Duke and Pearl Weddings Reviews

50 Reviews for Duke and Pearl Weddings

• W

W.V.L. · Married on 10/28/2018

Planning Perfection

I used Lynn and her team as my Day-Of Coordinators, and couldn't have asked for a smoother wedding! Everything was so well planned that we found ourselves having extra time to take photos and grab a cocktail with friends and family after the ceremony. The whole day was thought out, well planned, and beautifully executed. I had a lot of complicated family dynamics to sort out, and I appreciated it when Lynn reminded me of what to focus on so that I fully enjoyed my day. I couldn't recommend Duke and Pearl highly enough - they are fabulous!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Nick Lambert · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing and seanless

Lynn was a fantastic coordinator that allowed our wedding day to run without an issue.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Luisa · Married on 10/14/2018

Lynn and her crew are amazing!

Thanks to Lynn and her crew for making my wedding go so smooth and making my wedding vision come to live. During planning Lynn asked a lot of good questions to make sure that she fully understands the vision of the wedding. She kept in touch with all the vendors before the wedding to keep track of the timeline. She also was super helpful during the rehearsal walking us and the wedding party through the ceremony. She is very patient, didn't mind having to repeat few rounds of rehearsal, and made sure everyone gets it. On the wedding day, Lynn and her crew arrived early to help set up and Lynn was the last person to leave the venue. She helped us packing all the decor and leftover drinks back to our car. She was very organized and clean. I don't think I could have gone over the wedding without her! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Cindy Jouras · Married on 07/28/2018

Absolutely priceless!

Lynn is SO professional, yet very warm and easy to communicate with. The other vendors loved her also, which made for a smooth and fun collaboration. She is mind bogglingly organized, sees the event from all angles, and simply made it a seamless lovely day for all of us!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Haley

Haley Palermo · Married on 07/28/2018

Absolute perfection and professionalism. Lynn and her team gave us the wedding we had not even dreamed was possible.

From first to last meeting and since our event, Lynn was a joy to work with. We are so incredibly grateful to have had her calming presence & creative, flexible skills on a day that could have been stressful. She was three steps ahead of everything on our big day & we sailed along behind her having the time of our lives. It sounds almost too good to be true, but Lynn honestly felt like the fairy godmother of our wedding! Right down to "bibbitty bobbity booing" a bustle for my wedding dress at the last moment!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Laurie · Married on 06/02/2018

Lynn is the ultimate wedding consultant! There are not enough words to express how completely happy and thrilled we were with her planning, organization and communication skills, just for starters. We weren't convinced we needed a wedding consultant until about 2 months before the date. We finally realized the wedding weekend could be pretty stressful if the wedding couple and families were responsible for managing the details, not to mention dealing with any surprises. We found Lynn and fortunately, she was available. Lynn immediately put everyone at ease with her warm and professional personality. She knew all the right questions to ask and issues to raise, listened carefully, and had good options/solutions as needed. We were so pleased with her ability to understand the big picture and flow of the wedding day as well as tease out all the many details, without overwhelming us. Lynn worked very well communicating and coordinating with the various vendors, the venue staff. Again, she asked all sorts of questions we would not have thought of: e.g., what is the maximum decibel reading allowed by the venue (for the DJ), she provided the exact sunset time for the photographer, so she could decide when to plan for low light photos. She even brought the Marriage License and made sure it was properly completed following the ceremony. Lynn also attended the ceremony rehearsal the day before, and deftly guided everyone through the process and the flow. We really appreciated (and needed) her guidance! In summary, our daughter's wedding and reception flowed beautifully, and our families were able to fully enjoy the day and evening, knowing Lynn and her able assistants had everything flawless covered! Would choose her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Julia · Married on 10/07/2017

THANK YOU, Lynn, for making our wedding day everything we wanted and going above and beyond!! Lynn is extremely professional, flexible, and organized! I could not imagine our wedding day without her. Leading up to our wedding, Lynn put together our timeline and made sure I was aware of things I needed to be doing and thinking about, which was super helpful because I had a lot going on. On the day-of, she kept everything running smoothly and took care of things behind the scenes for us so we could enjoy our day, which is exactly what we were able to do. You will not be disappointed if you hire Lynn! She is an amazing coordinator and I wish I could get married all over again so that I can work with her again!! Thank you again, Lynn!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Nicola · Married on 09/30/2017

Lynn was an absolute pleasure to work with both before the wedding and during! The day before and morning of she coordinated all of our vendors, rentals, and deliveries! When we were missing 500 lbs of ice from our delivery, she handled it. I didn't have to think about a thing that day besides having a complete blast with my friends and family! I can not say enough about Lynn and would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Kris · Married on 09/22/2017

