Duck Woods Country Club Reviews

Duck Woods Country Club 7
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Wedding Reception Venue in OBX

My husband and I had a cultural wedding (American & Sri Lankan Wedding) at the Outer Banks, NC. When we were choosing our reception venue for our big day, we wanted to make sure we choose a venue that would incorporate both of our cultures. One of the biggest challenges we had when finding our venue at the Outer Banks was a place that would accept an outside caterer who would be cooking the Sri Lankan Food for our reception. Duck Woods Country Club was 1 out of 3 venues who would accept an outside caterer out of the 15 total venues we contacted in OBX.
    Duck Woods Country Club is a breathing taking reception venue for any wedding or event. The staff from the beginning to end gave us amazing customer service. My husband and I live in the Washington DC Area and planning a wedding at a location hours away was a concern for us. But Duck Woods made it so simple to plan a wedding there with always being responsive and on top of their game. We worked closely with Lauren Mercer on the planning & with Chef Barry on all the in house food. Both of these individuals were a key part of making our wedding reception look so great, run smoothly and have great food that all our guests truly loved. I would recommend this venue and staff for a event, luncheon or regular gathering from small size to big size. And to couples looking to through a cultural wedding in the Outer Banks, Duck Woods Country Club is the place to go with.

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Duck Woods Country Club 12
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Good experience

Duck Woods was awesome!!! What a great team and wonderful venue!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at Duck Woods. They made everything super easy. The staff was great. They had meals out to all our guests in no time which was a concern of mine from going to other weddings at different venues where sit down dinners took forever. The staff was super friendly. The grounds were beautiful and they had the reception area perfect too. The staff is very accomodating and let us bring some decor a few days early. We used the locker rooms to get ready in and that made it easy to have everyone on site prior to the wedding. I would highly recommend Duck Woods as a wedding venue to others.

Sent on 05/13/2017

Duck Woods was the most amazing wedding venue! It is absolutely beautiful there! They provide all the tables, chairs, linens, etc... This made my planning process so easy, especially from far away! Meghan was very helpful with any needs we had. The golf perks for my husband and his groomsmen/family were awesome too!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Duck Woods Country Club was the perfect setting for my wedding! What made it even more special and spectacular were the folks who made it all happen from Patrick O'Keefe, Meghan Scannell, Chef Joseph Russo, and all the wait staff.

As a bride-to-be who has never planned or had a solid idea of her wedding day, working with Meghan and Duck Woods has been nothing short of spectacular. Meghan has been responsive to all of my phone calls, emails, and texts. She has provided suggestions and ideas when appropriate and held fast to non-negotiables regarding of the venue.

It is/was extremely apparent that Meghan has a solid relationship with all of the staff and members at Duck Woods, not to mention all the outside vendors that were involved in the event. Because of these relationships, she was able to coordinate and work with everyone with ease. As the bride-to-be, seeing and feeling this ease allowed me to truly entrust her with all things wedding reception which in turn made the wedding planning enjoyable and fun.

Additionally, I was beyond impressed with the attention placed on the food selection process and day of wedding food preparation. My fiance and I made a trip to the OBX to meet with Meghan and Chef Joseph Russo. I could tell Duck Woods was taking the food selection process very seriously. This spoke volumes about the experience Duck Woods would like its’ patrons and guests to have when onsite for events. The food tasting experienced undoubtedly transpired to the memorable wedding reception. The food was DELICIOUS! In summary, Duck Woods was the perfect setting and venue to have my wedding!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Duck Woods and their function staff provided us with a beautiful wedding reception. We received great compliments on the atmosphere, decor, food and service. The staff was flexible and easy to work with, accommodating many of our requests. They provide a beautiful reception at a great value; our final estimate came below our intial estimates. I would definitely recommend to future brides.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Nonie · Married on 10/03/2015

Meghan Scannell is the Function/Event Director at Duck Woods Country Club. From the moment the wedding was booked with DWCC Meghan was there with us every step of the way. She was always efficient, pleasant, very responsive and knowledgeable. She often offered very helpful suggestions on what would work and what wouldn't. The actual week of the wedding Joaquin was bearing down on us. When I was falling all to pieces, Meghan remained absolutely calm and unnerved. The ceremony needed to be moved indoors and she quickly made all the necessary adjustments. In no small part Meghan ( along with all the staff at DWCC) helped to provide my family with a beautiful wedding filled with wonderful memories.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Duckwoods country club went above and beyond to make our wedding day so special and amazing. We even had guests tell us after the wedding how "spot on" the service was. They made our wedding a day we will never forget. Meghan is awesome And worked her butt off to make our day perfect❤️

Sent on 10/08/2015

Duck Woods Country Club is beautiful! We were so pleased with how the room was presented for our wedding reception! The room was very beautiful and so elegant. Some of my guests said that they thought it looked like it was from a movie scene!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Karen · Married on 06/19/2015

Meghan Scannell and the entire team at Duck Woods Country Club were amazing! They were prompt with responses and requests and made sure that service was flawless. Meghan had many excellent vendor recommendations for us throughout the planning of the event. All of the vendors she recommended provided excellent service and were very easy to work with.

