E.leise photo Reviews

E.leise photo 7
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing photographer!

Erik did an incredible job as our photographer for our wedding in September 2018; hiring him was one of the best decisions that we made. Erik is extremely talented, hardworking, professional, and reliable. Plus, he’s personable and a lot of fun! We had him take engagement photos in addition to our wedding photos and they all turned out beautifully. Because our wedding was in Charlottesville and he is based out of Richmond, he even offered to meet us at our venue a few months before the wedding so he could scope out shot locations. He really went the extra mile for us and we felt like we were in capable hands throughout the entire planning process and on our wedding day.

Erik caught every detail of our wedding day without being obtrusive. His demeanor and style puts you at ease and allows him to capture gorgeous, natural photos. I’ve loved going back and looking at our wedding photos over and over again; it’s like I’m reliving the day each time I view them! Erik is also very budget-friendly and his pricing includes unlimited time on your wedding day. So many of our guests even commented on how amazing he was at our reception. You cannot go wrong by hiring Erik!

E.leise photo 8
    E.leise photo 9
    E.leise photo 10
    E.leise photo 11
    E.leise photo 12
    E.leise photo 13
    E.leise photo 14

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2018

Erik did an absolutely amazing job for our september wedding! My husband and I planned our wedding while thousands of miles away from each other and Erik was super accomodating! There was never an issue of service and he truly does an absolutely amazing job. Very laid back and makes you feel so relaxed on a day that is bound to be anxiety filled! He took STUNNING photos and captured memories I didnt even know I had missed on. Highly recommend!!!
    Thank you Erik for being apart of our most special day, your dedication and loving touch definitely helped to make the most perfect day. <3

E.leise photo 15
    E.leise photo 16

Sara · Married on 04/14/2018

Eric was absolutely amazing. The pictures were incredible and he was wonderful to work with. I would HIGHLY recommend him. Pictures were the top of my importance list for our wedding and Eric got all the shots I could have imagined and more!

Krystal · Married on 03/31/2018

Erik is incredible!!!! He was easily my favorite vendor to work with and the best choice we made about our wedding day. He took the time to get to know us, our vision, and totally exceed our expectations. His laid back, unflappable disposition helped keep both my husband and I at ease during the craziness of our wedding day. It’s so nice, and yet rare, to hire a professional that is so down to earth and easy to talk to. His attention to detail and personality are just the beginning, though. He had our photos to us within one week of our wedding and they are breathtaking. I feel like we get to relive our wedding day each time we look at them. We’re so thankful for all of the memories he captured and highly recommend Erik Leise!

E.leise photo 17
    E.leise photo 18
    E.leise photo 19

Ashley · Married on 11/18/2017

I cannot say enough kind things about Erik! He was easily my favorite vendor. From the first meeting, he was friendly, warm, and personable. He is very budget friendly and gives you access to all of your photos without extra cost.

He was very responsive to emails and very flexible with any changes. He took our engagement photos too and had them ready for us in about 48 hours.

On the wedding day, he knew exactly where to be and when. He was never in the way, but managed to capture every moment. He helped deliver cards, pick up deliveries, and tie ties.

Overall, I would recommend Erik over and over again. You can’t go wrong with him!

Rachael · Married on 11/12/2017

Deciding on a wedding photographer is a BIG deal! You want a detailed oriented, attentive photographer who you can work easily with, and who will truly capture your wedding day! We could not have been more pleased with Erik and his services! My husband and I were married on November 12, 2017, in Dulles, VA, and Erik drove all the way up from Richmond to offer his services at our wedding/reception. Erik is so responsive, and very easy to speak with. He makes you feel very comfortable, and almost like family! He arrived early the day of our wedding, and stayed late! He really has a magical way of taking pictures without you even realizing he is there! Of course, he took the specific pictures we asked him to (bride/groom, family pictures, etc), but throughout the day and night he took so many awesome candid shots that we saw later when all the photos were uploaded. I really wanted a photographer that took more than the cookie-cutter wedding shots, and Erik nailed it! We have so many great candid shots of everyone from our wedding...our guests (and us) have real smiles captured in the moment, without even realizing a picture was being taken. My husband and I are not super photogenic, but I feel like Erik took the best pictures ever! Even my husband commented on how awesome all of the pictures turned out. You will not be disappointed if you hire Erik! I am so happy, and forever grateful, that we did! We have wonderfully beautiful pictures that we will hold on to forever! THANK YOU, ERIK!

