Eager Eye Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Ethan
    Ethan C. Getting married on 05/01/2023

Amazing Experience Start to Finish

Rogier is a consummate professional! While I was initially a little hesitant because his cost for engagement photos was on the higher end, I can confidently say it was well worth it. From the start, he was incredibly responsive and never had to wait more than a few hours to hear back. I hadn't been to Acadia before and wasn't sure on the location, but Rogier made several excellent suggestions for me to research (I settled on Sand Beach). He was incredibly thorough helping me plan out the sequence of events and he was a pleasure to work with. Fun and personable, it's easy to be yourself around him, which is essential for great photos. He retouched and sent us the photos FAST and even threw in a few extra shots. I absolutely recommend Eager Eye for engagement shots, and would work with Rogier again in a heartbeat.
  • Daniel
    Daniel S. Getting married on 05/01/2023

Terrific Experience!!

Rogier was incredibly easy to work with and provided invaluable guidance as part of the planning process - the pictures turned out incredible and my fiance and I could not be happier with the overall experience! Highly recommend.
    Bryan P. Getting married on 03/08/2023

Rogier is great to work with!

I would highly recommend Rogier & Eager Eye for your Wedding or Engagement photography! Rogier is super responsive and flexible. I used him to take my Proposal pictures in Bar Harbor, ME when I proposed to my fiance. He was super helpful as someone who knows the area and very professional. He made the process easy and less stressful on me, since I had other things to worry about! Ultimately, he produced the pictures that same day to us and they came out excellent! If you are looking for someone to take amazing Wedding, Proposal, or Engagement pictures, give Rogier a call!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey L. Getting married on 08/13/2022

Beautiful Engagement Photos!!!

Rogier is a supper kind and creative photographer. We loved working with him for our engagement photos. He was open to any ideas we had and helped make all of our ideas come to life. The photos we got were above and beyond what we expected and we are going to cherish them for years to come! He truly helped to make this surprise engagement even more special with his creative eye and love of photography.
  • Peter
    Peter W. Getting married on 04/16/2022

Great Engagement Session!

My fiancée and I really enjoyed working with Rogier. He gave us exactly the right amount of guidance - we felt confident letting him worry about the poses and just got to relax and enjoy the moment. Very low-stress and lots of fun. He captured a great mix of candid photos and more structured shots, and the results were beautiful! Would highly recommend.
  • Judd
    Judd W. Married on 09/16/2021

Exactly what I wanted

Rogier had great suggestions for ideal spots for the engagement shoot. Settled on sand beach and it was perfect. He was exactly where and when he said he would be to sneakily follow my fiancé and I onto the beach and perfectly favorite our special moment. 10/10
  • mboutin27
    Monique Married on 08/14/2021

A Wedding Superhero

My husband and I were so lucky to meet Rogier the week before our August 2021 wedding- our original photographer had to cancel due to a funeral that would be on our wedding day, and by some miracle, the wedding that Rogier was supposed to shoot that day had also been cancelled and he was amazingly available! He immediately jumped on board with us, Life in Focus, and the rest of the team that made our wedding possible with such grace, flexibility, enthusiasm, passion, professionalism, good humor, and hard work that made it feel like he had been working with us for just as many years as the rest of our vendors. Rogier reached out promptly and thoughtfully, and was always responsive and generous in his communications. His thoughtfulness, kindness and patience from those first phone calls reassured us that everything would be amazing, and it certainly was-- something we know was no small feat that day! On our wedding day, it was hot and humid all day before thunderstorms during our ceremony that caused us to move our ceremony indoors inside a barn. Rogier worked hard to complete our shot list for our first look and photos with the wedding party and family outside before the ceremony, racing the approaching storm with calm and humor. He made this look easy and kept everyone laughing through what we know was a physically demanding task in the heat and humidity. He then tackled shooting our ceremony and reception inside the dark barn through the downpour, and shooting outside after it cleared and people wandered outside into the sun again. We are indebted to his flexibility, patience, and sense of humor throughout this marathon of a day- Rogier was such a pleasure to work with, and is such a lovely and wonderful person who not only made this day fun, but captured it so beautifully, we were truly amazed. He holds himself to high standards of excellence in his professionalism and quality of work, and we were surprised and so excited to receive many of the photos the very next day. They were stunning (our family and friends agree!), and we will certainly cherish them for the rest of our lives! We are so grateful.
  • Jake
    Jake A. Married on 08/08/2021

Rogier is a great photographer and person!

