East End Events Catering Reviews

45 Reviews for East End Events Catering

45 East End Events Catering Reviews
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing company and couple!

East End Events catered my wedding last month and I cannot say enough good things about them! Anyone who has planned a wedding knows how stressful and overwhelming It can be but I never once worried about the food for my wedding. Chris and Joanne were amazing to work with and are extremely patient and accommodating. They are just as invested in the outcome of the wedding as you are as a couple. If you have a question or concern they are right on top of It and answer you almost immediately. To say the food itself is delicious is an understatement. Guests loved the raw bar and the trilogy dinner plating. Where else can you have all three meal options instead of choosing one?! They have a great selection of hors d’oeuvres and entrees and are flexible to guest’s allergies or food preferences. Tina was my maitre d and she was phenomenal as well. This whole company strives to make the vision of your wedding day come to life. Chris came to the rescue in a major way. When my liquor was delivered (from an outside company) the tequila was missing from the order. He saved the day by running to a local liquor store and got what I had wanted. East End Events goes above and beyond and I would recommend them to everyone!

Melinda · Married on 09/29/2018

East End Events catered our daughter’s wedding last weekend and everyone raved about the food! Chris and Joanne created a spectacular array of hors d’oeuvres and food stations and Jane, our maitre d’, pulled it all together beautifully. (Jane also hung the escort cards, arranged the votives, fluffed the bride’s train, cued the band, reminded everybody to eat breakfast early in the morning and kept us calm all evening and in the weeks before.)
    From start to finish, East End Events was a pleasure to deal with, incredibly accommodating and far more reasonably priced than other local caterers we consulted. (Most Hamptons caterers require clients to rent all the cooking equipment they need for an event, adding thousands of dollars to the bill. East End Events brings all of that, as well as decorative items like wine barrels, lanterns and rustic trays, for no extra charge.) And again, the food was incredible. We recommend them highly.

Lauren Greco · Married on 09/22/2018

truly amazing people who make you feel like family!

I cannot rave enough about Chris, Joanne and East End Catering! We got married on 9/22/18 at Duckwalk Vineyard, and Chris, Joanne & the East End Catering staff truly EXCEEDED our expectations! From the moment we met Chris, we knew we were in the best possible hands. He is honest, sincere and passionate about his job! We first met Chris during a spontaneous trip to Duckwalk, as it was our top venue choice. Despite not having an appointment, he dropped everything and came running over to us, and ended up spending the rest of the day with us! He wouldn't let us commit to Duckwalk without seeing other vineyards, so he personally drove us to 2 other vineyards before letting us make our decision. He then invited us back to his restaurant (CJ's American Bar & Grill) to try some of their appetizers. We immediately felt at ease, and knew we weren't "just a number", like some other venues had made us feel. On multiple occasions, we ran into Chris while his staff was setting up an event, and he would immediately run over to us and say hello. His staff is professional, efficient and truly care about what they do. One thing I loved about working with Chris & Joanne is how calm they made us feel throughout this process. Joanne is SO organized, and responds very quickly and appropriately via email. She is an ABSOLUTE sweetheart, and made us feel so special every time we met! They provided us with amazing contacts, but never pushed anything onto us! Being that we had over 2 hours between our church and cocktail hour, we had a more complicated itinerary than most. They helped ease our anxiety and reached out to their personal contacts on our behalf to set up an interim "wine tasting" at another vineyard, and took it upon themselves to ensure that it ran smoothly! It's been a month since our wedding, and we are still getting compliments on how amazing the food was! My guests RAVED about the raw bar! The entrée trilogy was such a hit, and guests LOVED how they received 3 different items instead of having to pick only one, unlike most other venues. The only complaint that I heard from people is that they were too full from all of the food! Chris, Joanne and their staff have treated us like family from the moment we met them. They truly go above and beyond for their clients. We can honestly say that our favorite part of wedding planning was going to the restaurant for meetings and hanging out with Chris & Joanne! You are in the absolute best hands with East End Catering!

