Eaglewood Resort and Spa Reviews

35 | Itasca, IL

35 Reviews for Eaglewood Resort and Spa

Jeff · Married on 11/11/2017

Beautiful wedding venue! From the second we walked into the gorgeous lobby we just felt like it was the place for our wedding. Upon meeting Robb our wedding coordinator, it solidified our choice to book Eaglewood. Robb was so much fun to work with and had an incredible amount of excitement and energy. He was very quick to respond and accommodated us with every request. The day of our wedding we were nervous as everyone always says there will be things that do not go as planned. I must say, I have never seen or heard of any hotel/venue go to the lengths that Eaglewood did to make sure that my wife and I were happy with every aspect of our special day. There were things that didn’t go perfectly, but our Eaglewood Captain Margaret and the Banquet Manager Sydney bent over backwards to help us through our evening. It was very comforting knowing that the Eaglewood team was truly there to support us through every aspect of the night. My wife was having some issues getting the dressed bustled before the walk-ins, and while the bridesmaids were working to get her ready, our Captain Margaret was right there checking in, bringing her food, water, and anything else she needed. Throughout the night, she checked in and got us drinks, and was very patient during time of stress. The resort has a bar downstairs that is open until 2AM. Our reception ended at 10PM, and the bar downstairs kept our party going until we finally closed the place at around 2:30! That was a really nice aspect of our evening we didn’t really think about beforehand, but it was great to be able to have someplace right there to extend the evening.
    The resort is amazing. I cannot wait until our 1 year complementary anniversary stay so I can check out the golf course and some of its others amenities.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/02/2017

We had an incredible experience with Robb and the entire Eaglewood staff! We had several specific requests and Robb was more than willing to modify the packages to fit our vision. The staff was attentive, the food was excellent and we received numerous compliments on both the food, service, and overall venue.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Allison · Married on 07/15/2017

My experience of having my wedding at Eaglewood could not have been better! My ceremony was on the golf course followed by cocktail hour on the upstairs outdoor terrace and the reception in the tented pavillion. Everything was so beautiful and our guests can't stop raving about how AMAZING the food was! Every staff member we encountered was attentive, professional, and made sure they went above and beyond to make my day perfect. We worked with Michelle and couldn't have been happier with her from the start. I referred to her as my fairy god mother since anything I wanted or any question I asked got taken care of immediately. Everything about my wedding day ran smoothly and was completely perfect. I couldn't be happier with my choice of using Eaglewood!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Eaglewood Resort and Spa's reply:

Allison,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It truly means the world to us to hear your feedback.
    Lori LaPorte
    Director of Catering

Jason · Married on 09/17/2016

AMAZING VENUE!! We couldn't have ask for a better day at this stunning resort. From day one, Robb and Lori made us feel comfortable and guided us throughout our wedding planning period. They went above and beyond, not just on our wedding day but any time we contacted them with questions. While we were searching for wedding venues, we were running into having to have so many vendors and the price was getting steeper and steeper. With Eaglewood, the catering is in-house and with any of the wedding packages you choose, you will receive much more than you feel you pay for which was very nice. They were extremely detailed oriented and made our special day exceed our expectations. The pictures of the resort and their weddings made us interested in the location, but seeing the resort in person sealed the deal. What a great venue!!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Tiffany · Married on 07/23/2016

We recently had our wedding at the Eaglewood Resort & Spa, and it was wonderful! Robb was kind, helpful and patient from our very first meeting. He took his time, and made sure that we understood everything that was going on. We had our wedding ceremony on the golf course, and our reception in the Pavillon and both sites were great! The hotel staff, as well as the catering staff were also very friendly and helpful. It rained on the day of my wedding, but Robb and his staff made sure that our guests were taken care of, and had umbrellas ready. The food, drinks and cake were delicious. Everything went smoothly, and Robb is to thank for that! We look forward to returning the Eaglewood in the future :)

