My Wedding Musician Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer K. Married on 05/21/2022

Ed is your guy!

From the initial consult, it became clear to me that Ed is THE musician you must have. Ed is extremely talented and plays 4 instruments - guitar, violin, mandolin, and ukulele. He is very detail-oriented and knows how to take the lead and plan an evening to remember. Ed has quite the repertoire of music and is there to help guide you in selecting music for your ceremony. I had requested a song to walk down the aisle that Ed never heard of before. Without hesitation, he asked me to play it so he could hear it. After hearing it briefly, he was able to play along with the music and agreed that would be my song. Wow I was impressed! It was apparent that Ed invested a lot of time in preparation for my wedding so that everyone had a memorable experience. I received lots of feedback from my guests about how much they thoroughly enjoyed hearing Ed’s music. I highly recommend him ten times over!
    Chris D. Married on 04/23/2022

Ed Rocks!!

Ed was truly one of the highlights of our big day. I promise, nobody will care more about your wedding, besides bride and groom, than Ed will. He will take the time to make sure everything is perfect, you are happy, and that everyone is on the same page. He was a bright spot for us throughout the entire process 💙

My Wedding Musician's reply:

HI Chris and hope you and Shaina are enjoying "married life'! (and considering how super nice you both are, I can't imagine how you wouldn't be :) Thank you for all the kind words, and allow me to say that you were a 'bright spot' for me as well, as I had such a delightful time working with you both on your wedding and seeing it come together so beautifully at The Oceanic! Take good care of each other, and if I could ever be of service to you for 'anything' in the future please don't hesitate to call me, it would be GREAT to see you both again! Warmest Wishes Always, ED
  • Nicole
    Nicole V. Married on 03/10/2022

Wonderful musician, music and value!

Ed is such a gem to work with. He played at my wedding in Boynton Beach at Benvenuto's on 3/10/2022 and did a fantastic job. He played for a total of 2.5 hours for our b'deken, ceremony, and cocktail hour and it added so much to the ambiance and excitement. Ed goes above and beyond to help everyone stay organized during the processional, even going so far as to make name tags for where everyone should sit after they walk down the aisle. He is very available for organizing calls and offers a lot of great suggestions and ideas. He was flexible with the way we wanted to do our ceremony and b'deken, even when it wasn't the standard way! He totally lives up to his great reviews and I highly recommend him to anyone searching for a talented and fun wedding musician!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Nicole, hi and hope 'married life' is going great for you and Paul! Thank You so much for all the kind words ... and now it's 'my' turn, lol! It was 'such' a pleasure working with you on your amazing, unforgettable and quite unique wedding, and I LOVED minute of our Zoom meetings, texts, phone calls, etc.! (and can only 'wish' that the folks reading this could have been there to see it!)
    Again, thank you for submitting such a nice review for me, and if I can be of service to you for anything else in the future (perhaps your baby shower?, lol) please don't hesitate to contact me, as it would be great to see you again. Wishing you both ALL THE BEST for a wonderful and prosperous life together! L'CHAIM!
    Jenna U. Married on 02/05/2022

Amazing! Highly recommend!

Ed is the best!!!! From our first interaction with Ed he was nothing but kind, thoughtful and accommodating. He helped us pick our ceremony songs and spent so much time making sure everything was absolutely perfect for our big day. He went above and beyond for us! He is an amazing musician who made our wedding day so special! We are so happy we Ed was a part of our day and we would highly recommended him for anyone looking for a wedding musician! Thanks again, Ed!!!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Jenna, hi and hope everything is going beautifully for you and Curtis! Thank you for your kind words and submitting a review for me, and believe me, it was a such a pleasure on my part working with you on all our Zoom meetings, to put together your beautiful and highly unique wedding ceremony. (and LOVED Curtis coming down to Die A Happy Man :) Thank you for choosing me as your wedding musician, and wishing you both ALL THE VERY BEST for a lifetime of love and joy!
  • Maria
    Maria J. Married on 01/01/2022

Ed made my ceremony unforgettable!

