Early Mountain Vineyards Reviews

67 | Madison, VA

67 Reviews for Early Mountain Vineyards

Lauren Truwit · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Effortlessly Beautiful

Early Mountain Vineyards was the perfect spot to cast my vision for my winter wedding. The fireplaces in both the banquet hall and the tasting room created the romantic winter feel I wanted. The staff was so easy to work with from wine tastings, flipping the room for the reception, and working with my team of vendors. The groomsmen room and cottage were idyllic and perfect for getting ready. You truly cannot go wrong with this beautiful place both inside and out .

Sent on 02/12/2020

Emily Ely · Married on 01/04/2020

LOVED everything about EMV!

From our first email inquiry to the wedding day and even after, we only have positive things to say about our experiences at EMV. The people were responsive, patient with questions, and lovely to communicate with (we worked with Abigail Schwab a lot, and adored her). Wine was delicious - plenty of options (rose was a personal fave). Agree with others- join the wine club for discounted cases; it was also fun to receive wine in the mail leading up to the wedding! Venue was a no-brainer...I've always loved EMV, but then I learned that they provide so much, which made our lives easier. It's also gorgeous, with options for inside and outside. Love the tasting room, verandas, ballroom with fireplaces, painted white brick, exposed ceiling beams... a truly romantic space. I got ready in the cottage (it was much bigger than I had originally pictured) and we stayed there the night-of; beautiful, quiet space -- loved being able to stay here. It also made it easy to visit the venue the next morning, see if we left anything there, and grab flowers. :) My only concern had been the distance from Cville where our guests were staying, but it was a non-issue. We arranged transportation for everyone; it's a straight-shot and easy. AND out guests raved about the venue! We felt the cost of the venue was really reasonable for what you get. In sum, EMV was everything we hoped it would be and more. It was the easiest wedding-related decision we had to make. We are incredibly grateful and glad that we had our wedding there. It was the happiest day of our lives; THANK YOU to everyone at EMV who contributed to the ease and joy of the day.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Irene

Irene Alexiu · Married on 11/23/2019

Once you see this venue, you cannot NOT book it

Picking EMV as our wedding venue was a no brainer. We came to EMV early on in our relationship and then Chris proposed here...so of course it had a special place in our hearts already! The venue is gorgeous to begin with...but then layer in the decor, florals, staff, service, wine, and THE FIREPLACES, and I can’t even begin to explain how this already amazing space truly transforms. The entire staff make it super easy to plan, coordinate, add, remove, really anything you need for your big day to be a success—starting with the preferred vendor packet they give you when you book them. This was the first place I started looking for vendors, having not used a wedding planner, and it was so helpful leading the way—especially since I live in DC and did not know any vendors in the Charlottesville area. You get a lot for your $$ here, with the venue providing a lot of the chairs, tables, decor, and general ambiance. Caterer has to be through their preferred list (but you have a good range of options and price points) and they do require a day of coordinator (we did this through the caterer and wasn’t an issue) and the wine has to be from EMV (duh!). Sara and team EMV—thank you for making our day so special and memorable—we cannot give you enough praise!!! Oh, and you 100% have to book the honeymoon cottage for as long as you can—pictures do not do it justice for how quaint, romantic, beautiful, PERFECT that little space is.

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Rutter · Married on 11/16/2019

Absolutely phenomenal. A dream!

Early Mountain Vineyards (EMV) was the first venue I looked at and I knew from that moment it was perfect! We had a small (75 person) wedding, but it had so much space that it did not feel empty, but could easily accommodate more. The food- AMAZING. The wine- AMAZING. The service from EMV- AMAZING. Their new chef is phenomenal and many of our friends and family complimented us on the service, wine, delicious food, and all around great experience. Our coordinator through the EMV, Sara, was a GODSEND (someone give that woman a Christmas bonus!). She was always responsive, always helpful, always kind- she made me feel like I was a friend she was helping, not a client. The modern amenities like the elevator made my grandparents happy and the ease of the entire weekend from staying on the property, to our rehearsal, to the wedding, made me a happy bride. There was never a moment I worried or had to stress. Even without a wedding planner, Sara and the EMV team made my wedding a dream. I can't recommend them more!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Kohan · Married on 09/22/2019

Stunningly gorgeous venue

Early Mountain Vineyards is an absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding at! We had our wedding here in Sept 2019 and guests are still raving about how stunningly gorgeous everything was - from the outdoor space where we had our ceremony in to the tasting room and terrace where we had our cocktail hour in to the Grand Hall where we had our reception in. There is also a bridal cottage that is PERFECT for getting ready (there are 3 bathrooms!) with one's bridesmaids and the couple gets to spend the night there on the wedding night.

