ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION} Reviews

104 | Temple City, CA

104 Reviews for ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION}

Bonnesa · Married on 04/14/2012

Elaine and her team did an AMAZING job on the makeup and hair for all my bridesmaids, my mother, and myself. They arrived promptly on time and were professional. I definitely recommend her to other brides. If i had questions, she would respond by phone and email right away or even the same day. She listened to all the girls suggestions on how they would like their hair and makeup. I did a lot of research on hair and makeup artists, and elaine definitely has a fantastic deal on hair/makeup for great value. She also leaves you with a touch up package. And most importantly, everyone loved the makeup which did not feel heavy at all:).

Sent on 05/19/2012
  • Silvia

Silvia · Married on 02/20/2011

I've recommended at least 6 brides to Elaine in the past. I just love her work and her price is pretty competitive. She charge $120/wkday and $160/wkend for hair and makeup trial. She was the second person I contacted right after we set the wedding date and luckily she was available that day. I don't personally wear makeup all that much, I just don't have time so I did not know what to expect when I did my trial with Elaine. But I love the way my trial went and right after that, I booked her for my wedding day.
    On wedding day: Elaine came on time in the morning and got started on my makeup which had taken a bit longer than expected. But my makeup and hair turned out great and natural, I love it so much! I had booked Elaine for practically the whole day and she was so great and accommodating to my requests. She traveled to my venues so I do not have to worry about having to go to her to retouch my makeup. It was one less thing to worry about that day. Check out my makeup at wedding.media38.com.

Sent on 04/01/2011

Ann · Married on 09/01/2010

I chose the hair & makeup package for my self (which also included a trial session with 2 hairdos) and 4 bridesmaids. I was very happy with how everything turned out. I thought Elaine was very responsive to my requests (which was natural with still a wow factor) and even changed my hair a few days before the wedding. She also didn't charge extra for the trial session (some MU artists do if you take your engagement shoot right after). I felt gorgeous the day of my wedding, and didn't really even have to apply any touch-ups. I also love how she lent out my veil, hairpieces, and a touch-up kit so I didn't have to worry about that. I would definitely recommend Elaine, whose price is comparative to some of the other major Asian artists in the area (Kelly Zhang etc).

Sent on 09/20/2010

Michelle · Married on 07/18/2010

Elaine did my hair and makeup for my wedding recently. I had a trial (makeup only) session with her, then later I also had her do my hair and makeup for an engagement photo session. Elaine noticed dryness in my skin, so she made recommendations on how to avoid the dryness so that the makeup would stay on better.

For my wedding, she also did my sister's hair and makeup, and my mom's makeup. She arrived at the venue on time (unlike me) and had loads of supplies and tools with her for any need. I showed her a picture of my desired hairstyle, because I wanted a slight change from what she'd done before, and she was able to get the hair done perfectly. I also wanted to change the lipstick color slightly and asked for her advice, and that also came out just right. What I like about Elaine is that she can create a very natural look that's also very flattering. This is key for me, since I never wear makeup and didn't want something heavy that wouldn't fit me. Also, I notice that sometimes brides have such heavy layering of makeup that it cakes up and creases, but Elaine's makeup had a light touch with just the right amount of coverage and never caked up or creased.

She also left me a touchup kit, which I used at one point to powder my face and refresh the cheek color. She also lent me a veil and a decorated headband.

My mother-in-law loved Elaine's work so much that she wanted our photographer to take a close-up of me so that she could ask the makeup artist at the location for our second reception to do the same thing for me.

My family and I were so pleased with Elaine's work, plus she's really nice and easy to work with, which are so important when you're already under wedding planning stress! Many of our guests said I looked amazing and like a movie star at the wedding. I had no problems with the makeup looking fresh (the only time I had to touch it up was when I got slightly sweaty from taking pictures outdoors, and then all I had to do was add some powder and a little blush). My hair looked great all day and night too, and people kept asking where I got my hair done.

Checks are accepted, but not credit cards.

Sent on 03/30/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/18/2010

Sent on 03/30/2011

Carolyn · Married on 08/16/2009

Elaine and her team were very professional. they showed up on time at the hotel and we were done promply. Elaine did a great job on my makeup and it lasted the whole day ( from church all the way the the reception). her team also did a great job on my mother, sisters and on my mother-in-law and sister-in -law.
    I would recommmend elaine to all of my friends.

Sent on 10/18/2009

Vivian · Married on 10/11/2008

I hired Elaine Chou for bridal make-up and hair for myself, my bridesmaids and my mother. I was very happy with the way that my make-up and hair turned out and my make-up looked very natural in the pictures. I don�t wear make-up normally so I was concerned that I wouldn�t look like myself in the photos but everything turned out great. The make-up and hair lasted through the whole day. I was an out of town bride and had to reschedule my hair/make-up trial and Elaine was very accommodating. Elaine and her team were also very professional and punctual. On the day of the wedding, I was on a tight schedule and I was concerned that they would be late because Elaine had another wedding earlier that morning. But she assured me that she would be on time and she was actually even early! Overall, I had a great experience with Elaine and I would recommend her to other brides.