E.leise photo 20
    E.leise photo 21
    E.leise photo 22
    E.leise photo 23
    E.leise photo 24

Tara · Married on 11/11/2017

Erik as an amazing photographer. My husband and I knew right away when we sat down with him that he was the right photographer for us. He is incredibly genuine and personable, and has an amazing portfolio. We felt so comfortable with him from the get go. We did our engagement photos with him and they came out perfectly, but nothing compares to how beautifully our wedding photos came out. Erik converted about half to black and white and left the rest in color, but with the option to switch anything we wanted back to color (or vice versa). He chose all the right ones to convert and we are so happy with all of our pictures. One thing he does that no other photographer I know does is go to the rehearsal which was great because he got familiar with the wedding party and family and we got pictures from the rehearsal which was amazing. He takes a ton of candid pictures which allows us to really feel like we are reliving our wedding when we look at them. I can't say enough good things about him. Additionally, we were sort of all over the place during the wedding and he was super patient and funny the whole time. I cannot recommend him more.

E.leise photo 25
    E.leise photo 26
    E.leise photo 27

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2017

Erik was absolutely amazing to work with! He was very fast to respond to my questions leading up to the wedding, willing to meet at my venue months prior to the wedding, and offered unlimited time for the rehearsal and wedding day. Additionally, Erik provided me with a link to the wedding pictures within a few weeks after the wedding, which took forever to view because he took so many - the candid shots were absolutely beautiful and I feel like I get to relive my wedding every time I look at my pictures!! Needless to say I would definitely recommend Erik Leise!

Ally · Married on 06/03/2017

Holy cow. I seriously don't know what we would have done without Erik as our wedding photographer. If we had to pick the single best choice we made about our wedding- Erik is by far it. First off we could not believe his rate. Secondly he went above and beyond on our wedding day- he's extremely professional and knows what he's doing and knows so much about weddings in general- more than any of our vendors and even our coordinator. I'm not sure what we would have done without him throughout the whole day. We loved getting to know him for our engagement shots (which were almost as incredible as our wedding photos). Can't get over the photos he captured on our day and you get all the photos at the end of the day which is great. We booked him almost two years in advance which felt silly at the time but now I totally get it. Seriously the best in every way. We also learned we knew some other couples who had used him for their wedding and their experienced echoed ours to a T!!

Laura · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Erik! He was flexible, helpful, professional, and creative. He did an amazing job capturing our big day! The pictures are absolutely beautiful. He also did our engagement photos and wedding rehearsal and dinner, He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera during the photo sessions. Then when it came time for the reception he was like a ninja with a camera, it was like he wasn't there but he took hundreds of photos of our family and friends enjoying the wedding with us. I am so thankful to Erik and the memories he was able to capture for us.

Bridgett · Married on 05/06/2017

Erik is awesome! When we met, he was extremely professional and asked questions about our vision for our day. He showed me examples of the types of photos I was interested in, and I was sold. He is experienced, friendly, and extremely hardworking. He never missed a single expression or detail. He is very experienced in the wedding industry as he was able to talk with me on prioritizing my photo list in a way that was professional; I truly valued his opinion and trusted his suggestions. He does not take his role lightly, we even received our finished photos 2 weeks after our wedding! Erik- thank you for all of your hard work and for our photos that will be treasured for years on end.

Bridgett · Married on 05/06/2017

Erik was awesome! He was so professional and truly interested in our vision for our wedding photos. He is well seasoned in the wedding industry and has a way of keeping you calm throughout the whole process. Erik is extremely creative and has an eye for each photo. I was married on a family friend's property where I pretty much grew up, and he found a spot that I had never been to, and took the most beautiful portraits. With Erik, I didn't worry about a thing. He returned our final photos in no time at all. Thank you Erik for taking the most beautiful photos that our family will cherish for years to come.