Hiring Lynn to coordinate our wedding enabled us to have the PERFECT day! She was so easy to work with! Very experienced and pays attention to every detail. She was a constant voice of reason throughout and kept me balanced and at ease. We developed a bond and a friendship that goes beyond. Our advice for the grooms; "pay close attention to your time line for getting ready!" Lol. We absolutely recommend Lynn to be your wedding coordinator. On a scale of 1-5. She's a "10". Dan & Kris McMahon

Sent on 10/09/2017

Julia · Married on 09/16/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Lynn as our month of/day of coordinator. I cannot express myself enough when I say that she is a life saver and is amazing at what she does. She always made sure to let me know that everything was under control and our wedding could not have been more perfect because of all of her hard work. I would absolutely recommend Lynn to anyone who is getting married!! She truly is the best!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2017

Lynn was the most helpful,thoughtful and attentive wedding coordinator. She handled situations as it came up without hesitation and kept me stress free during the big day. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Jen and Rohan · Married on 08/26/2017

We used Lynn for Day of event coordination for our wedding. We couldn't be happier with her services! She was super organized and calm throughout. We had a somewhat complicated wedding - multiple ceremonies with dress changes, multiple cocktail breaks, and even when we were running a bit ahead of schedule, and the caterer wasn't ready, Lynn had a back-up plan and executed it perfectly. We're fairly organized ourselves as a couple and it was incredible for us to see someone who had spent time to understand all of our little details and internalize our plan so well. All of our guests left with a smile on their face. Thank you Lynn!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

Lynn did an excellent job planning and executing every detail of our wedding at Roaring Camp in Felton! She was easy to work with and reliable. Most importantly, I was able to fully enjoy every moment of our wedding day because Lynn and her team were so attentive and helpful, and if anything went wrong I never knew about it! Thanks, Lynn!!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Anna · Married on 07/01/2017

I couldn't imagine our July 1, 2017 wedding without Lynn and her team! She worked diligently and quickly to respond to my emails regarding simple and more complex requests. She worked professionally by communicating with all my vendors to ensure everything would run smoothly the day of and that all my vendors were on the same page. Lynn met with me at 8 PM the night before my wedding to help me set up the banquet room with decorations. She was the first one there and the last one to leave on my wedding day. On the day of she was constantly communicating with vendors to ensure that everything was going according to the timeline or checking in with me to see how I wanted to approach the next event (dinner, first dance, bouquet toss, etc. ) She also made sure that we had food and drinks in our hand as soon as we arrived at our venue from our ceremony. She helped us break down and pack up our cars with our gifts/cards and decorations. During the planning process, she worked with me to brainstorm a room arrangement. She also helped me create and implement a logistical vision for how all of my decorations and activities would work for our space. I was a very DIY bride meaning that I was ready to do a lot of the work myself, pre-wedding and day of. However, after meeting with Lynn, I learned that there are many elements that contribute to a successful and enjoyable wedding that I could not have planned or been in control of myself the day of. There are so many things that you don't think of because you're either not in the wedding business or you consumed with many other tasks. She made multiple drafts of my "day of" timeline in the most organized spreadsheets I've ever seen. I HIGHLY recommend Duke and Pearl. Lynn is a true professional with a great work ethic. In addition, she is thoughtful, kind and generous with her time. We truly appreciate everything that they did to make our wedding day come together. It's worth every penny.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Daniel · Married on 06/24/2017

Lynn was the best!! Her preparation before the wedding was SO helpful. She coordinated with all of the vendors and created a fully comprehensive schedule of the day that included all of the vendors duties. The schedule was sent out to everybody and it definitely helped things run more smoothly the day of.
    Of course no wedding would be complete without some kind of problem, so when the service staff that we hired turned out to be a major disappointment and failed in almost all of their duties Lynn and her assistant stepped up in a major way to keep things rolling. None of this came to my wife and I's attention until a few days later so the wedding night felt problem free.
    Lynn also went above and beyond after the wedding when it came time to get reimbursed by the staffing company. She made sure that there were pictures of the the mess that the staff left, joined us on the call with the staff company and made sure that the owner of the company understood just how unhappy we were with their people. Everything ended positively because after it was all said and done the staffing company gave us a major refund and it was mostly with the help from Lynn.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Tracey · Married on 06/23/2017

My only regret is that I did not hire her before I had picked some of my other vendors. Our venue and some of our vendors were challenging but Lynn handled everything with grace and professionalism. I am from the east coast so we really relied on her expertise and an expert she is! Lynn and her assistants saw to every detail of my daughter's wedding. I was able to totally relax and enjoy the day because I knew she would make everything perfect. This should be your first hire if you are planning a wedding in the Monterey Bay area!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Jonny · Married on 10/22/2016

Honestly couldn't be more happy with my decision to go with Lynn from Duke and Pearl. She is a real person and understands the stresses of wedding planning. We trusted her and she came through. No regrets. Affordable, dependable, and truly just a fun person to interact with. She was the best.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2016

