East Beach Catering Reviews

126 | Norfolk, VA

126 Reviews for East Beach Catering

Rebecca Ryder · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Wonderful experience!

Chelsea was awesome the whole time! She was very professional & responsive, worked with us on our menu & budget, and helped with all the little things on the wedding day to help it run smoothly. It was the best food we've ever had at a wedding, and as good as many fine restaurants. I would give them 10 stars if I could. Book them!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Don

Don Pearson · Married on 11/11/2020

Amazing in every aspect!

We had registered with East Beach catering and found the wedding planner Chelsea. What a team! We didn't have to worry about anything. The set up was right on time. The arrangements were beautiful. The food was beyond belief! If we had to do it all over again we wouldn't change a thing. We've already recommended them to a family member for a military retirement party. They were amazing for that too. We can't say enough good about these people.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Stephanie · Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing Food

We are so pleased with having East Beach cater our wedding. From the start, East Beach and Chelsea was amazing! Information was straight forward and easy to understand. Chelsea was there every step of the way. Chelsea was responsive, helpful, and organized. The food was amazing! We have had so many compliments about the food and the service. They were very accommodating with out number of guests and was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend East Beach! They packed up our leftover food and everything was great!

Sent on 07/03/2020
  • Stacey

Stacey Sullivan · Married on 01/18/2020

Definitely recommend East Beach!

Chelsea and her East Beach Catering team were FANTASTIC! First the food was amazing and presented beautifully. Many of our guests commented on how perfectly the food was cooked. The appetizers were a big hit! I hired Chelsea as a wedding coordinator with only a month or two left till the big day. She went above and beyond, understood my vision to a tee, and really helped tie everything together. The wedding was a blast thanks to Chelsea and her team.

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 01/03/2020

Highly Recommended!

Chelsea with East Beach was AMAZINGGG for our wedding! Her and her staff did an incredible job without and issues. Chelsea was so responsive every time I reached out to her and she was extremely accommodating to any request I had (and trust me, I had a lot of requests). Guests were raving about how good the food was, we had the mini crabcakes, sweet potato biscuits, and mini brie bites with glazed walnuts and cranberries in a mini phyllo cup (which is not on the menu but they were glad to do it). For dinner we had the east beach parmesan chicken, beef tenderloin, and coconut shrimp with au gratin potatoes and vegetable platter which was gorgeous. We had a buffet but the catering staff made our plates and had them ready for us at our sweetheart table when we were ready to eat. I remembered the night BEFORE the wedding that my wife cannot eat mango and so I asked Chelsea to simply not put the mango salsa on her shrimp when they made her plate. It honestly wasn't a big deal but Chelsea and her staff were able to change the mango salsa to an orange apricot salsa the night BEFORE the wedding. I cannot speak enough about how accommodating and professional they were throughout the entire process. You cannot go wrong with this choice for catering any event!! I will definitely be ordering from them again in the future for parties!!

Sent on 02/07/2020

Stephanie Barber · Married on 12/08/2019

East Beach Catering is Excellent

East Beach Catering has the BEST TASTING FOOD; the MOST BEAUTIFUL and ELEGANT presentation of food and the MOST AMAZING STAFF!!! They have earned my highest recommendation for all of Hampton Roads and far beyond!!!!

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Sydney

Sydney Milligan · Married on 11/23/2019

Wonderful experience

I absolutely LOVED working with the staff at East Beach Catering! From the first time we met with Chelsea we knew this would be the caterer we would use. She listened to everything we wanted and made all of it work and within our budget! We wanted a buffet/cocktail style spread with plenty of options for our guests AND a dessert table extravaganza. Chelsea worked with us to make all of this happen! I was super picky with what I wanted my biggest priority was making sure the food tasted delicious and not like normal boring “wedding food.” We got so many complements on our food, my aunt liked it so much she used them to cater my uncles retirement party! The beef tenderloin was cooked perfectly and we had loaded potato rounds that were delicious! For our passed appetizers my favorites were the caprese skewers, the blt skewers and the sweet potato biscuits! Everyone raved about the sweet potato biscuits. We also used Chelsea as our wedding coordinator which was the best decision we could have made. We live in Oregon but got married in Virginia where I’m from, this made planning our wedding a little difficult. Chelsea worked with my mom and me to make sure everything ran smoothly and we got everything we wanted. I told her what styles I liked and she brought it to life. She worked with me and made everything so easy on me I couldn’t have asked for a better person to take care of our big day. We highly recommend not only East Beach Catering but also Chelsea’s coordinating services. Seriously, she was a god sent.