Kayla · Married on 04/29/2017

Erick is amazing! He did the photos for my brothers wedding so I knew his quality of work before hand. He is so efficient making sure to get all the photos on the list you want but doing so in a timely manner. Even with our timeline having to be changed around some the day of he worked with us so well and captured every moment. You get your photos back to quickly and he gives you every photo you could ever imagine. amazing candids of the night on the dance floor to remember the big night. Recommend him to everyone! Just perfect to work with!!

Chelsea · Married on 04/08/2017

Erik was an amazing wedding photographer to work with. We had him do both our engagement shoot as well as our actual big day. In each experience, he was very accommodating and made great suggestions. Overall, we would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!

Rachel · Married on 03/17/2017

If I had to give a MVP for our wedding it would be Erik! I wouldn't have guessed that the photographer would be so involved in the days events and making sure the timeline was moving along throughout the day but Erik was there every step of the way and kept me informed about who arrived, weather updates, who was still getting ready, what family members needed pictures, etc. He was so kind and thoughtful and captured all of our special moments without intrusion; no one noticed he was there! (In the nicest way, Erik). He was top-notch and we were so pleased with his services!!!

Adrienne · Married on 12/17/2016

Erik was a phenomenal wedding photographer and we loved the unique and creative pictures he took for us! Meeting with Erik initially, I was completely relieved at how organized he was and the great questions he asked. He really wanted to know the important pieces of the wedding so he could make sure to capture them. Actually, there was one small thing (the name of a street corner next to our venue, which happens to be my husband's last name) that I only mentioned once at that initial meeting that Erik remembered and made sure to capture on the wedding day. Erik showed up at the rehearsal (at no extra charge) and took wonderful pictures of that and also a lot of notes on the layout of the venue and the order of the events. He showed up the day of the wedding and just went over his list of everything for me, which made me really happy and took away any stress I had about the day - I knew Erik had it covered and would capture all the moments that mattered to us. He is also extremely efficient, which was hugely important to me. I wanted our family and wedding party to be able to enjoy the cocktail hour and the reception without taking pictures forever. Erik was so organized that he had already planned out the pictures in the most efficient order and had everyone in place really quickly, so the staged pictures took almost no time at all. When we were taking the pictures of just me and my husband, Erik found this really cool side street to capture the moment, with really unbelievable back-lighting that made the photos look so unique and special. Another thing we really loved would be the candid pictures he captured at the reception - the pictures came back exactly as we remember the night, filled with fun, dancing, laughter and love. I really couldn't have asked for anything more from a vendor and my husband and I agree that Erik was by far our favorite vendor of the whole wedding! I would highly recommend him to anyone!

• W

Whitney · Married on 11/26/2016

Erik was by far our favorite vendor we had for our wedding. He was flexible, efficient, and friendly to work with. He kept things flowing and took pictures as quickly as possible so that we could spend time with our wedding guests, which was most important to us. His lighting perspective makes the pictures unique. He was able to capture pictures of almost every person at our wedding and captured unforgettable moments. We highly recommend him!!!!

Celeste · Married on 11/05/2016

Erik did an outstanding job from the beginning to the end of our daughter's wedding. He had an excellent plan for capturing everything that was happening throughout the day and is expert at handling the logistics of working with so many people to get the photos that he wants. I love the artistry that comes through in his photography. While many photographers limit the time that they stay at the event, Erik was there from beginning to end. He covered so much territory, that it seemed that there had to be more than one of him! I couldn't be happier with the photographs that Erik provided.

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

Erik was our favorite vendor by far. My husband and I shopped around for photographers for a long time before finding the perfect one. When we found Erik we knew he was something special. He drove an hour to Charlottesville to meet with us for the initial visit. After the first ten minutes with him we were completely sold. Erik did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and our wedding photos - all of them stunning. He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and kept all the photo sessions light hearted and fun.

