Dunham Hills Golf Club Reviews

38 Reviews for Dunham Hills Golf Club

• Daniel

Daniel F. · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Kelsey and Nate's wedding Aug 29th, 2020

I highly recommend Dunham Hills Golf Club for a wedding venue! Lee was so helpful and professional in planning and setting up our beautiful outdoor wedding. The delicious food, caring staff and beautiful setting were above and beyond our expectations! Here is a link to the video.

Sent on 01/05/2021

Emily W. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

A place from your dreams!

Our wedding at Dunham Hills was amazing to say the least. Lee was a dream to work with. Because my husband and I are fairly young, we had a lot of trouble with venues and caterers. Lee made sure that we go exactly what we wanted, and made sure to take care of what we didn’t want as well! (We have family members with very strong opinions). Lee made it clear that My husband and I were the priority, especially me. When COVID happened and we changed our date, she made sure we had plenty of options to have exactly what we envisioned. Even with our new date, we had PERFECT weather and a beautiful day. Our food tasted like it came from a five star restaurant, and she offered us flexibility with decorations. She helped me with everything and made sure I wasn’t stressed about minor details the day of. One of the biggest things I was worried about was that after my wedding was over, I would find I missed something or that it was lacking. I can confidently say that I regret NOTHING about my wedding or experience at Dunham Hills. My wedding day was at a beautiful place with the people I loved most and a hard working and supportive team. I cannot recommend this place enough. If you want a gorgeous, affordable, and memorable venue, this is your place! A huge thank you to Lee and all of the hard working servers who did nothing but resupply my mimosa bar. Love, the Wolfs. ❤️

Sent on 12/05/2020
  • Nina Arszulowicz

Nina · Married on 09/05/2020

The Perfect Reception

My reception couldn’t have been more perfect. Lee and her team worked so hard with me to make sure my vision came to life! She is super responsive and fun to work with. I had Actually picked and hired Lee/Dunham Hills 3 years before my actual wedding. Lee made sure the day ran smoothly and that I was happy and taken care of- above and beyond service! The grounds are also so gorgeous for photos, even in a little bit of rain.
    Now, let’s talk about the food- Lee is a good genius!!! She can pretty much make anything- the menu has so many possibilities (instead of her giving you only a couple options to pick from). She works with you to create the perfect menu that you actually want. Her food is what sold me on the venue in the first place. ALL of my guests kept coming up and RAVING about the food- said it was the best they ever had at a wedding! I honestly can’t recommend Dunham Hills enough- this venue is so perfect for any style of wedding.

• Julie

Julie H. · Married on 08/22/2020

Flexible and accommodating. They make planning the wedding of your dreams hassle free and all inclusive.

Even in the difficult and uncertain times of planning a wedding and reception during a pandemic, our August wedding was amazing. Chef Lee and her staff went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and the needs of our guests. We also had a ton of positive comments about the food. “The best wedding dinner ever!”, many said.

• Kyla

Kyla W. · Married on 06/07/2020

11/10 Would Recommend

Dunham Hills was a beautiful location for our wedding. It was important to me to have the ceremony and reception at the same venue, and Dunham Hills provided the perfect space for both.

The outdoor patio overlooking the course is picturesque... and right outside of the reception area. (We ended up moving our ceremony indoors last-minute because of high-heat in mid-July. It sounds kinda gross to have the ceremony in the reception space, but Dunham Hills made it feel natural and look just as beautiful as it would've been outside. They still set up ceremony-style seating. We were comfortable and it still looked beautiful.)

After the ceremony, guests can go right into the reception hall and find their tables. Dunham Hills provided charcuterie for a cocktail hour snack, and people really appreciated being able to sit down and enjoy the time. As we took our wedding portraits, some guests were out on the patio socializing or having a drink.

The golf course offers many opportunities for gorgeous photos... we just got ours back, and the settings look natural, light, and clean. I love the ones of us walking down the little dirt paths.. and dancing under the trees with perfectly cascading leaves.

I wish I could rate Dunham Hills even higher for FLEXIBILITY. Getting married in 2020 was a juggling act... the pandemic had us changing plans constantly, and Dunham Hills was up for it. Lee, the event manager and head chef, had three different dates reserved for us. While other friends had to fight to get back deposits and work around immovable schedules, Lee at Dunham Hills gave us a sigh of relief. Although the pandemic is (hopefully) a unique situation that future couples won't be facing, it showed how flexible, reasonable, and generous Lee is with her brides. Having someone reasonable and kind to work with is just as important (even more so in 2020) as having a perfect venue.