Sent on 08/30/2009

Christine · Married on 09/20/2008

Elaine and her team were very professional. They showed up 10 minutes before I was expecting them and did my makeup and hair as well as my mother's and my husband's mother's. All of it turned out great; you can show her a picture and she can do exactly what you want (which is what I did at my trial run) or you can just describe what you want and she can create that as well (which is what my mom and my mother in law did). I would highly recommend hiring Elaine for hair and makeup.

Sent on 04/23/2009
  • User3175417 · event on: 04/02/2013

I hired Elaine to do makeup for my professional head shots and am super happy about results. I'm not usually one for a lot of heavy makeup and let her know that I wanted something more natural but would leave an impression. She arrived on time and was sensitive to my requests. The first I noticed was her keen attention to detail. She looked at my face like a one-of-a-kind canvas and was selective in the areas that needed detailing such as my eyes (I have larger eyes and her handiwork with eyeliner made them standout even more) and lips (made them look plump and lovely). Total time was around 45 minutes and the photos I eventually took turned out great. She even took some before and after photos and emailed them that day. Would recommend her to those who want a professional and quality makeup job. Thanks Elaine!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/12/2008

I have heard about Elaine through recommendation from friends and heard so many good things about her that we decided to book her for my sis-in-law's wedding. By looking at her website, I also noticed that she is very proficient in Asian makeup and that her makeup was done subtlety but yet defines their features so well.

Elaine did a wonderful job for my sister-in-law wedding and Elaine did a very good job in covering up her post acne scars. Elaine took extra care and time to even out her complexion and the result was remarkable and flawless. The makeup stayed whole day until the wedding ended. She also makes my sister-in-law's eyelashes super long. However, there is a need to touch up during the wedding but it's just the lip color and the powder.

Elaine is also very good in hairstyling, she was very fast and the hair stays put throughout the wedding too. Elaine uses high quality products for hair and makeup and she also advises her brides before the wedding to take care of their skin. However, Elaine is very polite and not pushy at all. She gives honest opinion about what hairstyle and makeup that works best for you. I think it is good to go in and have a trial session with her before the real wedding. The best thing is she lends the bridal veil for us for free.

We were all very pleased with the makeup, especially my brother! I highly recommend Elaine to everyone.

Sent on 03/18/2009

Vanessa · Married on 12/31/2011

My friend recommended me to Elaine and I looked at her website and loved the before&after photos so I had no hesitation to book her for my wedding. I did the trail and got my before&after photo right away and my sisters (bridesmaids) and mother all loved it. On the wedding day, Elaine did a super job for my hair and make-up. I love the way that I could put down the hair extension after I take off my veil for the evening look. My Mom, sisters (bridesmaids) all loved mine and their make-up. Elaine seems very experience in doing wedding make-up and hair and her team did everything on time. The make-up and hair lasted the whole day till night, without too heavy hair-spray. Elaine did make me look my very BEST for my important day of my life!

Sent on 01/20/2012
  • O

Tracy · Married on 10/22/2011

Elaine was very professional and did a terrific job on me (the bride) for both the trial session and on the wedding day. I was very happy with her work. Her team also did a great job on the bridesmaids and mothers!

Sent on 11/04/2011

Helen · Married on 02/26/2011

I didn't have much inspiration for overall hair & makeup. I just trusted Elaine's eye. She really makes your features shine so you look naturally your best. Thanks Elaine!

Sent on 04/27/2011

A. · Married on 02/26/2011

Elaine was awesome! She did a wonderful wonderful job with my hair and make up as well as my bridesmaids. I will definitely ask her to do my hair and makeup for my sister's wedding. The products she used on my face do not make me itch like some of the other vendors I've tried. She started at 3:00pm and the make up lasted all night until the end of the event! Elaine provided a touch-up kit as well. She also loaned me some of her hair accessories such as head band and a veil so I didn't have to purchase any accessories +++ She was on time, even though I was not. She was very friendly and understandable about that. Elaine was very professional and very sweat. I would totally recommend her.