Erik not only attended the rehearsal, but also spent nine hours with us on our wedding day. He showed up with a smiling face and was quick to calm my nerves. He had a list of all the shots he wanted to get, helped plan our morning, and made sure we kept the timeline throughout the day, all while not rushing us or causing stress. We had a large and rowdy wedding party (8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen) and Erik did an excellent job at commanding the group; he helped focus everyone without stifling the fun and laughter. As a cherry on top, Erik is also excellent at doing all the small random tasks you don't always know how to do - placing a veil, fluffing the train of my dress, etc. Erik was truly amazing and was the essential part that made our wedding day run so smoothly. We received compliments on him all night long from our guests who were so impressed by his nimble skills and genuine personality.

• Bryant & Karen

Karen · Married on 10/09/2016

Erik was a dream to work with. He captured every special moment and more from our wedding. The day was a total blur and when I received our pictures, it was like I was reliving our wedding day all over again. He is absolutely amazing and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He is professional, personable, extremely easy to work with, and he captures the most incredible moments without even knowing that he is there. We also love how he gives us the rights to all of our images on a very reasonable budget. We are more than happy that we chose him to be our wedding photographer.

Taylor · Married on 10/08/2016

Erik is absolutely amazing! He made us feel very comfortable throughout the process (I HATE having my picture taken) and did an amazing job of being there and capturing everything we wanted without distracting from anything. The final pictures were awesome. Cannot possibly imagine how you could find a better photographer or have a better experience!

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2016

Erik is incredible! My wedding planner recommended him and she was spot on! My fiancé and I live out of state and didn't met Erik until the rehearsal. He was so friendly and jumped right in to introducing himself to our family and snapping pictures. Erik reviewed the photo ideas my planner had sent him and his experience at our venue (Libby Hill park) gave us so many great photo options! He gave us the perfect balance with directing us for certain pictures and just letting us do our own silly thing. The day of the wedding he was there from prep to the last dance. It felt like he captured every moment! The moments we wanted a pic immediately, he was right there, like he knew :) Our wedding was October 7 and we had 1700+ photos 3 weeks later and they were perfection! He really did capture everything. I felt like I was reliving the day looking through them all. I got to see all the parts I missed, like my husband getting ready and friends and family meeting for the first time. I had so many of my friends and family tell me the next day that our photographer was great, professional, and so nice to be around, like he was just one of the guests. Once everyone saw the pictures they raved about how exceptional his work was. The experience, the price and the quality were absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much Erik!

Erin · Married on 09/10/2016

Erik was amazing to work with! He did our engagement pictures as well as our wedding pictures, and we were beyond thrilled with both! His attention to detail is truly amazing, and we are so grateful he was able to not only capture our formal portraits, but beautiful candids as well. I cannot thank him enough for capturing such special moments. He always kept us comfortable and laughing the whole time! Anyone looking for a personable photographer to capture some of life's important moments, he's your guy.

K · Married on 09/03/2016

Erik was hands down the best vendor we booked for our wedding. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, he was responsive and helpful. He answered emails so quickly and helped us find other vendors that we hadn't booked yet.

He comes to both the rehearsal and is there unlimited hours on the wedding day. I'm convinced that he is the entire reason our wedding day ran as smooth as it did. He came up with great ideas for portrait locations and was there throughout the entire day, coordinating with my wedding planner to keep everything on track and on time. If you think you need to hire a second photographer to capture everything that is happening, Erik proves that wrong easily. I'm still not sure how, but anytime anything was happening, he was there capturing it. It wasn't in an obtrusive way either. He blended in with the whole party very organically.

Also, as someone who is somewhat impatient, especially when standing in one position for long periods of time, Erik made the whole portrait process very easy and painless. I'm still amazed at how quickly he knocked out all of the pictures with my family, who are as easy to coordinate as herding cats. Erik was absolutely amazing.

To top it all off, we got our wedding pictures back within 2 1/2 weeks and I couldn't be more excited about them. All 2200+ of them. He has a real eye for candids and the dancing photos from the reception are some of the best I've seen from any wedding. He also managed to get at least one picture of every single guest that attended the wedding.

The last thing I'll add is an email I got from my notoriously picky Grandma after she went through the picture gallery.
    "thanks for sending!!!.....I looked at them all...loved them all....not a bad picture among them....great photographer!!!!....
    .....great pictures!!...especially great people to take pics of....
    ....love ya’ both....Grandma"