Ed guided me to plan the ceremony and organize everyone’s entrance. He made name tags for the first two rows. He played multiple instruments during my ceremony and cocktail hour. All my guests absolutely loved him! I got so many compliments. Ed is very professional and made my ceremony super special! Also, we had many last minute changes because of covid and he was very accommodating. I absolutely recommend Ed to make your day extra special. Thank you Ed!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Maria, hi and hope you're enjoying 'married life' so far, and trust me...it gets better every year! (and now it's my turn, lol)
    There are weddings, and there are weddings, and yours last week at the Deer Creek Golf Club was truly one of my favorites, as it had wonderful song selections, extremely pleasant guests, beautiful bridesmaids and groomsmen, a cocktail hour I'll long remember, and one of the nicest couples I've ever had the pleasure of working with! Thank you for all the nice words, and my sincerest BEST WISHES to you and Elti for a lifetime of love and happiness! (and please give him a big hug from 'moi!) :)
    Melinda C. Married on 12/12/2021

Ed is great!

Ed was an amazing addition to our wedding day! He puts a smile on everyone face and helped guide us on all the details of the ceremony and cocktail hour. Our expectations were exceeded when he also assisted with our rehearsal! Ed is a must hire! You found your live musician.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Melinda, hi and Thank You for all your kind words, and allow me to add the big smile on 'my' face every time you and Alvaro met me on Zoom, and meeting you both in person for conducting your rehearsal and of course, on the 'BIG DAY'! :) It was a pleasure working with you both every step of the way, and see it all come together so nicely at The Living Sculpture! Here's wishing you both ALL THE VERY BEST...every day...for a future filled with love, health, and happiness! :)
    Cindy L. Married on 11/20/2021

Ed is amazing!

If you want to make your wedding special, please talk with Ed. He will work to find the perfect music for your ceremony and can also provide entertainment for your cocktail hour. Ed is so professional- he is on it! He will make sure your entire family is represented in the music that he plays. Watch the videos on his website and imagine your wonderful wedding executed perfectly by Ed, My Wedding Musician.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Cindy, hi and hope you and everyone in your lovely family is well! THANK YOU so much for the lovely review, and allow me to say that it was a JOY not only to play for Ally's wedding, but to work closely with you in all the details and songs for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Please give them all my very best, take good care, and thank you for choosing me for your daughter's special day! :)
    Abby G. Married on 11/09/2021

Ed is the BEST!!!!!!! BOOK HIM!

Ed is the absolute best. He performed at our wedding on 11/9/2021. We had an intimate wedding of 14 people and Ed was the perfect addition. Every guest RAVED about Ed and how he was so great and nice and an amazing musician. From the moment we first spoke I knew we were in good hands. We had a two hour zoom call to go over specifics of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He lifted such a weight off of our shoulders as he knew exactly what decisions needed to be made, transitions that needed to happen, etc. He created a full itinerary of our day. He provided uplights, ceremony script examples, MC-ed our reception. HE IS THE BEST! Our day would not have been the same without Ed. Everything was seamless. Gusts are still raving. We will absolutely book Ed for any and all events we may have in the future. He even found out that one of our siblings also plays the ukulele and invited them to play a song. He is like the best uncle at your wedding - he brings the party. THANK YOU ED!!!!!!! You nailed it.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Abby, where do I start? *First, by saying Thank You for all your kind words, *second, by saying Thank You for choosing me for your special day, and *third for saying that I had an absolutely WONDERFUL time acting as your Musician MC / DJ! and proving that even small weddings can be just as grand (and FUN) as large ones. especially 'your' guests! (those folks can dance!)
    Please give Sam a big hug from 'moi' and it was a pleasure being Uncle Ed for your wedding! Wishing you both ALL THE BEST!
  • Michelle
    Michelle M. Married on 09/04/2021

Ed was fantastic

Ed was super helpful throughout the whole process, very communicative, professional, and all around great to work with. He coordinated our music as well as DJing/announcements and our guests loved the live music, as well. Would highly recommend him to anyone who's planning a wedding.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Michelle, hi and hope all is well for you and Matt, and you're both enjoying 'married life'! (I know I do! :)
    Thank you for all the kind words, and I allow me to say how very much I enjoyed playing for all your lovely guests, listening to all the nice things they said about the both of you during out open mike, and finally meeting you 'in person'!
    THA NK YOU so much for the fond memories and sincerely wishing you ALL THE VERY BEST! :)
  • Michael
    Michael C. Married on 06/27/2021

A True Professional

My wife and I were crazy enough to think we can plan a wedding by ourselves in 3 months—and somehow we did it.