Sent on 01/11/2020

Susan Pearson · Married on 11/23/2019

Fantastic experience

East Beach was phenomenal, we could not have had a better experience. The food was fantastic and our friends still rave about it. Chelsea and her staff were worth every penny and more. My daughter was an out of state bride and Chelsea helped me every step of the way. She made this the most stress free wedding, she took care of the bride and the brides mother, vendors, the ceremony, flow of the reception, decorating, the food, packing up the leftover food at the end of the night. Thank you East Beach Catering and Chelsea.

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Shochet · Married on 10/19/2019

Delicious, Professional, Visually Appealing

Our experience with East Beach Catering could not have been better! Their food is delicious, they offered a free tasting of our menu before the big day, Chelsea was super knowledgeable and professional, and their presentation of the food fit our tropical theme very well. I'd give them 10 stars if possible.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jessica Jacobsen · Married on 09/07/2019

Out door wedding

110% would recommend East Beach to anyone in the Hampton Roads area. Great food and service! Love them!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Emily · Married on 08/03/2019

Flawless and detailed!

All i can say is that everyone LOVED the food including us and Chelsea is seriously just kind, sweet and attentive to details and it shows! Her staff was also helpful and kind! She is very down to earth and i appreciate every detail she put into our wedding it really paid off! I recommend her services for anything! Will use east beach catering again!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Juliana Schreiber · Married on 07/20/2019

Best wedding catering

Best ever! Great food and amazing staff!!! Was be home impressed with everything for our wedding! Everyone went above and beyond! Our bartenders were amazing! The waiters were attentive and kind! Chelsea was the absolute best! She took charge of more than her share to make our day perfect! They cleaned up nicely at the end as well!! 11/10 recommend!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Avery

Avery Gardner · Married on 05/26/2019

Professional, experienced, affordable

Easy Beach Catering was an absolute delight to work with for our wedding. Chelsea and Kathy were fantastic and have a wealth of experience in the wedding industry. We selected a seated meal with a choice of beef, salmon oscar (which was topped with a huge amount of crab meat) and parmesan chicken and we have already received so much positive feedback form our guests regarding dinner. During our tasting, my mom and I were blown away from the start. They rolled out the red carpet and the food was absolutely incredible. Additionally, Chelsea, being a former wedding coordinator, was a huge help to me in assisting with making my dreams come true- she is amazing you guys! She met with me to discuss our rentals, and again to discuss the logistics a month out, and quickly responded to all my emails. Our venue allowed us to bring in our own alcohol, and East Beach provided us with excellent resources to determine how much we needed to purchase. Compared to the other caterers that we looked at, East Beach was extremely professional and affordable.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Laura Glaubke · Married on 05/18/2019

Our Daughters Wedding

We can’t say enough good things about East Beach Catering. From our very first visit too the end of the wedding they were professional and the food was all outstanding. Every guest had rave reviews. The staff especially Chelsea was outstanding. She went over and above as our wedding coordinator. She is the BEST!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Aundrea Williamson · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!!

East Beach Catering went above and beyond to make our wedding incredible! The food was absolutely delicious, they were always available to answer questions, and were on top of everything on our wedding day. Our wedding guests cannot stop raving about how incredible the food was! Amazing service and amazing people!

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Maura

Maura · Married on 05/11/2019

Thank you!!

They did an amazing job catering our wedding! Chelsea was very helpful throughout the planning process and the wedding day. They set up beautiful displays at the wedding and the food was wonderful! I’d definitely recommend them for catering any event. Very kind and professional and willing to go above and beyond to make sure your special day is perfect.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Grace Finney · Married on 05/04/2019

Yes please!