Chef Joey was wonderful to work with as well! He listened to our requests and made sure that my husband-to-be and I were happy with the food selections prior to the event. Our guests commented over and over again about how delicious everything tasted. Dinner was served on time and the food was all excellent!

There were a few small bumps along the road during the planning, but Meghan always made sure we were well informed and steps were put in place to ensure that our event ran without a glitch. As Meghan promised, the venue was set up as we had discussed and everything looked amazing!

I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day knowing that we were in very capable hands.

I absolutely recommend Duck Woods Country Club and the staff for any event!!! It will be an event you won't forget.

Thank you!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Becky · Married on 06/14/2015

Meghan was amazing to work with on our event. The venue is amazing and offers lots of options for indoor and outdoor space. We got ready in the locker rooms at the club which provided ample space for the stylists to get 6 of us ready. Our food was fabulous and bit unique as we had a brunch wedding, everyone loved the omelettes and waffle bar. The golf course provides a great backdrop for photos. One perk was the ability to book a golf outing at the club for our friends and family.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Mark · Married on 05/17/2015

In May 2015 our daughter was married at the Duck Woods Country Club on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. While we knew the club was an amazing venue and had a reputation of providing excellent food served by a courteous and well-trained staff, we were speechless as to how well all the pieces came together. The secret to this success was the venue’s coordinator, Meghan Scanell. Meghan is a true professional who promptly replied to our numerous email questions. We always knew the status of every facet of the wedding and reception. She coordinated very detail while providing the necessary logistical information to our vendors (William Casper – flowers, Lori Douglas – photographer). Her attention to our needs ensured not only the success of the parts provided by the club, but also those provided by our outside vendors.

Upon arriving at the club on the morning of the wedding, the reception area was set-up and the staff was busy putting the final touches on the room. We used the locker rooms for the girl’s makeup and hair (Dimensions) and for the boys to get ready and relax. All wedding participants received sandwich platters and drink service prior to the wedding.

The reception was perfect. Meghan ensured that every part of the evening was well staffed and that the family tables were attended to. The entrees were delicious and served to all of the tables without delay. This allowed the entire group to enjoy the food, dancing and fun at the same time.

I would highly recommend Duck Woods Country Club to anyone looking for the perfect venue. The greens were breathtakingly beautiful which contributed to the most amazing pictures. We are grateful to Meghan and her team for their hard work, dedication and professionalism.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/16/2015

I had a great experience with Duck Woods! They truly went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Joseph · Married on 05/08/2015

Meghan Scanell and the team at Duck Woods Country Club delivered a fantastic wedding evening and venue for me and my new wife! I would highly recommend letting them take all the work out of your wedding and delivering a memorable experience for your next wedding or event. The food is excellent, the room is spacious, and the staff is helpful and friendly. Thank you to all the Duck Woods Country Club staff for a job WELL DONE! ~ Mr. and Mrs. Ausband

Sent on 05/19/2015

Becky · Married on 04/25/2015

Our daughter's wedding reception was at Duck Woods Country Club Saturday, April 25, 2014. From the beginning stages of planning, Megan Scannell was superb in her position as Function Director. She responded promptly to every email and call; and did so with professionalism and courtesy. She worked alongside us as we made decisions for decorations, food, service, timelines, and logistics. Megan has a firm understanding of how events work at the club and can readily assist in the execution of a small to large event in a seamless manner. She is a strong asset to Duck Woods County Club.

The morning of the event many people were preparing decorations in various areas of the facility. Staff members were available to assist and did so with no reluctance. Every request discussed for the flow of the evening was adhered to. All enjoyed the food, which was served promptly and hot, as requested. The support staff was friendly and accommodated the guests as needed. We extend Kudos to the chef and his team.

At the onset we discussed how drinks for the evening should be prepared and served. As guests entered the facility, they were immediately offered a refreshing drink and an appetizer if desired. Countless times guests commented on how superb the bar staff served them and did so with a friendly attitude. We greatly appreciated this level of professionalism by all.

Our experience at Duck Woods Country Club was beyond excellent. Megan told us to leave the details to the staff and enjoy this wonderful evening with our daughter and our new son-in-law. This is exactly what we did. And if we might mention, we secured an amazing band for the evening, which made this wonderful experience even better. Kustom Made Band out of Virginia Beach was awesome. Duck Woods Country Club offers superb services. We are very proud to recommend this facility to others.