One of my mandatories during the process was music. I did a ton of searching online, but when I found Ed and read the reviews, I knew he was the one.

Without a doubt, I attribute the success of the ceremony and reception to Ed's thoughtful approach to his role in the wedding. His experience is apparent through his attention to detail, recommendations and advice he gives us every step of the way.

I tell my wife that we hired him to play music at the ceremony, but he ended up as our honorary wedding planner.

If he's available, you better book him.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Michael, thank you SOOO MUCH for all your kind words...but now it's MY turn, lol! It was an 'absolute pleasure' working with you and Jennifer on all the facets of your wedding, and I was both 'thrilled' that the ceremony ,despite having to move things around at Fairchild Gardens due to the rain. came out so beautifully, and 'surprised' by how much FUN everyone had at Bulla Gastrobar for the reception, as I know originally we planned for something a bit more on the 'quiet side' - didn't happen! :)
    Thank you for choosing me as your Musician / MC / DJ and please give a BIG hug and thank you to your lovely wife from 'moi' and wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Michelle
    Michelle L. Married on 05/08/2021

very memorable and personalized experience!

Ed was fantastic in all aspects! He worked closely with us to customize the soundtrack for our entire wedding-- prelude, processional, recessional, cocktail hour music, first dance, song dedication requests, dinner music etc. and even turned us on to some things we never considered. Our zoom meetings with him were one of the most fun parts of the wedding planning process! He is an extremely skilled arranger--my husband chose a very technically demanding piece, originally composed for guitar, and Ed made a wonderful violin rendition! Additionally he transformed a beautiful video game piece into something that you would expect to hear in any concert hall, for my processional song. Aside from his skills as a musician, Ed is also a fantastic communicator. From the day we booked him up until the day of our ceremony on 5/8/21 he was always in touch, kept to his deadlines and never had us concerned about his involvement in the wedding. He was always on top of things, proactive and very organized. Not only will Ed work well with you, but he is also a great team player with other vendors. Last but not least he was a giant hit with our guests and even with the venue's staff. We are so glad we booked him as he was integral to our wedding day being so special, memorable and seamless. He truly wants the couple to be happy on their special day and it shows!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Michelle, hi and hope all is well and you're enjoying 'married life' with you Adrian! In all honesty, I don't know 'how' to thank you enough for ALL your kind words in your review, so allow me to simply say that I LOVED working with you on all the details of your truly unique wedding, and for the opportunity of sharing it all with your friends and family! *and I'm still playing Streets Of Whiterun in my head, and seeing you come into that beautiful song was something I'll not forget!
    Again, THANK YOU for all the fond memories of our time together, (both via ZOOM and finally meeting you in person) and sincerely wishing you both a lifetime of love, health, happiness, and prosperity....you are indeed deserving of every bit of it!
    Your friend always, ED :)
    Jennifer J. Married on 04/11/2021

