Duet Photography & Video Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Jenna
    Jenna Married on 07/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A perfect choice for us!

My husband and I came across Duet photo & video while reaching out to some local Long Island photographers, for our wedding. Our wedding was July 1st, 2022. Once we decided to go with Duet, the entire process was very chill, smooth, and easy. Hanel, the owner, is very helpful and prompt at answering emails, offering for you to come to the studio, or for phonecalls. He's clear about what's required from the client and will answer any questions patiently. When it was time for our big day, Hanel and lead photographer Mike covered our wedding together. They worked seamlessly together and this is strange to say, but it was almost we didn't notice them there. Not to say their presences aren't noticeable!!! But somehow in taking all the shots - even the group ones, they did so quickly, professionally, quietly, and non-intrusively heh. It made our day easier for us to not have the main focus on photography because we wanted the most possible time soaking everything in and spending time with our guests. Instead of pulling us aside every few minutes for a different group shot or something, they said if we wanted specific shots that we should let them know - and they gave us light reminders of what we had asked for instead. We would recommend Duet Photo to whomever in our lives is next in line to get married :)
  • Yeana
    Yeana C. Married on 02/12/2022

Beautifully Captured, Classic Editing

Hanel and his team were the best in capturing our wedding day! He accommodated our requests with a personalized wedding package that fit our budget. Our photos and films came out so beautifully, I can not recommend them enough! I cried, smiled and laughed at all the moments. We also received photos our families will be able to cherish for a very long time. We have nothing but good words to share about Duet Photos, please please reach out to them. Our photos and videos will be something we can look back every year and bring us right back to our wedding day. Hanel was very easy to communicate with and very accommodating. Thank you so much Hanel and Mike!
  • Naomi
    Naomi A. Married on 02/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The hardest working vendor at our wedding!

When I first met with Duet like 3 years ago I really clicked with Mike, (the lead photographer’s), chill, calm presence. My husband is an introvert and felt very anxious about taking pictures, I knew Mike was exactly the kind of energy we wanted to spend our wedding day with.

Duet was wonderful to work with and have answered all communication PROMPTLY leading up to and since the wedding. They offer a lot for some of the best prices. We had an engagement shoot, a wedding album and two parent albums and two photographers, a videographer for 12 hours. When I say 12 hours they worked their tails off for 12 hours. By the end of the night I felt so close to Mike, Hanel (assistant photographer) and Brian (videographer) that I wanted to be friends with all of them. They did so much work to try and get me the shots that I wanted and were gentle, calm and understanding. They are exactly the type of people that you want us spend the most stressful, wonderful, incredible day of your life. We also added a steaming service since we had a lot of guests that were unable to make it due to COVID. They were working so hard and were so incredible that I had guests coming up to me to tell me how amazing my photography and videography team were (one of my guests works in film and photography and said he had never seen such a hard-working team.)

Hanel had me laughing all day as he was demonstrating for me how to pose and with all my requests leading up to, during and since the wedding the response time has been immediate and warm. (Our Officiant forgot to mention a very important note during our ceremony and they edited it into our ceremony video so that it’s memorialized. My ring was created from my husband’s great grandmother’s ring while his ring is my grandfather’s ring. In a Jewish ceremony are supposed to use an unbroken gold band which I used my great grandmother’s band. My grandfather’s band and my great grandmothers band were smuggled into this country sewn into the lining of my grandmother’s dress when my mom and grandmother fled to to America to escape the communist regime in Romania. Despite my many highly detailed type A questions and directions Mike and Hanel took it all in stride.

After receiving my edited photos back, I noticed that some of my bridal party's eyes were closed in some of the pictures. Within hours Hanel responded and Mike had photoshopped their eyes open.

Duet memorialized our day BEAUTIFULLY and I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who wants beautiful pictures at a fair price and excellent customer service and work ethic, to boot. Run, don't walk to Duet, you won't regret it!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Nicole D. Married on 11/13/2021

Amazing to work With

Duet was definitely my favorite vendor for my wedding day and planning. The price was affordable. Hanel was always quick with responding to my emails with questions and Hanel and team are extremely professional and genuine. The photos came out wonderful. We had a fun wedding day taking photos with Duet . Our album was perfect and all our family raved about the pictures. Thanks Duet for everything!
    Alexandra M. Married on 10/03/2021

Phenomenal!