Sent on 07/22/2011

Ting · Married on 07/23/2010

My overall experience is pretty good. Elaine did a great job for my bridal makeup. However, I have only 2 complaints: 1. there isn't a studio/commercial location for her service/company. You will have your makeup trial at the garage of her home. (to me, that's not professional) 2. Only Elaine in her team is really good at makeup and hair service, other artists in the team might not qualify. Some of my bridesmaids and my sister-in-laws were not satisfied with the makeup and hair styles/qualities provided by her team members. So make sure that you don't count on her team members! You can only count on Elaine! But you don't get to choose other option when you have a big bridal party that needs makeup and hair service.
    The bottom line is that I would recommend ECHOU MAKEUP to everyone. Elaine herself is very professional and provides high quality of service.

Sent on 04/13/2011

Naomi · Married on 10/03/2009

Elaine is amazing! She did my sister's wedding the year before a couple of friends so I knew she did great quality work. The most important thing for me was to look great on my wedding day and she helped me accomplish it. I LOVED my hair and make up. Elaine was on time and very professional. I had Elaine work on my hair and make up as well as my sister's make up. Her friend, Michelle (?) does an amazing job with hair. My sisters and Mother all looked great! The reason I gave her a 4 on quality of service was I didn't like the make up done by the other make up artist she brought. The eyebrows didn't look natural on my sister and Mom and needed to get fixed by Elaine. Also, I think the overall value for Elaine was totally worth it for me because I was guaranteed to look good, but I do think it's on the higher end. Overall I would still totally recommend her for any bride.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Cat · Married on 09/09/2007

Elaine did an amazing job on my hair & makeup. I brought her pictures of hairstyles I had in mind & she really outdid herself. I couldn't have been happier! I had an outdoor wedding, a few dress changes, and an elaborate first dance. My hair & makeup held up wonderfully! Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/18/2008

I got my hair and makeup done by Elaine for wedding and engagement.
    It was very pleased, Elaine did an excellent job make me look natural and beauty on my special day :))
    Everybody said I looked amazing!!
    Elaine turned me into a princess :))
    She was patient, friendly, sweet and professional. I was very happy and highly recommended.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Natalia · Married on 09/14/2008

I found Elaine at my best friend's wedding. She was the make up artist. She did a wonderful job at her wedding!
    So at that time I knew that I want her to be my make up artist on my wedding day.
    She is incredibly talented. I was very happy with her service on the day of my wedding.
    I would highly recommend Elaine to everyone

Sent on 03/19/2009

Lorna · Married on 11/04/2007

3.5

I found Elaine by browsing online. What sold me were her before and after shots. She was able to make each bride look flawless without being too dramatic. I wanted a very natural look for my makeup, which she able to accomplish. I just looked like a very polished version of myself. She spent 2.5 hours during the trial to figure out my hair and make-up. We tried 2 different hairstyles when I didn't like the original style. She arrived at the site on-time with her assistant and got everyone done in a timely manner. My sister-in-law has fine blond hair, and they were able to curl it and keep it curly the entire day! And my sister has thick black hair, and also kept her hair curly all day. She also lent me a veil and hair pins for myself and my bridesmaids, which saved me at least $100+. Although she specializes in Asian women, her photo gallery includes women of other races as well.

Sent on 07/12/2008

Elaine and her make up team did a great job and provided a good service. Hair and make up were done in time. I also used the flower service with Elaine. The florist did a wonderful job. It was raining during my wedding but they did everything they can, got everything done in time. Some of the boutonnieres for were huge, didn't exactly come out as i thought it would be but everything else was great.

Sent on 01/30/2013

J · Married on 10/10/2010

Elaine has done an absolute wonderful job for the makeup on my wedding day! She is both professional and efficient and has a great attitude and work ethic! Friends all say I looked stunning on the day! Thumbs up to her!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Ellie · Married on 05/02/2009

Elaine and her staff were great. Her prices were reasonable, and she even let me borrow accessories for the wedding. They all arrived promptly at the hotel, and went to work. My bridesmaid looked gorgeous, and both my mother and mother-in-law looked great too. My make-up even stayed on the whole night, even after crying at the ceremony. =)

Sent on 05/14/2009

Stacey · Married on 10/20/2012

4.2

Elaine is great. She is nice and friendly, I really like her makeup and the hairstyles that she did for me on my wedding. I would recommend her to a friend.

Sent on 11/21/2012

Lek · Married on 09/25/2010

4.2

Elaine did both my makeup and hair for the wedding, and I couldn't be more pleased! She has been making brides beautiful for years, and based on her extensive experience, she gave useful tips and suggestions during the consultation/trial. I tried another artist twice and was really disappointed. Then I went to Elaine, and I knew I had to book her. My makeup stay put over the 12-hour span, and I cried during the ceremony and the reception. It was major waterworks! She showed up early to our appointment, and I was the first one to be ready. I highly recommend Elaine if you're looking for a beauty artist for your wedding.

I give her 4 stars only because my sisters did not like their hair by Nicole (Elaine's assistant), but they were happy with the makeup.

Sent on 10/12/2010