ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION} Reviews

103 | Arcadia, CA

103 Reviews for ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION}

103 ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION} Reviews

Sherry · Married on 08/08/2015

Elaine is seriously the best bridal makeup and hairstylist out there! She worked so hard to perfect the look I wanted for my wedding.

After showing her some photos of the look I wanted, she was able to tailor it for me during our trial. On my big day, she worked endlessly on my makeup and hair, transforming me into such a radiant bride. I was going for a romantic bridal look, and she was able to achieve it so swiftly. I loved that she could make me look amazing without caking it on.

Moreover, Elaine’s work ethic as a makeup artist is incomparable, because she genuinely cares so much about making you look perfect on your big day. I am very happy with Elaine and I highly recommend her services to everyone who is looking for a skilled, knowledgeable, tasteful makeup/hair stylist with a sharp eye for beauty!

Echou Makeup was one of the makeup vendors our wedding planner recommended to us. I wanted a natural, dewy, yet elegant & sophisticate look. Elaine & her team were able to deliver this & more! They came to my mother's house on time & were ready to bedazzle the whole bridal party. I especially loved Elaine's make-up trial-not only did I have an idea of how I would look on our special day, but she also glammed me up for our Engagement photo session. Thank you Elaine & your team for making me & my bridal party look like Asian celebrities on my special day! Because of your special touch, our pictures turned out beautifully!

Shirley · Married on 09/13/2014

I hired Elaine for my both my wedding and engagement session. I was very happy with the outcome. She did an amazing job. Elaine is very artistic and a perfectionist. She makes sure your hair and makeup was perfect and to your liking. She is very patient and her timing of hair and makeup is superb. Her team Tina (makeup artist) and Michelle (hair) did an amazing job with my bridesmaids. They all looked beautiful and their makeup and hair lasted all day. I would definitely recommend Elaine and her team for anyone who needs their service.

Joy · Married on 01/03/2014

I had the wonderful privilege of working with Elaine this year for my January wedding. She is absolutely THE BEST hair and makeup professional around. I am extremely picky when it comes to who touches my hair and face. It is so rare to find individuals who are skilled to work on Asian faces (with single eyelids) without making them look completely scary and unnatural. My hair is also so pin straight that it doesn't do anything except...well...hang straight and low. I couldn't believe how extremely talented Elaine was in overcoming my awesome "Asian quirks."

TRIAL: I highly recommend doing a trial before your wedding day! It took quite a few hours, but it was totally worth it. Elaine showed me two different updos and makeup styles that I both LOVED. I ended up choosing them both- one for the wedding day, and the other for our second reception. She was very attentive to my preferences, and versatile in accommodating them. It was also so much fun getting to know her in the process. She is one of the sweetest persons you'll ever meet!

WEDDING DAY: Elaine's very talented team worked on my bridesmaids and moms.They were able to take everyone's vision, and turn them into a beautiful reality. Meanwhile, Elaine was very calm and patient while working on me. Growing up, my dad always joked about grooms who jump out the window the next morning because he couldn't recognize his bride without all her makeup on. You will never have to worry about that with Elaine. She was able to transform me into a beautiful and elegant bride without "masking" who I was. Everyone ended up looking GORGEOUS! Our makeup stayed all through the day (pictures in the hot sun) and into the night (tons of dancing!). Elaine and her team's professionalism and skill is unparalleled. I'm so glad that they were a part of our wedding day!

• F

Francine · Married on 07/06/2013

Although I don't have much experience with hair/make-up artists, I have to say I have no regrets choosing Elaine and her team (Jessie)!! They were friendly, flexible and professional! They were willing to wake-up and drive 40+ miles on my wedding day and they were efficient and meticulous! I would recommend Elaine and her team to anyone who is looking for quality work!!

• W

Winnie · Married on 05/26/2013

Elaine did my makeup for my engagement photo and on my wedding day May of this year. She is a very sweet person and her make up skill is so professional. I'm a person who doesn't like heavy make up, and Elaine was able to do my make up in a very very natural way but still look like wedding make up, which I absolutely need to praise her for that. Her team also did my bridesmaids and my mom's make up and they all loved it. Her team is very professional and they made us look so pretty. We also got a lot of compliments for our hair styles too!

