East Beach Catering Reviews

East Beach Catering 6
East Beach Catering 7
  • Norma

Norma Hughes · Married on 12/30/2018

Fantastic food and exceptional service

Cathy and her crew were amazing. The food was outstanding and the service was fabulous. She made the whole wedding planning and delivery seem flawless. I can’t thank and recommend her enough for her help making our daughters day the most fabulous day ever!

• Katy

Katy Fedorko · Married on 12/30/2018

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

Cathy and East Beach Catering went above and beyond what I ever expected and hoped my wedding could be!!! She helped me with every aspect of the planning and made my dream become a reality! So many guests told me that the food was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! I could not be happier with how beautiful and delicious everything was!

East Beach Catering 8
    East Beach Catering 16
    East Beach Catering 17
    East Beach Catering 18

Adrienne · Married on 12/29/2018

Giving an A+ to East Beach Catering!

Cathy, owner of East Beach Catering, and her staff made our daughter's wedding a first-rate experience! Guests said the food was the best they ever had at a wedding. The staff were sincerely interested in assisting in every way. And, Chelsea, our wedding coordinator, was always quick to answer our questions and went out of her way to help. The best wedding ever!

Allie Roth · Married on 12/29/2018

Incredible caterer, amazing food

My husband and I absolutely loved the delicious food, amazing and professional staff, and incredibly accommodating services that East Beach Catering had to offer. The food was amazing - even with over 100 guests at our wedding. Cathy is an artist and was so instrumental in helping us choose the details for how to decorate our wedding reception and she had so many connections in the community to help make a smooth and elegant event. We will recommend Cathy and our wedding coordinator, Chelsea, to all of our friends! We could not have done our special day without those 2 wonderful ladies!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2018

Best of the best!

Where to begin!? East Beach Catering was an absolute dream to work with, Chelsea specifically. She took care of every worry I had, addressed every thought that crossed my mind, and made our wedding day a dream come true. She didn't only take care of the food, but also the rentals and helped set up the wedding too! Everything was so seamless and easy.
    The food was AMAZING! I loved that our guests kept telling me how delicious everything was! There was also plenty of left overs and no one went hungry. So thankful to have had such an awesome team to work with for our special day :) 110% recommended!

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2018

Above and beyond excellence service!

Cathy and Chelsea were AMAZING to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process! Working with Cathy was like a dream, she answered every question we had and helped us to create an amazing menu of food for all of our friends and family (the Nacho/Taco bar was a huge hit!) The food was delicious along with the beautiful displays they created for all of our different buffet stations! If you’re looking for amazing food along with exceptionally great service, East Beach Catering is where you’ll find it!

Cathy and Chelsea, thank you for everything you did for us and for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 10/15/2018

East Beach Catering's reply:

Thank You Taylor! We enjoyed so working with you ! We are so blessed to have you and your family come in to our life!! Thank you for trusting EBC to play a part of your special day !!

Kaylyn Brown · Married on 09/15/2018

Wedding Review

Hands down, East Beach Catering is the cater to use! Cathy and her team work wonders! She got back to us in a timely manner, worked with us, and was very attentive wedding day. Cathy is willing and able to make every vision and dream come to life, but was also able to help a plain jane girl like myself spruce things up! We set our date for Sept 15. Hurricane Florence unfortunately changed our plans and we decided to postpone our wedding we spent a year planning. Cathy helped us make that difficult decision and made herself and team available for our new date in Oct - what a relief! My husband and I were determined to still get married on that day, so we gathered family and friends on the beach to exchange vows and went back to my parents to celebrate. Out of pure kindness, Cathy knew of this and prepared some of our wedding food and delivered it right to the door step. She and her team went above and beyond in every way possible to make BOTH our days unforgettable. Thank you!

• Cynamon

Cynamon · Married on 04/15/2018

Cathy was great and worked with us to create an amazing menu. We really wanted to wow our guests and they loved the food, presentation, and service. I was a little nervous at first since my menu was a little different pork and pineapple tacos, caprese skewers, fresh fruit, Jamaican curry chicken with rice and peas, beef tenderloin, mixed vegetables, and fried plantains and it turned out excellent, I'm thankful we went with East Beach Catering.

• SarahE.

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

I am so glad I picked East Beach for our big day! Their staff was extremely friendly and tentative to all of our guests' needs. The staff also helped with setting up and breaking down for our big day which was amazing. The food was amazing and we kept getting compliments on the food from our guests! The food was also presented amazingly! We have mac and cheese as one of our passed appetizers and they displayed them in tiny martini glasses! They also provided a coffee bar and dessert bar for us. Overall, the whole event/catering was amazing. I highly recommend East Beach if you are looking for amazing food and a very helpful staff!

