Dyck Arboretum of the Plains Reviews

47 Reviews for Dyck Arboretum of the Plains

• Alisha

Alisha F. · Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing venue!

I will say that first off Janelle at the Arboretum so so flexible I had some things come up in 2019 and had to postpone my dates and they had to problem working with me.
    She was very patient and accommodating.
    The arboretum is beautiful place. We had our wedding ceremony on 8/8/2020. and it was georgous weather. We had our ceremony out by the bridge and them reception in doors.my biggest thing was have a back up plan if the weather was bad and Janelle helped give me have peace of mind that the tables can be orgained to accommodate a ceremony indoors than turn chair for reception. Multiple different floor plans. I appreciate everything they did for us. They made it easy and less stressful. We planned for about 100 guests and with covid only about 50 were able to be there but regardless we could accommodate.
    Alisha and Scott Johnson

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Megan

Megan K. · Married on 04/04/2020

Kindness Beyond Expectations

My husband and I had picked out this venue more than two years before our prospective wedding date. Throughout the process, we had kept in touch with the Arboretum and had completed planning across the full two years. Of course, as many brides currently know, the pandemic threw those two years of planning right in the garbage and we started all over with a brand new date, new seating requirements, and many other things that were worlds away from what we originally planned. Even with our wedding finally taking place three long years after we booked this venue, the staff at the Arboretum were compassionate at every step, and made sure that our day was finally as perfect as it could be. They went above and beyond what we had asked for and paid for, including helping us take our wedding decorations down from a high tree branch. I never felt like I was just one wedding booked into a busy schedule, and they certainly do have quite a few weddings in their beautiful facilities. If you're looking for a local place that will make you feel like a priority, with a reasonable budget and gorgeous views, the arboretum is for you.

Sent on 11/13/2020

Alexandria · Married on 10/19/2019

Wonderful and beautiful

It was such a beautiful venue and everyone was so nice! We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 10/29/2020

Courtney L. · Married on 09/28/2019

Loved this location

It’s a beautiful place to get married! They are very nice and helpful. I would recommend getting married here. It’s very reasonably priced!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca K. · Married on 07/27/2019

Fantastic Experience!

The Dyck Arboretum has been a special place to me since I was a child, so it was wonderful to have my wedding there! The staff were amazing to work with! They were flexible, available, and helpful as well as super knowledgeable about how to make a wedding run smoothly. We held the ceremony outside facing the lake, the reception in the larger building, dancing in the smaller, and had law games in the grass. It worked wonderfully, was all I could ask for, and was a great price

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Kim

Kim B. · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful wedding venue

Our daughter and our new son in law chose the Arboritem for the wedding because its beautiful landscaping and the indoor reception area with all the glass windows and doors were perfect!
    Janelle was amazing in answering all our questions and being flexible with us when we needed access to the kichen. She made the process so easy! The price was reasonable and worth the drive!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Tawni · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect outdoor venue

The ground are so much more beautiful than the pictures. It’s peaceful and quiet and romantic. Many places to wander around and the building is nice. The sound system sounds awesome and the staff is so nice. Definitely worth every penny

Sent on 02/07/2020

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2018

I have not had my wedding yet, but just visiting Dyck Arboretum and working with Janelle has been a breeze! I’m so excited for my wedding to get here so I can be married to the man of my dreams in such a beautiful location.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Shanley · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect Venue!

This venue was everything we needed and more for a beautiful wedding on a budget. The grounds are gorgeous, the buildings are clean and well-kept, and the staff is fantastic.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Courtney G. · Married on 08/11/2018

Beautiful venue!! Wonderful,caring staff! Great experience!

Talk about value! Dyck Aboretum easily accomodated our 200 guests for a beautiful pond side wedding and indoor (air conditioned) reception. The kind, caring, very intent staff was super cooperative and very easy to work with. Nothing was left up to guess work the day of the wedding. They had every detail covered. Wonderful venue! I recommend it highly!!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Lisa · Married on 07/28/2018

I found this gem a few months ago when my then-fiance and I were looking for a wedding venue. We really enjoyed walking the grounds. There are so many beautiful areas, and each spot unique and special in its own way.

