Dunham's Bay Resort Reviews

97 | Lake George, NY

97 Reviews for Dunham's Bay Resort

Jackie T · Married on 11/02/2019

5 Stars!!!!!

Where do I begin?! Our guests couldn’t stop complimenting us on our selection of the venue. Everything from the food to the staff to the decor and ambiance of our entire weekend was perfect. The day went better than we ever could’ve imagined. The patio ceremony is gorgeous, the pool cocktail hour is cozy, the reception under the tent is beautiful and the fire pit is icing on the cake!
    Dunhams Bay Resort has tons of space which really helps make your wedding unique. We monopolized the whole place! We had a welcome dinner in the downstairs bar the day before, used 3 different spaces for the day of the wedding and then brunch in the upstairs restaurant the next day. Not to mention that there was something for our guests to do all weekend between swimming, bocci courts and the fire pit.
    The service...was...impeccable! I can’t say enough good things about all of the staff. Throughout the year-long wedding process, they were there to help answer any questions and get in touch with people if we needed them too. They made the weekend of our wedding flawless. Our guests literally went out of their way to tell us how fantastic the staff was. Special thank you to Lynn who helped us every step of the way and then some! She really went above and beyond.
    I would recommend DBR 100% for your wedding, a hidden gem in Lake George. It’s private, spacious, great ambiance and fantastic staff...they focus on YOU all weekend. Absolutely the best. Couldn’t imagine my wedding anywhere else!
    Thanks so much to everyone at Dunhams Bay Resort!!!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, It was such a great day. Hope to see you on your anniversary or sooner, Love Lynn
  • Kasandra

Kasandra · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding review

Dunhams bay is an absolutely amazing place to get married at i would highly recommend it ❤️ There super helpful, so friendly staff and such amazing food and service

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

It was great planning with you for 2 1/2 years, I feel like we have become family, lol. I'm going to miss hearing what new truck Ryan bought since the last time we talked. Hope to see you on your anniversary.
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/27/2019

Dunhams Bay Bends Over Backwards!

We were absolutely blown away by our entire experience at Dunhams Bay. From the food to the staff to all of the accommodations, everything was perfect. A huge shout out to Lynn who is absolutely incredible! We could not thank her enough for her attention to detail and making the day run as smoothly as possible. She never missed a beat! I don’t think we could’ve imagined a more perfect weekend. Thank you to everyone involved, we are forever grateful!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

What an EPIC day!!! It was my pleasure to make your wedding day so special, you ladies were super fabulous to work with. Hope to see you soon.

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2019

Best day or our lives

If I could Give ten stars I would!!! Lynn and her team were simply amazing, right down to entertaining us on the dance floor

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

What a beautiful day for a beautiful couple. Amanda and Matt, we had so much fun at your wedding. It was truly EPIC!!!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/24/2019

The absolute best!

I can't even to begin to describe how amazing our wedding at Dunham's was and that can be accredited to Lynn and her staff. I knew from our very first visit with Lynn as we were looking for a venue we found our location. The first question she asked us was "what's most important to you on your wedding day?" It totally took me off guard because organizers at other venues barely spoke to us beyond going through menus and prices. I could tell right then and there that her attention to detail and passion for what she did was what was going to make this the wedding of our dreams.

When it came to the big day, Lynn and her team did everything. Checked in during the day as we got ready to make sure her staff had everything set up exactly how I envisioned it, helped the flow of guests from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception to even decorating our room beautifully before we made our way back to our cabin at the end of the night.. literally everything above and beyond. I tend to be a worry wart and was worried that there were going to be hiccups because I didn't think of everything but nope. There was none of that. The only thing I had to worry about was having fun! It was worth every single penny. If you are considering Dunham's Bay, look no further. You will NOT be disappointed in any way.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Thompson · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing experience. Highly recommend for any gathering

My husband and I were married in July and Lynn took care of all our needs. The chef was amazing and adjusted to any needs we needed. All my guests enjoyed themselves

Sent on 10/20/2019

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

Thank you Stephanie, It was so wonderfully planning for you and Todd. I'm glad I could make your planning easy.
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2019

Total package

Where do I even start... Lynn! That’s where it all began. With a mimosa and coffee during our lake side consultation. She described a wedding by the lake with a sparkler send off and fire pit after party... and she got my husband excited about the details of it all. And that’s when we knew we were in the right place. From the beginning to end, Lynn grew from our coordinator to one of our favorite friends. She never missed a detail, offered me suggestions tailored to my personality, offered me a shot right before the ceremony, danced with me at my wedding, and even assured my brother-in-law with Down Syndrome had an entire pot of gluten free pasta just to his liking. She didn’t miss a BEAT.