Overall, we had an unforgettable wedding at Dunham Hills. Lee made us feel comfortable; she had our backs, and she kept our best interest in mind. 11/10 would recommend!

Sent on 08/21/2020
  • Alayssia

Alayssia J. · Married on 04/25/2020

Amazing venue!

Lee and her staff made our wedding dream come true! Despite having to cancel and reschedule our original wedding date in April, we were still able to have a beautiful outdoor wedding during a global pandemic at Dunham Hills. Lee is very accommodating and makes your wedding vision come to life. The food was very good, and we received lots of compliments about Dunham Hills kitchen staff. Our sunset photos turned out incredible at this beautiful venue. We are very thankful for Lee & her team!

Gd · Married on 02/12/2020

Couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue.

Lee and her staff are wonderful to work with. Planning a wedding during a pandemic is hard enough. Lee was so easy to work with. She was flexible and accommodating. The venue is clean and spacious. The food was excellent and plated beautifully. Our guests said it was the best wedding they had been to in years!
    Highly recommend Dunham Hills.

Karen H. · Married on 01/11/2020

Baby Shower

Lee was amazing to work with! She was very helpful and accommodating with all of our questions and needs. The food was absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend Dunham Hills for any and all of your party needs.

Sent on 01/12/2020

Alisa O. · Married on 11/21/2019

Lee Kempisty

She is incredible, a true professional! She made our event beautiful very little time on our part. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere was perfect for our event

Sent on 01/12/2020

Sarah W. · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing venue to work with

My husband and I had our reception here this past weekend. Everything went so smooth and the venue is absolutely beautiful. I hardly had to worry about a thing as Lee was on top of everything! She even helped provide half of of the decorations for us! Lee was our go to person when we needed anything! She was so professional yet charismatic and took all of our worries away. Even our family and friends got to know her and were so impressed with how on top of things were. Lee and her team (especially Amy and Olivia) were a joy to have around while we got to celebrate our love. We highly recommend Dunham Hills, not only for the beautiful venue but for the amazing people we met along the way!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Sydney · Married on 09/28/2019

Wonderful venue for our wedding

Married in late september and could not have asked for a better location! Food was delicious and we received many compliments. The venue itself was beautiful. Dimmed string lights made a romantic atmosphere and the dance floor/ bar location was perfect! Lee was excellent and addressed all our concerns promptly. I would highly recommend this venue for weddings!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Madison S. · Married on 09/27/2019

Great place to have your wedding!

Everything at Dunham hills was so easy to manage! Lee is super helpful and responsive!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Brandon M. · Married on 09/21/2019

Wedding 9-21-19

We had a wonderful experience working with Lee and her staff at Dunham Hills Golf Club for our wedding. She truly does care about the bride, groom and everybody involved.

Tina · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful Michigan Wedding Spot!

Lee and the Dunham Hills team helped my wedding day dreams come true. From the decorated arch at the ceremony on the rear patio to the fairy lights in the reception hall, everything was beautifully placed and put together. I had so many guests comment about how beautiful the venue looked. Lee was extremely understanding and flexible with all of my ideas. A huge plus for me was that we were able to have our rehearsal dinner with our large bridal party here the night before the wedding. We had as much fun that night as we did the wedding night! The bridal suite upstairs shouldn't be understated, it was the perfect spot for me and all of my bridesmaids to get ready in. Also being able to utilize the golf course for our couple shots was perfect. Definitely recommend!

• Holly

Holly · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding June 22

My husband and I got married here in June and it was the best decision we made! From the first time we met Lee and saw the venue we knew we had found the perfect wedding spot! Lee and her team helped us have the wedding of our dreams! Lee was helpful, responsive, and could take ideas I had for my big day and make them a reality! I felt very overwhelmed planning my wedding but Lee made it easy and less stressful! The day was absolutely perfect from the beautiful archway we got married under to the huge dance floor big enough for our big families, and everything in between. Lee even suggested adding a couch to the corner of the dance floor for the grandparents who loved it and spent all night there!! The outdoor patio was awesome too and our guest loved spending time out there! I am still getting compliments on how wonderful everything was! I couldn’t be happier with the decision to get married at Dunham Hills! Thank to Lee and your team for helping make our dream wedding a possibility!!

Jessica · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing people to work with

Lee was very awesome to work with and available when u needed her

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Tashjian,

Tashjian, B. · Married on 10/07/2018

Lovely experience!!