So thank you Elaine and her team, you all made my BIG DAY a beautiful and memorable day in my life.

Very professional, extremely detail, on time, accommodating, know what she is doing, most importantly you will have a peace of mind that make up will be perfect!!!! I cried when she finished mine on my wedding day, I never looked so beautiful and my scars and pimples were all covered, makeup was very natural and smooth.

Oh, she also listens to client's preference. You can rest assure that you will be the most beautiful bride if she does your makeup. Even casual makeup by her will turn out perfect on pictures, and very natural.

I tried on many makeup artists, and I am not from the area, it took me quite some time to find her, and it's all worth it.

Christine · Married on 04/27/2013

Elaine did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for the wedding day (and during the trial). Her team also did a great job with hair and makeup for our moms and the bridal party. My makeup looked flawless and I received numerous comments. The makeup stayed on all day. Elaine was also able to do an early evening touch up for me. Elaine is very friendly and has great suggestions and can work well with different complexions/hair. I will definitely recommend Elaine to my family and friends! Thank you again so much!

• Annie

Annie · Married on 03/30/2013

Elaine is so freakin amazing!!! And I must say, I looked super stunning during my trial and wedding day!!! I reached out to Elaine late in the game and requested her assistance 2 months prior to my wedding date. She was already pretty booked up that day but was very willing to help me without any hesitations! She comes from an extensive background and her portfolio says it all. She is extremely accommodating, flexible, and makes every effort to cater to you!!! I had a great time working with her and would reach out to her again when the occasion rises. She always responds quickly and is just a true delight to work with.

It was such a pleasure to work with Elaine and her makeup team. I had a huge group of 8 bridesmaids that needed both hair and makeup done. Everybody arrived on time and my bridal party all looked beautiful for my big day. As far as my own makeup, Elaine did a wonderful job and I got so many compliments. She made me feel confident walking down that aisle and I barely had to touch up at all throughout the whole night! Elaine really knows her stuff!

Elaine was a pleasure to work with. We went with Elaine (Echou Makeup for hair/makeup, flower) and Terry (Inlight Lighting - lighting and decoration, flower) and they made the planning process so much easier. Elaine helped with not just great make up and hair but also with coming up with the coloring pallette and concept of the whole production along with Terry. Her willingness to go beyond her specific area of service for hair and makeup by assisting us with the designing and providing useful comments, suggestions, and critique isn't something that can easily be found in other vendors. Trial hair and makeup went without a hitch and she was on time for every meeting. She showed up at crack of dawn on the day of and worked so hard to make all the ladies happy with their hair and makeup for hours. She is reliable, provides great service and good company. She along with Terry also provides reliable qualify references! Thanks Elaine!

ginger · Married on 11/02/2012

Elaine was terrific -- even prior to the wedding, she was willing to demonstrate three different hairstyles on me during our trial, which definitely was above and beyond what I was expecting. On the day of the wedding, Elaine made sure that everything was to my liking and was very attentive to my wishes. I loved working with her and never had to worry about what I was going to look like. She is very friendly and easy to get along with. I definitely recommend her work!

Awesome service. Thanks so much for making my our wedding special.

Theresa · Married on 09/29/2012

I have tried 3 different makeup artists, Elaine is the best! Elaine and her team are amazing! They used quality products. It feels good on my sensitive skin. They arrived on time and did a great job transforming all the ladies into beauties. I prefer the natural look. So, I still looked like myself, but just "prettier"... :-) My mom is a very picky person. And she was very happy with her Makeup & hair. Elaine has a great selection of hair accessories and earrings that we could borrow. That certainly saved me $$. I will certainly hire Elaine again when I attend special event in the future.

ELIZABETH · Married on 08/18/2012

Elaine and her team did an excellent job for my wedding and I was EXTREMELY happy with how my hair and makeup turned out. My hair and makeup looked great all day even though my wedding ceremony was held outside on a very hot day. My bridesmaids and my mom also all looked VERY beautiful!

elaine and her team were great! thanks again!

