Dublin Cleaners Reviews

21 | Columbus, OH

21 Reviews for Dublin Cleaners

Margaret e Henderson · Married on 03/17/2019

Fantastic Service

There aren't enough nice things to say about Margaret, Lisa and the entire team at Dublin Cleaners. I planned my wedding in Columbus from D.C. and about a month out, I realized I needed to find a place to steam my dress. I found Margaret and Dublin Cleaners, sent an email and within an hour, I heard from Margaret both via email and phone. She was on her family vacation, but spoke with me at length about the process and what I should expect. She set everything up (repeat: while on her family vacation) a month out, and even the week of the wedding, she sent me a text to let me know they were prepared for me to come in on the Thursday before my Sunday wedding. The entire process couldn't have been smoother. Lisa, the manager, was fantastic and helped me get the dress into my mid-size SUV for the 20 minute drive back downtown. The dress looked brand-new and simply gorgeous. I truly cannot say enough about the service from Margaret, Lisa and the entire team. My only regret is not living in Columbus, so I can go there more often! Choose Dublin Cleaners. They're the best and make you feel like you're their only client!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Lori Pierson · Married on 02/09/2019

The service and experience were exemplary

Everyone recommended Dublin Cleaners to us and didn't listen, at first . Our daughter lives in Cleveland so she took her Columbus purchased and altered dress to her hometown and then realized no one in that area offered the same services as Margaret and her team of professionals at Dublin Cleaners. So after mom drove to Cleveland, got the dress and drove it back to Cbus for Dublin Cleaners to press and pack we realized we should have just started with the experts. Margaret was kind, gracious, professional and helped us out every step of the way. The intake process in Dublin was calm and thorough. The dress was pressed and packed so well we didn't need to steam out any wrinkles after we took the dress back to Cleveland for the wedding. After the wedding we took that torn, black on the bottom, adult beverage stained dress back to Dublin Cleaners and everyone shared in our post wedding parental glow, acknowledging how much fun the bride had in the dress with all assurances they would once again take care of the dress. For all of wedding pressing, packing and preserving needs, just call Dublin Cleaners first, Margaret and her team will be some of the best people you work with.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Lori for the lovely review. In wedding planning it takes a team and we're so delighted you chose Dublin Cleaners to be part of your team to have such a wonderful wedding day!

Greg & Margaret Butler

Susan · Married on 09/01/2018

Excellent service and quality

Margaret and Greg Butler and their staff went above and beyond with the cleaning, minor repairs and preservation of our daughter's wedding gown. The process was done in a very timely fashion and delays on our part in reviewing the work were accommodated. In response to a last minute request, Margaret and Greg worked on Christmas Eve to finish and pack the dress so it could be under the tree the next morning! Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

Thank you, Susan, for your review. We are delighted you are happy with our service. We are also happy we could accommodate your desire to have the gown preservation ready for you by Christmas! Sincerely, Greg and Margaret Butler

Lisa Trotogot · Married on 08/11/2018

Excellent decision

I was referred to Dublin cleaners through my niece. I can’t express how grateful Margaret and her team has been. I sent my daughters dress with pizza stains, along with stains on the hem. Margaret kept me informed through the entire process! Dress came back without the stains, preserved in such a beautiful way. Well worth the extra money! Thank you Dublin cleaners!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

Lisa, we appreciate your review! We are delighted your daughter's dress came out as well as it did and that you are happy with the service! Greg & Margaret Butler
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 05/05/2018

Dublin Cleaners gave me confidence that I could leave one of my most prized possessions and it would be safe! I purchased a sample wedding dress that needed cleaned before alterations could be completed. The service was excellent, the cleaning did the trick, and they were speedy! I expected (and was quoted) about 2 weeks - it was ready in days.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin. We are delighted you are happy with our service! Sincerely, Margaret Butler

Leah · Married on 05/06/2017

The owners of this shop are amazing! I truly can't say enough about their quality service, professionalism and how caring they were! After picking up my dress from the seamstress we noticed a huge brown stain on my dress a week before my wedding. Margaret and Greg worked wonders and got the stain out, pressed my dress, put it in a better protective bag, and got it back to me before the promised date! I look forward to getting my dress preserved by them I will use them for all my dry cleaner needs and recommend them to anyone! All around the best service I've ever received!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Antonia · Married on 04/08/2017

I was very pleased with the service that I received from Dublin Cleaners. They did a great job cleaning my wedding dress and the owners went above and beyond to ensure that I was happy. I highly recommend Dublin Cleaners for wedding dress cleaning/preservation!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

Thank you, Antonia. You were a pleasure to work with and we so appreciate you chose Dublin Cleaners for your pre-wedding and post wedding services. Thank you for your lovely review. Sincerely, Margaret and Greg Butler

Melissa · Married on 04/30/2016

Above and Beyond!

