DuHon Photography Reviews

DuHon Photography 2
DuHon Photography 3
DuHon Photography 4

Chris · Married on 09/02/2018

Upon starting our planning process, my now wife Kate and I agreed that photography would be a top priority for us. While Cassidy was one of our bigger investments, he was worth every penny and more! Kate and I cannot rave enough about Cassidy, his overall approach and the final results enough!

Cassidy was friendly and flexible in agreeing to a multi-location engagement shoot. While we don't generally feel comfortable being the center of attention, Cassidy made us feel completely at ease during the shoot and kept the vibe loose, fun and lighthearted. Best of all, we received a full set of edited photos within 7-days! The turnaround time was really astonishing to say the least.

I have an extremely large family (over 100+ on my side alone) so family photos were bound to be a logistical hurdle. Given Cassidy's experience, he was able to help us pare down our overly extensive shot list to maximize efficiency and to ensure that no family member was left out of the picture. He even provided non-photography related advice that helped clean up our wedding day timeline, providing valuable insights to a few things that we and even our planner had overlooked. If you hire Cassidy—just know that you are getting so much more than an amazing photographer, but also an incredible project manager who can just help your make your wedding day that much easier and enjoyable!

His portfolio speaks for itself but Kate and I were over the moon when we received our wedding collection yesterday, less than five weeks after our wedding. He and his assistant Chris worked almost completely unnoticed during the wedding and captured the most beautiful moments from our wedding day. Even though we had agreed to stick to our shot list, Cassidy constantly checked in with us throughout the day to make sure we were happy and weren't missing out on any last-minute shots that we wanted. Cassidy is hands-down the best investment we made with our wedding and cannot recommend him enough!

DuHon Photography 5
    DuHon Photography 6
    DuHon Photography 7
    DuHon Photography 8

Caitlin · Married on 09/16/2017

Holy moly, Cassidy is an incredible photographer! We had our wedding this fall out in Maryland, and knew Duhon Photography was the right choice for the job -- we just received our photos from the big day and couldn't be happier. I'm one of the least photogenic people in the entire world and Cassidy managed to snap hundreds of photos I can't stop looking at. He really captured the feel of the day and, most importantly, made our personalities shine through in each image. His ideas for poses and locations were spot-on, and we appreciated his warm energy throughout the day. Cassidy gave us memories that will last a lifetime, and we can't thank him enough. If you're looking for a stellar wedding photographer in the DC area, look no further than Duhon Photography!

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

Cassidy was our splurge vendor, and we have no regrets. Quite simply, he is very good at what he does. Our wedding photos are beautiful and everyone who has seen them agrees. We have so many amazing candid shots of our friends and family! Cassidy made us feel very comfortable during our posed shots and when he was shooting candids during the ceremony and reception, we had no idea he was even there. He also did a great job running interference with family members so that we could get our group photos done and get back to the party. Cassidy is a great photographer and we wholeheartedly recommend him, particularly if you are a same-sex couple. One tip if you are having a cocktail style reception like we did, if you want shots of all of your guests, make a plan in advance of when and how to do that.

Cassidy was highly recommended by a friend who used him for her wedding. After meeting with him and looking over his portfolio, I knew he was the photographer for us. He is easy-going and makes you feel extremely comfortable. The pictures aren't cookie-cutter wedding shots. He uses different backdrops to get really cool shots. Let's just say, one of the best pictures is of me sitting in the window frame in our hotel bathroom behind a giant clawfoot tub! Who would have thought?He is also discrete. He caught some great pictures throughout the night when I didn't even know he was there. Lastly, his pricing is very reasonable as well. You will not be disappointed with the final product!