Ed is Amazing! You Should Hire Him

I wasn’t sure we needed a musician for or cocktail hour and ceremony. I was SO WRONG! Our wedding was meant to be on the beach, very laid-back, with few frills. But a family member encouraged us to speak with Ed, and I’m so glad! He brought a classy, beachy vibe to our wedding that made the event absolutely perfect. He met with my fiancé and I a couple of times virtually (we’re out of state) to get a feel for who we were as a couple, and he even made some amazing recommendations for songs that he could play. We had a silly request to include Disney’s “Lava” song, and he incorporated it into our stand ceremony. It was more beautiful and more perfect than I could’ve ever imagined. Despite a torrential downpour on the day of our wedding, it didn’t matter. The music helped us feel like we were still on the beach, and everyone had a fabulous time. I would recommend Ed to anyone! He’s your guy.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Hi Jennifer, and THANK YOU for all your kind words, and yes, I'm SO GLAD that you were 'SO WRONG' as it led me to getting to know you and Steve, and the opportunity to share in your most charming, and most lovely wedding! I LAVA'D IT, lol! (and thank you also for having me play your cocktail hour as I had a blast playing for all your kind, and fun, guests!)
    Again, thank for choosing me as your wedding musician. and sharing your special day with me, and please give a big volcano LAVA hug to your hubby from me! :)
    Emily Married on 04/03/2021

Amazing musician

Not only was he amazing on all of the instruments he played on, he helped us with so many things before and during ceremony. He helped us conduct our rehearsal and was willing to help us with last minutes changes. Would 100% recommend to anyone looking to add a little something special to their ceremony.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Emily, hi and hope you and Chris are enjoying 'married life' as much as I do! Thank you for your kind words and submitting a review to Wedding Wire for me, and allow me to say that it was an honor to have shared in your special day at Jupiter Lighthouse, and seeing your walk down the aisle to Sleeping At Last is a memory I'll treasure always. Thank you for your trust in choosing me as your wedding musician, and wishing you both ALL THE VERY BEST!
    Daniel G. Married on 03/14/2021

Ed was the perfect choice

Ed is very talented and can deliver on whatever it is your trying to do with your ceremony as well as your reception. Also an easy person to communicate with and work with.
    Tom Married on 01/23/2021

Great music vendor

Ed was fantastic and ended up being an integral part of our day. He was there early, VERY organized, and went above and beyond. We had a small wedding due to COVID and Ed was nice enough to accommodate our special request to play some Star Wars songs on the ukulele. I would recommend dealing with Ed as he was very professional, communicated well with us leading up to the event, and went above what was required to make sure our special event went well. The guests really enjoyed his non-Star Wars selections as well, setting the mood for a great day.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Hi Tom and hope you both are enjoying 'married life' as much as I do! Thank you for all your kind words, and please know full well that your Imperial March / Star Wars ukulele ceremony is 'way high' on my list of unusual weddings, and I LOVED every minute of it! Thank you for choosing me as your wedding musician, and wishing you both ALL THE VERY BEST!!!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin B. Married on 01/23/2021

Where do i begin?

My husband I recently got married on 1/23/21 in Boca Raton, Florida and all I can say is out of all my vendors, Ed was the best. The reason is for many but being a very detail oriented bride, Ed is exactly what you want! He helped us plan out every moment of the ceremony, and for me it is all about the details!! His talent of playing multiple instruments, taking the time to hand pick with us a different song for each walk during the ceremony, it was so extra and beautiful. All of my guests loved him playing for them at my cocktail hour while they sipped champagne and enjoyed food, he made it feel magical!!
    He answered all questions, coached us through what we didn't know, on time with everything, and made sure he was in touch with all of MY OTHER vendors to the point that they wanted to let me know "oh don't worry we have already been in contact with ED" As a bride this is what you want to hear, you have enough to deal with.
    Also a plus is he brings speakers, and microphones- most places do not tell you but they are not always included automatically with your venue so you will have to source this out- but why not hire someone as talented as Ed to have live music at your event and provides those things that you will already need! It is such an elegant and charming thing to add for your wedding ceremony. If you're considering to have someone for live music - Ed is your guy!!!!