Dunham’s was where we got married, but it became a home to us. We would stop in when we were in town for a drink, and the bartender knew us by name. The whole experience was flawless. You can’t find hospitality, or love, like you can at Dunham’s.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Kelly and Matty,
    It's people like you that make my world a happy place. I'm so happy that I was able to make your wedding EPIC!!! But the best part is the friendship we developed and will have for a lifetime. Love you both!
  • Amber

Amber Churco · Married on 07/19/2019

Absolutely Perfect 💚

When they say Dunham’s Bay is a hidden gem... they arent kidding! We were looking for a venue that had both of our favorite things, water and woods. Dunham’s Bay was the total package! Beautiful lake front view for our ceremony, great air conditioned reception inside, and ended the night out back relaxing by the fire pit with our family and friends 💚 The atmosphere is completely relaxing and chill, yet beautiful and elegant all at the same time. Lynn (the wedding planner) and all of her staff were incredible! She totally got the vision that I had, and she made it come to life! Every little detail was taken care of, which made our day completely stress free and amazing!
    The food there was to die for! We did buffet style which allowed our guests to enjoy many different options from grilled swordfish, Caribbean jerk chicken and a top sirloin carving station! Those were just the ones we chose... so many others for you to pick from! In addition, there was a pasta station with a choice of 3 different sauces! From the appetizers, to entrees and everything in between... perfection!
    Like I mentioned before, the staff there is incredible! Super friendly and fun! It was one of the hottest days this year, and the smiles never left their faces! Lynn and some of the ladies even joined us on the dance floor for a bit 🙂 The bartender was great as well! Our guests never had an empty hand!
    Lastly, the rooms and cabins. Clean, spacious and cozy as heck! Yes, it’s an older building, but that’s what made it perfect for us! It gives you the “Dirty Dancing” vibe that I loved so much! The staff does a wonderful job with keeping up on the grounds and cleanliness! When we got back to our cabin at the end of the night, Lynn and her staff had set up a nice surprise in our room 😊
    We would not have had our perfect wedding anywhere else... this is a truly magical place that we will continue to visit for years to come!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

Even when the heat index is over 100 degree's you never complained. We had so much fun planning your wedding and so happy we could put on an epic wedding for you!!! Love you both and hope to see you for your anniversary or even before than.

Heather Lindsay · Married on 05/10/2019

Dunham's Bay and Lynn had us at hello!

From the first time we met with Lynn she made us feel very confident about our special day being perfect and that is exactly what she did. From planning to food tasting to table charts to arriving at Dunham's Bay right to the sparkler send off she was right there to assure we were 100% satisfied. I would highly recommend sharing your big day with Lynn and Dunham's Bay and make sure your guests get rooms to stay and enjoy the fire pit and some of the best pizza ever!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

What an amazing day, head table with the whole family, ALOT of dancing and a great couple making their day unforgettable. Best part is you live close enough to visit often. With the many events you have done, I feel like your part of the family here. :)

Nicole · Married on 04/27/2019

Dream wedding!

A beautiful property for your special day! Every last detail was amazing from the view to the food every guest was amazed. Lynn was extremely accommodating and made sure that we had everything we needed. Highly Recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Rebecca · Married on 04/06/2019

Wedding Day

Our wedding was absolutely amazing at Dunham’s bay resort!! Lynn was super helpful with everything we needed right from our first meeting!! Anytime we had a question she was quick to answer and help us out! The price was great and the food was excellent and the venue is beautiful!! Lynn and her staff made our wedding perfect we couldn’t have asked for anything more!

Dunham's Bay Resort's reply:

What a epic day you and Tom had. I'm sure your guest will talk about it for years to come. I Can't wait to see you for your anniversary.

amy · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect night, amazing food and of course Lynn

Our wedding was absolute perfection. Every step of the way Lynn was there to make sure my groom and I had nothing to worry about. Every email sent.. And there were plenty Lynn was quick to respond. Our guests raved about the food the entire evening. Lynn thought of everything to make sure our night was perfect. We are so happy we decided to have our wedding at Dunhams Bay. Lynn and her staff definitely went above and beyond