Sent on 08/09/2016

Meghan · Married on 12/19/2015

Eaglewood was the best part of my wedding experience by far! It was clean, beautiful, and the perfect place for a wedding. There are a lot of great places to take pictures, and my husband and I did a first look on the staircase (pictures turned out great!). Around Christmas time there's a giant tree in the lobby and lots of decorations all around the resort. The price is right as well! Everyone raved about the food, and the staff was incredibly nice! The coordinator is Robb, and he was the best. He answered all my annoying questions quickly, took the time out to make sure everything was perfect and to my liking, and made us laugh along the way. You won't regret having your wedding at Eaglewood.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Erin · Married on 12/12/2015

I am so happy we chose Eaglewood for our wedding reception.everything was exactly what I imagined and I wouldn't have changed a thing. We had our reception in the Red Oak Ballroom and the room was absolutely stunning and looked so elegant. We worked with Michelle Mazza who was fantastic. She answered all questions my husband and/or I had in a tindly manner and also offered suggestions and advice to ensure our reception was perfect. The food was delicious and our guests are still talking about how great the food was. It was nice to have the hotel connected and the accommodations were great. My parents and my husbands parents were upgraded to junior suited and since the hotel was not that full on the day of our wedding my sisters and my husbands brothers were also upgraded to junior suites.

Sent on 01/03/2016

I am so happy that I got married at Eaglewood Resort and Spa. Our original venue cancelled our wedding and switching to Eaglewood was a blessing! The staff was kind, welcoming, helpful, and very professional. The event coordinators were organized and quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. The ceremony and reception went smoothly and I was able to have the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Thank you for a great stay and beautiful suite for my wedding...the lobby and golf course proved for some beautiful photos! The entire staff was friendly and professional

Sent on 01/12/2015

Madeline · Married on 09/06/2014

Everything at Eaglewood from start to finish was top notch. When we chose Eaglewood we worked with Maureen Hecklesburg. Maureen was open, friendly, professional, and extremely helpful in getting us everything we wanted in our contract and answering every question we had. During the year before our wedding, Maureen left Eaglewood and our transition to our new planner, Michelle Mazza was entirely seamless. There were no problems and Michelle picked up right where Maureen left off. She was open and responsive and amazing to work with. The reservations manager Sarah Mabeley for our room block was also amazing to work with. She accommodated our every need and answered all emails and questions in a very timely manner. The wedding rate was extremely affordable for our guests and the rooms and everything at the hotel was just wonderful for our guests' stays. We held our wedding ceremony outside near the putting green; they only allow one outdoor ceremony so we had the entire space to ourselves. It's a beautiful green space and a perfect blank slate for you to make your own. Our reception was held in the pavilion and was just absolutely amazing and breathtaking. Even with other receptions going on at the same time it never even really registered. Eaglewood does a great job of stewarding everyone and is a well oiled machine. The pavilion was spacious and set up beautifully. The service from start to finish was perfect. The staff was quick and friendly. The presentation of all the dinner courses was absolutely superb. It was 5 star service. And the food was absolutely delicious! I honestly cannot rave more about our stay and our experience hosting our wedding at Eaglewood. Everything from the start of planning until we checked out of our suite on the Monday morning after our wedding was just absolutely perfect. If you are looking for a hotel or golf course wedding, this is the best one stop shop!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Megi · Married on 06/28/2014