Nathalie · Married on 04/02/2016

Cassidy Duhon was a BLAST to work with. From the start, I loved his photographs - I found them to be a little quirkier and more "me" than a lot of the plastic perfect look a lot of wedding photographers go for. But the real reason I chose Cassidy as our photographer was because I knew right away when I met him that he would be a fun addition to our wedding. I was a little worried when I met some other photographers that I just didn't click with... I didn't want someone who i wasn't comfortable around and definitely didn't want someone who I would feel was "in the way".
    I could not be happier with my decision to go with Cassidy as our photographer and would highly recommend him to anyone, but especially to someone who wanted a slightly edgier, slightly funnier, look and feel to their photos.

Mary · Married on 12/19/2015

Cassidy was amazing! We booked him for 7 hours to capture our wedding in December. He met with us to discuss everything before hand so he could get a feel for what we wanted and what our event would be like. On the day of, Cassidy was incredibly professional. He did an amazing job capturing the day. He was seamless - we forgot he was there half the time! Afterwards, we only had to wait three weeks to get our beautiful photos back! I would book him again in a heartbeat! Highly recommended.

Brittany · Married on 09/05/2015

Cassidy was such a great photographer and was completely professional. My fiancee and I used DuHon Photography for both engagement session as well as the wedding day. He was so great at capturing candid pictures of us "in the moment" and I could not be happier with their work. I would use Cassidy over again and would recommend to anyone! It was such a positive experience.

Laurie · Married on 09/05/2015

I don't know what else to say about Cassidy except that he's simply the best. His photos speak for themselves-they are gorgeous-and he has an amazing eye for the different areas of your venue that will provide unique and beautiful backdrops. I was pretty nervous about being photographed both at the wedding and the engagement shoot, but his warm, laid-back demeanor really helped me to relax, open up, and have fun! He encourages his clients to just be themselves, and as a result his photos are vibrant and full of personality. He also helped us figure out how we could work together within our budget. We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos or with the experience of working with Cassidy!

Mallory · Married on 06/27/2015

We are SO glad we asked Cassidy Duhon to be our wedding photographer! Cassidy was very professional (but not boring!). We had an engagement photo session with him as well as had him take our wedding photos, and we were extremely pleased with the results of each. The thought and care he puts into each and every photo you get back is obvious. He was so responsive to my questions and ideas leading up to the wedding, and made us feel very at ease in front of his cameras. If you have seen his work you know he creates beautiful, natural photos with his artistic gift, and you really don't have to do any work in front of the camera at all! My fiancé and I had never had a photo shoot before the engagement shoot, and while we felt a little awkward at first, Cassidy quickly helped us settle in and relax. He captured both posed and candid shots, all of which were awesome! Some of my favorite photos from the wedding were completely candid, and we had no idea he was taking them! Cassidy's assistant, Jason, was also a pleasure to work with. Both of them were so fun and helped us feel great on our wedding day. Our families and wedding party commented several times on how much fun they had working with those two!

Another part of Cassidy's style that I really appreciated was his subtlety on the day of the wedding. Cassidy was completely respectful of important family moments and during our ceremony. He was almost invisible to us at those times, capturing these moments from a distance without us noticing.

I would recommend Cassidy to anyone looking for a photographer who will capture your special day in a fun, elegant and "kick-ass" way!

Cassidy and his assistant were PERFECT! They captured all the moments I wanted for wedding. They also were very kind working with me and my crazy shot list. Cassidy is such a easy person to work with. So glad he was available to capture the moments of my special day!

When my husband and I first started planning our wedding, we valued the photos as an important, lasting part of our big day so we wanted the best photographer we could find for our budget. I also wanted someone we would feel comfortable with so we could be ourselves. Cassidy and his assistant were fantastic--they were tons of fun, easy to work with, and turned our ideas into gorgeous photos that have a lot of personal meaning for us and our family. They were also fast and worked to have our photos ready to order before the holidays. I'm so happy we worked with Cassidy and highly recommend him to anyone out there planning a wedding.

Alyson · Married on 08/23/2014

CASSIDY makes you feel comfortable all while having fun. He has a great eye and turns your photograph into art. I absolutely adore him and cannot wait to hire him again!