As a wedding venue, I cannot recommend the Arboretum highly enough. The natural beauty of both the indoor and outdoor areas meant we could keep our decorations simple. The staff is amazing, going above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for your big day.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Amy · Married on 05/05/2018

Beautiful venue with great recommendations of vendors as well as helpful tips for festivities and decorations.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Laurie · Married on 11/04/2017

Very easy to work with and everything was where it needed to be.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2017

There isn’t anywhere else we would have wanted our wedding! Janelle was professional and so helpful. She was there the day of our wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. The value was astounding for the venue as well. The nature made it so beautiful we hardly had to decorate! We have reccomended the arboretum to all our friends that have gotten engaged!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Ericka · Married on 07/01/2017

I cannot stress enough how much I loved this venue and the manager! The gardens we're absolutely beautiful and the buildings were gorgeous as well. In addition, Janelle was amazing to work with. She truly went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. At one point, I saw her in the kitchen helping my caterer serve the food and drinks. I wish I could get married again just so that we could use Dyck Arboretum.

Sent on 07/09/2017

Cristina · Married on 06/03/2017

Janelle was such a huge blessing during the wedding process! We loved having our wedding here and had so many compliments on the venue. Its a little far for some guest but totally worth the experience.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Valerie · Married on 04/08/2017

If I could give the Arboretum a 10, I would! I will recommend you to anyone I know getting married or hosting an event!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Ryan · Married on 03/11/2017

Great venue! We love the arboretum and found the staff very helpful!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Audrey · Married on 01/07/2017

The Dyck Arboretum was the PERFECT venue for my wedding. It was beautiful and intimate. Janelle was wonderful to work with and she was even there on the day of my wedding to make sure everything went smoothly. There were so many great outside areas for pictures as well. We used the visitor center for our ceremony and the pavilion for our receiption.

Sent on 02/18/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2016

Dyck Arboretum in Hesston, KS is an absolutely beautiful venue. Janelle is a pleasure to work with and is quick to respond. She was very helpful with all of our questions, professional and truly seems to care about what she does. We used this location for a small ceremony only wedding. The grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. Perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Bonnie · Married on 09/02/2016

We loved the Dycks Arboretum. It was perfect in every way . We had a beautuful wedding in a beautiful arboretum. An outdoor wedding worked great as the weather was sunny and in 80 for us. Our reception was inside and we used the visitor center as our touch down place for our bridal party. There are many spots around te arboretum that our photographer took pics with the bridal party which came out so awesome. We all had a lovely time. Thank you Janelle for your wonderful support.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Megan · Married on 06/26/2016

This venue was wonderful for us. Great value (we did the reception here but not the ceremony) and wonderful people helping us out. They even let us bring in some of our decorations the night before so we didn't have to haul it all over in the morning when we were setting up the ceremony elsewhere.

We were lucky, but we also had great weather and the grounds were absolutely stunning.

Sent on 07/21/2016

Aleisha · Married on 05/29/2016

We loved the arboretum! It was the perfect place for our wedding. We make use of both the outdoors and the buildings. The staff were kind and easy to get along with and emailed us back promptly.

Sent on 07/17/2016
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 04/30/2016

Janelle was so great to work with!! She made sure she had all my questions answered and took care of everything we needed for the ceremony from the chairs to the power cord to making sure the paths were cleaned off for the guests. Everything turned out perfect!!

Angela Dawes

Sent on 08/25/2016

Leah · Married on 10/24/2015

Simple and beautiful! The natural landscape was such a great environment for our reception. The staff was helpful, flexible and responsive! I would highly recommend Dyck Arboretum for your ceremony and/or reception.

Sent on 11/08/2015