We first visited the resort in December 2013. It was very important to me that our guests did not have to travel or have any spare time between events and also everyone who wanted to, especially the wedding party, could stay at the hotel right after the party, these were the criteria I used when searching for venues in our area. The location was perfect, lots of parking, attached hotel, beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright decor and of course a golf course! We met up with Michelle Mazza who was very helpful and gave us a tour of the venue showing us all of the different rooms we could choose depending on the size of our party, she gave us options on the packages we wanted to pick and let us know which dates in June were available. Over the weekend we saw a few more venues and decided that Eaglewood Resort was the perfect one for us. We wanted a one stop shop, which was exactly what Michelle was able to offer us. We had our rehearsal dinner at the bowling alley after a short review at the golf course, the day of the wedding we had a penthouse suite ready with beautiful views and plenty of space to get ready, I had my hair and make up done at the room and so did all of the bridesmaids. It was very easy to coordinate rooms for everyone in the bridal party. A few days before the wedding I dropped off all of the favors for the guest, goodie bags for the hotel rooms, signs, place cards, card box, etc... I left it all with Michelle and gave her simple instructions on where and how I wanted them to be placed. The ceremony started at 5 PM and it was immediately followed by a cocktail hour, which was also outside and then the reception. Everything went very smoothly and when I saw our ballroom I was in awe how beautiful it looked, it was absolutely stunning. Michelle made sure all the details were taken care of and I did not have to worry about a thing throughout the evening. Guests raved about the location, venue, drinks and especially the food! It was simply perfect!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Kelly · Married on 04/12/2014

In searching for a ceremony and reception location for our 350 guest wedding in March 2014, I visited about 20 different locations. As brides in my situation know, its not easy finding a large venue in the Chicagoland area with reasonable prices and a gorgeous atmosphere. But, the Eaglewood really has all of that. From the first day I went to visit the Eaglewood, I fell in love with it. It is such a warm, inviting, and beautiful location. I didn't think I could find that type of place away from my Rocky Mountain homeland. And that's exactly what I wanted for my wedding. The staff, and in particular, Robb Rybicki, were just fantastic. Robb made the entire planning process seamless and I knew I could trust him for all of the details on the big day. He also made our tasting such an enjoyable experience that my parents and in-laws keep talking about what an amazing, accommodating place the Eaglewood was. The food also turned out amazing, even with a buffet and for such a large crowd. I'd recommend this venue to anyone, for any wedding, large or small.

Sent on 10/30/2014
  • User3019316 · 2+ years ago

We had our wedding reception at Eaglewood and I could not be happier with how everything turned out! Robb was our wedding coordinator, and was amazing the entire time. He was always so quick to answer any e-mails or questions, and was so accommodating with everything. The night was absolutely perfect. The Eaglewood team had everything set up in a timely manner, and just the way we wanted it. The service all night was excellent, and I definitely felt taken care of. Not to mention, this place is beautiful with amazing views!

Sent on 11/04/2013
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 09/07/2013

We had a wonderful experience at Eaglewood. Amanda was our coordinate, and she was always quick to answer questions, accommodate requests, and even schedule a call/in-person meeting if needed. Everything went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/23/2013
  • User4609215 · event on 03/25/2013

My stay here was an amazing experience. We enjoyed the room as well as the amenities the resort had to offer.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Christina · Married on 10/29/2011

We recently had our wedding reception at Eaglewood and couldn't have been happier with everything. From the outstanding food and service, to the unbelievably accommodating and friendly staff - it was first class!!! Maureen at Eaglewood helped coordinate everything and we did not have to worry about a thing! We had over 80 hotel rooms booked, our reception, after party (yes... they helped us host an after party) and brunch the next day all at Eaglewood and everyone was raving about it. The venue is gorgeous, food is OUTSTANDING, and the scenery is absolutely perfect for a wedding -- especially if you want to get some pictures outside. I would 100% recommend Eaglewood to anyone.

