30 Reviews for Dynamite DJs

One Event Per Day (7)
Uplighting (2)
Disco Ball (1)
30 Dynamite DJs Reviews

Joe was amazing! My now husband and I picked out most of our music. He played it all and really read the crowd. I've gotten so many compliments from guests that say the music was perfect! Thanks Joe!!

Profile Picture Madison, 6/9/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones

We hired Joe as our DJ. He did an outstanding job. He played the ceremony music and the reception music. He played what I requested, made appropriate choices for guest requests (we had kids there), and personalized everything that I asked for. I was very pleased with his professionalism. He knows what he's doing.

Profile Picture Theresa, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List
4.3

Jerry was great to work with and the music at our wedding was awesome!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Jerry was amazing! Dynamite DJs was so easy to work with, communicated quickly and accommodated all of our requests! The sound system was amazing and our families and friends had the best time! Would definitely recommend this company - they were wonderful!!

Profile Picture Tatiana, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jerry from Dynamite DJs was amazing. Our wedding night had an untraditional schedule, and we had very specific instructions for the songs that we chose. We also had a last minute change to the father-daughter dance. Jerry did not miss a beat. He went the extra mile every step of the way. One of my favorite moments of the night was when he heard my father mention my husband's love for Penn State in his speech, and he played the Penn State fight song immediately after. I got married in October 2016, and my friends still talk about how great the music was at my wedding. I cannot recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Katie , 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joe was incredible! This was the easiest choice to make when it came to picking our wedding vendors. We had a meeting with him at Starbucks and after only an hour with him, my now husband and I decided he was the perfect fit for us. He gave us some ideas for ceremony music and has a very organized website for us to plan out the music and write the wedding party down on. He was so responsive to e-mails and would sometimes respond within minutes. I never waited more then an hour for a reply from him. He is just very organized and played all the right songs. He was a great MC and kept our guests very informed. He was great all around and extremely professional. Also, his prices are very reasonable.

Profile Picture Christine, 9/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe was fantastic! He made the day of wedding effortless for us! He played everything we wanted, took control of some of the day of chaos, and was awesome to work with!! All at a great price, he was the most reasonable, well reviewed DJ we found and on top we saved $100 just for paying in full upfront! I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Sydney, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jerry was absolutely amazing! He was professional and so easy to work with, despite how difficult we felt like we made things. He was out of town the week before our wedding, but was still so willing to tweak little details to help make our day perfect. He was easily our best vendor for our wedding day--we have absolutely no complaints. Once the dancing started it NEVER stopped! Our friends and family have raved about how much fun they had. Jerry gave our wedding party and my husband and I great directions on how to get a good reaction from our guests, and he had little props (like a mini blow up guitar) to help make more fun! You cannot go wrong with him!

Profile Picture User5047528, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joe was fantastic! He gave us a great price for having a sunday wedding, and had excellent communication throughout the process. The online forms made it easy to plan our event, and he called to verify information prior to the wedding. We used a venue with outdoor space and moved around quite a bit during the evening between different locations at the venue, he was so accommodating to our plans and his equipment was so small it was almost not noticeable while still providing great sound quality.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe Bowman from Dynamite DJs was outstanding. He was very professional, a great MC, keep everything running like clockwork, played great music, was very pleasant to work with, offered great suggestions and ideas. Everyone had a great time and I would strongly recommend Joe for any event.

Profile Picture Christie, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe was great! He has a special website that you place your songs on for what you would like played at the wedding and any special requests you have to be played during the wedding. He did a great job and worked really well with our wedding planner in Richmond Bridal Consulting. He offers deals as well with paying his fee up front. I would definitely recommend him again. He did an awesome job at the wedding and the reception. Great service for a great price!

Profile Picture Mallory, 3/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System
3.6

The value of Dynamite DJs seemed to be really good compared to other DJs in the Richmond area. Joe did a great job with the music at our reception and wasn't cheesy at all. My only issues were that he was very late to our meetings, he didn't seem prepared for the meetings in the sense that he was unsure if he had met us before even though it was the week of the wedding (and we had met him for a meeting when we booked him) and the ceremony music wasn't timed exactly right (which I feel like could have been avoided with a little more collaboration/planning). I would recommend this company, but I think it is important for vendors to remember that couples are stressed out during wedding planning, and things like being consistently tardy and unprepared causes even more unnecessary stress for everyone.