Sent on 11/05/2018

Anne · Married on 09/29/2018

Being a parent I wanted to give credit where credit is due. I was so impressed with the venue and Lynn who orchestrated the perfect wedding for my son and his new bride. Lynn, the general manager was amazing, as well as her staff. She was organized, thorough, professional, and calm. The rehearsal dinner to the wedding reception was so organized. It was such a smooth transition from beginning to end. The wedding was beautiful. It was outside and we could see Lake George while listening to the beautiful music that played (cello, violin, flute). Following the wedding we had cocktails and appetizers while listening to acoustic guitars. There were a variety of appetizers and the staff was amazing and made sure that everyone was was being taken care of. Then it was time for the reception! Absolutely wonderful. The band was great, the food was great, and I cannot say enough good things about Lynn and her staff who made this amazing day the best day that it could possibly be!! This venue was great. Lynn and her staff made this day very special. It was elegant and unique thanks to Lynn and her staff!!
    Thank you so much. Anne-Mother of the Groom

Sent on 10/03/2018

Jillian · Married on 09/22/2018

Dunham’s Bay Resort was the perfect venue for Jason and I, we loved Lynn ( our certified wedding planner) from start to finish! Lynn did an incredible job assisting with planning our wedding, this woman went above and beyond our expectations! A bartender was out for our rehearsal dinner, she tended bar for us, our grandparents had difficulty walking, she drove our grandparents to the reception on a golf cart, we lost our room key, she made up a spare key right away, she booked my husband’s lazer tag bachelor hangout for all the groomsmen, she made sure we got our sunset photos on the lake and worked closely with our photographer to find all the beautiful photography spots around the venue, she made sure we had “alone time” soaking in being married right after our ceremony and she even decorated our beautiful bridal suite cabin on our marriage night, She accomplished everything we wanted in our dream wedding and more! We are beyond happy with Lynn from Dunhams bay and plan to visit Dunhams bay for our first wedding anniversaries :)

Sent on 09/30/2018

Gary · Married on 08/11/2018

Our daughter had her wedding at Dunham's Bay Resort this past weekend. Lynn Clausen and her staff were exceptional at every stage of the wedding process, from booking, to food tasting, to assisting family with reservations, to providing advice and assistance to our daughter in her planning, and most importantly, on the actual weekend of the wedding. Lynn and her staff are very experienced, and remained calm, flexible and helpful all during our weekend. Lynn coordinated the arrival of all vendors, made sure the setup was as we wanted it, and was on the spot to answer any questions at a moment's notice. She seemed to have contingencies for everything - from a crochet hook to get the wedding dress bustle hooked, to pulling in favors from friends to deliver the sparklers we had neglected to bring (an ending our daughter had talked about for a year.) She made it happen anyway, and our daughter and son in law had the night they dreamed of! I have never seen them look so happy! Thank you Lynn, Katie and the rest of the team for making our weekend so special!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/30/2018

Dunhams bay was amazing. The moment we met Lynn we knew that this was the place for us. She made sure every thing went perfect and I can't thank her enough for all she did for us. They were able to accommodate all of my food allergies. She even went to get my favorite food brands so I could enjoy my wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Phyllis · Married on 06/29/2018

Our daughter, Lauren, had the most beautiful wedding at the Resort June 29, 2018. The venue is lovely, right on a secluded bay on Lake George, with a spectacular view. The food was excellent, the accommodations great, and it is a kid-friendly place with indoor heated pool, outdoor games and playground, and access to the beach across the road. The reception tent is roomy, with a solid floor-not grass.
    The best aspect of the Resort was the wedding coordinator, Lynn. She impressed us from our first meeting, saying that her aim was to make sure everyone, especially the bridal party and family, enjoy the event. Boy, did she deliver! She took care of everything, from the small details like place cards and table numbers to taking all through the ceremony and putting everyone at ease. If something was needed, she was there to get it. The whole wedding ran smoothly because of her, and we all did enjoy ourselves immensely. She is a valued staff member of the Resort, and we can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2018

I am being 100% honest when I say that my wedding and experience with Dunham’s Bay Resort was perfect! I thought that it would be so difficult to plan a NY wedding while living in Florida, but Lynn made it so incredibly easy. All I had to do was tell her what I wanted and it was done. We had an outdoor ceremony on the terrace (amazing view, btw) and had the reception under the tent. We were allowed to have our two dogs in the ceremony and we could decorate the tent however we wanted it. The value for this place was also incredible! Lynn also helped me pick the florist, videographer, and officiant, all who have worked with DBR in the past a knew how things worked there. If you want a beautiful, scenic wedding and are working long distance, this is the venue for you.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Katrina · Married on 06/15/2018