Sent on 11/05/2011

We had a wonderful experience working with the staff at Eaglewood! The venue was beautiful--we were in the Pavilion. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for--great staff, delicious food, beautiful venue. The planning process was great with Michelle; she always responded to any of our concerns right away. I HIGHLY recommend this venue for an outdoor wedding, as it's gorgeous and we were able to easily transition from our outdoor ceremony to our cocktail hour on the terrace, and then back down to our reception in the Pavilion. Thanks to everything being in one location, my husband and I were even able to enjoy cocktail hour with our guests. As I mentioned the food is wonderful--Eaglewood provided a tasting that was unbelievable, but I was skeptical that the food would be that good at our event--my worries were unfounded, as the the guests raved about the food!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/17/2017

We were very happy with our choice of Eaglewood for our ceremony and reception. It was wonderful having everything take place in on spot! Loved working with Michelle, she was very responsive and always willing to help answer my hundreds of questions. It would be nice if they had gotten ahead a bit on some of the questions with some information ahead of time explaining some common items like what exactly they provide and how things will be set up, taken down, choices you need to make, etc. instead of having to figure it all out along the way. Everything went pretty well the day of the wedding. Some weather issues caused us some problems - but I would say Eaglewood (Michelle in particular) handled it all with grace. Beautiful resort and space to get married! If we had been able to do our ceremony outdoors as planned it would have been gorgeous (can't control the weather though!) The service throughout the night was wonderful - and the food was great, and that is something I will not say about most weddings I have attended. We also took advantage of Keglers - the bowling alley and bar on site and hosted our rehearsal dinner there. So much fun!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Love this place and all our guests did too! Stayed the night before and was accommodating for us in the morning of the wedding and after party. A Breeze from beginning to end.

Sent on 04/06/2015

We searched many venues for our wedding of over 250 guests and quite honest couldn't have been happier with Eaglewood. From the first visit to the morning after the wedding communication was great and Robb always had my parents and my fiancé and me at ease.
    We got married November 1 and really wanted and outdoor ceremony but were unsure of how thee weather would be. Robb did a fantastic job helping us and dealing with our decision a few days before hand.

All of our guests raved about all of the food. From the appetizers to the main course to the candy bar at the end of the night. Everyone was so accommodating and and we had over 40 rooms booked - each guest loved the resort.

I would highly recommend the resort for any type of gathering - especially a wedding and reception. It was great having it all in one place and such an easy transition. They give you so many options and are so flexible with it all.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Callen · Married on 09/26/2014

Choosing Eaglewood for my wedding location was the best decision I made! My husband and I got married on the golf course then had the reception in the pavilion, and our guests were so complimentary on the view during the ceremony! It was something different which is what my husband and I wanted. The staff was so amazing to work with as well! I planned my wedding with Robb Rybicki and he was the best! He always responded back on time and was very helpful throughout the whole process! Even the day of, the staff was always asking what they could do for me! My guests loved the venue and I would recommend it to anyone getting married!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Eaglewood was everything we wanted plus some! The event planner was always professional and great at reminding you when things needed to be done. The venue was clean and every single staff member we encountered was always willing to go above and beyond. From the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception site, everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/27/2014
  • Gaby

Gaby · Married on 09/10/2011

The location and amenities of this place are so beautiful! Also our wedding coordinator Maureen, made sure to help us have the most stress free planning and made it fun! The wedding ceremony in the golf course was beautiful, the reception and dinner were so good that our guests are still raving about it. I highly recommend this spot for your wedding if you want beautiful pictures and a great dinner reception and service. Couldn't be happier with our choice.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Casey · Married on 08/06/2011

We loved our venue! We had A LOT of guests coming from out of town, so we wanted a hotel for our reception venue to be guest friendly. The Eaglewood allowed us to have the hotel (with a reasonable guest rate, lots of amenities and free parking), but also made us feel like we were at a country club with the elegant, tasteful ballroom and golf course view. We worked with Maureen, who was great. She was less responsive initially, but when the time came was very attentive (I'm sure just prioritizing the sooner weddings). Food was fantastic, many compliments! They have a campaign parade, which the guests loved, and we chose to do a martini bar with ice sculpture at the cocktail hour, which was a HUGE hit! There is also a bar downstairs, which was open until 2AM with a bonfire, so the party never stopped! We did a brunch the morning after and that was extremely reasonable and tasty as well! Overall... A+++

Sent on 02/07/2013