Furthermore, the staff at Early Mountain are so great and easy to work with. We are SO happy that we had our wedding here!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 11/09/2018

The perfect venue

Early Mountain Vineyard was the first venue we toured and we knew right away it was the perfect fit for us. Virginia is full of beautiful vineyards but Early Mountain is the only venue that is just as beautiful inside as it is outside. It was so wonderful to not have to stress about the weather. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the wine is delicious and the cottage on the property is the cherry on top of this perfect venue. The chairs and lanterns that came with the venue rental saved us a lot of money on decor and centerpieces! My advice would be to make sure that you join their wine club before your wedding to get a discount on the wine. We ended up having to buy more wine than expected because even our non-wine drinkers were loving it!

Sent on 12/20/2018
  • MaryKate

Marykate Dalton · Married on 10/07/2018

Early Mountain is simply breathtaking!

Early Mountain Vineyards puts together a wonderful experience for the bride and groom and their guests. They worked closely with our other vendors to make our day magical! The tasting room and the ball room are simply breathtaking! They were very accommodating to all our needs and very quick to respond to emails and phone calls during the planning process! We loved working with them!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 08/03/2018

We knew almost immediately that Early Mountain was the right venue for us. The beautiful building is reminiscent of a castle and the grounds provide a beautiful mountain backdrop. We wanted to have an outdoor ceremony but also wanted to make sure we had a good indoor alternative in case of rain and the ballroom is a stunning room. We're so glad we kept this in mind because it poured on our wedding day but the ballroom was such a beautiful and romantic ceremony setting that it didn't put a damper on the day. Early Mountain was the perfect choice for our fairy tale wedding and we highly recommend it!

Sent on 08/18/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 07/27/2018

I cannot imagine a more perfect wedding venue than Early Mountain. From the first visit, to the wine tasting and final walk through, to everything the day of, the staff was so professional, responsive, and easy to work with. And the space is absolutely stunning. Our day was absolutely perfect - in large part to our pick of an absolutely flawless venue. The only thing I would warn you about is that their wine is somewhat pricey. However, we had no qualms about spending a lot of money on food and drink so it was not a big issue to us. If you want a beautiful venue that fits every need on your day - Early Mountain is where you should go. I am so glad we chose the as our wedding venue and can't wait to visit the beautiful tasting room in the future.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Cassandra · Married on 06/29/2018

We had our wedding at Early Mountain on Friday, June 29th 2018. Although we got married just recently, Early Mountain has been wonderful from Day 1, over one year ago. From the time we visited this *potential* venue, Early Mountain's staff and wedding coordinators were extremely helpful in planning and coordinating our big day and thoroughly answering the many questions we had when selecting our wedding locations. We couldn't be happier with Abby and Sara's extensive help throughout the whole process. I truly never waited more than 12 hours (and for the most part, less than that) for a response to my questions or comments regarding our event.
    As far as location, you really couldn't select a more beautiful site to host your guests, especially if they're coming from out of town, as the majority of our guests were. The location in itself is absolutely stunning, and gave guests a lot to talk about throughout the night and beyond. Then, the venue itself is dreamlike, and decorations only enhanced an already breathtaking site.
    Our experience with wine tasting to select our EMV wines was exquisite. Sara had a beautiful layout upon arrival, and I would say one of our most difficult decisions was selecting from their array of delicious wines. We ended up with 5 distinct selections, and everyone raved about how wonderful they were.
    I really could go on and on about how perfect our EMV event was. We cannot wait to visit as frequent patrons of the vineyard and to reminisce about our most perfect day there, with stunning views, friendly and prompt service, and exquisite wines. Thank you Early Mountain!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/03/2018

Early Mountain Vineyards is a gorgeous location for a wedding. We had a wedding 50 people and they provided catering. Our guests keep sending us compliments of the food!

Sara and Abby were extremely considerate of our needs and customised much of the wedding to us. They are a great team to work with which is important on your big day.

I can’t reccomend the venue, the food and the team at EMV enough. It was the best day ever at one of the best vineyards in Virginia.

Sent on 05/18/2018

Early Mountain Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Rachel! We absolutely loved working with you all to plan your big day!!

Caroline · Married on 03/24/2018

We got married in March 2018 at EMV and LOVED it. It was the perfect venue for us. The staff was incredible, easy to work with, and very responsive. If you are looking for an indoor wedding venue they have the most beautiful one in Virginia! They were accommodating, professional, and helpful. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Early Mountain Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback, Caroline! Your day was beautiful and so much fun, and we loved being a part of it!