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2018

I cant say enough great things about working with East End Events. From the day we met Chris, his high energy roped us in and it was an overall great experience. Chris and Joanne were flexible, accommodating and super responsive. Everyone raved about how great the food was, I only wish I got to eat more of it!
    Tina, was our coordinator from east end and she is literally an angel on earth. She was so friendly, knowledgeable, and organized, and the way she set everything up- i mean it just looked amazing. She made sure everything was where it needed to be, when it needed to be and I cant thank her enough- Tina if you're reading this, we are a little obsessed with you. The bartenders were awesome, fast and would see you coming and make your drink before you even got to the bar! I didn't even see the servers throughout the night, yet everything was served perfectly, that is how quick and efficient they were. Everything really was amazing and my husband and i cant thank everyone involved enough for making our wedding the best night ever.
    Eternally grateful, Dave & Danielle

Phil · Married on 09/08/2018

It is impossible to express in words how grateful we are to the East End Events catering team for the outstanding service my family and friends were afforded at our daughter's wedding. The excellent experience began the first day we met with Chris and Joanne all through the tastings and wrapped up with a spectacular crew at the event led by Tina who by the way is one class act.

I can say without any question that the food was the best I have ever had at any catering event. In fact the quality and preparedness of the food was of the level of fine dining. I have no idea how that was even possible for 200 guests but Brian and his team of chefs are top notch.

Anthony and his team of bar tenders are of the finest I have ever had the pleasure of working with. All the cocktails were made expertly and as expeditiously as one could hope for. The rain did not hinder their operation in the least at the outside bar during the cocktail hour it was very impressive.

I also can’t say enough about the servers who moved through the crowds like ninjas, never in anyones way but always there when needed. The food was delivered hot and and perfectly plated without any exception. I heard nothing but complements regarding the catering from my friends and family.

Courtney · Married on 09/08/2018

Chris and Joanne are amazing!! They were instrumental in helping us create the wedding of our dreams. They go above and beyond just catering. They helped us with day of details, decor, and all aspects of the planning. The food is spectacular and all of our guests raved. Their staff is also top notch and made our day go off without a hitch. We can not recommend them enough!!

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2018

We are THRILLED with the experience and food that Chris and Joanne provided us at our wedding. While we were looking at venues in the North Fork in Long Island - they were highly recommended by several venues - so we felt like we couldn't go wrong. We were not disappointed! From the start, Chef Chris was enthusiastic about our event and wanted to make sure we had all of the best things he had to offer. We had two tastings (one with just me and my husband and one with our mothers) and both him and Joanne were so helpful and patient in letting us select the food that would work for us! Outside of service, the food was fantastic and there were plenty of options. We had a lot of flexibility in finding fun ways to make our wedding special with the food selection (welcome drinks, late night, donut wall) and were able to use servingware from them as well. They made it easy and the whole staff was a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend Chris and Joanne for your wedding events! We would absolutely use them again and hope to visit and catch up with them whenever we're in the area! They were so much fun!

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2018

The BEST vendor for more than just their catering services!

I can’t say enough AMAZING things about the team at East End Catering. We had a more unique wedding at our families’ property on the beach in Southampton, NY and the team executed flawlessly at making our dream wedding come to life. We threw a lot of curve balls at the team throughout our wedding process and leading right up to the week of the wedding, but the team handled it with the utmost professionalism and did everything on their end to make sure our wedding came to fruition. They worked tirelessly on our wedding and had all hands on deck to see it through and make sure it was exactly what we envisioned. They went above and beyond what we expected and we couldn’t have been happier we chose to work with East End Catering for our wedding. Our wedding was a huge undertaking and they made it look easy! We had been working with East End Catering for over a year and throughout the process they were extremely responsive and flexible in meeting with us, which was very helpful for our schedules. The food was absolutely delicious and all of our guests are still raving about how good it was. We decided to do plated kebabs for dinner and they made the plates look beautiful and guests were glowing about the quinoa side, along with the apps that came out during cocktail hour. We also did late night snacks with East End Catering and it was a great idea because it kept our guests going through the after party and it was the topic of our brunch the next day. We did not have a wedding planner but we did have an amazing maître d', Kathy, that was a part of team East End Catering. When I met with Kathy for the first time she caught right up to speed with everything that was planned for the wedding and helped me bring the wedding of my dreams to life but also make sure the wedding went off without any hiccups! The bartenders and servers were all so much fun and made the night feel so easy and seamless. Our guests truly had a blast and are still talking about the entire wedding, which is A HUGE THANK YOU and testimony to team East End Catering. I highly recommend working with East End Catering, as they are truly a professional company that can execute anything thrown at them.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/04/2018