I would highly recommend for wedding dress preservation! Margaret was wonderful! She truly cares about your dress. She went above and beyond, including talking to the bridal salon I purchased my dress and got replacement buttons for a few I lost during my wedding. I can’t say enough good things!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Lindsay · Married on 10/01/2015

I sent my dress in for cleaning and restoration after my wedding in October. The hem of my dress was very dirty due to our outdoor wedding. I sent it into Dublin Cleaners and the gown came back to me like new! I can tell the amount of hard work that went into cleaning and preserving my gown. It had lots of intricate lace and beading that had to be attended to and everything came out wonderful. The dress was returned to me beautifully displayed in a case. I am so grateful for the hard work and dedication that went into preserving my dress. I would most definitely recommend using the services at Dublin Cleaners for any of your wedding (or everyday) needs!

Sent on 04/01/2016

I cannot rave enough about the owners of Dublin cleaners! I had a dress that needed a small stain removed and I lived 2 hours away from where my dress was being serviced (long-story). When I initially called Dublin Cleaners, I was immediately given the personal cell phone of one of the owners, Margaret. Margaret was such a problem-solver and really empathetic. Margaret arranged to pick up my dress from alterations, remove a small stain, and bring it back to alterations for my final fitting. Since I live 2 hours away, I thought I was going to have to have my parents drive all over the place to get this dress cleaned and ready to go. Turned out, the woman who did the alternations, was able to get the small stain out on her own. Dublin Cleaners, at my request, still drove to the alteration location to check out my dress and make sure that the stain was removed, which it had been. Not only that, Margaret provided suggestions for how I could properly transport my dress on an airplane so there would be minimal wrinkling. Nevertheless, there was wrinkling that I had trouble getting out. It was the day before my wedding and I was in a panic. Since I was out of the country, I was only able to email Margaret. She got back with with me right away and provided additional suggestions and words of comfort:)

In the end, my dress was amazing on my wedding day, I got wonderful, personal assistance from Dublin Cleaners, and they never charged my a dime! We just got back from our honeymoon yesterday and have a reception scheduled for the end of June. I will definitely be taking my dress and my husband's tuxedo there to be cleaned and pressed for the reception:)

Sent on 04/16/2015

sarah · Married on 11/03/2012

WONDERFUL WEDDING GOWN CLEANING AND PRESERVING! Dublin Cleaners did an absolutely wonderful job on my wedding dress cleaning and preserving. The dress had a layer of bar-tar after going out and you would never know after the spectacular work. Not only did Dublin Cleaners preserve my dress is a lovely linen box, but Margaret also wrote a beautiful note to me congratulating me on my recent marriage and complimenting specific parts of my gown. I RECOMMEND DUBLIN CLEANERS TO EVERY ONE I KNOW!

Sent on 02/28/2013

Janet · Married on 06/16/2012

While cleaning out my husband's mother's house,we came across her wedding gown. She was married in 1938. It was in a dress box with tissue paper around it, just as it had been for the past 74 years. The dress is made from a very sheer and delicate fabric. There was some staining and discoloring on the dress.
    We took it to Dublin Cleaners and they made it look beautiful. We are going to put it in a shadow box with their wedding picture. It will truly be a family heirloom to be passed on.
    Thanks Dublin Cleaners for restoring this dress to it's original beauty.

Sent on 04/13/2012

Joan · Married on 06/14/2012

My wedding gown had been in it's original gown bag since June 14, 1963, It was yellowed from age and the lace sleeves and down the front were very yellow and stained. The Dublin Crew were miracle workers and restored it to it's original white, including the lace. You wouldn't believe the constrasting pictures. I especially wanted it to display for our 50th wedding anniversary next year. They granted my wish.
    Thank you Dublin Cleaners and especially Greg, Margaret and Brian.