We worked with a lot of fantastic DC-area vendors for our August wedding (see other reviews) and loved their work. But decades from now, the one we'll STILL be high-fiving each other for choosing is photographer Cassidy DuHon.

The most important thing: Cassidy's photos were flat-out gorgeous. He and his assistant captured everything from the minute details to the emotional vows at the church to the wild air-guitar competition that broke out at the end of our reception. And there were LOTS of photos -- the final set had more than 600 pictures, each of them worthy of framing.

Cassidy is creative without missing the moment, his photos have a sense of personality and fun without being trite, and he will make you look damn cool on the Big Day.

Nerves can be easily jangled on the day of a wedding, but Cassidy put us at ease at every step of the way. He gave great instructions to make us look our best without making us act unnatural. He was unobtrusive at the intimate moments with our families (but never missed the shot). And he confidently kept to our timeline without rushing or wasting time. He was flexible, too; when we decided to ditch the limobus and walk the few blocks from our ceremony to our reception, Cassidy didn't bat an eye and jogged along with us -- and he made some of the most memorable pictures along the way. (I'd highly recommend an engagement shoot with him too if it's in your budget -- you'll get to know his style and have an awesome time, AND you'll have a set of great photos that don't have the formality of the wedding shoot)

From our first query about booking him to the last photos when we were leaving the reception, Cassidy went above and beyond to be professional, reliable and - most of all - the kind of person you want around whether it's the most stressful part of the planning or the most joyful moment of your wedding. His attitude alone is worth five stars. The photos are absolutely priceless.

Debbie · Married on 06/19/2014

Cassidy is a great photographer. He caught the essence of the moment with a great sensitivity. He is funny, easy going and help us relax. We love our pictures so much!

Trish · Married on 09/20/2013

Cassidy is an amazing photographer. He is so extremely talented at what he does! Everything has a vintage-touch. Stylized, but not overdone or cheesy - and it fit in really nicely with the overall style of our wedding. He is also super easy to work with! We are so happy with everything.

David · Married on 07/20/2013

We were drawn to Cassidy because of his beautiful photography, interesting shots, and artistic eye. Somehow he managed to embody an incredibly fresh, professional demeanor while also keeping us laughing during some of the more stressful parts of our wedding day. He deftly dealt with pushy family members and speedily sent us photographs after our wedding. The photographs turned out so beautifully that we are having trouble figuring out which ones to put into an album. His second shooter was equally awesome, fun, and great to work with. We were so grateful for his time, and feel really lucky that he was our photographer!

Bonnie · Married on 11/17/2012

Cassidy is the ultimate professional. I'm so happy that he photographed our wedding, and was able to capture the essence of the party with such great detail! His photography is unique, and I'm thrilled that our wedding photos are not only great memories, but works of art that I am proud to display!

Elizabaeth · Married on 10/20/2012

Cassidy was amazing! Leading up to the wedding he answered all of my questions and was very quick to respond, he offered alternatives and advice on all of my photo inquiries. On the day of the wedding he and his assistant were prompt and got right to work... we almost didn't know they were there as they were getting some amazing shots of us getting ready. He was great with our families very relaxed and easy going and most of all captured our day perfectly. He is truly talented and was able to get some very unique photos. Cassidy has a very artful eye and we are all impressed with his work. His rates are amazingly affordable, especially for his abilities. He was very prompt with getting our photos to us after the wedding and went above and beyond with my requests. We will cherish our photos forever!