I had the pleasure of using Chris and Joanne for my wedding this past August. The minute I tried their food at our first tasting with them, I knew they were going to be the caterers for us because the food was absolutely incredible! From there on out, any questions I had they were very responsive and would usually answer in just a few hours, if not less. People are still complimenting our food from our wedding which was already about a month ago! I also had the pleasure of using Jane as my day of coordinator. Jane was so great as well at answering any questions that arose throughout the process. She also took time to browse my Pinterest board to make sure she understood my style and set things up even better than I could have imagined. She brought lots of her own little touches of things I would have never thought to have and it really added such a nice touch to our wedding decor. They were very attentive and made me feel as if I was the only bride they were working with during our time together. They are a great team filled with incredibly nice people and I would highly recommend EEEC for your wedding!!!! You will not be disappointed!

Johnny · Married on 07/28/2018

We highly recommend East End Catering/CJs for the following reasons:

1. Food: Of course this is the most important thing you'd expect from any caterer. They provide you with so much food and they're all sooo good. From apps, to the raw/pasta/salad bar, to the main course, everything was incredible. They do this thing called a trilogy, where you get a chicken, steak and a seafood instead of just choosing one. It was amazing.

2. Support: You'd think you're just hiring a caterer, but no. With Chris and Joanne, you get friends. They helped us with literally everything. From our wedding planning, to all these props/decoration to use, to connecting you with multiple vendors so that you can find exactly what you want. They're literally there to help you get the exact wedding that you want. We had an outdoor wedding, so we went online to rent a trailer to use as a bridal suite, which actually caused quite a lot of headaches for us, but CJs was there even to help us set the whole thing up. There was no way our wedding could have happened without them.

3. Price: This is actually not very important after all that they did for us, but even so, they were definitely more affordable than the other caterers that we found.

Overall: East End Catering/CJs was absolutely amazing. They exceeded our expectations by a ton.

John · Married on 05/27/2018

Having East End Events Catering as our caterers can only be described as the best experience. From the first meeting all the way through my wedding day, Chris and Joanne made my wife and I feel like we were family. Chris is talented beyond the kitchen. His knowledge ranges from food to event strategy. Joanne wraps all the details together and keeps you on track. CJ’s works with many local vendors and gives you the opportunity to work with them directly or to order through their business. When I had an issue with one recommended vendor I spoke with Joann and she rectified the issue immediately. She’s always available and easy to reach! The food is delicious! They have a wide variety of options in every category; fish, meat, poultry, and vegetarian. No detail goes forgotten in their dishes. You and your tastebuds will be pleasantly fulfilled! On the day of my wedding, the staff provided by CJ’s was friendly and always on task. They were efficient, worked in shortened timelines, and always had a smile on their face. After the event, watching them work was like watching a well-oiled machine. Everyone knew their job and with what seemed like effortless effort they returned the facility back to its normal state. If you are having a party, wedding, or other event that needs catering I would HIGHLY recommend CJ’s for their professionalism, friendliness and work ethic. They’re simply the best!

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2018

Chris and Joanne provided a fantastic service from the moment we met them to the wedding day. They went above and beyond to make everything run smoothly. They were always quick to reply to emails and answer and questions, working around our ideas for the day. Most importantly, the food was excellent! So many of our guests commented on how amazing the food and service were. The friendly staff also worked tirelessly during the wedding, and I especially want to praise our maitre d', Jane, who practically became a day-of-coordinator — her upbeat personality and knowledge of what makes a wedding great proved invaluable. If you have the chance to have Jane on your day, definitely request her. Again thanks to the whole team at East End Events for making our day fantastic!

Amanda · Married on 05/04/2018

Let me start off by saying, we would have been lost with out East End Events Catering. I walked into our first meeting with them and couldn't answer a single question they had. I had no idea what I wanted. Chris showed me the ideas he had for what would work in the space and things quickly came together. He was so intuitive that when I was showing him my Pinterest board he picked up that every picture had wood chairs, not the white ones I was getting, and made sure to connect me with a vendor who could make the brown chairs happen.

Jane was our Maitre d' and she was fantastic! I cannot rave about her enough. By the end of the process she was like family. Once I started to build my vision she was able to execute it perfectly and was extremely accommodating with any changes. She was checking in with us throughout the wedding, making sure we were fed and did not need anything at all.