V · Married on 08/11/2012

My photographer recommended Elaine to me and I always trusted his input, so I was really looking forward to working with Elaine, but she was booked =( Luckily, her team was available, and so Lois and Jessie did my hair and makeup. (I may have confused them, but I think Lois did makeup and Jessie does hair.) They were wonderful!!! I'm SOOO glad I used them.

I was incredibly happy and pleased with the way my bridal party and I turned out! I honestly did not know what to expect because I had not especially liked my trial, which was the makeup used for my engagement photos. On photos, it looked pretty nice, but not me, and in person, the makeup was thick and just too much going on. So I was a little nervous on how I would look on my wedding day.

Thankfully, Lois understood exactly what I wanted, and she did the most amazing job! My bridesmaids looked just lovely. With the airbrushing, the makeup wasn't cakey or heavy or anything I had worried about from my first trial. I would honestly go back every day to get my makeup done from her, if I could.

Jessie is a great hairstylist. I deviated from my trial hairstyle the morning of, and she rolled with it and came up with an incredibly simple yet stylish hairdo on the spot. I seriously woke up that morning with no idea how to do my hair or makeup, but when I walked out of my room after hair and makeup, I felt like a true princess.

I would recommend Elaine and her team to anyone. They are so easy to work with, responsive, and listen to your preferences.

Christine · Married on 07/28/2012

I was very satisfied with my hair and makeup for my wedding. The team finished on time and did a very good job with everybody's makeup. I had 11 people get their makeup done, which is a daunting task. But ECHOU pulled thru and was ON TIME. My makeup and hair stayed on the entire day without any touch up! Amazing job.

Karing · Married on 07/14/2012

Elaine and her team did a great job. I loved what she did to my eyes. Everyone on the bridal party was happy. Received tons of compliments from guest. Will definitely recommend.

• I

Irene · Married on 06/26/2012

I just got married in the past Saturday ! And Elaine - She did such an awesome job of making me into such a beautiful bride ! The makeup looked so natural and with the photo of the hair style that I told her during my trial make up, she has exceeded my expectation in every possible aspect ! I have received so many compliments on my make up and hair style ! And I looked like me ! Her team member, Nicole, also did such a marvelous job on my 2 daughters ! Both of them arrived on time at the hotel and completed the job on schedule ! Thank you Elaine ! You have helped make the most important day of my life so memorable and beautiful !! :) I have no hesitation at all to recommend her to any brides !

• Rowena

Rowena · Married on 05/06/2012

Perfect hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids, and my mothers! I also accidentally trimmed my hair too short the week before my wedding and nearly had a fit! I emailed Elaine with some pictures, and she was so reassuring that she'll still be able to make my hair look perfect! Everything looked like my trial run, but even BETTER! Her airbrush skills are pristine, making my skin look flawless and glowing! She was able to do my hair so that I can partially let it down during the reception, something that I just requested on the wedding day. I love her work so much that I'm going to her for any other special event I have.

lily · Married on 05/05/2012

Great Service, really nice people, love it so much....
    definitely will recommend

• F

Fonny · Married on 03/18/2012

Elaine is really nice person and very professional, she's great.
    I love her work, the make up is very soft and look so pretty.
    Highly recommended, She has a good price especially with the package price.

Lily · Married on 03/16/2012

Elaine's makeup and hair team did such a great job on me, my bridesmaids, and my mom on my wedding day. Many people told me that I looked great on my wedding day, and were surprised that I still managed to look like my natural self with all the makeup! I owe this to Elaine's superior skill and adroit hands in applying makeup, and her keen understanding on what I wanted for my look. I am lucky to have made the right choice on my makeup artist and highly recommend her for any future asian brides!

Charisse · Married on 12/31/2011

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Elaine and her staff! They were friendly, professional, and AMAZING from start to finish. Communication was quick and easy every time, making logistics and details easy to coordinate. They were prompt and efficient the day of our wedding, keeping things stress-free and on schedule. Prices are fair, and their work is FLAWLESS. My bridal party loved their makeup, received lots of compliments from guests, and looked beautiful in photos!