My husband and I used Duet for our 10/3/21 wedding, and we are so absolutely thrilled with our wedding pictures. We did an engagement shoot with Mike, their lead photographer back in March- it was absolutely frigid!! But Mike was still so accommodating and patient and helped us to relax and get in good practice for the wedding! The day of the wedding we also had Hanel as our second photographer and he was phenomenal as well. They were both professional and kind and kept everyone relaxed while keeping the day flowing smoothly. We even had bridal party members ask for their contact information for future events. Cannot recommend them enough!
  • Sarah
    Sarah W. Married on 09/18/2021

Our wedding 9/18/21

One of the best decisions we could have made during our wedding planning was to hire Duet. The quality of their work is stunning and the angles and glowy, flattering lighting captured our day perfectly. Their eye for detail is wonderful and unique.
    Duet offers more to your shoot than just your typical photography and videography. If you want someone who is a master of their craft and a true professional all around, book DUET!
    Beyond their technical expertise, Gee, Esther and Hanel were each a DREAM to work with and made the process of working together very easy. I can't say enough amazing things about them!
    Thank you Duet!
    Sabrina B. Married on 06/25/2021

wedding photography review

Duet photography was fantastic. I used them for photo and video for my wedding in June 2021, they were very professional and caught every aspect of our day perfectly. They were respectful and not overbearing. I would use them again and again!
    Kat Married on 06/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Extremely professional and great team to work with!

We found Hanel through my husband's coworker and I'm so glad that she recommended Hanel to us. Hanel and his team were such a pleasure to work with - extremely professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and paid such great attention to detail. We confirmed Hanel for both our engagement shoot and on our wedding day and we loved how all the photos and video came out! He was also so understanding and worked with us to reschedule because of covid. I seriously would recommend Hanel to anyone (and we have recommended him to our friends already)!
    Melissa Married on 03/28/2020

"Mini-Mony" video

Just received our video from 11/15/20 from Duet. It is absolutely amazing. Hanel and Mike are amazing to work with. They are very patient and professional. They are also great with communicating back and forth. We had to postpone from 3/28/20 to a small ceremony on 11/15/20 and the reception postponed to a later date. They are very understanding and accommodating with all the changes. We had a time restriction in our day and they managed to capture enough footage to make our video beautiful. We Can't wait to work with them again in the future.
    Courtney S. Married on 10/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Spectacular Service, Unbelievable Photos!

Duet has been our trusted photography team for so many of my family weddings so when my husband and I got engaged, I already knew we would go with them for our Wedding. Once again, they did not disappoint! From their quick response times to their unbelievable work and attention to detail, Duet delivers like no other team. We had such a fun relaxing time on our engagement shoot and it set the stage for a stress free Wedding day as well. Duet captured all the moments and then some!! Whatever style you are looking for, you can count on the Duet team!
    Jon Married on 09/29/2019

Loved working with them.

I had done a ton of research. Based on reviews, pricing, packages offered, our meeting, and engagement shoot.. we decided to select and continue working with Duet. We booked with Sean who was friendly, and worked with us to create the package we wanted at a price we were comfortable with. He was accommodating and responsive when being contacted. When he was later not in the office, other staff were equally as accommodating and responsive in answering any questions or concerns we had. We later met with Mike during our pre wedding shoot whom was also very accommodating. He worked with a tight schedule to perform our shoot on a day and during a time that worked out best for us. He was punctual, polite, friendly, patient and efficient. He kept a smile on is face the whole time even though it was a very warm day. My Husband and I are uncomfortable and awkward when it comes to having our photos taken professionally, but Mike kept us laughing and comfortable. He went above and beyond for us the day of our photo shoot, and we loved our photos. We got them back very quickly! On the day of our wedding we happily had Mike again, a 2nd main photographer, and two videographers. They all were punctual, friendly, easy to work with and professional. Our wedding turned into another warm day, and both my Husband and I were each getting ready in small spaces, and they were very adaptable. Mike even helped me zip up my dress because not one person had seen it yet and I wanted a special first look moment captured with my Mom and then bridal party. Mike reviewed with us our shot list and wanted to make sure we got all the family group photos that were important to us, as well as any other must have shots that day. Mike did the best he could along with the others to capture what we desired considering we fell off schedule (through no fault of their own). My Husband was concerned he was going to get annoyed posing and have enough of taking pictures very quickly, but we felt none of that. They were unintrusive and even friends and family commented how discreet they were. I would love to work with them again. We are very eager and excited to get our photos and video back! We will return to complete our review when we do!
  • Alanna
    Alanna Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible

Professional. Prompt. Creative. what more can you ask for in a photographer and video team? Book them asap. you won't regret it.
    Lara Married on 06/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I am SOOO BEYOND HAPPY that I chose Duet Photo & Video to capture our special day. They made all the planning so seamless before and even after the wedding. Our photos came out breathtaking. Photos and videos is one of the most important thing on your wedding day because it is all you have left to look back and remember your once in a lifetime day. Duet will make sure they give you that experience and outcome that you will not regret. You will NOT be disappointed with the amazing work that they do!
    Anthony Married on 03/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Duet has great photographers! Their work is professional and clean. Retrieving your photos & videos was stress free. It felt like I was working with a good friend.

The albums are high quality and I look forward to reminiscing over them.

Thank you Duet!
    Christina Married on 10/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I highly recommend working with Duet Photography for your wedding – working with them throughout the wedding process, from engagement photos, to our big day, to reviewing our video and albums, was easy and enjoyable.

Before booking with Duet, I had the benefit of seeing their quality work first hand, as they had previously done a beautiful job at my brother’s wedding 8 years ago. I’m happy to say that my now-husband and I experienced the same high quality service and final products. The Duet team shared creative suggestions when we were debating about Engagement Photo shoot locations and the end result was a memorable session at the Top of the Rock. On my big day, our Duet Team of photographers and videographers showed up on time, were patient when the bridal party had inevitable delays, and they stayed way past the typical 8 hour day.

On your wedding day, I cannot reiterate how important it is to surround yourself around calm and understanding people, and the Duet team seamlessly worked with all of my family members and guests and we now have the beautiful video and photos to capture our special day. If you’re looking for true experts in the industry who can offer high quality service at a great value – look no further.
    James Married on 08/27/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    These guys were absolutely amazing. Our main photographer was Mike, and he did an amazing job with our engagement photos. Then at the actualy wedding, Mike and his crew did a perfect job letting us enjoy the entire feativities from the cocktail hour, to the wedding, but also pulled us out briefly to get some amazing shots. We are looking forward to receiving the entire album in a few weeks!
    Tina Married on 06/25/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We just got married in June and highly recommend hiring Duet for wedding photography and video. Everything Duet captured is absolutely beautiful!! The quality and clarity of the images and video are exceptional. We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect outcome to look back on and remember every moment of our wedding day.

Our photographer Mike and his crew are professional, personable, and extremely talented. They truly have an artistic vision, and really captured the essence of who we are as a couple and the fun and excitement of our wedding. Duet is quick to respond to any questions you have and are always willing to work with you. The results are truly magical!!

Thank you Duet for the most beautiful photos and video, we are having so much fun re-living our amazing wedding day! :)