Seriously, there were so many tiny details I never thought of, and some I didn't even think of until that day but they had it covered. They are amazing. That is not even including the food! Its been almost a month and people are still talking about my cocktail hour food.

East End Events Catering 1
    East End Events Catering 2
    East End Events Catering 3

Donna · Married on 11/12/2017

Our son and daughter-in-law were the lucky winners of the Veterans Day Wedding Giveback this past November held at Brecknock Hall. All of the vendors donated their goods and services. East End Events Catering went above and beyond our wildest dreams! The only things that surpassed their generosity was the quality of the food and service!

After John and Katie were notified that they had won, they had to contact the vendors to make the arrangements. Joanne and Chris were so accommodating. They invited them to their restaurant, CJ's American Grill, to make food selections and to try the food. John and Katie were blown away! The food was amazing and they could choose anything they wanted! Joanne and Chris made the entire process seamless.

We are still receiving rave reviews from the wedding guests. They can not believe the quality and quantity of their dinners which consisted of an amazing salad, filet mignon, stuffed chicken, and mahi-mahi (all three!), along with truffled mashed potatoes and broccolini. It's rare to have such an elaborate and delicious meal at an expensive wedding, never mind a vendor providing it for free to an active duty service member all because they believe in giving back and thanking them for their service. They even suggested and provided little extras like a welcome beverage table before the ceremony and a donut wall with fresh apple cider donuts that the guests absolutely loved!

We held the rehearsal dinner at their restaurant and they prepared a buffet that was fabulous as well!

We cant' say enough about the generosity and the quality of the food from this caterer. We are humbled by their kindness and thoughtfulness. They enabled our son and his bride to have the wedding of their dreams.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
    Donna and Ed Dunne

Edward · Married on 11/12/2017

The whole experience with East End Events Catering was absolutely top notch from the start to finish.The Owners/Chefs were easy to talk with in the planning stages and then delivered an extraordinary menu that had guest after guest complimenting it .We also held the rehearsal dinner in their Mattituck restaurant of approximately 55 guests and all the feed back was confirming that to be an excellent choice as well.. I already have and will continue to recommend this business to friends and family that are planning any catering event as well as recommending their wonderful restaurant for any time to enjoy..

Anne · Married on 11/12/2017

I recently attended a wedding at Peconic Landing, Greenport NY. East End Events Catering provided a marvelous sit down plated dinner for 80 guests. The food was beautifully prepared and presented; featuring filet mignon, roasted chicken and pan sautéed mahi mahi with a side of mashed potatoes and a deliciously dressed side salad and dinner rolls. East End Events impressed me with their eye for detail, quality of the meal and smooth operation in delivering piping hot plates to all their guests. I highly recommend them for your next catered event!

Kathy · Married on 11/12/2017

We attended a wedding at which East End Events Catering prepared a scrumptious dinner. The salad was crisp, rolls warm and yummy, and the entre' extremely tasty. As we were guest at this wedding, I really cannot comment on "value", but the meal was delicious, the wait staff very considerate and friendly, and when I asked for my unfinished dinner to be boxed in a carry out, the wait staff could not be more accommodating.

As a guest at an East End wedding, I would highly recommend you consider East End Events Catering for your event.

Liz · Married on 09/30/2017

They did it again!!! We have had 2 daughters get married this year and used East End Events Catering for both of them! Chef Chris, his wife Joanne and the very experienced Jane made both events top notch and so stress free. Joanne was always so pleasant, quick and organized with any questions I needed answers to and just plain easy to work with. Jane was our Maitre D for both weddings and worked so effortlessly to make our daughter's, as well as their husbands feel "so tended to" and "special" . Jane also made sure that every detail was perfect!!! What can I say about Chef Chris? He is just amazing, his high energy and love for what he does shines through. He was willing to work with us when we wanted to change things up without any problems, the day before our daughter's September 30th wedding I went into a panic about heat for our tent and Chris was more than helpful in getting us one within an hour! The food was DELICOUS, the presentation beautiful, and his execution for both weddings was flawless. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and for giving me piece of mind on such a special day!!!!

East End Events Catering 4

Regina · Married on 09/24/2017

A vineyard wedding in the fall was a dream come true. The food was delicious and the service was excellent! The staff met all of our needs and did even more than what we asked and could have ever expected.

