Dylan Michael Cosmetics Reviews

242 | Jenkintown, PA

242 Reviews for Dylan Michael Cosmetics

Amanda · Married on 09/06/2015

I cannot recommend Cindy and Emily highly enough! Cindy was AMAZINGLY prompt in responding to my emails - it made me wonder if she ever goes more than a minute without checking her inbox! She anticipated all of my questions. She was initially all booked when I first contacted her, but the minute she had a spot available she got in touch asap! Emily did my makeup for the wedding, as well as for my mom and two of my bridesmaids. She was so great to work with, and so friendly and personable! At my trial I asked for a smoky eye... and then I realized that does not flatter me at all! Emily worked with me and didn't make me feel silly for not really understanding what I wanted. We found a look that was absolutely perfect - I felt gorgeous on our wedding day! I was thrilled and getting ready with her was super fun. I also have to mention- my mom does not wear much makeup, and was really anxious about not looking like herself. Emily did a lot to set her at ease, and my mom looked STUNNING! Our day was absolutely perfect and Cindy and Emily were a huge part of making that happen. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Megan · Married on 08/22/2015

I do not ear any make-up ever. Seriously, ever. I went for my free make-up trial and they could tell I was not big into make-up (or looking good in general). I was so nervous that I was going to come out looking done-up too much.... I was proven wrong. My artist, Casey, was so incredible. I was skeptical and nervous and even questioned her a couple of times and she assured me to place my trust in her and HOLY COW I'm so glad I did. After my trial I had my engagement pictures done and I got SO many compliments on my hair (Jill Kozar, who they work very closely with) and make-up! Don't use anyone else! Seriously!!!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Mayra · Married on 08/07/2015

Brides - book Cindy as your makeup artist!! Do not hesitate! She truly listens to what you are looking for in your bridal look. I loved that her trial was free! How many makeup artists offer the bride-to-be a free trial? I also love that she donates proceeds of her profits to a charity close to her. Cindy is amazingly talented and only minutes after showing her a few photos, she nailed my bridal makeup look! I absolutely loved my makeup! She works closely with Jill Kozar from 'Up Your Do', who also is super talented. Not only did my bridesmaids and the mothers all look absolutely stunning, their makeup lasted well throughout our photos and all the partying. We all had a wonderful experience getting slammed up the morning of the wedding with Cindy, who's professional yet so easygoing and fun to be around. I wish I lived closer to Cindy, but I will be sure to recommend her to any future brides-to-be that I know. Thank you, Cindy!!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Shannon · Married on 07/04/2015

I just had my makeup done by Emily for my engagement shoot. She was amazing. She helped calm me down as I was freaking out over wedding details and brought my vision of what I wanted to look like to life. I told her vintage but not too much makeup. She definitely delivered. This business has been responsive from the start and bent over backwards to help me confidently make my decision about a makeup artist. I can't wait until my wedding when I get to have my makeup done again by Dylan Michael Cosmetics as I already had much trial a few weeks ago with Cindy (the owner) who is truly a professional and loves what she does.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Emily · Married on 07/04/2015

Cindy did my makeup for my engagement photo shoot. I was a little bit nervous because it is hard to do Asian eye makeup well and it was also my first time getting my makeup done professionally, but she totally nailed it!!! I looked absolutely flawless both in person and in pictures, and Cindy was able to capture exactly the look I was going for. I was also impressed with how long my makeup lasted throughout the day. It was hot outside and we did quite a bit of walking during the shoot, but my makeup looked great through all of it! Cindy did my makeup perfectly so that I felt beautiful and confident for my engagement shoot, which is priceless. She is truly an expert and is incredibly skilled at what she does. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Courtney · Married on 07/03/2015

Cindy made me look beautiful on my wedding day! She was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole planning process! She was so understanding and flexible that she even allowed me to come for a second trial to try a different look. I absolutely recommend Cindy to any bride who is looking for a make up artist who does beautiful work!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Working with Emily for my bridal make-up was the best start to my wedding day. From our trial to the actual day-of, it was an absolute pleasure having my make-up done. I didn't really have a clear picture of what I wanted my make-up to look like on my wedding day, but Emily knew exactly what to do to make me look like myself, but a whole lot better! She has a great eye for details and picked out colors and shades that complimented my skin tone, eye color, and complexion. She took her time and really made me feel like getting my make-up done right was a priority, no matter how long it took. My make-up stayed on the entire wedding and really shined in the photographs (even though it was pouring rain and humid!)

The best part of working with Emily is that she is so easy to talk to and keeps you smiling the whole time! I loved chatting with her about my wedding and life in general. I am usually the person who feels awkward and doesn't know what to say while getting my hair cut or make-up done, but Emily is easy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable while you're in her chair. She is the make-up artist you need if you want to enjoy the moment (and keep your cool!) on your wedding morning!