Emily · Married on 05/27/2017

Our wedding at Early Mountain was wonderful. Aside from the beautiful venue and countryside, Early Mountain delivered on all of the practical things we wanted: a nice place on-site for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready (the bridal cottage), an equally nice place for the groom and groomsmen to prepare, and a seamless rain plan. It rained on our wedding day so we had the ceremony inside, and the setup was really beautiful. Throughout our planning process, the staff were very helpful, responsive and professional. The only challenge we encountered was transportation; Early Mountain is a good 45-minute drive from Charlottesville (longer on a bus), so our guests who stayed in Charlottesville had a pretty long shuttle ride each way. If you want to have room blocks in Charlottesville, that's something to consider. We also blocked rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Ruckersville, which is 20 minutes away and very nice. That's the option I would recommend to other couples.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Early Mountain Vineyards's reply:

Emily, thank you for your kind feedback! We adored the honor of hosting your special day. Please stay well!

Brittany · Married on 04/08/2017

Early Mountain is one of the most beautiful venues in VA. It was the only venue we looked at and we booked the next day. We loved the flexibility of choosing whether you want an indoor or outdoor ceremony and being able to change it at any time because you have the entire venue to yourself (they only do one wedding a day). This allowed us to monitor the weather and make a decision whenever we felt comfortable. We chose inside because we fell head over heels in love with the room (the stone floors, wooden mantles and medieval-esque light fixtures felt super romantic and kind of Game of Thrones in a good way). We also knew the vines wouldn't be ripe and the flowers probably wouldn't be in bloom in April (they weren't), so that helped make our decision as well.
    We lucked out because even though we chose to have our ceremony indoors, our cocktail hour opened up to a patio area overlooking the rolling hills, which let guests mingle outside and get the vineyard experience. Spring weather can be hit or miss, but we got sun and 68 degrees, and it was pure magic (the sunset was incredible).
    We worked with Taylor and Sara, who were both very quick to respond to our emails and answer questions about the venue, the weather, billing, etc.
    Another huge plus: We had the option of staying the night in the on-site cottage (where the bride gets ready pre-wedding), which we decided to do (it was included in the cost of the venue). SO glad we did! We woke up to sounds of birds chirping and sun shining on the vineyard. The decor is beautiful and it's the perfect place to spend your first night as husband and wife.
    We had the wedding of our dreams at Early Mountain and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Early Mountain Vineyards's reply:

Oh Brittany, you are so sweet! We adored working with you and hosting your joyous day. Wishing you and Mike all the best, please stay well!
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/16/2016

Working with Early Mountain was fantastic, simple, and worth every single penny. From booking to the planning process and through our wedding day, the staff at EMV was kind, responsive, and helpful. We worked with Taylor and she was fantastic. She answered all my random emails throughout our year of planning and was always available when we needed her or asked for her opinion. Beyond the amazing staff, EMV is a gorgeous venue. The rolling hills with views of the mountains in background make outdoor ceremonies a dream and inside, the existing decor is exquisite! The giant fireplaces, warm stone walls, and big draped windows are amazing. We are SO very happy that we chose Early Mountain Vineyard to host our wedding and can't wait to go back for a fun day at the vineyard!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Katie · Married on 09/17/2016

I cannot say enough about this venue! First of all, it is absolutely gorgeous... but the whole team was SO great all the way through with the planning process. They went out of their way countless times to not only make our day feel special, but they also made us feel at home everytime we came to visit. I would highly recommend them to anybody!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/26/2015

I absolutely LOVE Early Mountain Vineyards. We just got married there and I couldn't have asked for anything more. The staff was so responsive over email and answered any and all questions I had throughout the whole process. I was able to stay in the bridal cottage starting at 12 pm the Friday before my wedding which made everything so much easier. the cottage is great and the perfect space to get ready with your bridesmaids (including THREE bathrooms!).

We had a chance of rain on our wedding day but I wasn't even worried because EMV has such a great indoor space. In fact, that is one of the main reasons why we chose it. It is a gorgeous vineyard and all of our guests were raving about how beautiful the space was. We ended up having our ceremony and cocktail hour inside and it worked out perfectly. They have a huge kitchen for any catering company and most importantly, their wine is delicious! One of my guests even said "I don't usually like VA wine, but this is really good!"

I can't say enough good things about EMV. I am so so happy we chose to have our wedding there, it was perfect. If you are looking for a vineyard setting, it is definitely the best option in Charlottesville.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Brendan · Married on 08/01/2015

Early Mountain was the perfect venue for our wedding! The landscape is absolutely beautiful--the mountain backdrop, rolling hills, grape vines and beautiful landscaping. The EMV team was incredibly easy to work with and extremely accommodating from the moment that we first stepped into the tasting room. The interior event space was just as beautiful as the exterior, as it provided a great backdrop for us to be able to design our ideal layout. An added bonus to the venue was the fact that it had an easy yet still beautiful backup plan in place in case of inclement weather that wouldn't cost extra.