Maggie · Married on 09/23/2017

East End catered our September vineyard wedding, and I would highly recommend them! Chris and Joanne were so helpful and flexible throughout the entire process. The food and service at our wedding was outstanding, and Jen (our Maitre d) helped to make sure that everything went along smoothly! Thank you so much!

Alyssa · Married on 09/22/2017

Deciding on which caterer to use for our wedding at Pellegrini Vineyards was an easy decision after meeting with Chris & Joanne Richards of East End Events Catering. As foodies, the quality of the food served at our wedding was our number one priority & let’s just say after meeting with Chris & Joanne, it was “love at first bite!” From the moment we met them, Chris & Joanne made us feel like family. Joanne handled all of the behind the scenes coordination. She was always available to promptly answer any & all questions we had. Chris gave us guidance in choosing the best food options, recommending other vendors, providing us with ideas for table settings & other ways to make our wedding day unique. We were fortunate to attend a wine club dinner at Pellegrini Vineyards that Chris was catering prior to our wedding day. It meant a lot to us to see how well our caterer would work alongside the staff at our wedding venue. The entire event was phenomenal & we knew we were in excellent hands. Chris & Joanne were a pleasure to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. Their Maître d’, Diane, was amazing & just as responsive & receptive to ideas. The amount of time they put in to make our wedding special was incredible. They are truly passionate about what they do & it shows. The food was prepared & plated with care from the very first time we met at their restaurant to the food they provided for us for the “day of” to our appetizers at the cocktail hour & meals at the reception. They were considerate of all dietary concerns & offered alternatives to meet the varying needs of our guests. Everyone at our wedding raved about the food! Chris & Joanne made our day even more memorable with their subtle special touches & attention to detail. From our pre-ceremony lemonade stand to signature drink & craft beers to an impeccable meal with a triology entrée and late night apps to s’mores bar & rustic dessert station, it was truly a night to remember!

East End Events Catering 5
    East End Events Catering 12
    East End Events Catering 13
    East End Events Catering 14

Sara · Married on 09/16/2017

Chris and Joanne at East End Events Catering are PHENOMENAL to work with. Joanne does all the planning with you and Chris cooks at the event. Joanne is super fast at responding to questions/concerns....I always got a reply within 15 minutes. Chris and his catering team (especially Diane, their maitre d) are extremely professional and hard working. The service at our wedding was outstanding, and the food was delicious. We got so many complements on our food! If you are lucky enough to have Diane working with you as your day of maitre d, know that you are in good hands and she does everything to make sure that you have the best day of your life. What a great experience working with everyone at East End Events Catering.

Maria · Married on 09/16/2017

Wow, what can I say... just amazing! My daughter's wedding was perfect! Chris, the food was delicious. Jane and staff were so warm and caring, they made the wedding beautiful! They made my guests feel comfortable and at home. Everyone had an amazing time. Thank you for everything! Highly recommend!!!

Martin · Married on 09/15/2017

I live in the UK but my daughter lives on NOFO so we needed a caterer we had complete trust in as I would not be able to keep meeting face to face. From the moment Maddelyn and I met with Chris and Joanne back in July I knew that the catering would be great. Well, it wasn't just great it was outstanding! I was truly overwhelmed by the quality of every part of everything East End Events Catering did. The way Founders had been laid out; the bar and beer kayak; the truly fabulous 'cocktail hour'; the plated food - which had no right to be that good, prepared for so many in far from ideal preparation conditions; all the staff, who were so helpful and super efficient and the wonderful Jane, for whom nothing was too much trouble. So, so many people commented on the quality of the catering - all saying that they couldn't believe how amazing the food was. Lots of folk said that it was the best restaurant food they had ever tasted - let alone it having been prepared in a mobile and/or unfamiliar kitchen. What a bunch of stars you are!

I know this is what you do for a living and I fully understand that you cater for many, many functions but for Maddelyn to say to me, " Dad, this is exactly how I dreamed my wedding reception would be" puts the hugest smile on my heart and I cannot thank you enough. You and your fabulous team have helped to create such wonderful memories for Maddelyn and Steve and all those who attended - thank you so, so very much.

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

Chris and Joanne were an absolute pleasure to work with! The food and the service at our wedding was top notch. We couldn't have asked for anything better. The staff was kind and courteous and our guests were well taken care of. Chris was also able to accommodate a number of dietary restrictions which was greatly appreciated. I would not hesitate to recommend East End. Five star service! Thanks!