Lynn came highly recommended by an "ultra-high-end" wedding planner as somebody who had once worked for her (that she wanted back badly!) and who would perform an "ultra-high-end" job, (at a more reasonable price) because Lynn preferred helping with still beautiful -- but more personal and "regular, " -- weddings rather than the "ultra-high-end" type. This was completely true. We felt fully supported throughout the process and knew we had somebody who would be able to totally handle anything that came up unexpectedly on the wedding day. She has great taste, will totally try to accomodate your desires rather than try to make things easier for herself, and will just generally make the whole event a whole lot less stressful. If you can get her, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Grace · Married on 10/22/2016

Duke and Pearl (Lynn) was so wonderful to work with. Though she has done a ton of weddings, when you are working with her, you feel like the "only one." The dreams you have, will come true with Duke and Pearl. I was so worried about all the tiny details of the wedding day, but as I continued to work with Lynn, I knew I could leave them to her and she would remember and make it happen! Not only was Lynn super profession, she felt like your friend too, cheering you on for your big day! She knows all the right questions to ask, has great organization skills, and is so personable. I highly recommend Duke and Pearl, and believe the service was worth every penny. If it is just you planning your wedding, or if you have a ton of folks involved (mom, dad, and many vendors), you will be helped and cared for every step of the way. Duke and Pearl is just what you need to bring a sense of ease and comfort to the wedding day!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Elle · Married on 08/27/2016

Working with Lynn for our wedding day was the best decision we made in the planning process! From her experience and expertise, she was on top of everything. Lynn is incredibly organized, professional, sociable, and easy to work with. Our wedding took place at Rancho Don Bosco, and from the beginning, she had great advice for placement and flow of the day. She has experience working at many local venues and her knowledge of the area was extremely helpful. On rehearsal day, Lynn saved the day when our officiant was unable to attend. She took control and led the entire rehearsal with professionalism and leadership. On the day of the wedding, she let us know what was happening next on our planned agenda, and we never felt rushed or pushed. We highly recommend working with Lynn for your special day! She will ease any stresses and help make the day what it's supposed to be about!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Katherine · Married on 07/16/2016

Lynn was the day-of coordinator for my wedding and it was such a pleasure to work with her. She hit the nail on the head with the things I asked for and, where I didn't give her much direction, she found creative and cohesive solutions. When people were unexpectedly unable to come to our rehearsal, Lynn handled it wonderfully and, the following day, updated everyone who wasn't able to make it. She thought of everything! I felt completely comfortable with my wedding day in Lynn's hands. She even packed us up two plates of leftovers for us to eat at the end of the night! Such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Charis · Married on 06/12/2016

To anyone planning a wedding, Duke and Pearl Weddings is the best choice! Lynn was the most amazing wedding coordinator; she is flexible, professional, relaxed, clear headed and will literally make your wedding happen perfectly no matter what. I loved working with Lynn!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Lila · Married on 01/23/2016

I remember when I was looking for a day-of wedding coordinator, I would read things like, “Our day wouldn’t have happened without [name]!” and I would think, “Well, that’s a bit silly. I’m a responsible, organized person, and I can make a wedding happen by myself.” BOY was I wrong! Although we still would have been married at the end of the day, there is NO WAY our wedding would have been as smooth or enjoyable without Lynn from Duke and Pearl. She 100% took the stress off the shoulders of me and my family. I had so much peace knowing that it wouldn’t be my guests (including my family) running around, trying to track down the photographer or make sure the DJ was ready for the first dance. Everything was in a professional’s hands. Lynn was a wizard behind the scenes! We had an outdoor wedding in winter (risky!) and ended up needing to use our backup location across the street due to weather. Lynn was amazing at knowing exactly how both Plan A and Plan B should go, and orchestrated the day perfectly. She asked me questions I hadn’t even thought to think about, and there were some problems I didn’t even find out about ‘till after the honeymoon because they were handled smoothly and quietly. From our very first phone call with her to when we got a card from her in the mail after the wedding, we couldn’t have been more impressed with Lynn. She was one of the best choices we made regarding our wedding day, and I can’t recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 06/02/2016

M · Married on 11/14/2015

Lynn is absolutely amazing! She is very professional, extremely organized, and really detail-oriented! She is definitely someone who makes you feel at ease and certainly in good hands! She is passionate about what she does and it shows! And if all of that wasn't enough, Lynn is also full of creativity and great ideas! She listened intently when I wanted things a certain way, and jumped in with superb ideas where I was struggling with what to do. It was truly a great collaboration! I would recommend Lynn of Duke and Pearl to anyone who wants to make sure their special event is the absolute best it can possibly be!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Keely · Married on 11/07/2015

Lynn is such an amazingly efficient and kind coordinator! She was very calm and easy to work with, but also kept everything on track -- from pre-wedding, through day-of. I recommend Lynn to anyone looking for a coordinator ... she is truly fantastic!

Sent on 11/23/2015