Profile Picture User4684146, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Joe Bowman of Dynamite DJ's for our daughter's wedding and were very pleased. You can go on line to his website several weeks before the event and choose the songs you want him to play as well as those you don't want. He will accomodate special requests. He did a great job. His set-up was perfect for the small venue; he helped steer everything in the right direction and everybody seemed to have a great time. We really appreciated his easy-going manner and professionalism. First class.

Profile Picture Bernadine, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joe was great! He called a few days before to make sure he knew every detail, especially name pronunciations (seems like a little thing, but it's pretty important!). He also pretty much helped me plan my reception, since I had no idea what I was doing. He was incredibly helpful, the music was great, and he kept the party going! Definitely worth every penny!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/29/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Awesome, affordable and professional DJ when it came to planning the ceremonial music. Didn't need to be at the rehearsal unless you wanted him to be. Answered all the questions that I had in timely manner no matter what time of day it was. Very flexible during the activities of the reception as we got off track and a little behind with some things but he kept everything running very smoothly.

The only reason why I didn't give Dynamite DJs a 5 star rating was because I felt like the flow and mix from one song to another could have been better when it was time to dance but other than that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Profile Picture User3188993, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

Working with Joe was fantastic! First of all, you cannot beat his price at his quality – it's unreal. Joe was very professional, organized, and polite. He thoughts of things and had plans for things that I had not at all considered – like the order for the entry and where we were lining up. His transitions for the music and selection based on the crowd and mood were wonderful, and he was able to seemlessly include special song shout-outs and instructions for guests that I had asked for. Guests were on the dance floor all through the reception and we all had a great time!

Profile Picture User2602941, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

I thought the DJ did a fabulous job. He was very good at getting the guests up to dance! Played awesome music and was really fun! I would definitely recommend them to friends / family. I would use them again if I had another event!

Profile Picture Sheri, 6/22/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe was very professional and many of our guests commented on what a great DJ he was. Thanks so much for all the hard work and excellent service for our wedding. We all had a blast and everything was perfect.

Profile Picture amber, 12/29/13, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever! They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire evening, and it was all so much fun! Very professional.

Profile Picture Angela, 6/2/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jerry was all that you could ask for in a DJ and more! He was so easy to work with and was very prompt in his responses to our emails. He went out of his way to make sure he understood what we wanted in terms of music and announcements and even made himself available to meet with us again a few weeks before the wedding just to make sure everything was on track. We received numerous compliments from our guests on what a great DJ he was but the true test was the fact that the dance floor was full all night long! We had a blast dancing all night and we know that it was due in large part to having chosen the right DJ! Thanks, Jerry!

Profile Picture Charmaine, 4/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Overall, a great experience! The only negative was that he took a little while to respond the week of the wedding, but all other communication was incredibly timely. Joe has a great professional demeanor, and he's very kind - he got my groom and me drinks the minute we arrived at the reception. He was a great DJ, and the price can't be beat!

Profile Picture User2796782, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe from Dynamite DJ's was fantastic at our wedding. He knew exactly how to keep the crowd on the dance floor, even though I had not specified any music for him to play. He was always extremely quick to answer emails, which I loved! He could of been a bit more cordial in those emails, but I can understand being a busy person and needing to be quick and to the point. The price for the service is unbeatable. I highly recommend Dynamite DJs for any occasion!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/20/12, 12 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dynamite DJ's is awesome! I picked them because of their great price and got way more than my moneys worth. They answered questions extremely quickly, I was even getting responses to e-mails at 11pm at night! They have an interactive website so you can put in all of your info, song requests, and even songs that you don't want played. Their sound system was great, they music played very clearly and they even bring lights for a light show during the reception. Great DJ at a great price!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/11/12, 6 Reviews
4.7

Joe was awesome! He was very professional and was always quick to respond to my e-mails. We were looking for a DJ that was not super cheesy - Joe was the man! He had a great playlist that got many people out on the dance floor. I would recommend Dynamite DJ's without reservation to any bride.

Profile Picture Abi, 7/20/12, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thanks Joe, you did an incredible job! I am happy you were available on short notice because my reception was awesome. You played all the right music and everyone had nothing but great things to say!!!!

Profile Picture Chantika, 6/1/12, 9 Reviews