Art for our wedding cake and Groom's cake! Both were above and beyond what we expected and very delicious. We had a complimentary tasting with Todd and he put together exactly what I wanted from what I showed him in pictures. Excellent experience!

Profile Picture Ashley , 9/10/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Todd was SO easy to work with, even across several state lines - he listened to our ideas, offered his own creative input when it was appropriate, and created a beyond-gorgeous "night sky" cake for us. The cakes at Edible Art are pricey, but you're getting completely fresh from-scratch ingredients and a labor of love. You can save a little by getting the buttercream frosting and using the simpler cake flavors (which are delicious, so it's not like you're missing out on anything).

Our cake looked and tasted amazing, and our guests clearly agreed, as they gobbled it up so fast that my husband didn't even get any at the ceremony! So we cut into our top layer a little early, and are looking forward to enjoying the rest of it over time.

Profile Picture Mandy, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Such a delicious cake and wonderful service! Todd was absolutely wonderful and really went out of the way to accommodate my dietary restrictions for the big day. He created a beautiful cake and allowed for me to include all of my designs.

Profile Picture User7814019, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art was referred to me by City Club Raleigh (where I got married and had my reception) I'm so happy I found them!! The cake was beautiful and classy! We met one time, threw out a few ideas of what we were going for and they exceeded my expectations! Everyone not only loved the look of the cake but they loved the taste as well! Thank you Edible Art!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Edible Art made our wedding cake dreams a reality. The icing was exactly what I wanted, subdued but classy. We did a three tier cake for fifty and fifty cupcakes with beautiful lavender and white icing and sugar pearls and glitter. Our desert table was beautiful and the cake was excellent. We had three different varieties of cake in our wedding cake and each one was delicious! Edible Art also makes it easy to celebrate your anniversary - they will make you an anniversary cake on your anniversary so you don't have to freeze and eat your actual wedding cake from the day of. I highly recommend them. We topped our cake with fresh flowers from our florist and wedding planner, and it was simple, beautiful, classy and most importantly, delicious!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

My cake was beyond beautiful and Todd made sure that my vision came through. My mouth dropped when my cake arrived at the venue. I would definitely recommend this bakery.

Profile Picture Sondra, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had red velvet, chocolate, and almond layers of wedding cake with buttercream frosting. The cake was beautiful and simply delicious.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Todd was extremely helpful despite my indecisiveness. Initially, I had no clue what type of wedding cake I wanted. I went on Pinterest and surprisely found a design I loved. I showed the design to Todd and he assured me it could be duplicated. When the wedding day came, I was so impressed because it looked exactly liked the picture and it was beautiful! The cake was also delicious! I would recommend this bakery to anyone. The cake was soooo good and mine came with little parfaits. YUM!

Profile Picture Jalisha, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Their cake is SO good! Everyone at our wedding raved about it! They are also very easy to work with for planning and designing your dream wedding cake!

Profile Picture Joanne, 6/4/16, 6 Reviews
0.5

Out of all of my wedding vendors, Edible Art unfortunately gave me the worst experience. My cake was the wrong color the day of...it was supposed to be silver AND blush pink, but was all silver. I was mortified to see it during day of preparations and it really soured my mood when I was supposed to be happy and excited. When my wedding coordinator immediately contacted the bakery, they said they had no notes on the order indicating that anything was supposed to be blush pink. Meanwhile, I had asked for a sketch of my cake multiple times in the 12 months leading up to my wedding, and each time was told they were too busy to do it and would "get back to me". Maybe if I had gotten a sketch, I would've been able to correct them on the color. Days after the wedding, I looked back through my email and found the correspondence with Todd where he asked for the blush pink swatches, and I replied with pictures of the bridesmaid dresses, and he confirmed receipt of this. I am more angry now looking back and knowing that I did confirm the pink and that it was nowhere to be found on my cake or apparently the order form. I picked Edible Art because of the rave reviews and their reputation, and and completely disappointed with that decision. Will not be recommending.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 5/28/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

From the start, Todd we incredibly helpful. In our tasting, we felt like one of the flavors wasn’t strong enough and Todd was very open to tweaking a few things for us. All of the samples we had were amazing even if they weren’t something we wanted in our wedding cake! Shortly after deciding to go with Edible Art, my company had an anniversary cake made by them and although I tried to resist (good ole wedding diet) I caved. The first bite confirmed we made the perfect decision - YUM! For some reason deciding on a cake design was one of the harder decisions I had to make. I couldn’t find a design I liked and had my heart set on buttercream. A lot of vendors ask you questions about your style, and for me, I always felt like a deer in headlights. I know what I like and what I don’t like but it’s hard to define. Todd took a scroll through my Pinterest Pins, told me what style I tend to lean towards, and helped solidify a design. I looked for weeks and went back and forth between designs. Within a minute after Todd told me what I tend to like, we had a firm decision on a cake design. PHEW! I will most certainly visit Edible Art for all cakes in the future. Also, try the fondant even if you tend not to enjoy it – it’s actually REALLY good.

Profile Picture Corrie, 5/14/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

My family has used Edible Art for cakes since we first moved to the Triangle in the late 1980s. Time and again, Edible Art has come through with amazing, tasty creations. While we did our due diligence and vetted several vendors, it was a no brainer in the end to choose them to do our cake. Their service is exceptional; within an hour of my initial inquiry I received an email from Todd, who I worked with through the remainder of the wedding process. They have a lovely, private room so you aren't tasting in front of the masses, which allowed me and my now husband to have honest conversations about what we wanted without the pressure of vendor staring at us. Todd was patient, flexible, and gave us lots of options to work with, including ultimately creating a custom filling for our cake that was off menu. The cake was stunning and exactly matched what I wanted - and it was DELICIOUS!

Profile Picture User6087499, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We loved our cake shooters. They were delicious! Todd was very easy to work with and so accommodating. It was a perfect day!!

Profile Picture Amy, 3/12/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We purchased two cakes from Edible Art for our wedding, a classic wedding cake and a red velvet armadillo grooms cake. Yes, I loved Steel Magnolias.

Every layer of the primary wedding cake was elegant and delicious, but it was Arnold the Armadillo that TOOK THE CAKE (hehe). He was a huge hit with the kids and adults at the wedding, and the only way they could have made him look more real would have been to turn him on his back and put his feet in the air.

I do not hesitate to recommend Edible Art for any and all cakes!

Profile Picture Richard, 12/31/15, 3 Reviews