Caitlin & Zachary

My Wedding Musician's reply:

OK...now it's MY turn to say "where do I begin"? (lol) I remember when we first met in person at your home before Covid came to discuss your ceremony details, and found both you and Zach such a warm and delightful couple and was so honored that you chose me for your BIG DAY! It took a while for it to finally happen after getting postponed, but when it finally came...WOW...it was sure worth the wait on my end! The setting at The Addison was perfect, your song choices were phenomenal, and everyone looked gorgeous...'especially' the bride. Thank you for all your kind words and providing such a fond memory for this 'old soul' and with all my heart wishing you both ALL THE VERY BEST for a lifetime of love and happines! :)
  • Yuliya
    Yuliya L. Married on 01/12/2021

Josh and Yuliya Wedding 1/12/2021

Ed is not only amazingly talented at playing his instruments, he is very personal, thoughtful and thorough. He put in a lot of time communicating with us, and our other vendors to make sure the ceremony and reception ran smoothly and just like we wanted it to be. He took his time with us when we were choosing the songs and it was obvious that Ed wanted our wedding to be perfect for us. Moreover, Ed is very kind, warm and welcoming. I definitely recommend him if looking for a musician for your wedding!!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Yuliya, hi and Thank You for all the kind words and for choosing me to share in your special day...and what a special day it was! :) Your wedding was proof that even with only 8 people in attendance, that's no reason not to treat it as if there were 800. From your gorgeous ceremony on the beach at Costa D'Este, to your reception with dancing, a bouquet toss, and speeches, I had SUCH a wonderful time enjoying your company and seeing it all come together so beautifully! Thank you again, and sincerely wishing you and Josh желаю вам всего самого наилучшего! (ALL THE BEST)
    Kenneth K. Married on 12/12/2020

Engaging, gregarious, thoughtful, experienced, humorous and simply the best!

We were looking for wedding musicians for a small, intimate December 2020 wedding, and I found Ed Horowitz and several others. I set out to do phone interviews, and Ed was the first, and the moment we connected in zoom, we knew we had found the right musician for our wedding, and cancelled other calls. Ed is attentive, gregarious, thorough, thoughtful, witty and an excellent planner, with a diverse repertoire and helped us find the perfect music from the processional to the brunch reception, and everything in between. Ed is a joy to work with and we connected instantly. Throughout the process, we met multiple times in zoom, and Ed engaged, and probed, and asked more questions - as he sought to get to know us, and understand what would make our day perfect. It was! Thank you Ed Horowitz!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Kenneth, hi and THANK YOU so much for submitting a review for me and all the kind words! WHAT an incredible wedding you had at the Marriott Hutchinson Island and from your heartfelt ceremony - to your wonderful (and fun!) reception, I enjoyed every minute of our time together via Zoom and finally meeting you both 'in person'! Thank you again for choosing me for your wedding, wishing you and Marianna ALL THE BEST, and please give her a hug from 'moi'! Miss you guys - ED
  • JT Stone
    Jt Stone Married on 09/04/2020

Ed is absolutely AMAZING!!

We found Ed in searching the internet for our destination wedding on 9/4/2020, and thank the lord we did! Ed was absolutely amazing! He was very responsive and helpful in picking what songs we wanted played during our ceremony, and was very attentive to details. Since we live in Ohio, and he's in Florida, we were able to have multiple video calls with him where he played all of the songs we wanted to include, as well as played other songs for other parts of the ceremony that we weren't sure what songs we needed. He made the planning process absolutely stress free, as he handled all of the ceremony details from seating arrangements, timing, songs, and cuing our wedding planner for when to start our bridal party down the aisle. Ed is a 10/10 and an absolute amazing musician! Thank you so much Ed!!!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

JT! Ity is I that would like to thank YOU for all the many kind words, choosing me as your wedding musician, and submitted this lovely review for me! It was an absolute pleasure working with the both of you as well, and to have finally met you and Lauren as well! Thank you again for the beautiful memory of our time together, and wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Jlequitaj
    Nikki J. Married on 08/08/2020

Mrs Nikki Jono

I enjoyed working with Mr Ed he was very helpful very professional and fun to work with I highly recommend him to the fullest to anyone. He will make sure your wedding will run beautifully.

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Nikki and Nariah, thank you for your kind words, and I too had a lot of fun working with you on all the details, conducting your rehearsal, playing for the ceremony and cocktail hour...and MC'ing for your grand entrance as well! Thank you for bringing me up to Savannah, and it was a wonderful vacation for me and my wife, in addition to your wedding! Please give everyone my very best, 'especially' the bride and groom!
    Carlos Z. Married on 07/20/2020

Amazing service!