Sent on 08/20/2015

I would absolutely recommend Dylan Michael Cosmetics for your wedding day. Cindy, the owner, first impressed me with her responsiveness and professionalism. She phoned me immediately after I submitted an inquiry and very quickly sent me an estimate after our conversation. As an out-of-state bride, I was very appreciative of her timeliness and the thorough quality of information.

Even more importantly, I was able to speak with my make-up artist, Casey, over the phone to ensure that we clicked and that we would have fun on the big day. They were flexible in allowing me to do my trial on the day of the rehearsal since I was from out-of-town.

The airbrush make-up was flawless and lightweight. It lasted all day and didn't look thick or shiny. I enjoyed working with Casey and loved my make-up. I felt the prices were reasonable and Casey was always on-time.

Sent on 10/24/2015

I selected Dylan Michael Cosmetics for my wedding this past June, after reading so many wonderful reviews on the various wedding websites. I booked Casey for my wedding, and I could not have been happier with her work! My mom and I were very particular (bordering on ultra picky!) in the kind of look we had wanted. I am very fair skinned and was really worried that most makeup would appear too heavy on me. Casey was so patient with me and ready to go the extra mile to make sure I was really happy with the end result. She was so amenable to making changes to her work that I had requested, such as changing eye color palettes and the application of the makeup, and still managed to keep such a warm and friendly presence despite all of my many many requests!! Looking at my wedding photos, Casey did such a BEAUTIFUL job on my makeup as well as the makeup of everyone in my bridal party (My mom, the groom's mom, my maid of honor and my sister-in-law.) My green eyes really did "POP"!! I highly recommend that all brides use Casey (as well as Cindy and her team) for your wedding! You will not be disappointed, trust me!!!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Jillian · Married on 05/30/2015

Casey was absolutely amazing to work with and is incredible at what she does. She was punctual and was flexible with some schedule changes throughout the day. Each of my bridesmaids, the moms, and myself were extremely happy with how our makeup looked. Everyone looked stunning and our makeup last all night. I would highly recommend using Dylan Michael Cosmetics for your big day!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Erica · Married on 05/24/2015

Believe it or not, Cindy was the first vendor I booked for my wedding. My sister found her years ago for her wedding and since then all of our friends have been snatching her up for our weddings. I am not a make-up person. I do not usually wear a ton and Cindy is the only person to really get it!!! She has the ability to enhance you and not cake it on. A couple of my bridesmaids weren't sure if they were going to get their make-up done and once they saw me at my shower (the day of my trial) they were hooked. Every single person was so thrilled with their make-up and Cindy makes sure everyone is happy. Through every step she asks what you would like and even with my vague directions she was able to figure out exactly what I wanted. Do yourself a favor and go for the airbrush!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2015
  • User4192652 · 2+ years ago

Cindy and Jennifer were such a great team! My bridal party and I looked fantastic at my wedding on 6-20-15!!!

Sent on 07/06/2015

stephanie · Married on 05/02/2015

Casey and Emily are fantastic makeup artists and very talented! I decided to book Dylan Michael after reading all the wonderful reviews. Corresponding with Cindy was easy as she was very responsive and professional. The trial was free (which is a huge plus!!). Casey really took her time and we talked through my vision. All of my bridesmaids LOVED their makeup and received so many compliments. Both Casey and Emily are very talented. They were also a very calming and fun presence to have around the day of the wedding!

Sent on 05/12/2015

I chose Emily for makeup on our wedding day. It was a great experience! I opted for a pre-wedding trial about a month beforehand. She really listened to my likes and dislikes, and was genuinely interested in how the trial held up throughout the evening to make sure no adjustments needed to be made for the actual wedding. The wedding day appointment went flawlessly. The girls were raving about the make up, saying Emily put together very flattering color palettes that they had never though of before. Not to mention, she's super easy to talk to and calm your nerves. Highly recommend Emily; already trying to find another occasion to get makeup applied again.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Natalie · Married on 04/11/2015

I can't say enough about how FABULOUS Cindy is at using makeup to create a work of art! She will make any bride feel like a million bucks on their wedding day! There is nobody I would trust more to do makeup on such an important day - if you need a true artist, contct Dylan Michael Cosmetics!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/28/2015

I cannot recommend Cindy enough -- our makeup was gorgeous!!!! And, not only was the makeup perfect, it literally lasted all day and night. She came to us at the hotel early in the morning, and, my makeup still looked beautiful at 1:00 AM when the reception ended (after outdoor pictures in March!!) She is easy to work with, flexible, and is clearly very talented at what she does. Most importantly, she listens and works with you to create your perfect look. I got so many compliments on my makeup I can't even count. Cindy did makeup for me, my mom, my MIL, one junior bridesmaid, and 7 bridesmaids and we had PLENTY of time to spare. I saw how fantastic everyone looked while we were getting ready and throughout the evening, but, as I am going through photos I am appreciating even more how stunning we all looked thanks to Cindy. She's the BEST!!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Jillian · Married on 12/27/2014