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2012

Cassidy was absolutely fabulous to work with at our wedding! He was not only professional, but SO much fun to be around for the entire day. I would not change one thing about the pictures he took. They were so tasteful and creative, and completely captured the essence of our wedding. We really wanted to avoid the traditional prom picture wedding style, and Cassidy took it to a completely different level. He got shots I never would have dreamed of, and managed to get every single moment of the entire day. Choosing our photographer was one of, if not the most important decision we made in wedding planning, and we are SO thankful that we got Cassidy. Truly amazing at what he does!!

carly · Married on 10/06/2012

What can I say? BEST decision ever. Cassidy was worth every penny. From the moment I met him I knew I wanted him to shoot our wedding. Our engagement pictures? Awesome. Our wedding pictures? Magazine worthy. The best part was unlike some weddings I have been to where the photographer is up in everyone's business, Cassidy doesn't even feel like he was there. He captured some AMAZING shots and I was thrilled with the quick turn around. I would highly recommend him to anyone if you can get him!!

Kim · Married on 07/14/2012

Like most girls, I studied every wedding magazine, website, blog, and anything Etsy that one bride-to-be could handle! The day I received my wedding photos from Cassidy was the first time I had felt transformed into the very bride I once admired. He made a rainy & gloomy day be remembered as a beautiful and intimate moment filled with an unforgettable rainbow. He was soft, confident, and professional, and I would have him as my photographer, if I had to do it all over again.

Grace · Married on 06/30/2012

Cassidy is amazing! He came highly recommended by our wedding planner and several friends and did not disappoint! We got married after the huge storms left most of NOVA without power this summer...including our wedding venue. It was hot, we were sweaty, but Cassidy and his assistant helped make the evening go seamlessly...they didn't miss a beat! This was a challenging wedding with lots of obstacles (no light, no AC, uncomfortable guests), but him and his team never panicked or complained, they brought professionalism, calm, and comfort to the day and our pictures turned out FANTASTIC...high quality shots that captured every moment....AND no one looks sweaty and hot in the pics! He helped turn a disaster into the best day of our lives!
    Cassidy is easy to work with, flexible, and has an amazingly creative eye! I would recommend him to anyone! Hire him, he is worth every photo! :)

Caroline · Married on 06/09/2012

Cassidy is an amazing photographer. I can write a review about how phenomenal the photos are. But the work speaks for itself. Cassidy told the story of our wedding through the photos and we were so pleased. We have gotten so many compliments on our photos. A friend who was invited to 14 weddings this year said they were the best wedding photos she has ever seen! And she is right. You can not top Cassidy he is the best. And the most amazing part about him is he is a great fun guy. You don't even notice he is there which is an amazing quality for a wedding photographer. And for the posed shots he puts everyone at ease. I loved working with Cassidy and I hope I can work with him again!

Bonnie · Married on 06/08/2012

A friend of mine hired Cassidy as her wedding photographer and we fell in love with her photo album and quickly hired him when we got engaged. It was one of the best wedding decisions/choices we made! Not only is he easy to work with, but the quality of his work is amazing! Pus, he definitely was a calming presence during a very hectic day! Would recommend Cassidy to anybody in a heart beat

Ediana · Married on 06/01/2012

WOW! Where to begin with Cassidy.... A. He's AMAZING B. He saved our wedding day!

My husband and I originally had signed a contract with Bruce Best Photography. Bruce Best Photography breached our contract 4 days before our wedding!!!! As you can imagine, we were running around frantically, trying to find a new wedding photographer. God blessed us by having Cassidy available!!! WOO HOO!! God took a terrible situation and blessed us with a photographer who was more than we could have ever asked for.

Cassidy was professional, punctual, fun, kind and generous the whole time during our wedding. Our guests commented about how Cassidy seemed to be everywhere during the wedding and captured every moment! The photographs that he took are the most amazing pieces of art that you have ever seen. Every time I look at the photos I want to dance, smile, laugh and cry. He captured all the many moments of our wedding and even "roughed" it with us when it began to rain during our outdoor ceremony!!! We have our pictures all around our home and our guests always comment about the beautiful pictures. Even our family and friends have photos from our wedding in their homes!

Cassidy, thank you so much for making our wedding so special. Because of you, we have the most perfect memories of our wedding day. Thank you for kindness and for making everyone feel special. We talk about you often and wish you all the best in your insanely bright future! xoxo