Sent on 04/13/2012

Diane · Married on 03/17/2012

As a bridal store, I highly recommend our brides to use Dublin Cleaners for the care and preservation of their wedding gowns. Whenever we need a dress cleaned, Dublin Cleaners is quick to respond and clean our gowns. They are flexible and do the job wonderfully.

Sent on 03/13/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/16/2011

Last minute I needed my wedding dress pressed so I called Dublin Cleaners on a Wednesday afternoon, dropped off my dress 5 minutes before they closed that evening, picked it up Thursday and wore my AMAZING dress on Saturday! They were very accommodating and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Mandy · Married on 10/04/2014

I contacted Dublin Cleaners about their wedding gown cleaning and preservation and the manager, Margaret, contacted me right away and was great with giving me all the information. She was very helpful and super friendly when scheduling me to bring my dress in. I brought my wedding dress to the Dublin Cleaners plant location back in January to get it cleaned and preserved and just received it back last week. Dublin Cleaners did a great great job with my wedding dress. I had a small stain on the body of the dress and some dirt on the bottom from pictures and dancing and they were able to get all the stains out with no problem. The preservation box was much bigger than expected, but I did have a long train :) The dress looked so great in the box with my veil and garter. They also supplied gloves for handling the dress if and when it is opened and a really nice note attached to the box for care, cleaning and the life time guarantee which was really nice and personable. My only complaint would be how low the dress was in the box, it sat about half way down the view window so the top half was mostly my veil and I would have liked to see more of the dress in the view window. Also the garter was connected to the side of the box so you can't see it in the view window, but none of that was really discussed beforehand so all-in-all they did a really great job and I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 04/11/2015

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Mandy. I'm sorry that the gown wasn't positioned as you would like it in the "window." If you would like me to look at it again and see if we can adjust it for you, please contact me at mbutler@dublincleaners.com.

Grace · Married on 09/04/2016

I got my gown steamed prior to the wedding. I had a very long train and they did a fantastic job - my gowned turned out crisp and beautiful. I even forgot my hair comb that was wrapped up in my veil and they called me a few minutes later and told me I had forgotten it but not to worry. I said I would pick it up with my dress and there it was. I would've panicked so I am so glad they called me right away.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

Grace, thank you for the very lovely review. You had a beautiful gown and we are happy you chose to work with Dublin Cleaners for your pre-wedding services. Sincerely, Margaret and Greg Butler

They were very friendly and helpful. Recommend a less expensive spot cleaning to save me money.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

We are delighted you are pleased with the services and recommendations you received from Dublin Cleaners. We try to be responsive and "spot on!" with all that we do in our company and especially with our brides because we know what a unique and special time in your life this is! Thank you for taking the time to recommend our services. Sincerely, Margaret Butler, Dublin Cleaners

Alexandra · Married on 05/08/2010

Took 5 business days to press my dress. When I talked to someone one the phone before I dropped it off, they told me it would likely be done by Thursday night or Friday morning, which would have been perfect, but that became Friday at 4pm- I had to be there for the rehearsal on the other side of town at 5:30. Did a good job, but I was hoping they would have a once-over and saw a large flower on the dress wasn't open all the way. That could have been easily fixed, but I had to sew the back of the petals open the wedding day because no one who was working the steamers/irons was working when the dress was ready.

Sent on 06/17/2010

0.0
      1.5
      3.0
      2.5

We were told that Dublin Cleaners was the only game in town, and was highly recommended by Alan Ray Bridal, so we didnt even look to go anywhere else for the wedding dress pressing. Two days before the wedding, the dress was picked up and the pressing was not done correctly at all. The underneath of the dress was not even touched. They had to redo it, and we had to come down to pick it up again the next day. We were very disapointed with the service. And will not be using for the presevation of the dress. Also, while in line waiting to complain about the dress, there was a mother of another bride also freaking out about the same thing.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Dublin Cleaners's reply:

We are so sorry shanny138 had a less than satisfactory experience. She doesn't say, but I hope she was eventually satisfied with the pressing of the gown. Sometimes, mistakes happen and we always do our best to make the customer happy. We regret her inconvenience. I wish she would have contacted me through the website so I could have personally addressed her experience.