Ed was amazing! my wedding was small and cuzy, and Ed made the atmosphere really really nice! Also, he was really detail oriented to what my wife wanted and that help a lot!
    100% Recommended

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Hey Carlos! Thank you for the reviewing me and all your kind words...and it was a PLEASURE being a part of your special day! ALL THE BEST, Ed
    Bobbie Married on 04/05/2020

The most incredible musician you could ever find!!

We absolutely love Ed! Our experience with Ed started with a you tube search looking for an Italian mandolin player, however, to our delight, turned into so much more! We then found him on weddingnwire and read his reviews and decided to reach out. We met with Ed the first time almost a year ago when we were planning our wedding. He arrived at our home with four instruments. Mandolin, violin, guitar and ukulele! He played for us for quite some time and helped us come up with music for everyone's taste. Ed is self taught and an absolute amazing musician as well as a great person. Ed is not just a musician! He completely organized and conducted our reception as well as planned out our ceremony processional and ressecional! Ed even made name tags for all our first row guests of honor as well! He also organized the grand entrance for us and our entire wedding party into the reception! He does not simply play great music, he is the complete package! He played for our ceremony and reception and also coordinated with our bagpiper to play together for certain songs as well as worked together with our officient and the venue to be sure everything was absolutely perfect! Then the pandemic hit and everything had to be put on hold. He was honest with our deposit and assured us that he would be here for us when we were able to reschedule. Ed went above and beyond and reworked the entire event again when we rescheduled at no extra cost. He came again and met with us and played and organized everything all over again. We now feel he is part of our family! You would be challenged to find such a wonderful musician, organized planner and fantastic individual as we have found in Ed Horowitz! We give him 100 stars not just 5

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Wow Bobbie, Thank You SO Much for taking the time to write such a 'glowing' review... am truly humbled and appreciative! :) As I said during your reception when it came my time to say a little something, I meant every word I said about my first time meeting you and Mike...it's true...you too felt immediately like family and it seemed even 'more so' each time we got together. It was truly an honor for me to have shared your special day, and to finally see it come together so beautifully! ( for those reading this, Bobbie also had a bagpiper play during the ceremony with me, as well as lots of Italian music for the reception - what a unique wedding!)
    Thank you for choosing me as your wedding musician, and I just know I'll be seeing you and your lovely family again sometime in the future. In the meantime, stay well, give Mike a big hug from 'moi', and wishing you both ALL THE VERY BEST!
    Megan K. Married on 03/14/2020

Professional, talented, courteous, and a pleasure to work with!

Ed is not only a fantastic musician, but a fantastic person. He made wedding planning so enjoyable. He was easy to talk to, thorough with his questions and planning, and went above and beyond anything we expected. We had 4 different instruments played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. His talent is superb and is ability to incorporate the little details made all the difference on our wedding day. Our guests loved being serenaded by Ed! Thank you Ed for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Megan, hi and THANK YOU SO MUCH for your kind words and taking a moment to review me! I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed working with you and Amy and seeing it come together so beautifully at the Davie Old Schoolhouse! (and just in the nick of time right?) Please take good care of each other and yourselves and here's hoping our paths will cross again someday soon! ALL THE BEST, ED
    Donna W. Married on 02/15/2020

Could not be more pleased!

I can't say enough great things about Ed! He was such a pleasure to work with and im so greatful we found him! He came to our home to play for us and we hired him right away. He was so meticulous with every detail. Not only did he play for our ceremony and cocktail hour but he coordinated our entire ceremony! He switched from violin to guitar during our ceremony and it was everything I wanted. We got to pick all our own songs and he played them beautifully! He helped with our rehearsal and im so thankful because he was so thorough and the day of everyone knew what they were doing. I highly recommend using Ed!

My Wedding Musician's reply:

Donna, hi and hope all is well for you and Nick and you're enjoying 'married life'! THANK YOU for all your wonderful words and recommendation, and believe me, it is I who is thankful you chose me to share in your special day...I LOVED IT! Stay well, take good care, and wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness! ALL THE VERY BEST, ED