10-21-18...Last week we used Dunham Hills for my daughters baby shower. I was very pleased!!!
    When I first contacted Dunham Hills I spoke with Lee, who is the event coordinator, and also the cook... I immediately felt at ease. I had contacted several other places in the area at the same time, and I immediately felt comfortable with Lee's demeanor and responses to all of my questions.
    It was very affordable, the food was delicious and fresh, and the building and surrounding landscape are very well maintained and clean.
    Lee worked closely with me, and literally every time I had a question, (which anyone who has done any event of this kind has). she put me at ease. I really enjoyed our experience from beginning to end. I am sure you would enjoy having an event here as well. I felt like I was working with a friend. Beth Tashjian

Sent on 10/21/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/25/2018

Incredible space. I highly suggest checking this location out. They are re doing almost everything about the venue, so don’t base look on old photos. Lee just took over and she is the most communicative and amazing venue planner you’ll meet. She literally tailors the venue to anything you want! Stunning value if you book by may this year ;) she’s letting us use the outdoor patio during our reception for a snore bar, fire pits, cigar bar with lounge furniture. Can’t beat it for her prices!!

Sent on 03/03/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/25/2018

Lee was the most responsive and flexible person we could have asked for. She was willing to work with our last minute requests and was almost always available when I had last minute questions. The venue went above and beyond to accommodate our wedding and we are so thankful we chose this location! Food was incredible, as was the atmosphere! And can't forget the s'more bar - it was a hit all night!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Lori · Married on 05/27/2018

We had our daughter's wedding at Dunham Hills on May 27. We couldn't have been more happy. Lee is amazing! From the first time we met her she felt like a friend. She made a very hectic time easy and fun. Her staff the night of the wedding was equally as great. Our guests loved being out on the beautiful patio and the food was wonderful. If you are looking to host any event in the Hartland area I would highly recommend Dunham Hills.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I fell in love with the venue and knew that working with Maggie was going to amazing, but we did get our coordinators switched as Maggie found her dream job, which is awesome. Cathy took over and she did it seamlessly, and effortlessly. She was amazing and personable and made the entire experience incredible and stress free. The day of went perfectly and Cathy kept everyone on schedule. I LOVE working with Dunham Hills staff and I would highly recommend them as a venue!

Sent on 07/14/2015

The girls at Dunham went above and beyond for our wedding reception. They were so accommodating and so fun and made it a great experience. I can honestly say working with them was completely stress-free and the end product exceeded everything I had in mind. It was the perfect setting for our winter wedding, from the snow on the rolling hills of the course to the glowing fireplace my new husband and I got to snuggle up next to while enjoying their DELICIOUS food (which we heard guests talking about all night.) Nothing but good things to say about the venue that housed the best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • User3942607 · event on: 03/01/2014

We hosted a baby shower for our daughter-in-law, son and soon to be grandchild this weekend at Dunham Hills. The newly remodeled lobby is so fresh and warm. Such a nice way to welcome our guests. The room was set-up perfectly with sunny yellow and crisp white chevron linens. The food offered by newly acquired Chef Josh surpassed our expectations. Our lunch include a velvety, rich loaded baked potato soup, beef tenderloin and Swiss on ciabatta and roast turkey, avocado and bacon on croissant, and two amazing salads! Dunham Hills General Manager Maggie Gibbons and Food & Beverage Manager Cathy Crosby Murlick attended to every detail! The Dessert and Candy Bar exceeded our expectations featuring delicious cupcakes, cake pops, cookies and candies all chosen to fit into our "Love You to the Moon and Back" theme. All said it was the perfect way to prepare for the upcoming birth of our newest grandchild. Thank you Maggie, Cathy and Josh for making this all happen! You guys are the BEST!!!

Sent on 03/02/2014

When we walked into the Dunham Hills reception room, we knew this was the place for us and our wedding guests! Maggie was an amazing event coordinator and helped us with the littlest of details. She was time responsive to all messages, especially last minute questions!
    The reception room was very spacious, our guest had tons of room to walk around and get to and from their tables. Maggie lit up the room with tea lights and it was just sparkling. She did a great job ordering linens for us that were perfect.
    The food was delicious and the chef definitely did a wonderful job catering to some of our gluten free/vegetarian/nut allergy guest! Our guest enjoyed the appetizers and the bar service-- Maggie created some awesome signature drinks :)
    You will not be disappointed in choosing Dunham Hills, it will make your wedding day unforgettable.

Sent on 01/14/2014

This was truly the most wonderful day of our lives. The venue was absolutely beautiful! We worked with Maggie Gibbons to plan our special day... she listened to what we were looking for and gave us exactly what we were looking for and more. The staff was courteous, well trained and accommodating. We had some special menu requests and they made everything exactly how we wanted- our guests are still talking about how great the food was! Thank you to the Dunham Hills team for giving us our dream day that we will remember forever!

Sent on 05/27/2013