Cannot put into words how awesome the East Beach Catering team is. They are so willing to accommodate your needs/wants and really understand your vision even before you do. My guests raved about how much they loved our food and their experience. Could not have done it without this amazing team.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 04/13/2019

Chelsea is THE BEST!

The first time I met with Chelsea and Cathy I knew these were the people I wanted to cater my wedding. What Chelsea did for me, however, was much more than catering. She did EVERYTHING!!!! We are so grateful for her going above and beyond well before our wedding and, of course, on the day of. It is clear that weddings and events are her passion because she really cares! Not only was the food AMAZING but the service was outstanding!!! Seriously, everyone was talking about how the mashed potatoes were the best they ever had!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Debbie Butherus · Married on 04/13/2019

Mrs butherus

We had the best experience dealing with East Beach catering and especially Chelsea. She was so professional and was quick to change all plans due to a rainy wedding day. The food was perfect and got lots of outstanding compliments from our guests. Thank you for making Lacey and Jonathan's wedding day exactly what they wanted.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Dave

Dave Urban · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing food and customer service!

Chelsea and East Beach did an amazing job from the first time I called them to inquire about their services to the end of the wedding. The food and presentation were perfect, but one thing that also stood out was their responsiveness to all of our questions and requests. Not only that, Chelsea went above and beyond to deliver tastings of desserts with our requested changes to me since the initial ones were not quite what we expected, and they were willing to do this multiple times to get everything exactly as we wanted. She did everything she could to make everything perfect and I can't recommend working with East Beach enough! Definitely get their beef tenderloin, it was my favorite dish of all the things that I had tried at the tastings from multiple caterers; multiple people have told me that the food was great but the beef stood out!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Mary · Married on 03/23/2019

Oh my gosh YUM!

I cannot say enough about how great East Beach was to work with! Cathy was SO helpful and calm during the planning process and answered every question we came up with. She took excellent care of us. Chelsea too! They spent a lot of time with us (tasting, menu planning, vendor meeting at the venue and many phone calls and emails in between). It was so nice to have a personal connection with them both - we never felt like just another client, and they were genuinely excited for us on the big day. They also gave us excellent recommendations for other vendors when we were feeling swamped with the wedding planning process (which was a huge help) plus took care of ordering our linens/tableware. I have already recommended one other couple to them and will be sending other people their way!

Sent on 04/01/2019

East Beach Catering's reply:

Thank You Mary Frances you were a sweetheart to work with. So Happy for you both. We were honored you choose EBC
  • Norma

Norma Hughes · Married on 12/30/2018

Fantastic food and exceptional service

Cathy and her crew were amazing. The food was outstanding and the service was fabulous. She made the whole wedding planning and delivery seem flawless. I can’t thank and recommend her enough for her help making our daughters day the most fabulous day ever!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Katy

Katy Fedorko · Married on 12/30/2018

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

Cathy and East Beach Catering went above and beyond what I ever expected and hoped my wedding could be!!! She helped me with every aspect of the planning and made my dream become a reality! So many guests told me that the food was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! I could not be happier with how beautiful and delicious everything was!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Adrienne · Married on 12/29/2018

Giving an A+ to East Beach Catering!

Cathy, owner of East Beach Catering, and her staff made our daughter's wedding a first-rate experience! Guests said the food was the best they ever had at a wedding. The staff were sincerely interested in assisting in every way. And, Chelsea, our wedding coordinator, was always quick to answer our questions and went out of her way to help. The best wedding ever!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Allie Roth · Married on 12/29/2018

Incredible caterer, amazing food

My husband and I absolutely loved the delicious food, amazing and professional staff, and incredibly accommodating services that East Beach Catering had to offer. The food was amazing - even with over 100 guests at our wedding. Cathy is an artist and was so instrumental in helping us choose the details for how to decorate our wedding reception and she had so many connections in the community to help make a smooth and elegant event. We will recommend Cathy and our wedding coordinator, Chelsea, to all of our friends! We could not have done our special day without those 2 wonderful ladies!

Sent on 01/27/2019