David and Becky Strickland

Sent on 04/27/2015

Connie · Married on 04/04/2015

My husband and I enjoyed our wedding at Duck Woods. We chose the venue because of my husband's family and their membership to the club, as well as the beautiful grounds and large venue space. Meghan, the functions director, was so easy to work with. She promptly responded to emails and was available to meet frequently. The service leading up to and on our wedding day was amazing. I received many compliments on the venue space and food throughout the night and since. My husband and I had a great time at out wedding, as did our guests. The staff at DWCC made it easy to enjoy our night. We have friends having their reception there in May and look forward to returning to celebrate with them.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Mary "Charlie" · Married on 04/04/2015

If you are looking for a PERFECT location for either a wedding/wedding and reception or rehearsal dinner Duck Woods is the place to call. The event coordinator was exceptionally nice and efficient, the service and food were superb and the club is just lovely. I have been to many, many weddings and this was by far the best ever. The setup and rooms are lovely. You just can't go wrong at Duck Woods Country Club. When the music stopped everyone was ready to keep dancing. So much fun :) If you should ever need a recommendation other than what I have listed you may ask Meghan for my telephone number.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Excellent value for a beautiful location! We received many compliments from our guests concerning the food as well as the venue itself. Function director was responsive to our needs before the wedding as well as during the wedding. Probably the best value for a wedding reception on the Outer Banks!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Excellent organization and wonderful response to any questions.Wait staff and bar staff were excellent. The chef was very flexible and even ordered special dishes (ramekins) for a menu request.Meghan Schannell was also very helpful in the budget process with great input and suggestions.
    The staff was also helpful after the dinner and aided in clearing away the table arrangements etc.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Kathleen · Married on 09/27/2014

Meghan and her staff did a phenomenal job making the day the best day of our lives! Everyone raved about the ceremony site and beautiful views of the golf course. The transition to cocktail hour was seamless and in to the venue for dinner was easy. I have never heard so many compliments about the food and how it was the best filet, chicken, fish and mashed potatoes people have ever had.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Glenn · Married on 09/13/2014

I can't say enough for the great job Meghan, Mac, and all of the staff did in making our daughter's wedding absolutely perfect!! The dining room was transformed into a stunning, magical reception venue. The dining room, bistro, foyer and patios were set up beautifully. (The chair covers really looked great!) The food was fantastic! We had so many wonderful complements -- several folks said it was the best salmon and filet they ever had!! The appetizers were a huge hit -- I know I personally loved all of them! The wait/bar staff was friendly, attentive, and efficient. WOW! The staff at Duck Woods really know how to throw a great party!!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Beverly · Married on 09/06/2014

Duck Woods Country Club was by far the most flexible venue site we visited. They were willing to work with the time schedule we set, and also provided the best value for our event. The dinner, steak and lobster, was served to 185 people at the appropriate temperature and cooked perfectly. The Friday before the wedding a group of guests had a morning of golf and an afternoon lunch at Duck Woods which was complimentary for booking the facility.

The wedding ceremony took place at the Marina in Southern Shores, less than a mile from the club. A wedding trolley transported everyone back to the reception site for cocktails,dinner, and dancing. The dance floor was set in the center of the reception hall so all guests felt included. Meghan, the function coordinator was attentive throughout the entire process. We received many compliments on the food, the attentive staff, and the beautiful venue.

Sent on 09/11/2014
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

The Country Club was very reasonable and flexible, they were so inviting, very professional, and receptive to our ideas regarding decorations and were very accommodating to each of our guests needs! The groomsmen had an unbelievable time getting to play golf, the dinner for each 180 people there was greatly complimented, as it was incredibly delicious, each server was polite and on top of things, the bartender was kept busy and had only compliments from patrons, as he was equally as great! Overall, the country club made it easy, and fun to have our event there...and it is just a beautiful place to begin with, so made the event that much more enjoyable!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Crystal · Married on 09/05/2014

We just got married at Duck Woods this weekend. Everything was perfect! Meghan was the most responsive of any of the vendors I used which made everything easy. I knew I didn't have to worry about anything at the venue because she would take care of it. She was always available and flexible, a pleasure to work with! The venue is gorgeous and the food is amazing! Our guests loved it. They told me it was the best food they've had at a wedding ever!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Erin · event on 08/24/2014

Meghan and the Duck Woods staff were very accommodating to each one of us and our guests. The food was excellent as well as the service provided. The tables were gorgeous as well as the room.

Sent on 08/25/2014