Dyck Arboretum of the Plains Reviews

Dyck Arboretum of the Plains 2
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains 3
Dyck Arboretum of the Plains 4

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2018

I have not had my wedding yet, but just visiting Dyck Arboretum and working with Janelle has been a breeze! I’m so excited for my wedding to get here so I can be married to the man of my dreams in such a beautiful location.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Shanley · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect Venue!

This venue was everything we needed and more for a beautiful wedding on a budget. The grounds are gorgeous, the buildings are clean and well-kept, and the staff is fantastic.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Courtney Garringer · Married on 08/11/2018

Beautiful venue!! Wonderful,caring staff! Great experience!

Talk about value! Dyck Aboretum easily accomodated our 200 guests for a beautiful pond side wedding and indoor (air conditioned) reception. The kind, caring, very intent staff was super cooperative and very easy to work with. Nothing was left up to guess work the day of the wedding. They had every detail covered. Wonderful venue! I recommend it highly!!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Lisa · Married on 07/28/2018

I found this gem a few months ago when my then-fiance and I were looking for a wedding venue. We really enjoyed walking the grounds. There are so many beautiful areas, and each spot unique and special in its own way.

As a wedding venue, I cannot recommend the Arboretum highly enough. The natural beauty of both the indoor and outdoor areas meant we could keep our decorations simple. The staff is amazing, going above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for your big day.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Amy · Married on 05/05/2018

Beautiful venue with great recommendations of vendors as well as helpful tips for festivities and decorations.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Laurie · Married on 11/04/2017

Very easy to work with and everything was where it needed to be.

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Dyck Arboretum of the Plains 5
    Dyck Arboretum of the Plains 6
    Dyck Arboretum of the Plains 7
    Dyck Arboretum of the Plains 8

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2017

There isn’t anywhere else we would have wanted our wedding! Janelle was professional and so helpful. She was there the day of our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. The value was astounding for the venue as well. The nature made it so beautiful we hardly had to decorate! We have reccomended the arboretum to all our friends that have gotten engaged!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Ericka · Married on 07/01/2017

I cannot stress enough how much I loved this venue and the manager! The gardens we're absolutely beautiful and the buildings were gorgeous as well. In addition, Janelle was amazing to work with. She truly went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. At one point, I saw her in the kitchen helping my caterer serve the food and drinks. I wish I could get married again just so that we could use Dyck Arboretum.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Cristina · Married on 06/03/2017

Janelle was such a huge blessing during the wedding process! We loved having our wedding here and had so many compliments on the venue. Its a little far for some guest but totally worth the experience.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Valerie · Married on 04/08/2017

If I could give the Arboretum a 10, I would! I will recommend you to anyone I know getting married or hosting an event!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Ryan · Married on 03/11/2017

Great venue! We love the arboretum and found the staff very helpful!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Audrey · Married on 01/07/2017

The Dyck Arboretum was the PERFECT venue for my wedding. It was beautiful and intimate. Janelle was wonderful to work with and she was even there on the day of my wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. There were so many great outside areas for pictures as well. We used the visitor center for our ceremony and the pavilion for our receiption.

Sent on 02/18/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2016

Dyck Arboretum in Hesston, KS is an absolutely beautiful venue. Janelle is a pleasure to work with and is quick to respond. She was very helpful with all of our questions, professional and truly seems to care about what she does. We used this location for a small ceremony only wedding. The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. Perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Bonnie · Married on 09/02/2016

We loved the Dycks Arboretum. It was perfect in every way . We had a beautuful wedding in a beautiful arboretum. An outdoor wedding worked great as the weather was sunny and in 80 for us. Our reception was inside and we used the visitor center as our touch down place for our bridal party. There are many spots around te arboretum that our photographer took pics with the bridal party which came out so awesome. We all had a lovely time. Thank you Janelle for your wonderful support.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Megan · Married on 06/26/2016

This venue was wonderful for us. Great value (we did the reception here but not the ceremony) and wonderful people helping us out. They even let us bring in some of our decorations the night before so we didn't have to haul it all over in the morning when we were setting up the ceremony elsewhere.

We were lucky, but we also had great weather and the grounds were absolutely stunning.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Aleisha · Married on 05/29/2016

We loved the arboretum! It was the perfect place for our wedding. We make use of both the outdoors and the buildings. The staff were kind and easy to get along with and emailed us back promptly.

Sent on 07/17/2016
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 04/30/2016

Janelle was so great to work with!! She made sure she had all my questions answered and took care of everything we needed for the ceremony from the chairs to the power cord to making sure the paths were cleaned off for the guests. Everything turned out perfect!!

Angela Dawes

Sent on 08/25/2016

Leah · Married on 10/24/2015

Simple and beautiful! The natural landscape was such a great environment for our reception. The staff was helpful, flexible and responsive! I would highly recommend Dyck Arboretum for your ceremony and/or reception.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Melisa · Married on 10/03/2015

Dyck Arboretum of the plains is Absolutely beautiful!! It was the perfect place for us!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/19/2015

I loved working with Janelle at Dyck Arboretum. They were very Friendly and affordable. I chose the less stress package so that if the weather was terrible that day, i had one building for the ceremony and one for the reception. With the huge windows, i was not afraid if that situation arose. I loved my wedding day and all my guests told me it was such a beautiful place!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Beautiful location. Used the Prairie Pavillon for both the ceremony and reception, made for a comfortable ceremony on a hot day but was still able to enjoy the view from inside or take a stroll outside.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Sara · Married on 06/26/2015

The venue was very well priced, the staff was extremely helpful, and the grounds were beautiful!

Sent on 07/19/2015
  • User5206416 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding at Dyck was perfect. South Wichita locals, the drive to Hesston is worth it. Both the grounds and the rental rooms are beautiful. One of the reasons we felt completely comfortable scheduling an outdoor wedding is due to the large windows of the rental facilities - even if weather prohibited an outdoor wedding, you would still be in a gorgeous setting and essentially feel outdoors. The Arboretum staff are friendly and helpful, and really allowed us to create our day so that is was uniquely special to us. Dyck Arboretum is a wonderful wedding venue for a couple that would like to be surrounded by nature and have a lot of do-it-yourself personal touches.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Amber · Married on 12/13/2014

This place is very affordable and very nice! They are helpful and will work with you to make an amazing event!

Sent on 01/22/2015

We had our wedding in Oct and it turned out beautiful. The staff were very helpful and responsive to our needs, we had a great experience.

Sent on 11/27/2014