Nicole · Married on 08/05/2017

Cathy, thanks so much to you and your team for making our wedding absolutely perfect! The food displays and the service were outstanding. Our guests have been raving about the food! Many have said "this is the best food we have ever had at a wedding." The day could not have been more perfect. Thank you so much!
    xoxo,
    Nicole & Fred

Don · Married on 06/30/2017

Cathy and her team put together an absolutely incredible display of food, decor and professionalism! Everything was perfect! I highly recommend them to anyone who's planning an event! She and her staff made my Wedding day amazing!

Dennis · Married on 06/24/2017

Our experience with Cathy & her team was nothing short of stellar! They were hands down amazing! Everything was exceptionally wonderful! From the decor to the food we couldn't of had anyone else make our dream come true for our special day, like Cathy & Her team at East Beach Catering.

Leesa · Married on 05/20/2017

Cathy and her team absolutely knocked it out of the park with our cocktail hour and reception. We were married May 20, 2017 at The Historic Post Office in Hampton, VA. Cocktail Hour was at The Carousel. From set up, presentation, taste and breakdown and clean up, I give Cathy Carter 10 stars!! We had cocktail shrimp, crab dip, fruit and cheese displays, bacon wrapped scallops and caprese skewers for cocktail hour. Guests are still raving about the crab dip and how much fun the carousel was for cocktail hour. The guest were then invited back to The Historic Post Office, where the staff had assisted in flipping the room. Guests were created by a delicious salad with champagne vinaigrette dressing. The 20+ kids in attendance were almost immediately served their kids meals. Then the guests were served an amazing dinner family style. They had platters of beef tenderloin, Parmesan crusted chicken and Cathy's fabulous crabcakes, mashed potatoes, roasted veggies and homemade yeast rolls. Once again, guests are still complimenting the food and how wonderful it was. Cathy's delivery is artistic, delicious and just over the top incredible. I cannot say enough good things about Cathy Carter and East Beach Catering! Whether a rehearsal dinner, birthday party, baby shower or wedding reception, she will NOT disappoint. Cathy also prepared the sweetest "going away" back for my new husband and I! It had so much food we made almost 3 meals out of it! Cathy doesn't forget any details. I could go on and on about how pleased I am! Give Cathy and her team the opportunity to make your wedding the day of your dreams!! Thanks Cathy! Love ya, Leesa & Ray!

Pari · Married on 11/24/2016

Delicious food. Beautiful presentation

Easy to work with staff. Delicious food. Beautiful presentation. Overall great experience

Bri · Married on 10/22/2016

Another home run for East Beach Catering!! I have never once catered an event without East Beach- and now the review on my wedding! The most special day was perfect thanks to Cathy and her team! The food was outstanding, cocktail hour was perfect and the reception was a hit! Her staff is friendly, fun and so lovable! Everyone genuinely cares about each person they come across and keep the good vibes going! I couldn't have had such an amazing day without Cathy and her team! Thank you for another flawless event! Love you guys!!

Mandy · Married on 09/01/2016

Cheers to East Beach Catering!

East Beach Catering makes hosting a life event - everything from birthday parties to baby showers to weddings - so much easier. I've used East Beach Catering too many times to count by now. The food is always delicious and displayed beautifully. Cathy and her team work hard while smiling to ensure you and your guests have a wonderful time. Cheers to East Beach Catering!

East Beach Catering 19
    East Beach Catering 30
    East Beach Catering 31
    East Beach Catering 32

Eileen · Married on 08/21/2016

Denise and the East Beach Catering team were perfect! Denise was very, very helpful from the beginning and she made the process so easy and made me feel at ease the whole time. She helped me, not only with planning of our feast, but also with A LOT of the logistical details. I don't know what I would have done without her. On the day of, the team was very professional and went above and beyond, as well as Denise! All our guests absolutely loved our food and they still mention it to this day. Highly recommend Denise and her team for your wedding day or any other big day you have planned!