Maria Married on 06/24/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Duet was recommended to me by my best friend who was married a few years prior. We hired them for photography. They blew us away with our Engagement Photos. They traveled to NJ for our wedding day and were absolutely incredible. They took amazing pictures, especially during our reception. All different angles and such incredible quality. We just received our USB with over 1,500 photos and its IMPOSSIBLE to choose which to include in our album. we LOVE them all! I will be recommending Duet to all of my friends and family with upcoming weddings. They are professional and extremely responsible. They are true artists and captured every single part of our day seamlessly. Thank you again for everything.
    Tina Married on 06/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I am incredibly happy with Duet's service from start to finish!! They shot photo & video for our wedding this past August and they were incredible to work with! They were so flexible, easy going and understanding. Throughout the entire ceremony until the end of the reception, they never got in the way or interrupted the flow of the day! They truly listened to my likes and dislikes, which I really appreciated. Another bonus is how affordable they are compared to other companies. Our photos, videos and wedding album came out perfect! I HIGHLY recommend them!
    Sarah Married on 06/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Duet was absolutely amazing! My sister used them for her wedding in May of 2015 and my family was so happy with them, we decided to go with them for my wedding for June of 2017! THEY DID FANTASTIC!! I have gotten countless compliments on how STUNNING my pictures came out, and even though they were the same company as my sister, the photos are a completely different feel! I am so happy with how they came out and the service we got. My best friend who was a bridesmaid in both my sister and I's wedding will also be using them for her wedding in June 2018!!
    Alexandra Married on 05/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding was on May 28th, 2017. Like any other couple planning a wedding, booking our vendors was both exciting and stressful at the same time. We were planning the biggest day of our life but also wanted to make sure that we booked the right people for the job. We live in Staten Island, NY and after meeting with several different photographers leading up to the big day, we just couldn’t find a photographer who we fell in love with. Duet Wedding came extremely highly recommended from a family member. Even though it was over an hour drive to their office, we said we would give them a chance. As soon as we met with Duet Wedding and the staff who works there, we immediately knew that we found our wedding photographer/videographer. When we sat down with Sean, he made us feel at home. He was very professional and helped put us at ease with any questions or concerns that we had about our wedding day. They were also very accommodating with any requests that we had regarding certain pictures that we wanted to capture during our day. Even though we were a far distance from where they are located, Duet Wedding was very flexible working around the hours of our wedding and showed early to our houses. The photographers and videographers of Duet Wedding made sure to work continuously throughout the day without wanting a break! This ensured that they captured every moment of the entire day. The staff of Duet was extremely fun to work with and they really listened to us and what we wanted. The pictures that we received after the wedding was everything that we could have wanted and more. The wedding album is absolutely beautiful. The Duet Wedding photo and video crew really made sure to tell the entire story of our day with what they captured. We would not have any doubts or second thoughts about recommending Duet wedding to anybody who is planning a wedding. Thank you again Duet Wedding for helping to make our Wedding so Magical!

-Alexandra & Greg Rothberg
    Danielle Married on 05/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the start I knew that we were in good hands with Duet. We booked with Duet and didn't have our engagement shoot till almost a year later. After doing our engagement shoot we knew that we would be very happy on the day of our wedding. The photos came out fantastic and the photographer we worked with was very committed to getting every great shot. Leading up to the day of the wedding we were in contact with the company and we were excited for the day to come. They did a wonderful job the day of and listened to all of our wants and needs. Our guests are still telling us how amazing our photographers were on the dance floor, capturing every picture possible. We were and still are so happy with our choice to choose Duet. They were quick with getting us our proofs and video, we were so pleasantly pleased with everything and I am still looking at the photos and videos every day! Our albums came put amazing as well and I am so proud to have all of our photos hanging in our home! I always received a response quickly and received my photos and albums within a reasonable time. Thank you again Duet for all of your hard work!
    Amanda Married on 02/10/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had such a great experience working with Duet! From our first meeting, they made us feel at ease. The day before our big day, there was a huge blizzard and Duet was right on time and got very creative with our pictures using the snow. Duet has been very prompt and responsive throughout the whole process. Thank you Duet!
    Cristina Married on 10/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I can't say enough great things about Duet. They were unbelievably accommodating, professional, and reasonably priced. I researched tons of photographers/videographers for both my sister's wedding and my own and did not find anyone who came close to the quality and attention to detail as Duet. The packages that were available really included every single possible thing we could have wanted and more! I am so grateful to have SO many beautiful photos and my video to remember the most amazing day of my life. Thanks again t to everyone at Duet for all of your help and for being so patient with my excessive emails!
    Tiffany Married on 09/04/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mike and Sean were awesome in helping me plan our engagement pictures and advising me as to what type of shots and such. I can honestly say working with people that know your venue helps so much elevate the stress of trying to lasso family members and incorporate fun/elegant/family pictures especially with providing a schedule for me to approve to make sure all goes well for pictures. Everyone always say how beautiful the photos are - really happy with the albums and our parents as well!
illustration stars