Rogier is great! His works speaks for itself but he’s personable, responsive and his knowledge of Acadia is second to none!
  • Shane
    Shane S. Married on 07/24/2021

Fantastic Wedding Photographer

From the beginning to the end, Rogier was very communicative and easy to plan with. The wedding photos came out better than we could have ever imagined and are among the best photos of our family. Further, Rogier was knowledgeable in getting us the best pictures possible. My wife and I highly recommend Eager Eye.
    Marie M. Married on 06/17/2021

Amazing!

Rogier is incredible!!! Our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful. I am not very comfortable being photographed and Rogier made the entire process effortless for me. Without a doubt, Rogier is the best wedding photographer available. Run, don't walk to book him. Pictures are the most valuable tangible item from the most special day in a couples life together.
    Anna B. Married on 06/08/2021

Amazing Photographer

Rogier is very detail oriented, responsive, professional, and personable. He crafted gorgeous photographs of our wedding and was easy to work with. We would recommend his services to others.
    Cindy B. Married on 06/05/2021

Excellent photography!

We are so happy with Eager Eye Photography! Rogier was a pleasure to have as our photographer. We decided to get married in Acadia National Park and relied on his expertise of the area to guide us with our location shoots and he did not disappoint! Rogier was very professional and prepared, and we are so happy with the final product!
  • Jenna
    Jenna B. Married on 05/22/2021

Wonderful surprise

Rogier is wonderful to work with! He worked with my boyfriend to plan a surprise proposal and offered ideas where to capture the moment. He was so quick to edit the photos because he knew we would want to announce the big news. The photos turned out so well!
  • Acadia
    Acadia Y. Married on 04/25/2021

Rogier is Top Notch!

After talking to Rogier on the phone for 2 minutes, we knew he was the right person to shoot our wedding! Not only is he an incredible photographer, but a great person. He was punctual, professional, transparent and FUN. We would certainly recommend Rogier to anyone in the area looking for a wedding photog and we're even going to use him for a future shoot of our business! Thank you again my friend!
    Susan R. Married on 04/10/2021

A Photographic Artist

Let's just start with...if you are considering another photographer to capture your special occasion--whatever it may be, just drop everyone else and go with Rogier. He's not a photographer, he's an artist. So many things to love about working with Rogier: he's organized & professional, he's subtle, he's flexible, he's relaxed yet focused, but perhaps most of all, I think I put my finger on why his business is called Eager Eye. I honestly cannot stop clicking through the photos he took of our intimate wedding because he captured all of the beautiful nuance to our day--the subtle looks/moments that allowed us to relive our day like we were viewing from a balcony. Rogier is smart, worldly and motivated to deliver to the highest standards because...he truly understands your special day is a one shot deal. If he were a NYC-based photographer he'd be untouchable. Thank you, Rogier. We were so fortunate you were our Eager Eye on our day.
    B Ray Married on 04/03/2021

Beautiful Work

Rogier exceeded our expectations with quality and quantity of photos and exceeded our expectations on timely delivery of photos as well. Our event was on a Saturday and we had our beautifully completed photos by Tuesday. We like the style of capturing the story of the day and Rogier captured many many special moments that we will cherish for a lifetime. We have already booked him for a second event next year!
  • Brittany
    Brittany M. Married on 10/04/2020

Amazing Photographer!