I was recommended Cindy, from Dylan Michael Cosmetics, by my hairstylist, Meghan. Cindy was extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the whole makeup process. Since I normally wear minimal makeup, Cindy had great suggestions for my wedding-day look as to not make me look too overdone. My makeup turned out fabulously! She also did 4 of my bridesmaids, my mom, my (now) husband's mom, and his grandmom. Everyone loved their makeup looks. Cindy was extremely efficient throughout the entire process. She finished everyone in approximately 2 hours, rotating the girls after they were finished getting their hair done, which made the getting-ready process much less stressful! I highly recommend Cindy to any bride/bridal party looking for a makeup artist on your day!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Julie · Married on 11/22/2014

I love Cindy. She is amazing. I've never had makeup stay on so long without budging, despite working up a sweat on the dance floor. She was patient and listened during my trial and helped me find the look that was an enhanced version of "me," not too done up. All of my girls looked great, too! She came to our suite, which was a great feature and worked within the timeline to help everyone look their best. She also is very reasonably priced! Thank you, Cindy!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/22/2014

Casey was an absolute joy to work with and is a fantastic makeup artist! I scheduled my free (a big bonus!) makeup trial the day of a wedding I was attending and she made my face look flawless. I instantly paid the save the date fee. The day of, Casey arrived on time and was ready to get to work. She did the makeup for my 4 bridesmaids, 2 Moms, and myself and made all of us look radiant! I love the way my makeup photographed and she did an awesome job of making me look like a glowing and blushing bride.

Cindy was very professional and quick to respond back to all of my emails. She helped me to figure out the day-of schedule which ensured that everything ran smoothly. The prices for their makeup services are also very reasonable. I would definitely recommend using Casey and Dylan Michael Cosmetics as your wedding makeup artist!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Jill · Married on 10/12/2014

Cindy was FANTASTIC! She was a rockstar! She's very friendly and open and definitely allows you to venture out into colors, but does it very subtlety then you don't look ridiculous, but still beautiful. She was very accommodating and she totally helped ease my nerves day of. I will totally use her again when I'm in Philly for an event.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Angela · Married on 09/27/2014

Cindy did my makeup for my wedding. The girls in my wedding party were all very pleased with the way they looked. I received many compliments on the way I looked. She listened to what I was looking for. My husband is usually very critical about me wearing makeup (he always says I do not need any!). However, Cindy made my makeup look very natural while masking the imperfections and accentuating my natural features. We were both very pleased with the results! Thank you, Cindy, for making me feel like a beautiful bride on my wedding day=)

Sent on 10/05/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/20/2014

Cindy is absolutely positively wonderful. I may be slightly biased because she's my aunt-in-law (is that how you say that?), but regardless of my allegiance she did the most beautiful wedding makeup on my entire wedding party. In my mind, that's not a small feat. I have bridesmaids that like to wear makeup, some that never wear makeup, a mom that has never in her life worn makeup, plus different racial coloring. I didn't think it would be possible for her to get each one of us exactly correct.. but even with all that variety between us, Cindy managed to capture each personality perfectly. All that for only knowing us for the morning.

As for me, I knew her a little longer and she is well aware of my no makeup policy. She managed to push me to exactly enough I needed to look amazing in photos. It was completely natural, but accented exactly what should be. Not to mention, she also was prompt in arriving and worked efficiently. She knows how much time she'll need and her time estimates were perfect. I recommend a million times over!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

Casey and Ceyl were amazing! They did my makeup on our wedding day, along with our bridal party. We all received so many compliments on our makeup throughout the day! During my makeup trial, Casey really listened to what I was looking for in my bridal day makeup and nailed it spot on. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. Casey and Ceyl really made me and bridal party POP in pictures. The owner Cindy, is very friendly and professional and SUPER great to work with. I would highly recommend using Dylan Michael Cosmetics! The team is very talented and will not disappoint!! Thank you all for making my day so wonderful!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Robin · Married on 09/06/2014

AMAZING work, as always! Cindy and Ceyl did an incredible job on 14 people. Everybody looked so beautiful! Not only that, Cindy managed to get to our hotel despite all of the roads nearby being blocked off for an unexpected race, and everybody was finished right on time! In addition to her beautiful work, Cindy is great to talk to and an extremely calming influence for a nervous bride. I cannot rave about or recommend Dylan Michael Cosmetics enough!

Sent on 09/22/2014

I can't rave about Cindy enough: I met her when she did my sister in laws wedding makeup.

Cindy is the utmost professional..she was quick to respond to emails and questions and any issue that came up, not to mention she is incredibly sweet:)
    I had a large bridal party -- 9 maids and two moms..Casey and Ceyl came to our suite which helped to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere for everyone. Casey and Ceyl kept us on track and worked quickly..they are amazing artists. Each lady looked amazing and looked like themselves(many do not wear a lot of makeup normally). The brides trial is free(!) and the end result makes any bride feel her best. My makeup stayed fresh throughout the day and night..I would highly recommend to any future brides(in fact I've already recommended them to a few friends)

Sent on 08/15/2014