39 Reviews for E & J Dry Cleaners

2.3
39 E & J Dry Cleaners Reviews

0.5

This dry cleaner destroyed my best friends wedding dress. I was with her every step of the way when she bought this gown. She and her husband struggled to buy her this dress! I saw it the day it came back from the cleaner and I could not believe what this cleaner did to her dress. And then they lie to them saying they will fix it and don't follow through. This is disgusting. Do not use this cleaner...it looks like they do this all the time to their customers...Shame on you!!!

Profile Picture Cindy, 3/4/17, 1 Review
0.5

This dry cleaner damaged my sister in laws wedding dress. The owners have treated her terribly. They do not care that they have destroyed her dress. These people should never handle wedding dresses!

Profile Picture Lucas , 3/4/17, 1 Review
0.5

This dry cleaner took a friends wedding dress and sent it back to her destroyed! What type of company does such a thing? Shame on you!!!

Profile Picture User7909187, Recently Married, 1 Review
0.5

I just got my dress back and it is destroyed!!! Beading ruined and lace has wholes throughout....This is a nightmare...Do not us this company...

Profile Picture User7829554, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

As stated by multiple other; the dry cleaner also damaged my wedding dress...

Profile Picture User7919747, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

Most horrible experience for my girlfriend. Her dress was returned destroyed by the company. Owners are awful human beings; no one should so business with these awful people.

Profile Picture Valerie, 1/7/17, 1 Review
0.5

I have had a similar experience. Terry the owner does not make any attempts to fix the problems he has made. So sorry to hear this is happening to others. I trusted this company as well and they have wronged me. Thanks for the advice; will be looking into BBB.

Profile Picture User7961380, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

This cleaner took my dress and threw it in a washing machine and dryer. Returned completely destroyed!!

Profile Picture kelly, 12/10/16, 1 Review
0.5

Brides if you cherish your dress think twice. We are real people and this really sad.
They destroyed my wifes wedding dress. They sent it back in one of their dress boxes, it was filthy, rolled up in a ball, and was majorly damaged. She was devastated!! Terry seemed sympathetic at first, but has since ignored our calls and emails. They kept our money for the "white glove" treatment, when in fact they caused a tragedy.
It's been more than two weeks since we have heard from them. We have been dealing with this since early January.
Come Terry and Dameon do the right the thing!!!

Profile Picture Siil, 12/3/16, 1 Review
0.5

This company destroyed my wedding dress!! Now we have to file a lawsuit against them because they are ignoring us and actually hanging up on us!!!

Profile Picture User7825071, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

This dry cleaner damaged my sisters wedding dress. They are ignoring her now and although said they would refund her have not followed through on their promise! Do not send your wedding dress to this company!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/3/16, 1 Review
0.5

This vendor has lied to my sister in laws family. She shipped her dress to them based on internet advertisements and reviews and when it was returned to her it was completely damaged. They said they would refund her and pay for the cost to repair the damage to the dress and they haven't. Now they are hanging up on the phone on them! Completely unacceptable....

Profile Picture User7841470, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

Do not use this vendor for your wedding dress. This company ruined my sisters wedding dress...they now are avoiding she and her husband. Horrible situation and so sad they have had to deal with these people.

Profile Picture Lindsy, 12/3/16, 1 Review
0.5

If I could give this company a 0 score I would. The ruined my best girlfriends wedding dress and lied to her saying they would fix it and never did...do not send you wedding dress or any clothing to this company!

Profile Picture Tricia, 12/3/16, 1 Review
0.5

Unfortunately this dry cleaner has ruined my friends wedding dress! It is such a shame and they have done nothing to fix the situation. Do not do service with business owners like this...

Profile Picture User7887263, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

I spent thousands of dollars on my wedding dress to have it ruined by this company. It is absolutely devastating and the owner took responsibility and then stopped communicating with my husband and I. Hangs up the phone on us when we call.

Profile Picture User7966800, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

Not a good experience...very similar to what others are saying and nonexistent customer service

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/8/16, 1 Review
0.5

I cannot believe this dry cleaner has been able to stay in business ruining wedding dresses! This is despicable and I am so saddened to hear the other stories. I was hoping I was the only one but now it looks as though this man Terry is truly an awful human being...Shame on you Terry; well we have a lawsuit pending so we will let all the others know how to also file against this company because they cannot do this anymore!!!!

Profile Picture User7829580, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

DO NOT send your dress here! I purchased a groupon almost 6 months ago and they LOST MY DRESS! No response, they never call me back, and they haven't offered to reimburse me for the service. Just terrible. To the owner: I am a very nice person, but you have poorly treated me and after 6 months of waiting for a resolution and no response from you I have to write this honest review! You lost my dress...that is one thing that can be forgiven. But ignoring me and stealing my money is an issue that I cannot forget. This is poor business!

Profile Picture Eleni, 8/20/16, 1 Review
1.6

Am I not using the same cleaner as other posters?

My dress arrived in the mail today still covered in stains and haphazardly thrown into a beat up box that was falling apart. It was wadded up in a ball.

The owner is never in for my to speak to.

You get what you pay for. Now I have to eat the cost and go elsewhere. Complete waste of time and money.

Profile Picture User7533944, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

For any of you that are in the same boat as me and for which this dry cleaner ruined your wedding dress (which it appears there are quite a few); make a formal complaint with BBB! This will help to get this mans company off websites such as wedding wire and the KNOT and allow the government to know what an awful company this is!

Profile Picture Margot , 8/6/16, 1 Review
0.5

Awful; I have the same complaint as others. Cannot believe these people are in business! We just contacted BBB; thanks for the help!

Profile Picture User7884433, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

I cannot believe this company is permitted to do service on wedding dresses. It seems as all they do is throw the dress in a washing machine. Everything they describe they do; they do not. Do not send your wedding dress to these people.

Profile Picture User7858515, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

The ivory silk satin wedding gown we had drycleaned with E & J looks like it is ruined. We didn't open the preservation box when we first received it back, but through the plastic it looked very wrinkled and a different color. Upon calling the vendor they said they could dryclean it again, although we were hesitant. We didn't open the box to inspect more carefully until we personally dropped it off (rather than using the offered UPS pickup) so we couldn't be accused of doing something to it ourselves to harm it. It looked & felt worse than suspected, feeling somewhat like crepe paper & the fibers appearing to be breaking down. They cleaned it again & I wanted to pick it up myself to inspect before they put it in the box. We live 1+ hr. away but were in the Twin Cities twice within a few days and the first time we attempted to pick it up (when they knew we were coming to pick it up but they failed to call & inform us it wasn't done) we were told by Terry, the owner, it wasn't ready or even on-site to inspect. We were told it would be ready 2 days later when we'd be in the cities again, but again it wasn't done. Terry said he'd personally deliver it the next week at a specific time, but he never showed, called before or even after to explain. The dress was "thrown in" a box, shipped to us UPS, and arrived very wrinkled and with a stain on the front yet that we hadn't even seen when we initially sent it. We don't know there's any recourse after they probably have ruined the dress. I'm shocked at the number of positive reviews, but be very cautious when using this company since besides poor service their communication is non-existent.

Profile Picture User7761161, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress went through a lot of heat and walking during the reception. My dress got really dirty and was worried about it when we got home for the preservation. I went back to the bridal shop I purchased my dress from and they said no doubt to use E & J Dry Cleaners they have been around for a long time and did great work. So I trusted them and took it in. I can't believe I was worried, I had nothing to worry about. You guys did a fantastic job and the turnaround time was wonderful!!! Keep up the great job.

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/15/15, 4 Reviews