I can't possibly describe how happy my husband I were that we came across EMV during our search for venues.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Jenny · Married on 04/11/2015

Early Mountain was the only venue we visited - I fell in love with it when I saw it online and seeing it in person sealed the deal. It was perfect for us. We wanted to get married near the mountains, but within a reasonable distance to Northern VA where we live. The vineyard itself is stunning. Since we got married in April, we needed a venue that had a great indoor option in case of rain - the Event Hall at Early Mountain is exactly that. The combination of the medieval chandeliers, candlelight, and roaring fires (at any time of year) create such an amazing ambiance. We rented out the Tasting Room, which was great to have for the cocktail hour as well as a space for guests to sit and chat during the reception away from the music. The bridal cottage is also incredible - every last detail is perfectly done. It was such a lovely and relaxing space to get ready in with my bridesmaids on the day and my husband and I loved being able to go back to it that night. They even did a clean of the place, so you couldn't tell that 7 women had spent the day there! The guys got dressed in the lounge, which we later used as the kids' room. We put on a movie and had some games for them - they loved it as a break from the dancing!

The staff was a pleasure to work throughout the whole process. They were professional, approachable, and so helpful with all of my questions. We had a great experience working with Maggie and Nicolette. We saw Delores a couple of times too and she was wonderful as well, so it seems like you can't go wrong!

I really don't know what else to say - everything was perfect. The day was like a fairytale, full of warmth and love. We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the venue was we cannot agree more :-) We're members of the wine club now (if you join before the wedding, you get %15 off your wedding wine!) and we plan on taking frequent trips back to enjoy the wines and views.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Susan · Married on 03/28/2015

Early Mountain was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. Not only is the place beautiful, but Delores and the rest of the staff were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 04/09/2015

I can honestly say it was love at first sight when my fiancé and I visited Early Mountain VIneyard (EMV)! It was the first venue we looked at after getting engaged and, while we toured many other potential options in the Charlottesville, VA area, nothing came close to EMV. We were immediately blown away during our initial visit, beginning with the gorgeous tasting room when you walk in, followed by the breathtaking wedding event spaces. We wanted to get married in March and weather can be unpredictable, so our venue needed to have space to host the ceremony and reception indoors and the Event Hall at EMV was perfect for both. It actually snowed the Thursday before our wedding, and it didn't matter at all! There was ample space to host our 115 guests (majority of which traveled from South Florida) in a cozy, beautiful atmosphere that everyone absolutely LOVED! Some of our engaged friends actually told us they had “venue envy” after seeing EMV for the first time! And, access to the Bridal Cottage and Lounge/Library made our day that much better as the entire bridal party got to hang out and relax at the venue before the festivities began.

Aside from the quality and charm of the venue itself, the EMV staff was INCREDIBLE - we chose EMV more than a year in advance and Maggie (our Event Coordinator) was wonderful and super responsive the entire time. We also worked with Nicolette, who was also awesome, so no matter whom you work with at Early Mountain, you will be in good hands! EMV was the perfect setting for our perfect day and we could not have been happier with our choice. We loved it, our guests loved it, and our vendors loved it too! We are now members of the wine club and are planning to stay in the Bridal Cottage for our one-year anniversary. Needless to say, we are huge fans of EMV and could not have imagined getting married anywhere else!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Kelly · Married on 01/03/2015

I fell in love with EMV from the moment I pulled into the drive at this gorgeous venue. I had my winter wedding here and had the most wonderful experience! The staff (Maggie is the best!) is so helpful, professional and sweet. The wine is great, the grounds and spaces are so beautiful and unique and are the definition of a "wow factor". I stayed at the EMV cottage both the day before and night of my wedding and it made my experience so relaxing and special- my bridesmaids and I had so much fun getting ready there- it really is the perfect place to prep for a wedding and a romantic getaway to spend your first night married. Everyone at my wedding raved that EMV was the most beautiful venue they had ever seen and I couldnt agree more- I cannot wait to go back again!

Sent on 01/06/2015

My husband and I had a great experience with Early Mountain Vineyards. We did not have a wedding planner and they were such a help with organizing our event. Because of inclement weather, we had to move the ceremony indoors, but it looked lovely and no one could tell it was a last minute change. We worked primarily with Nicolette and she is so organized, calming and informative!

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • Y

Yemi · Married on 09/05/2014

EM is simply beautiful. All the guests enjoyed the view. Nicolette, Maggie & co were very helpful and responsive. We don't have any complaints. We'll definitely be back at EM just to escape from the city. Oh the bridal cottage is wonderful, fully furnished and convenient for a bride and her train.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/31/2014

There's so many great things to say about Early Mountain Vineyard! Our wedding day was like a fairy tale, it had the most beautiful view and atmosphere. Everything from the Great Lawn, Patio, Event Hall, Lounge and Bridal Cottage was absolutely gorgeous. The people there are amazing to work with. They were all super friendly and very accommodating which made our wedding planning experience memorable. We recommend Early Mountain Vineyard to anyone in search of a venue! If we had to do it over again, Early Mountain Vineyard would still be our number one choice.

Sent on 09/07/2014