Monique · Married on 07/16/2016

From the very first phone call to the last sip of our signature drink at the reception, we knew we had made the perfect choice with East Beach Catering and Cathy! Being a fellow event management vendor and for this event, the mother of the bride, I was especially picky! Unfamiliar with Virginia Beach area vendors, Cathy immediately became a friend and assisted me with becoming familiar with the area and introduced me to some of the best of the best of vendors!!! Our guests are still talking about how spectacular every bite of every course was at the reception. Given our recipe for the signature drink, EBC made the batches to perfection! As we were acquiring our dream team of vendors, all we had to mention was that Cathy was our secured caterer and every vendor we spoke with wanted to get onboard. Thank you to Cathy and her team for giving our daughter and new son an unforgettable dream experience!

Gaither · Married on 07/10/2016

Best experience ever...had my wife happy and I would recommend East Beach to anyone!

• Sam

Sam · Married on 06/26/2016

East Beach Catering was there with my husband and I on one of the most important days of our life…our wedding day! I started communicating with Cathy (the kindhearted and fearless leader of the entire operation) via phone calls and e-mails and felt that we would be a great fit together. My husband is in the military and we tried to work out a taste test session that could include him, but it just wasn’t going to happen. She was so understanding that he couldn’t be there and was fine with me bringing my friend in his place! The tasting really sealed the deal and made me even more excited for the big day than I already was! The food was delicious, the presentation was beautiful (which was very important to me), and the customer service was top tier! It was an all-around fabulous experience leading up to the big day.

On our wedding day we were so thrilled to see it all come together and it exceeded our expectations in every way! We are about a month into our marriage and we still have guests contacting us telling us how delicious the food was…the appetizers during the cocktail hour were a HUGE HIT!! My husband got to try everything for the first time just as the guests did and he was extremely satisfied and is still talking about how tasty and perfect everything was! We highly recommend East Beach for any event that you might have! Delicious and gorgeous food, the perfect bar set up (very important to us!), and an extremely patient and hardworking staff…what more could one ask for?! Thank you so much to Cathy and the entire East Beach Catering team!!

Beth · Married on 05/20/2016

A well deserved 5 out of 5!! East Beach was phenomenal-- not only do they have DELICIOUS food (that our guests raved about), but they are also great to work with. I did my research and even went to another tasting before picking East Beach and they blow the local competition out of the water! There was also plentyy of food! Other caterers are somewhat stingy and charge per each individual appetizer, but East Beach makes sure that there is plenty to go around (because believe me, your guests will want seconds!) With that taken into consideration, they are very reasonably priced compared to other local caterers. Cathy was so friendly and helpful at our tasting. She took the time to chat with us and provide her advice on various aspects of planning beyond just the food. Last but not least, Denise, their event coordinator was absolutely PHENOMENAL!!! Her attention to detail, responsiveness, organization, and ability to get things done quickly and effectively was a life saver! Definitely one of the best people to work with throughout all of my wedding planning. She created a detailed floorplan for our reception that was color coded and labeled. She always called or emailed me back immediately. Her attention to even the smallest details made me feel like she truly cared about my wedding. We had a last minute emergency of almost not being able to get our liquor license (2 days before the wedding!!!) and Denise calmed me down (I was almost in tears) and created a plan b immediately. I knew that I could count on her to follow through and not miss a single detail that we had discussed throughout the planning process. East Beach is the BEST!

I would refer anyone to East Beach for their wedding. Cathy was an absolute pleasure to work with. And the food was absolutely delicious. Everything was perfect. The staff was awesome and very friendly and kept everyone happy. Everyone that came to the wedding is still taking about the food. We even had leftovers and Cathy packed up everything for us. She even packed us up some tacos that were put together for us to snack on later. We are still eating leftovers a week later. :) We were very pleased with East Beach and would totally use them again and refer any new bride to them for catering.

Gwynn · Married on 06/20/2015

Wow! All I can say is wow! I have never had so many people comment at a wedding on how wonderful the food was. The quality and presentation far exceeded my expectations......and I think everyone at the wedding :). On top of the amazing food and presentation.....most brides don't get a chance to eat at their own weddings. Cathy and her team made sure my groom and I were eating and we even had to go plates packed in our get away car. People will remember your food. They may not remember the colors or centerpieces. But they will remember the food and experience of the wedding. Cathy and her team my our wedding memorable. And if you are deciding on the menu definitely get the macaroni and cheese bar.....to.....die......for!

Medena · Married on 05/24/2015

My husband and I contracted Kathy and her staff to cater our wedding in May. We enjoyed our experience from beginning to end. She is very personable/professional. The food is absolutely delicious and flavorful. She made sure we were taken care of the whole day, we felt like royalty. Thank you for making our experience so sweatless and delightful. We will definitely use East Beach again. God bless you!
    P.s. thanks for our gift!

Medena & Adrian