If you are looking for the best venue in Lake George, you found it! From the moment that my husband and I stepped foot in Dunham's Bay we knew we would be getting married here. It is the perfect mix of elegance with the adirondack charm of Lake George. How can you turn down the beautiful back drop of the lake and mountains?! As if that wasn't enough, you get a wedding coordinator included with your package, Lynn. I don't have enough words to describe how wonderful Lynn is. She is always thinking two steps ahead to make sure your day is perfect, and if something doesn't go quite right, she makes sure she resolves the issue before you can even blink. (It will just be something to laugh about later). She truly was my guardian angel during the whole planning process. Any question, concern, or worry she had an answer or solution to. She makes your day flawless. She goes above and beyond. My dad lost his cufflink and she searched the premise for it, a few days following my wedding she called us to say she had found it. She truly is the best. The entire staff at Dunham's Bay is so professional, friendly and welcoming. They make you feel like your wedding is number one to them. All my guests raved about the food, it was absolutely delicious. We loved that there were cabins and hotel rooms for our guests to stay, so we never had to worry about anyone needing a place to sleep for the night. Hanging out around the bonfire at the end of the evening is the cherry on top. There is nothing better then being surrounded by your friends and family reminiscing on your perfect day. My husband and I, our family, and friends would recommend Lynn, the Dunham's Bay staff, and Dunham's Bay Resort to anyone who is looking for a perfect place to have their wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Erin · Married on 05/26/2018

The whole staff at Dunham’s Bay Resort in Laake George were beyond helpful during the wedding planning process, all the way through the Big Day. My husband and I wanted a relaxed experience and the daunting wedding planning process went seamlessly with the help of th venue. The fact that they gave an all inclusive price for so many pieces of the wedding helped us enjoy our day rather than worrying about the details. Our guests are still raving about the food, friendly and accommodating staff and how much fun they had at our wedding. We will definitely be back and recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have an amazing time and not have to sweat the small stuff!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Alex · Married on 02/02/2018

Lynn and the staff at Dunhams Bay made our winter wedding so beautiful and easy. We had our wedding here on 2/2/18 and everything ran completly on shedule and was my wedding day was the least stressful day of the whole wedding experience. Everyone there is very accomdating and professional and my family and friends had a great time. The cabins they provide for rental for guests are awesome in that everyone had their own little “apartment” style space to stay in, which my family got a kick out of. The cabins defiantly give you a “at a camp at the lake” feel which we loved. The pictures from the wedding will look stunning with the lake in the background. Bravo to coordinator Lynn and her staff for running such a tight ship.

Sent on 02/17/2018

Carrie · Married on 12/31/2017

Lynn is their event planner and she is amazing: from start to finish. My husband wanted this venue, and I wanted something less expensive. I WAS so wrong and he chose the perfect team. I cannot day enough about Lynn and her knowledge. If you book off season, they close the restaurant to the public and you have an extremely large space (first and second floors) as well as all cabins/rooms reserved for your event.

Sent on 07/04/2018

Crystal · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I both knew as soon as we saw Dubhams Bay that we wanted to hold our reception there. We met jack the bar tender who took care of us like we were family. We met Lynn who completely worked with us and helped us keep our day simple and special. She has amazing ideas and worked with us every step of the way. Brad the chef is a God! The food was absolute phenomenal. Our day came off with only a few mishaps, but Lynn and her staff were right there to get us through. We will go back for our anniversaries as the whole staff at Dunhams is wonderful!

Sent on 12/11/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2017

There aren't enough words to describe the appreciation that we have for Lynn and her team at Dunham's Bay. Because of them, our day was perfect, relaxed and so much fun. Lynn was there every step of the way, making sure we had everything we needed. She did not miss one detail and went so far beyond her call of duty. We are fortunate to call Lynn a friend and will always have a special place in our hearts for Dunham's Bay. We cant wait to visit as much as we can to relive memories from our special day.

Sent on 12/11/2017
  • W

William · Married on 09/09/2017

I can’t say enough great things about our wedding at Dunham’s Bay. First and foremost working with Lynn to plan the big day was a breeze and she makes the whole day about what YOU want. Second, the food was out of this world and third the view was amazing. If your looking for the Lake George wedding of your dreams and want to kick the stress of planning a wedding, check out Dunham’s Bay for sure. Lodging is also available on the property for your out of town guest which was amazing. People are still commenting on our wedding there! Thanks again Lynn, you guys rock.

Sent on 12/27/2017