We recently did an engagement shoot with Rogier and it was absolutely amazing! We got the photos back very quickly and are over the moon about them. He takes amazing pictures and the best part was how easy it was! He coached us through the whole shoot, giving recommendations and making the whole experience very smooth. I highly recommend Eager Eye Photography!!!
  • Hunter
    Hunter S. Married on 09/06/2020

Cadillac Mountain Engagement

Choosing Eager Eye Photography was the best decision I could have made for our engagement! My (now) fiancé and I were traveling to Acadia National Park for the first time and Rogier was able to tell me about great locations in the park, offer recommendations, and even remain flexible with scheduling around weather changes. Most importantly though, the photographs he produced were wonderful and I can't recommend his work enough!
  • Ian
    Ian &. Married on 10/19/2019

Capturing the Moment

From the moment we saw his samples we were excited to work the Rogier. Our relationship developed through engagement photos and conversation so that we were on the same page on the big day. Rogier captured moments big and small, and his professionalism and sense of fun made even the big group shots feel spontaneous. A special shout out to Soubanh Phantha, his associate. It the end he provided us with more photos and beat the deadline by a couple of weeks. We couldn't have asked for anything more!
    Kelsey Married on 08/24/2019
    Rogier was amazing! We were in from out of town and he gave us some great ideas on where to go. He was able to send us our engagement photos the same day we took them! Great attitude and a very fun person. We definitely recommend him!
  • Madeline
    Madeline C. Married on 08/11/2019

No words can really describe how impressed i am

Rogier with Eager Eye Photography came highly recommended to me from the Bar Harbor Inn. I could not be happier with him. First, he is one of the most reasonably priced photographers in the area. He was also the only photographer I contacted out of around ten that was flexible and willing to only come for a few hours and take pictures during the ceremony. Most importantly, he was extremely fun to work with, took absolutely STUNNING pictures and made them available the next day. He also offered more pictures than specified in our contract. I would absolutely recommend Rogier to anyone. Far exceeded my high expectations. And when I say stunning pictures I mean it. They truly took my breath away. I also wanted to remake that it was a really windy that day, yet not a single picture had everyones hair blowing around in their faces.
    Brian T. Married on 06/15/2019

A treasure for a lifetime

Rogier’s professionalism, planning, communication, creativity, and light and camera skills made capturing our wedding (even on short notice) an effortless endeavor. The resultant album, which we received in no time, enables us to joyfully relive the best day of our lives time and time again and to share the experience with all our friends and family. For all of this and much more, we are grateful and thankful and would highly recommend his services to any other couples choosing among photographers in the Bar Harbor area.
    Daniel C. Married on 04/27/2019

Engagement

I highly recommend eager eye. During my proposal it began raining. He was so accommodating and offered to capture some pictures and to finish the photo shoot the following day. We received the photos in a timely manor and they came out great!
  • Tom
    Tom M. Married on 04/10/2019

Proposal atop Cadillac: 5 Stars All the Way

Starting with the initial inquiry all the way through receiving the photos, Rogier was simply amazing. Rogier shot my proposal to my now fiancé atop Cadillac Mountain and I cannot say enough good things about him or his work. Rogier was extremely accommodating with the secretive plan to capture this special moment and where photos would be taken. We moved from off of Cadillac Mountain and down to Sand Beach (where Rogier brought lighting equipment and multiple cameras) for additional photos. The absolute best part of working with Rogier was how quickly he turned around the photos. Initially he told us that they would be ready for viewing in a couple of weeks (which we were completely fine with). Then, that SAME NIGHT Rogier texted me and alerted me that he had worked to complete our photos! Having this photos so quickly after the proposal made announcing our engagement all the more special. I cannot recommend Rogier enough and would certainly hire him for any event requiring photography. Thank you again Rogier!!!
    Joe M. Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing experience

Rogier was very professional and adaptable photographer. He knew his equipment very well that captured our amazing photographs in Acadia National Park.